Divided at Division One
Chapter 28

Copyright© 2008 by Pettybox

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 28 - Jared Winslow is a small college football coaching legend in Vermont who waited for the opportunity to come along to move on to Division 1 NCAA coaching. His love life was waning and broke it off to move on. He found new & old opportunities for both sex and love as he began to mold his dreams and slowly realize how one tied its fortunes to the other. The highs and lows of both love and coaching success intertwine on his journey.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   School  

When the coaches talked with the players about the strength and weaknesses of their upcoming opponent they also stressed another point; Maine State College was doing the same thing with their team.

Jordy Alford had his offense taking a breather at one end of the field, sitting on their helmets listening intently at Wednesday's practice.

"Right now a team is preparing to play us, ... beat us, ... and do you know what THEIR coaches are telling them?" He asked as he raised his left hand and took the pointing finger in between the pointing finger and thumb of his right hand and shook it before them as he paced.

"Number One, they have an inexperienced Quarterback who can be rattled in tough situations." He said slipping his grip to his left middle finger.

"Number Two, they have a hot shot running back from the street gangs of Chicago who has to be taught a lesson." He said slipping his grip to his left ring finger as he exhaled deeply and turned on his heel to pace the other way.

"Number Three, their best returning back plays behind the Chicago hot shot and is the 3rd or 4th receiver." He said before stopping and putting his hands on his hips to face them.

"Lastly, they haven't been able to move the ball in scrimmages once they get inside the 30. They settle for 3 instead or going for 6 ... Are these all fair assessments?" He asked rhetorically.

"If the shoe were on the other foot, ... yes... , I WOULD say all of the same things. BUT, we have to prove them wrong on every count. We can prove them wrong because the only thing that's actually true, ... it's that our Quarterback is inexperienced, ... BUT HE'S GOT NERVES OF STEEL AND A SHOTGUN FOR AN ARM AND ALL THE TIME HE NEEDS TO SET UP, DOESN'T HE, LINEMEN?" He shouted to make his point.

"Yes, SIR. Yes, SIR CLICK! CLICK!" Could be heard from all assembled.

"Just keep those things in your head. THAT'S how they will try to beat us. We'll try to show them something new this week, and we'll try to show something new every week. Now, are we all ready to get back to preparations?" He asked calmly.

"Yes, SIR. Yes, SIR CLICK! CLICK!" Could be heard from all assembled once again.

The same type of speeches were made to the defense and the special teams in an effort to inspire each unit to excel after realizing their own weaknesses, whether real or assumed.

The media assumption that Boge Hollins being a thug was cutting to the heart of a team that had embraced him. He was one of their captains and had shown nothing but leadership to all. When he was elected captain he had a heart to heart with the team and explained his background, the truths and falsehoods that were part of his story. He had been frank about everything and faced his demons head on. He had become a true leader on the team and when things appeared in the press about him they knew to be untrue, it only inspired them more.

On Saturday morning as the team assembled for their first game together, only roster eligible players dressed, so June Bokue, Ben Breen, and Eddie Arnsberg (who was serving academic suspension anyway) were asked to sit in the booth with the spotters in hopes of learning that much more about the game and it's inner workings. June had become such a big part of the team in scrimmages that this almost seemed a punishment, but she hardly was wishing for an injury to get on the roster. She knew she had 4 years ahead of her and that by the time she got into games next year she would be extremely experienced and know the system through and through. Ben Breen, who had come as a walk-on, worked diligently to get better and better and it had become apparent that he could probably beat out Julie Murcer as the back-up place-kicker the following year. He probably had 15 to 20 yards more distance than Julie. Eddie Arnsberg knew the score of NCAA Division One football and it's workings, he just needed to sit out his transfer year. Coach Winslow wanted them to all feel a part of the team so watching the spotters work with the coaches he hoped they might learn something.

New England Meditek Stadium was filled to capacity for the first home game on a bright 60 degree sunny New England Fall day. The Maine team ran onto the field through an arbor held by cheerleaders and mascots and lined at the bench as they were introduced on the stadium public address. Then each Green Aggie was introduced as they came individually to the field through their own arbor and makeshift tunnel onto the field. Boge Hollins, Oksana Cushman, Kemmer Brooks and Coach Winslow each received the longest and loudest ovations.

Maine won the coin toss and elected to kick-off much to the delight of Coach Winslow.

Rich Boyle and Junior Contralco were the deep men as a long booming kick, aided by the wind, settled in the arms of deep man Boyle as it drifted to his side. He caught the ball and thought of returning it, but instead knelt, electing to let the Green Aggies start on the 20.

As Marv Hudson drew a deep breath and passed Coach as he settled his helmet in place, Jared Winslow whispered to him "11 Draw".

Hudson ran to the field as if Coach had said "Go get 'em" or some other encouragement, but his mouth was going dry wondering why he would call a draw on the opening play. They talked all week of opening early with a short air game and then controlling the ball with running plays and short passes until we saw holes in their defensive backfield.

"A draw is a way of slowing down the defense. It's a way of attacking the defense when they're doing a good job blitzing you or putting pressure on you." He remembered Coach Alford telling him. "It's supposed to look like a pass play, and then suddenly, you hand the ball off to the running back, and he should burst through the line of scrimmage." He recalled

11 Draw was the number 1 back through the number 1 hole. Their version used 4 wide receivers and generally looked like a pass play and most defenses would line up a 4-3 defense and not use a nose guard, thus opening the middle off the centers first block.

As soon as Boge Hollins heard the call he smiled to himself, already glad he opted to play for Coach Winslow. Maine worked on shutting down the air game all week and didn't want to let NEAT establish it, especially early. It was an unorthodox call, but Boge liked it.

Marv Hudson took the snap and used his quick, short, choppy steps back into the pocket and held the ball out for Hollins to take as he passed him. Whiskey Daniels turned his man out and Boge slashed through the hole and went into the flat cleared out by Tim Waters splitting the linebackers on a dash toward the far corner. Boge was untouched for 7 yards and then broke a tackle and was off to the races. Junior Contralco, who had crossed 8 yards in front of him, was now a deep pick on the last defender who may have a shot at Boge. Hollins heard footsteps and did a full striding stutter step that changed his line and cruised into the end zone for an 80 yard touchdown run.

To say the Stadium went wild would be an understatement. Marv Hudson almost beat some of the trailing defenders into the end zone to hug Boge as the offense marched off amid high-fives and fist-bumps.

In the aftermath of the exciting run and score it took a moment for the crowd and the defense to notice little Julie Murcer coming onto the field to kick the extra point. She had been standing with the long-snapper and holder on the sidelines and as soon as Boge crossed the goal line she pushed her helmet on her head and trotted out with the rest of the kicking taxi.

Before the crowd was back into their seats the ball was snapped, put down and drilled through the upright for the extra point as Julie raced off the field, both arms raised in the air as if signaling the kick good. But her exhilarative raised arms and fists were for a lot of other things. It was for females who never got the chance, it was for herself and her own pride at never giving up after an illustrative high school career that usually marked the end for female footballers, it was for Coach Winslow for having faith in her. Finally it was for the team, the young men and women she worked so hard with and cheered for. If her season ended today, the whole effort would have been worth it. Not one player missed slapping her on the helmet when she got back to the bench. She jumped in Brian Faradays arms to thank him for stepping aside for the honor.

It had been a courageous call to make to open a game and Boge Hollins has risen to the occasion and set the bar high from his first carry.

The defense shut down a stunned Maine team until the waning moments of the first half when they kicked a 32 yard field goal to get onto the scoreboard, going into the locker at the half with the score NEAT 16, Maine 3. Brian Faraday had kicked three field goals and Marv Hudson had managed to control the ball with short passes and hand-offs primarily to Boge Hollins, who, with his 80 yard run, had already gained 142 yards in the game.

In his half time words Coach Winslow only warned of over confidence and keeping the game plan.

"We'll stay within ourselves and keep working the ball as long as we can. They've been tough inside their 30 and there's no reason to get greedy to break them down. Our defense has held them tight and cut off their passing game and stunted their run to get us the ball back. If we keep doing that, we control the clock and the game. We haven't had any deep looks and Marv hasn't taken any chances, and that's good. 13 points is a good lead but it's not as comfortable as 16. They're getting the ball to start the half and shutting them down would be a nice way to start the half." Were the only words Coach had.

The team expected a longer pep talk and perhaps a bit more criticism but instead that got the pat on the back and an "Atta Boy". Jared Winslow knew that sort of confidence boost could go further than any other words as long as they stayed within themselves as they had. They hadn't set the world on fire, but they hadn't made any grave mistakes. In the words of some old philosopher, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The second half didn't start as Coach wished, the defense broke down on the kick-off and let them return the ball to their own 49. Again it was a defender trying to make a high decisive hit, forgetting a low tackle on the legs is a sure tackle. Frank Ruffen fumed on the sidelines and couldn't wait for the offending player to come to the sidelines.

Maine hit for 6 yards on a screen and then 8 more on a draw play. Defense called a blitz on a line up with 4 wide receivers and were burnt on a second screen for 14 yards. Suddenly Maine was moving the ball at will and quickly lined up with no huddle leaving the NEAT defense scrambling, which was obviously their intention. They pulled off a double reverse using a halfback option pass towards the end zone. The pass wobbled a bit giving Scott Claxton just enough time to get a hand on the ball before it fell into the arms of the receiver. The ball popped straight up and apparently into the arms of another Maine receiver, but Claxton, in full stride after his tip and turn towards the ball, took it off the Mainers fingertips and raced 97 yards for a score.

The tip and interception left the Maine Offense stunned as the kicking taxi quickly assembled on the field for the extra point making it 23-3 and putting the tired Maine Offense back out onto the field. The lead took away their running game as they had to put points on the board quickly, but they only managed 10 more on a well executed passing drive to open the 4th quarter and an on-side kick recovery on the ensuing kick-off. That drive resulted in a Maine field goal making the score 26-13.

With just over 12 minutes left Maine needed two scores to go ahead, but Marv Hudson kept the ball for 9 minutes on two drives, each resulting in field goals. NEAT delighted their home fans with a 32-20 win. Boge Hollins had run for 246 yards and Marv Hudson was 16 of 19 and Brian Faraday had kicked 6 field goals. Oksana Cushman had but one opportunity, but she represented herself well and marked the first time 2 women played in one game for one NCAA team. The offense had run on all cylinders this day and were sure to get an A. The defense ran into a bit of luck with the greedy Maine offense. Once Maine began to put it all together they tried to do too much, too soon and blew the opportunity. That, combined with NEAT's ball control, seemed to stifle any Maine uprising.

Amidst the raucous locker room celebration Coach Winslow came in flanked by his 3 assistants. When the stood at the head of the room the group quieted down to hear his words.

"I'll keep this short. To say that I'm proud of you would be an under statement, and I think I speak for all 4 of us and the staff. Savor your win and we'll all get together tomorrow, as usual. Celebrate, but be smart. This isn't the end, it's the beginning, we have so much more work to do. The media may want some of you, remember, we only talk about this game. Thank you all so much."

With those words Jared was off to meet the press himself for the post game presser. Before he went in to meet with them he took Ira Pressley aside.

"Go back and tell Oksana and Julie that if they want, they can come in and sit with me to answer a few questions. It's a big moment for them and I think they should. Give me 10 minutes and come to the door." He told him.

"You want them in uni's or streets?" Ira asked.

"Up to them." He said as he went in to the loud press room.

PRESS: Coach, is this your most satisfying win ever?

JW: Certainly one of them.

PRESS: You've always insisted that the co-ed team wasn't a stunt, what was having Julie Murcer kick the first extra point, if not a stunt.

JW: She's my back up place kicker. I wanted to get her first shot out of the way. She could have made every kick today if called upon. Getting the first was a reward for her hard work helping convert Brian Faraday. It was Brian's idea.

PRESS: Where did you dig up the two girls?

JW: Do your homework. They were both All-State in the schools they came from.

PRESS: Marv Hudson looked pretty cool out there. Were you happy with his first game?

JW: Marv had Boge Hollins to keep the heat off him all afternoon. He knew when to use him. Isn't anyone going to ask about Boge Hollins?

PRESS: (laughing) You obviously don't have any regrets about recruiting him, how good can he be?

JW: He may be the best college running back I have ever seen with my own eyes, but don't let one game form an opinion. He's a leader, and he's a horse. He would take the ball every play if you asked him.

PRESS: With the troubles this team had in the past, why wasn't Scott Claxton in the defensive backfield before?

JW: Scott worked very hard this past summer to get where he is now. I think you'll see him mature even more as the year progresses.

A door opened at the side of the room and Ira Pressley stuck his head in and got Jared's attention and nodded to him, stepping back to present Julie and Oksana in their team logo sweats. Jared smiled and stood extending an arm to welcome them into the presser, seating them on either side of him.

JW: Everyone wants me to introduce the women that are making a difference on this team. We're here to talk about the game, nothing more. If the talk turns into a grilling, we're through. I only have one microphone so we'll have to pass it.

PRESS: Have either of you ever been seriously hurt while playing and do you feel like the boys gun for you.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.