If Only - Cover

If Only

Copyright© 2008 by Dragon_13

Chapter 2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Kara passes out in the snow due to an anxiety attack and a man finds her. Things start to heat up as she wonders if maybe it is time? But her fear from the past gets in her way...yet certain things keep happening that make her stay...

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Slow  

Kara's eyes widened, her restless thoughts jerked from her mind. The Weimaraner sensed her fear and started licking her face. As soon as realization set in, she started laughing. The last time she had played with a dog was in her youth. She moved her head from side to side, trying to evade the slobbering tongue. She finally grabbed the Weimaraner's head and looked into his eyes, a smile on her face.

Kara began to talk to the dog in that silly tone we all know well, charming the dog into submission. She was scratching and flopping his ears around when she suddenly noticed the delicious smell coming from the kitchen. It had been so long since she had a good, slow-cooked home made meal; she simply didn't have time anymore. She looked towards the kitchen and noticed Cadogan watching her.

He had the strangest look in his eyes, one that seemed hungry, yet she could sense a deeper emotion within those depths. It excited her and scared her. A smile slowly curved his lips.

"You seem to have made friends with Boris."

"Yeah, you have a beautiful Weimaraner" Kara said as she looked back at Boris and scratched his ears.

"Actually, he is not mine, though I wish he was ... my landlord does not care for animals at all ... You know, he really seems to like you. Usually he does not take to people so quickly. Perhaps you could take him?"

Kara was speechless. She loved dogs, but that was a big responsibility ... in fact, she had never really thought at all about getting a dog, even though she was very lonely ... It was like an epiphany just happened to her. Perhaps a dog was just what she needed. She looked back at Boris, with his blue coat and blue eyes, and couldn't say no.

"Well ... I suppose I could take him." Kara looked back at Cadogan and he was smiling so big she thought his face would get stuck like that.

Cadogan could not help but smile. He had hoped he would find Boris a good friend, and he finally did. {Besides, Weimaraners are very protective, and Boris seems to be just what Kara needs ... she seems a little on the skittish side}-Cadogan thought.

Kara gave him a small smile back, amused he was still smiling. The silence was a little unnerving. "Smells good." With that Cadogan perked up and ran back into the kitchen. Kara chuckled. Suddenly Cadogan popped his head around the door, his hat flopping over to partly cover his face. Kara tried to stifle a laugh, putting a hand over her eyes. She opened her fingers, and he was still in that same position. She started laughing, and closed her fingers again.

Cadogan had a goofy smile on his face. "Dinner is almost done, do you like gravy?"

"Yes please!" Kara said with enthusiasm. Cadogan teemed with excitement. {So far, this woman is quite something}

Kara looked back at Boris when Cadogan went back in the kitchen. Things were happening so fast, she was trying to take it all in. {Yes this man seems to be a gentleman, but then again so was he ... at first. I wonder if I will ever get past this ... every time something or someone wonderful happens to me, that doubt comes back again. When will I ever be rid of it? Perhaps ... I now have my own demons to fight... } Kara thought towards Boris whilst scratching his head.

When Kara thought about having her own demons to fight, Boris yipped curiously and titled his head to the side, but Kara was too deep in thought to notice. Boris licked her right on the nose and brought her back to reality. "Boris!" Kara groused. Kara heard the clattering of plates and decided to try and get up now rather than get so close to Cadogan again.

Kara moved slowly, sliding to the edge of the bed. She swung her legs to the floor and pushed with her arm at the same time, so that the momentum of her legs would sit her up ... she didn't want to take any chances. She decided to give herself some time before she moved again, and took in her surroundings.

Cadogan had taste, she had to admit. The room was a dark tope, with wisps of a faintly lighter color, almost undetectable; it served to give texture. He had beautiful mahogany furniture that was obviously antique and very well taken care of. The floors were a rich oak; the grain had a sheen to it and had a little tint of red.

Surprisingly enough, he had no pictures anywhere; it was almost as if where he lived was staged. Boris jumped off the bed and trotted out of the room, his stubby tail flicking back and forth. Kara pushed herself off the bed and onto the floor. {Thank goodness he has a high bed} She looked around for the restroom, needing to know just how disheveled she looked. By no means was she conceited; but she had a sense of propriety.

The door to the restroom was towards the back of the room. She walked towards it gingerly, but as she walked she felt no pain, and figured it had subsided. Kara opened the door and her jaw dropped. The bathroom was like an oasis; there were plants everywhere—yet the positioning and species complimented each other and made it seem like a rainforest ... however all the walls were painted a red-orange with gold ever so slightly sponged over it; giving the impression of being encompassed by a sunset.

{Talk about ambiance ... wonder where the toilet is} Above the claw foot tub were lighted glass blocks; casting an amber light into the tub.

Kara's eyes roamed over towards the mirror and was utterly shocked. She thought she would look like a ragamuffin, but to her surprise she looked ... beautiful. {No wonder why he was being so nice ... or maybe it is the awkward lighting in here} Her hair was a golden brown auburn with natural streaks of blond running through her hair from her youth. Kara had never seen her hair so perfect; her long curls tumbled around her shoulders and down her back. Her blue-grey eyes were suddenly piercing in their intensity; the dullness that had crept into them over the years was gone. Even Kara's face had a perfect complexion. {Damn, I should pass out in the snow more often.}

Kara looked behind her in the mirror and saw the shower, {dear lord... } she didn't even notice the shower when she came in. But the shower did not evoke awe in her; it evoked lust. The shower didn't have a door; it had an entry. What separated the shower from the tub was a wall of passion flower vines. There was a huge rainfall shower head connected to a gorgeous marble wall. The rest of the shower looked like stone ... Kara made a mental note that if she could, to find a way to stay over night so she could use that shower... {damn how I would like to be fucked—} Kara immediately cut off her fantasy before it began. She realized she was really starting to take to Cadogan; it was beginning to get dangerous. {You remember what happened the last time you let someone in} a voice seemed to say in Kara's head. {As if I am even in his league anyway} Kara retaliated while giving the luxurious shower one more look-over.

Though Kara did admit if she had the money she would have done something similar ... if she even thought of it that is. She opened the door to leave and saw Cadogan slightly stumble after the knob she had just pulled away. Cadogan saw a look of slight irritation on Kara's face before she saw him and laughed at the situation.

{Damn she is so beautiful} "I was wondering where you had run ... well, went off to" Cadogan said and smiled. "I see you have found my little oasis."

"Yes, I did. It could almost be a man cave except for the solitary fact that you are missing a flat screen TV suspended from the ceiling over the tub." Kara said.

"You know, I thought of doing that, but the way the studs run up there, it wouldn't have been in a desirable position while sudsing. Cadogan said in a completely serious tone.

Kara looked at him with an open mouth. {Oh my God... } Kara's thoughts were stopped short by the look on Cadogan's face. The corner of his mouth was twitching. {He did not... } Cadogan saw the look change on Kara's face from awestruck to her leering at him. Cadogan started laughing, "Just kidding!" He put his hands up in surrender. If Kara had known him better she would have gone after Cadogan hitting him with a purse ... or something ... she was trying to hold back her amusement. "Oh come on, I would never put a TV in there, it would totally ruin the ambiance."

Kara then gave him a quizzical look. {He just used two of the words I used to describe this place ... strange} Cadogan was caught off guard by her look, he went from smiling to the look of a person who just walked in at the wrong time of a conversation; lost. The look on Cadogan's face made Kara smile, but with sadness in her heart. {He does care, but he should not waste his time on one such as myself}

"Well, dinner is waiting!" Cadogan said trying to lighten the mood. Kara had completely forgotten about dinner. Her stomach growled in response. Kara blushed a deep shade of red. Cadogan chuckled. "Well, let's not waste any time then."

Cadogan stepped away from the door, allowing Kara to pass. {Better be behind her just in case} Kara glanced at him as she walked by, raising an eyebrow in question to his gesture. She walked towards the door he had kept coming in and of out when she was in bed. Cadogan could not help but check her out as she walked in front of him. {Damn she has a perfect ass} She walked through to a hallway with beautiful wood wainscoting, letting the delicious smell of the food guide her nose.

So far, the rest of the house seemed normal compared to his 'oasis'. That is until she walked into the kitchen. It was very obvious that Cadogan was a chef. {Talk about a gourmet kitchen} There was everything a professional chef would need. The cabinets were a beautiful vivid cherry—almost like a mahogany. There were granite countertops with beveled edges, an island in the middle of the kitchen with a huge rack of every assortment of pans known to man hanging from it.

{Wow, he even has sub-zero freezers... } If Kara ever imagined her dream kitchen, this was it. She wanted to touch everything, make notes as to how he did it so she could put it into her plans for her future home. She finally managed to look past the kitchen and she saw that there was a large opening to see into the next room, but that the sheer curtains were drawn. She looked to the left and saw a revolving door; she walked through it.

He had set a table with candles and he walked ahead of her to pull out her chair for her. Kara could not believe what was happening. {Perhaps I am still passed out in the snow somewhere, this must be a dream} Kara pinched her arm as opposed to slapping herself in front of Cadogan. She barely bit back her squeal. {Ow! Fuck! ... This is all too much... } Cadogan noticed her pinch herself and wondered why. {Does she think I am not real or something?}

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.