Bus Stop - Cover

Bus Stop

Copyright© 2008 by MissLynn

Chapter 5

Chad and Jessie became inseparable. They spent Thanksgiving together at her apartment. Her mom wanted her to bring Chad over there, but she declined. Chad had to do his morning show plus a couple hours to cover for another DJ. Jessie cooked dinner for them and Chad brought dessert from the bakery.

In the afternoon, they watched football and munched on snacks and leftovers. To make it more fun, they chose opposite teams and cheered them on. Jessie laughed when her team won and Chad told her she cheated.

Christmas shopping was something Jessie looked forward to each year. When she discovered that Chad had a long list but hadn't started, she offered to go with him. They walked through the busy malls holding hands and enjoying the decorations. Soon they had snow and Jessie invited Chad to go along ice-skating. It was a time filled with happiness for them both. One night, as Chad walked with her to the door, she grabbed a handful of snow and threw it at him.

"You'd better look out now," Chad told her.

"Catch me first," she laughed.

With that, she ran through the yard and hid behind an old tree. The snowball in her hand was ready to go as soon as she saw Chad. After a couple minutes of silence, she peeked around the trunk, and tried to find him. Seconds later a snowball hit the tree by her face. Before she could retaliate, Chad was right there, laughing as she tried to keep the snow out of her coat.

"I've got you," Chad said just before his lips covered hers.

Jessie surrendered to the heat of his kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck. As Chad fit her closer to his body, she snuggled into his chest, and moaned. The yelp from Chad when the snowball in her hand found its way down his back had her laughing so hard she stumbled trying to run away from him.

"You are so in trouble," he warned.

They ended up in a snow bank with Chad threatening to get back at her. Each time his hand moved towards her face she shrieked. For several minutes, they rolled in the snow like young kids. When Jessie called a truce, Chad helped her up, brushing the snow off for her.

Jessie's mom had invited them over for dinner that evening. After a quick change into dry clothing, Jessie packed up the dessert she had prepared earlier that day, and off they went. Jessie enjoyed the many decorations that were out for the holiday. Chad smiled as she turned her head from side to side in hopes of not missing a thing. To him, she lit a room with her smile more than all the thousands of bulbs they passed put together.

Chad greeted Jessie's mom as they walked into the kitchen. She was a great cook and the smells made his mouth water.

"Noreen, it smells heavenly in here. Too bad Jessie can't cook this good," Chad announced.

"Hey, you like my cooking. Besides, who do you think taught me?" Jessie replied.

They talked as they enjoyed the meal and Jessie and Chad pitched in cleaning up afterward. Of course, much of the talk was about the upcoming holiday.

"Jessie has been helping with my shopping list. I'm afraid some of my choices wouldn't have made an impression on anyone," Chad admitted.

"You wanted to buy ties for your boss. The assortment of wines I suggested is a much better idea and you know it," Jessie chuckled.

"She's always had a knack for choosing just the right gift," Jessie's mom told him.

"I love shopping and being in the malls with the crowds. Everyone is searching for that special gift and the kids are so excited about seeing the Santa there." Jessie sighed and smiled.

"The parents are fun to watch, too," Chad teased. "Especially when they've been shopping all day and it's their child screaming at Santa."

"You just wait, Chad, someday that will be you standing in line with your kids," Noreen told him.

"I don't think kids fit in with a bachelor's lifestyle," he replied.

Jessie heard the words as she put the last of the clean dishes away. They hurt more than she cared to admit. She was so sure Chad wanted more from their relationship, just as she did, but the remark made her wonder. For the rest of the evening she smiled and joked with them but inside her heart was heavy.

They soon left her mom's and Chad took her home. Since he had to be at work early the next day, he walked her to the door and gave her a brief kiss before he left. Jessie struggled through getting ready for bed as she thought back to his statement. In the morning, she woke with a headache, the lack of sleep unusual for her.

When she didn't hear Chad's voice on the radio all morning, Jessie tried to remember if he mentioned meetings, or appointments. Nothing came to mind, but she shrugged it off as a quirk of his job. Things came up all the time without notice for him.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.