An Unsettled Calm
Chapter 26

Copyright© 2007 by msboy8

It took two days for Blue to get the slant on Marks. The next time we saw him, he was about to blow his top, we were lucky though, he wasn't angry with us. "That four flusher, that gator faced gum beater, I'm gonna sent him to Beluthahatchie!" I did not exactly know what he said, but I knew what he meant. "So Malone how are we gonna bring some hurt to him? I've got the power and I've got the way to sock this mug man where it counts, just point me where I need to bring it!"

"The place to hurt him, to stop him is this Camp Siegfried on Long Island. We've got this map showing spots we need to check out." I showed him the map. "The problem is that the coppers are looking for us and we can't just stroll down Broadway on the way to check things out. We know that he is meeting the U-boats and getting supplies, we just don't know exactly where or how. I need to be there to get the low down on the camp. That's the only way we can make a plan to rub him and the camp out."

Mr. Blue thought for a moment then he smiled like the cat that ate the canary. "I got a way to get you there. You see, them fat cats on the Island need some Jigs to keep their farms running, so they need farm hands to help 'em. Being as how it's spring, things are growing somethin' fierce and they need our old cuffee backs bent over fetchin' for them rich ofay asses."

"To serve this need and make a little dough, we have a truck that picks up the park apes here in Harlem and drops them off every moanin' at the farms. You could ease onto the Island by day, do your thing at night and catch the bus back on the return trip with the tired park apes. Sound jake to you?"

It just might work! "Sounds like a plan to me! I just want to get going, I'm going goofy just sitting around."

"Well, the truck already took the boys there, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Let me get some rags in here and get you a hot. Y'all are gonna have to build up your strength."

We were just relaxing to the sounds coming from the ether when we heard this news.

Sir Neville Henderson was sent as British Ambassador to Berlin. The Prime Minister explained his main purpose was to facilitate the Anglo German rapprochement and maintain peace through appeasement.

Locally, the authorities have widened their search for Malone and Goldman, who are wanted for robbery and murder. It is believed that they have escaped the citywide dragnet and are headed toward places where they can spend their ill-gotten gain.

I just laughed at the news. If the newshawks did not know where we were then the coppers had even less of a clue. A nice young darkie skirt brought in some grub. Sarah and I were ravenous and finished up fast. One of Mr. Blue's hoods brought me some work clothes, shoes and polish. I was about to shine the work shoes when he laughed. "Nosir, the polish tain't for the shoes, it is for yer pale mug. Taint no way yer can pass for a park ape with that pasty skin o yers. Youse bettah collar a nod. The truck leaves early. een before the sun.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.