Teenage Rider  - Cover

Teenage Rider

Copyright© 2007 by passionlove

Chapter 3

Lily's School.

"Lily what is your opinion?" Mr. Stavrick, her politics teacher said to her in a clear voice, trying to get the girls attention.

"Lily, I'm speaking to you!" He repeated, annoyed at her lack in concentration as she was normally such an attentive student.

"Oh what... I mean pardon?" Lily stuttered, pulling herself out of her daze.

"I asked you what your opinion was on the effectiveness of Mussolini's political campaign, but obviously you have more important things to be thinking about" Mr. Stavrick said, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

Mr. Stavrick had a lot of time for his students, wanting them to achieve good results. But he could not deal with inattentiveness.

"Sorry. Well I believe that over all the..." Lily began, trying to answer the question well.

School was incredibly important to Lily; she loved riding horses, and the work she did at the disabled riding centre. Above all, she wanted to become a vet. However she knew that wouldn't be easy, so she was extremely annoyed at herself when she realized that she had been day dreaming of Adam and what he had said to her last Saturday.

She didn't need a distraction like him in her life, and what he had said was completely out of order. Even though she had turned 18, she was still extremely innocent, especially when it came to men.

Lily didn't have time for guys and sex and all the complications that came with those things.

She had her friends and right now they were enough, well her close ones at least.

The bell sounded shrilly throughout the school, prompting Lily to stand up, collect her books and make a quick exit out of the classroom not stopping to make eye contact with Mr. Stavrick.

As she approached her locker she saw the familiar face of her best friend. Jeremy had been friends with Lily for years, and he could tell something was up, as soon as he saw her face.

"So, Miss 'I don't return my best friends phone calls', you better be joining me this weekend in a junk food fest at my house," Jeremy said leaning against Lily's locker, not letting her open it until he got an answer.

"Actually Jeremy, I might be working later at the centre then I normally do. See I have been assigned this new partner-who is an absolute ass may I add-but I have no choice. Hey why don't you come around and pick me up afterwards, and we can do something," Lily said, shoving Jeremy out of the way to get to her locker. She laughed at his indignant expression, after she pushed him.

"Ass, you say? Well then, may I presume that this ass is a guy then... hmm?" Jeremy said knowingly, turning Lily to face him. He knew she could never lie to him when he made her look directly at him.

Lily looked up at her best friend. He was so much taller then her, but she had always seen him as somewhat of a gentle giant.

"Ok... Ok... so he's a guy, what difference does that make? Doesn't mean he isn't an ass," Lily said, grabbing her calculus text book for her next class.

"Sure thing Lily, sure thing. I think I should meet this boy you're head over heels for, just to make sure he's acceptable," Jeremy said with a stern face, crossing his arms over his chest, pretending to be severe.

"I am not head over heels for him. You should have heard the things he said about me..." Lily began, but she immediately regretted that, when Jeremy turned her to face him again.

"What did he say? Did he insult you?" Jeremy began, but Lily had already pulled herself away from him.

"Never mind, I have to go, I'll call you. Cya Jeremy," Lily called, rushing off down the corridor.

Jeremy watched his best friend hurry off down the corridor; it was unlike Lily to be so frazzled by a one guy. Jeremy picked up his bag and made his way to his own class, deciding that he would check on Lily later, he cared about her more then he liked to admit.


Adam rode through the side streets of his town making his way to the centre; he couldn't believe how early it was. He couldn't remember the last time he was up this early on a Saturday.

Adam had been both dreading and looking forward to this all week; dreading seeing Lily after what he said to her last week. Even though her facial expression after he said it made it totally worthwhile. But he was looking forward to being back up in the saddle. That was if he even got into the saddle. Still, he had hope, since they had told him that after lessons, teachers got free time with the horses if they were free.

He was worried about the lesson; he wasn't particularly good with kids. They normally were intimidated by him because of the way he looked. Though the blue in his hair was fading, the dye hadn't been permanent. His naturally dark brown hair would soon be back, and lately he had been re thinking dying it again.

Lily certainly disapproved of his hair, he could tell just from the way she looked at him. Adam thought to himself that though he knew he couldn't look after kids, but compared to snobs like Lily, the kids would be easy.

Adam pulled up at the centre. He was fixing his helmet to the bike and shaking his hair out of his eyes when looked up and saw her.

Lily was standing talking to Marcus, they seemed to be having an animated conversation, because Lily was smiling and giggling. Adam was struck by how pretty she looked, her hair was out and flowing around her shoulders, her smile making her face look radiant.

The way Marcus was touching Lily's arm was starting to grate on Adam's nerves, though he had no idea why. Marcus could touch who ever he wanted. If Lily wanted to be with Marcus that was her choice. Lily had nothing to do with him anyway.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.