Tom's Adventures - Cover

Tom's Adventures

Copyright© 2007 by T-Rix

Chapter 28

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 28 - Tom is your typical young teenager, in the year 1839. His family is starting a journey out west, to take advantage of the free land. These are his adventures, and they are not what anybody expected. Story Completed - check the blog for details. **Warning** - Chapter numbers have changed.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Rape   Coercion   Slavery   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Historical   Incest   Mother   Brother   Sister   Daughter   BDSM   DomSub   Rough   Light Bond   Humiliation   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Violence  

As they stepped from the lodge Fighting Hawk noticed that there was a visitor sitting at the cook fire. He looked at them with a critical eye as he put another small branch on the fire. Fighting Hawk smiled and bowed respectfully. He heard a few gasps and knew that it was Moon Flower and Pretty Storm. They were probably the only ones that knew who the visitor was.

"Thundering Buffalo, it is unusual to see the 'Shaman' so far from the spirit lodge. I am honored to have you at my fire. May I offer you food or drink?" Fighting Hawk sat and watched the old man's eyes carefully. He had no official power in the village, but official and reality were two different things. His power was just as real as Gray Eagle.

"You are most kind. For a long time I have watched Fighting Hawk. He is good to the Cheyenne people. Widows and orphans are well taken care of. The old warriors hold their heads up once again. The Cheyenne people are once again strong. The other villages work hard to live up to the deeds of Fighting Hawk. When I visit the villages I see good things." He nodded his head toward the women packing things onto the horses. "You seem to be preparing for a trip. Maybe the news that I have heard is true?"

Fighting Hawk suspected that he was now hearing the real reason for the visit. It would be impolite not to discuss current events before telling of his reason to visit. He was surprised that everything that was said was about him, but suspected that the worse the news, the more the old man wanted him to look good. It would help soften the blow. He was starting to suspect the worst.

"We are traveling to the Southern valley. I will be leaving soon and I wanted my women living in the house in the valley. I might be gone for a long time and I wanted them safe." The old man nodded his head.

"Yes, they will be very safe there. That is the reason that I have come to see you. It is time to come to the Spirit Lodge. You will come now." The old man slowly stood and Fighting Hawk offered his arm to assist him. The old man smiled and gently took his arm and slowly rose to his stooped height. He didn't look back as he slowly started shuffling away.

Fighting Hawk turned to the women and motioned Moon Flower to him. She had been expecting something and was alert to his motion. "I had been summoned to the Spirit Lodge. Continue the move and I will see you when I can get there." She nodded her head and left to keep the other women moving.

Fighting Hawk motioned to Sara. She came quickly to him, "I will not be coming with you to the house. I want you to keep everyone out of the cave. I want to keep what is there for a surprise."

He smiled at her and she grinned back, as her smile faded she asked, "But what if mother, or Moon Flower, demands to go in there?"

Fighting Hawk looked at her before he answered, "Are you Fighting Hawk's woman, or a little girl?" She got a determined look on her face as she stood straighter. She nodded her head and softly said, "I am Fighting Hawk's woman, and it will be as Fighting Hawk says." Fighting Hawk smiled and kissed her forehead.

He turned and quickly caught up with Thundering Buffalo. He walked slowly and positioned himself slightly behind Thundering Buffalo, as a sign of respect. Fighting Hawk thought that it took a long time to get across the village, but realized that Thundering Buffalo was going as fast as he could. He wondered about being that old. He wondered if he would ever be that old. He wasn't sure if he ever wanted to be that old.

When they got to the Spirit Lodge Thundering Buffalo didn't stop outside, but immediately opened the lodge flaps and led the way inside. He motioned to the cook fire and told Fighting Hawk to sit and make himself comfortable. Fighting Hawk nodded his thanks and lowered himself to sit beside the fire.

Thundering Buffalo called his assistants to him. Fighting Hawk had seen the two around the village, but had never really paid them much attention, like many of the young men. "This is Stalking Wolf," Thundering Buffalo said, as he placed his hand on the older young man's shoulder. Fighting Hawk could see that this young man was clearly a warrior and probably older than he was. He smiled and nodded respectfully to the young man. He also noticed that his eyes held a flinty look. It was almost like the look some warriors got before a battle.

Fighting Hawk frowned as he realized that it was almost like the look that he remembered from some of the people on the wagon train. He remembered the blind religious belief that demanded complete obedience from everyone. He wondered if Stalking Wolf was that kind of person, and wondered if he was a danger to the village.

Thundering Buffalo then placed his boney hand on the other young man and there was little doubt that this was only a boy, and he doubted that he had been named. "This is Silent Wind, and he is anything but silent." Fighting Hawk smiled at the obviously embarrassed young man. As Fighting Hawk grinned at him it became infectious and the young man was quickly grinning back at him. Fighting Hawk saw in his eyes the same worshipful expression that the other young boys of the village had. He knew that this young man had dreams that still involved hunting and fighting. He wasn't sure which was better.

Thundering Buffalo sent the young men back to their work. Fighting Hawk watched Stalking Wolf go back to grinding things into powder as Silent Wind slipped from the Spirit Lodge. He watched Stalking Wolf place the powders into clay jars with hide covered tops. He also saw a few glass bottles with cork stoppers, and knew that these came from the wagon train raids. He wondered what all of the different powders were and realized that possibly someone like Thundering Buffalo might be able to explain the chemistry book, that he never did manage to understand. He sighed as he shook his head. Just to get him to be able to understand the book would probably take longer than the old man would live, if he would ever even consider it.

Thundering Buffalo gently cleared his throat bringing Fighting Hawk's attention back to him. "In many tribes the Shaman is a great leader of the people. They directly influence the everyday lives of all of the people. Chiefs and War Chiefs consult with the Shaman on anything of importance. They hold great power." Fighting Hawk heard a wistful sigh come from Stalking Wolf, and wondered if he held dreams of power.

Thundering Buffalo didn't miss the sigh either, but gently shook his head in regret before continuing on. "The Cheyenne people may have been like that once, but now the Shaman is responsible for the belief and spirits of the people. We help the sick and injured and lead the spirits of the dead into the spirit world. We believe that is the true calling of the Shaman, and anything else is the corruption of man." Fighting Hawk noticed the snort that came from Stalking Wolf, and frowned. He looked at the young man's back and wondered what trouble he would cause in the future.

Once again Thundering Buffalo shook his head and sighed. Fighting Hawk wondered if Gray Eagle had similar memories of a younger White Buffalo before the hunger of power consumed him.

Thundering Buffalo suddenly snapped his eyes to Fighting Hawk. "But we also talk with the Chief and War Chief, when we have something to say. We understand that it is not often, but when we talk we expect to be listened to. I speak with Gray Eagle often. We have been friends for many years. I rarely have any news of the spirit world to offer guidance, but he values my counsel."

"Since Fighting Hawk became War Chief, he has never sought my guidance, but I have never seen any War Chief act wiser, and care more for the people. He did not need my guidance, so I didn't seek him out." Fighting Hawk noticed that Thundering Buffalo had a smile on his face, and knew that his words were not meant to chastise. He grinned back at the old man.

"The Shaman of the Cheyenne people also hold the legends of the people. Some go back to the start of the Cheyenne. You are one such legend. One of our oldest legends says that a great War Chief will come among the people. He will see the dreams of the people and hold them in his heart. He will lead both people down the path of survival, and you will know him when he names himself as the Spirit Walker."

Fighting Hawk looked stunned for a moment. He was sure that this had to be some kind of a joke, or at least a play for power. The title of Spirit Walker was something that he had made up to frighten his enemies. He frowned and asked, "How long has this legend been held by the Shamans?"

Thundering Buffalo smiled, and Fighting Hawk noticed a definite twinkle in his eye. "That is the oldest legend of the Cheyenne people. We have waited for hundreds of years for the arrival of the Spirit Walker. In times of trouble we took heart; even though he had not come we knew that he would. So we knew that the Cheyenne people would continue on. I never expected to see the Spirit Walker in my life time, and I am proud that you have decided to show yourself when I was still alive."

Fighting Hawk frowned again. "Why do you think that I am the Spirit Walker that the legends speak of?" Suddenly Stalking Wolf spun around and growled, "Yes! Why should he be the Spirit Walker? He could have heard the old legends, and wanted the power for himself! Why do you believe him to be the Spirit Walker? He is just another white captive. Only a real Cheyenne warrior can ever be the true Spirit Walker! He should be driven out like all of the others. The whites have made us weak, and we should kill them all!"

Fighting Hawk stared at the venomous young man and wondered if he should just kill him now, or wait until he caused some real trouble. Thundering Buffalo slowly rose to his feet. Fighting Hawk could see the anger in his face. "You have always thought yourself better than everybody else. I knew that you have dreams of power, but your words offend the very beliefs of a true Shaman."

The young man sneered at the Thundering Buffalo, "A true Shaman old man! I am a true Shaman, and I will rule the Cheyenne people, like a Shaman is supposed to. I know the legends, and I know how to make the people follow me. Him; a white man, the Spirit Walker? No! I have already named myself as the Spirit Walker! Years ago I followed the ancient traditions, and covered myself with the blood of my enemies at midnight of a full moon. I danced the dance of the spirits, and called the spirits together. I then named myself Spirit Walker, just like the legends foretold. No old man, I am the Spirit Walker and I will lead my people to destroy all of the white men."

Fighting Hawk stared at the panting young man with a burning fire in his eyes. He knew that this man would be the death of all of the Cheyenne people. He quietly slipped his knife into his hand.

Thundering Buffalo exploded, "You are not fit to be a Cheyenne, especially a Shaman. Why do you think we gave up the power? So that people like you could never be. It takes all three leaders to start a war; the Chief, the War Chief and the Shaman. All must agree. Now you want to be all three and start a war. You act like a child. You have secret ceremonies in the dark of night, like the coward that you are. You believe that the spirits wouldn't stop you? They have stopped you today. You will never be a Shaman as long as I live, and I will make sure that you are driven out of the village as the coward that you are."

Fighting Hawk saw it coming, even if Thundering Buffalo didn't. Stalking Wolf was angry and afraid of losing everything that he had worked for. He heard the low growl and saw the knife in his hand as he lunged towards the old man. Fighting Hawk's knife slashed quickly across the wrist of the young man. He was fast, but he didn't see anything but Thundering Buffalo. He was surprised when his knife spun away and landed at Thundering Buffalo's feet.

As he looked down he saw that his wrist was slashed deep, and he knew that he would probably never be able to hold a knife in that hand again. His face showed his anger as he lunged toward Thundering Buffalo with his good hand. Thundering Buffalo might have been old, but he was still a Cheyenne warrior. When Stalking Wolf grabbed his throat Thundering Buffalo slipped his own knife deep into his stomach and Fighting Hawk knew from the angle that Stalking Wolf's heart was not going to survive the encounter. Fighting Hawk watched as the old man looked into Stalking Wolf's eyes as he twisted the blade. There was no surprise, or shock. The young man just snarled before he collapsed to the ground.

Thundering Buffalo called to Silent Wind. From how fast the young man entered the lodge he knew that he had to have been listening just outside the flaps. He smiled as he realized that some things never change, and probably never would.

Thundering Buffalo sat slowly as he spoke to the young man, "Take this out where the wolves can feed tonight. If he had anything of value, take it to his mother." The young man nodded reverently as he watched Thundering Buffalo wipe his knife, and put it away.

Thundering Buffalo and Fighting Hawk sat as Silent Wind wrestled the body out of the Spirit Lodge. Neither man spoke until the sounds of activity had died away. "I should have done that years ago, but I never knew how bad that he really was. I was an old man and I didn't think that I could still take a young warrior. If you hadn't helped me I would be dead now." Thundering Buffalo looked older and more tired than when they first entered the lodge.

Fighting Hawk smiled at the old man. "Tell me Thundering Buffalo, do you really believe in the spirits like you claim, or do you just talk about them to get power?"

Thundering Buffalo suddenly snapped his head up and his hot gaze burned into Fighting Hawk. "Not all Shaman are like Stalking Wolf. I believe in the spirits and the things that I told you about. I believe in the way of our ancestors. I would think that you would understand that."

Fighting Hawk smiled at him again, "Then why did you fear Stalking Wolf? It was just as you said, the spirits stopped him. They made sure that someone was here with you. If you trust the spirits, then you should understand that until it is your time, you will be safe. At least as long as you don't do something that even the spirits consider stupid. I don't think they will protect you if you stand in front of a thundering buffalo. I think that they might decide that if they have to choose between buffalos, they will choose the one that is the smartest."

Fighting Hawk watched as Thundering Buffalo slowly smiled. "You make an old Shaman feel ashamed. I should have trusted the spirits. I was afraid that I wouldn't have time to train another Shaman before my time had come. Now if anything happens to me, Silent Wind will have to be sent to one of the Shamans in another Cheyenne village."

Fighting Hawk smiled at the old man, "I think that if that happened, Silent Wind would still learn what he needed to. I think that the spirits will make sure that we have a good Shaman. You shouldn't worry about things that the spirits will see to."

Thundering Buffalo smiled back, "Now you see why you are the Spirit Walker. I now know why you never sought me out for advice; it was because I should have been seeking your advice." They both laughed at the terrible joke that life had played on both of them.

When Silent Wind entered the lodge he was quiet and gloomy. "Thundering Buffalo, now that Stalking Wolf is dead what is going to happen to me?"

Thundering Buffalo appeared to be in deep thought for a minute before he answered, "Well, it will just mean that you will have to work harder. I will expect you to pick up the slack that losing that snake caused. And I will expect you to be twice the Shaman that he would have been. I will not get a chance to train another Shaman, so you had better be a good one. People like the Spirit Walker will be depending on you, and I don't want to have to go to the spirit world thinking that I left a bad Shaman to help the Spirit Walker."

Fighting Hawk saw the determination on the young man's face as he listened and nodded his head. He knew that this would be a good Shaman for the Cheyenne people, with just a little pushing in the right direction.

Thundering Buffalo turned to look at Silent Wind, "I want you to gather much wood. Gather many berries and nuts, and prepare the Spirit Lodge." Fighting Hawk watched as Silent Wind began to smile. The longer he heard the list of things to gather, the bigger his smile got. Fighting Hawk was amused with the obvious excitement that the young man had for his work. He watched as Silent Wind suddenly shot out of the lodge, grinning like a hyena.

Thundering Buffalo turned to look at Fighting Hawk. "Well, we need to get you ready." Fighting Hawk wasn't too sure what he was supposed to get ready for, but suspected that it had something to do with why Silent Wind was so excited. He calmly looked at Thundering Buffalo and asked what exactly he was supposed to get ready for, and how was he supposed to do that?

Thundering Buffalo smiled that same smile that Fighting Hawk and seen on Silent Wind. "We have to get you ready for your spirit walk. The legend says that many things will be revealed to you on your journey." Fighting Hawk wasn't too sure that the things that would be revealed would be on a spirit journey, or the one that he was planning to take in the real world. But he didn't see that it would cause him any harm.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.