Divided at Division One
Chapter 41

Copyright© 2008 by Pettybox

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 41 - Jared Winslow is a small college football coaching legend in Vermont who waited for the opportunity to come along to move on to Division 1 NCAA coaching. His love life was waning and broke it off to move on. He found new & old opportunities for both sex and love as he began to mold his dreams and slowly realize how one tied its fortunes to the other. The highs and lows of both love and coaching success intertwine on his journey.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   School  

For some, it would be the biggest victory of their life. For others, it would be just a primer of what was coming in their sports careers. Anyone who was a part of THIS team had special memories of what they did, together. Even the special teamer who saw but 5 or 6 minutes of action all year would someday be walking through the Wal-Mart, standing in church, or even changing a diaper for their son or daughter, and the memory of the special feeling to be part of what they did might come fleeting by to bring even the smallest wrinkle of a smile to their face. For a moment they would stop what they were doing and take even the shortest of deep breaths and fill with pride to recall what THEY had done, as a team, together. Every little piece, each "click" was a part of the whole of what was to be some of their crowning moments as each domino DID fall as planned when they were set up.

As the players left the field Coach Winslow was doing an on field interview for ESPN when he was picked up and carried away by his team. It wasn't in their mind to carry off Boge Hollins, Marv Hudson, or Brian Faraday. They all knew who the architect was that molded the team, led the team, and gave each domino the courage and confidence to make their click without hesitation. Through all the ups and downs of the season, Coach Jared Winslow was a constant.

The locker room was full of joy. Although they had won nothing more than the game, they knew what they had accomplished this day and cumulatively for the football season. Jared requested the locker room be closed to all outsiders for 15 minutes following the game no matter what the outcome. Once the doors were closed and all were inside Jared conferred with his coaches and then went to his podium, still set up from the pre-game pep talk.

"If you could give me a few minutes for a few words before I go for the press conference. If you hold any cheering or clapping until I get done it would save time. I'm like the rest of you; I really want to get home to celebrate this. So...

To fathom what we have accomplished here is mind boggling. A 5 and 5 season would have been a victory for the school, the fans, and the team. It was what I wanted to shoot for. What with working with new players, new coaches and staffs, I expected there to be many ruts in the road. I had little to do in the recruiting of players for this team, but my predecessor did a great job at recognizing character. For that I thank him. I hope you all walk away from this experience having a better understanding of the word "can't" and the dynamics between "can't" and "won't". I was told you CAN'T have female players on the team; they CAN'T compete with the men. I was told you CAN'T get through to some players no matter how talented you think they are, they just refuse to excel, and they don't have the guts. I was told you CAN'T take a chance on players with troubled pasts, let them be someone else's problems. I was told you CAN'T take a young gifted athlete who has never played a sport before and expect him to perform at a high level. I was told you CAN'T bruise an ego and still have that person and their ego to sacrifice day in and day out for the good of the team. Finally, I was told you CAN'T have student/athletes who won't end up being athlete/students." Coach said before stepping back and letting his emotions get the best of him as tears flowed from his eyes.

The room stayed eerily silent as Coach Winslow gathered his emotions and turned to the group again.

"It was the character of each and every one of you that flipped every one of those CAN'T's. Character is doing the right thing, even when no one else is looking. You all have that. I had but one scholastic counsel for the whole year, no outside trouble, no late night phone calls and not once did I have to explain to an irate parent, local citizen or neighbor or even a faculty member that boys will be boys, or that girls will be girls. (group chuckles) Now, here's something you have to keep under your hats until tomorrow; for all of your efforts I have just been informed by Athletic Director Joe Barber that we have closed the deal and will be taking a trip to Tampa, Florida on December 19th to play under the dome in the United Banks and Finance Bowl. Our opponent that day will be the SunBelt Conference Champion and that looks to be Florida International or Florida Atlantic. This means a tremendous amount of prestige and leverage for future recruiting, and it means a sizable sum for the University, which is the reason they have supported us so richly as we adapt to Division One. So now, you all held it in so far, CELEBRATE!" He said as the room finally erupted after giving Coach the floor for his words.

"IF I COULD?" Coach said trying to get their attention for another moment.

The room quieted again as Jared wanted to add to his words.

"I'm going up for the post game presser. Once you're dressed you can come up and join me at the table, all of you or some of you, however you decide. Once you join me, remember, only game questions, no personal stuff. We protect each other and our personal lives. If you are uncomfortable about a question look to me and I'll either help you or tell the media it's out of bounds. Umm ... Tomorrow, here, at 3 o'clock ESPN will be here as they announce the bowl bids and opponents. Let's have the whole team here, you might get your mugs on TV, and we'll discuss the practice and work-out schedule. Remember the bowl bid is "team only" info for now. When asked just say that we are hopeful. DISMISSED!" He said laughing and continuing to shake hands as he made his way out.

There was a lot of celebrating and glad handing going on in the locker room after Coach Winslow left. The rest of the coaches, as always, left the team to themselves to talk, hold their little kangaroo courts to police themselves. The two captains talked privately to each other and then stood on their stools to signal they were ready to start their post game ritual.

"This is my first year here, and Jazz is leaving, so, ... we think one of the third year players should make the decision about the press conference thing. Who do you want?" Boge said loudly above the noise.

The team began to look around at the third year players and there was a murmur as a few guys were pushed towards the back of the room where Boge and Jazz stood. The juniors began to look at each other and move some of their brethren to the front until, perhaps the quietest of the group, Kemmer Brooks was singled out and pushed to the stool where Jazz Carey stood. Jazz stepped down and Boge reached over to help him up. Once he stood above his peers, Boge stepped down.

"Geez'um, I don't know. Coach has always hand-picked a couple of us to come up and answer a few questions ummm ... let's make a statement. How about we all shower, put on our greens and all go up? He'll have 6 seats at the table, sit the seniors there and we outnumber the press lined up behind them." He asked quietly waiting to hear reaction.

Some of the scrubs and unsung linemen started to chant in the back, "we all go, we all go, we all go," and soon the whole locker room filled with the chant.

"OK, quick showers and greens! LET'S GO!" Kemmer shouted, all of the sudden liking the "leader" position.

Jared usually gave the press 30 minutes and up to an hour depending on how much media was there. Asking for certain players to join was his way to give himself a break and begin to wind down the presser. Today there were live cameras from sports networks and national feeds from affiliates to support the story of leading rusher, leading scorer, and female players' angles.

At the front end of the locker room Oksana and Julie were quickly undressing and getting into robes to go to their showers while June Bogue, who hadn't dressed for the game, was changing into her greens.

"What in God's name am I supposed to do with my hair?" Julie yelled over the top of their enclosures to Oksana.

Oksana laughed, "You aren't supposed to be Barbie, you're a football player. Put it under a ball hat until you can come back to dry and fix it up. Are you ready to go?"

"Oh God, yes, let's go." Was her response as they both walked out in their robes and went to their shower unnoticed to the clamor of the rest of the locker room where 60 players were trying to rotate quickly under 40 shower heads at the opposite end of the room.

In under 25 minutes over 60 players lined up in the hallway outside the media room when Kemmer showed his face in the glass to get Jared's attention.

"OK, guys," Coach said to the assembled media, "I've see a few players have come up for questions. Nothing personal, OK. Don't make me end this." Jared said as he signaled Kemmer it was OK to enter.

A seeming never ending line of players came through the door, by height, and began to crowd in three lines behind the table as Jared sat shaking his head and laughing. Once they were all in and settled in the lines Tee Smythe spoke up, "Well, any questions?"

The room broke up in laughter at his deadpan and the media clamored to be called.

Jared pointed to the first questioner. "For Brian Faraday, is football your number one sport now?"

Jazz Carey pulled a microphone off the stand in front of his seat and handed it back to Brian.

"Today, right now, of course! I've lived and breathed soccer all my life, but I'm so glad to have used my soccer skills to help my mates get to where we are." He said in his Welsh brogue.

"Don't forget his athletic skills, Brian is a fantastic athlete, not just a kicker." Coach Winslow added before he pointed to a female reporter.

"For Julie Murcer, we saw Brian hug your helmet and then kiss it, what did he say to you? It was a nice moment."

Julie blushed and then started to answer, but stopped as Brian was passing the microphone to her.

"I was in the helmet, so I didn't see this kiss, but we've helped each other a lot during the year. Early on I helped him with his style, saw flaws, and helped him iron out a few things. He showed me a few things to develop more power. I never expected to make this team, but was glad to be a small part of it and help Coach Nietczyk transform him into the scorer he became. A lot of lies were published about this team, early on, and I'm glad we were able to prove them all wrong." She answered nervously recalling to herself the hidden affair with Brian. "Oh, and to answer your question, he just thanked me personally."

"Julie could kick for most any team in the NCAA, her size scared a lot of teams away. I trust her in any situation. She's proved she can handle herself quite well." Coach added before pointing to another reporter.

"For Boge Hollins, was that your biggest game, and did you ever expect to play at this level?"

"I always knew I could play at this level, but I got mixed up with the wrong crowd, messed up my priorities, made a fool of myself and let my own stupidity scare most teams away. Coach Winslow came to my home, sat me down with my Dad, and laid out the whole deal to me. He opened my eyes and made me see where my priorities should be. He's been like another father or big brother to me and I can't wait to play 3 more years for him." Boge answered, pausing while almost getting over-emotional. "Yes, this was my biggest game, it was something I know Coach wanted to prove himself, and I owed my best effort to him."

"You won't be tempted to enter the NFL draft?", came the follow-up.

"NO, I'm going to finish my education. If my Dad didn't have his education to fall back on after he was hurt, he wouldn't have had a way to support us, he hadn't played long enough for any pension. With football, you never know when the ride will end." Boge answered smartly.

"For anyone with any doubts," Jared added before directing the next questioner, "Humphrey Hollins is a fine, fine young man. I saw him leading young boys away from trouble on the streets and teaching them how they could use football to further their educations and make their lives better. He has been an exemplary student, teammate, and leader here. I don't mean to embarrass him, but there have been many lies and misleading stories written about him and the truth should be told. There are 60 or more people in this room who know the real man and would back my words up."

Jared pointed to another national reporter. "For Jack Daniels, do you have a preference to what team you may be drafted by?"

"Just as long as it's a team that needs a center right away. I don't think I could sit on the bench waiting for a start. But, obviously, I'll sign with whomever drafts me and try to prove that I can do the job." Whiskey answered.

"For Oksana, PLEASE!", came a woman's voice from the back of the room and Jared pointed to her.

"You skipped football in your freshman year, even though the team needed a punter badly, was that your choice or someone elses?"

Oksana took the microphone and glanced at Jared looking for direction, but opted to give her own answer, "Umm, let's just say that this year there was a new regime here and I was asked to go out for the team with no guarantees."

"Was your athletic scholarship honored?", came as a follow-up.

"I am, ummm... "happy" with the arrangement that worked out for my education and I'm overjoyed to be playing for Coach Winslow and I love my teammates. My education is my priority and football is just the cherry on the sundae." 'OK, OK," Coach Winslow said, "It's getting hot in here, ladies and gentlemen and the team and I are going to go back and celebrate a little together and then get back to work. It's hot in here." He said as he stood and led the team out of the media room towards the locker room.

"TODAY WAS THE LAST GAME, WHY ARE YOU GETTING BACK TO WORK?" "Did a bowl bid come through?" "Which bowl did you draw?" "Is there an announcement coming?" "Will there be a press conference?"

As the team filed out behind Coach they all smiled as reporters wildly asked questions and checked their Blackberries for breaking news. In a few minutes it would be news from ESPN when they would announce that NEAT would be part of the Bowl Bid Announcement Show on Sunday. Coach Winslow enjoyed tweaking the media and this was just another chance. They had printed unsubstantiated stories about his team based on scurrilous blog posts and he would never be too forgiving for that.

Going back to the locker room to put on street clothes Oksana and Jack brought up the rear and they spoke cautiously.

"Am I going to see you tonight?" She asked.

"I don't know. My whole family is here and I don't know where or if they're staying." Jack said, clearly undecided where his priorities were. "I'll call you as soon as I know what's going on."

Oksana leaned over to his ear as they were about to turn into the locker area, "I can't wait to kiss you and hold you."

In the meantime in the locker room Julie Murcer's eyes were seeking out Gerry Granahan. Since the game ended and they got inside she hadn't seen him to catch his eyes to tell him she wanted him. Suddenly she felt two hands on her shoulders as she peered down the line.

"Looking for anyone in particular? Me, I hope, or did you think I skipped out on you." Gerry said in a low voice to her.

She quickly stepped aside as if he was only asking to get by and she smiled at him coyly, saying "I was thinking a lot of things, but that wasn't one of them."

June Bokue, who had watched the game from the spotters booth with her fellow red-shirts, sat in front of her locker now greeting and congratulating her teammates. She was watching and waiting for Marv Hudson to come by. He had stopped just inside the inner locker doors to talk to one of the offensive assistants. Just as he finished up June stood up and picked up her duffle and headed toward him and the doors.

"Great game Marv, do you know what time the party is tonight?" She asked.

"Uh-huh, as soon as I walk in your door." He answered quietly.

"No!" She blushed, "The kitchen party!" June said feigning knowledge of his intentions.

"Oh, I thought you meant the one where I'll be serving and then looking for something to eat." He said knowing his words would get a reaction.

June blushed again as her pussy tingled at the thought as she brushed passed him, mad he was so playfully blunt with her.

In Jared Winslow's office his phone rang as he sat with his 3 assistants enjoying post-game banter.

"Hello?"

"We're going to get away tonight." Meaghan answered in a smoky, determined voice. "Declan is staying next-door and we're staying at The Residence Inn up the interstate in a two-bedroom suite. We'll fuck in both beds until the sheets are sweaty and I think the sofa pulls out as well. Sound like a date?, ... and Oh, ... and don't worry about dinner. I know what I want to eat and I'll have something for you. Sound good?"

"Sounds great!" He answered.

"I have a bag packed and I'll pick you up at Meditek in a half hour. I'll have everything we need, lover. I love you!" She said before hanging up.

Right away Jared knew that the night would be special. He would be away from phones and questions while celebrating privately with his true love. His job and obsession with this team had taken so much time away from he and Meaghan, they would have a chance to make some of it up.

Back in the locker room Jack Daniels was hanging up his cell phone and seeking out Oksana. Finding her just getting her things to leave he took her aside;

"Okkie, Coach flew all the seniors families into Burlington, got them here and put them up in the Days Inn just off campus. There's a charter bus taking them all back to Burlington tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock. They have an 11:15 flight to Chicago to make the connection to Indianapolis. I'm going to go with them and have dinner, spend some time and say my goodbyes. I should be back around 11 or so. Is that too late? My Mom says you should come along, though."

"No Jack, I couldn't go. You spend some quality time with them and come back later. I'll be up then. They haven't mentioned any party yet, but if there is one, we might even still be there. You come to my dorm no matter how late you get back, OK?" She told him.

Just as Jack thought he might try to talk her into going with them Jazz Carey came through the locker doors and sought out Jack.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.