Bravo Force - Cover

Bravo Force

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 36: Attack

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 36: Attack - Prudence Whiteside is a brilliant manager. She's also a competent small force commander, a talent she denies. Terry Sideman runs a company that can use all her skills. The time: the mid-twenty-fifth century. A lot has changed but some things remain the same.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Slow  

The rehearsals began at first light. Pru and Maeve spent the usual fruitless hours talking to the General from the com booth. When they were done, they found Captain Jiang outside the field with Xing and the rest of her staff.

"How's it going?" Pru asked.

"Not bad, so far. We've got the portal operation down solid. We've decided not to use stun grenades because they'll trigger each other bumping together as they go down the chute — we're using a rotating stunner head on an extension from the lifter. Also means we can hit them with a harder stun."

"How about getting troops in?"

"We'll use lift harnesses. Trouble with that is, we can only insert one trooper at a time. The portal generator just won't open a big enough hole."

"If they're stunned, does it matter?"

"Well, we can't be sure everyone will be stunned. But if the trooper's good, he or she'll be all right."

"What about the deadman switch?"

"We'll just have to bite the bullet on that. We wait one minute after we set off the stun, then go in. If there's a deadman, the charge will likely go off within 60 seconds of the stun. That's an assumption, of course, but why would they set a delay?"

"To let Lao escape? And, whoever has it might just delay to kill the attackers."

Lia gave that some thought. "No. This guy's a fanatic. He's got nothing to lose."

"Not much to gain, either, I expect." Pru said. "That's one thing that bothers me. Lao has nothing to win unless he survives to see the reaction — the backlash — he wants to create. Anyone have any ideas?"

"Could he have a shelter in there that would protect him from the effects of an explosion?" Maeve asked.

"If he did, it would probably protect him from stun, as well," Pru observed. "Can we ask the Chief Engineer?"

The Chief stepped forward. "Such a shelter would also protect him from stun because the shelter would have to be very bulky, and it's unlikely they could even install one strong enough. Even if the explosion is only big enough to kill the people inside, the field would amplify the explosive effect significantly. If the blast were big enough to destroy the field generators, I doubt any shelter would be adequate."

"So, we rule out a shelter," Pru said.

"Probably," Lia replied.

"Well, I'll bet a pint of Guinness..." Maeve began. When the laughter ceased, she went on. "I'll bet he's got something figured out that will let him get away." She turned to Pru and Lia, "With respect, I recommend we surround the entire field before we go in with the stun. He may have a bolt-hole."

Lia nodded. "I agree, Sergeant Major. You, too, Xing?"

"Absolutely, sir."

"Lia," Pru asked, "what's doctrine for remote detonation of explosives?"

The Chief answered her. "The recommended method is to use com channel 1049 to send a signal to a detonator in the explosive mass."

"Can we jam that channel or render such a command ineffective?"

"Yes, m'am."

Pru looked around the staff group. "I'm betting Lao is going by the book. When we do the stun, can we also toss in a jammer for channel 1049?"

"Excellent idea. Excellent precaution," the Chief agreed.

"Then, let's do it. All right with you, Lia?"

"Pru, don't play games with me. You're in charge here, and that's fine with me."

"It's you and your good people who're making this work. Are you okay with this approach?"

"Yes, I am. And, thanks."

"Then let's do it. Suggestions on timing?"

Maeve spoke up. "I'd suggest we go in while Pru and I are talking to him this evening. That means he'll be at least somewhat distracted."

Everyone agreed. Pru said, "Damn. That means I can't watch."

"Well, neither can I, Pru, so deal with it," Maeve responded.


Pru made her report to Luther as soon as the conference was over. "Oh," she added, "there's something I need you to send me." They discussed the logistics of her request and Pru went on. "Please, Luther, if anyone has any good ideas, let me know."

"I'll pass the word, Pru. Captain Khan has been keeping track of this as well, and he's expressed his approval of everything so far."

"Well, if you get any bright ideas, let me know." Pru said, and signed off.

Maeve came into the com booth and they called Batur-Baltar-Lao. Pru began. "Good evening, this is Kanar. Peace be on you. Are all our hostages in good health?"

"They are in good health today, but your time is running out. They will die on the last day of the month."

"We have more than six days, Elik." Pru replied. "And we are negotiating with you in good faith. We have asked that you release the Muslim hostages. When will you do that?"

"Why should I release anyone when you have not met our demands?"

"You must make your demands specific enough for us to meet them, Elik. You have not defined who is Han and who is Uighur. We are willing to discuss your demands, but we must understand what they mean."

"If you do not understand, you are going to see the hostages die. It is up to you to meet my demands. I do not have to negotiate with you. There is no need to consider the noises that women make. You cannot negotiate with someone who will not hear you."

Pru hit the Mute switch and said to Maeve, "That's one of the longest statements he's made. We may be getting to him." She cancelled the muting and went on.

"Elik, it has long been understood in the New Hadith that women have the same standing as men. You will negotiate with us, and with no one else. We are the ones who will determine how to meet your demands."

The man snorted his refusal, and the discussion went on.


The SO force moved out to start its mission. Shortly after the guard had changed at the site, the watching scouts were directed to stun the guards and relieve them of any weapons. They also removed the guards' Faraday cages, giving access to their CIDs.

Meanwhile, the force had boarded transport lifters and settled in close to the target's camouflage field. Troops spread out along the perimeter, taking care to avoid the taser defenses and keep out of sight as much as possible.

Once the troops were in place, a small personnel lifter swept in over the center of the field and lowered the portal generator carefully toward the field's upper boundary. It touched the field and a portal, about 30 cm across, appeared. Immediately, a probe, tipped with a stunner head, dropped from the lifter's bay and passed through the opening. The jammer followed. The lifter hovered, moved slightly by the stiff breeze that swept the desert landscape, until after about a minute, the probe retracted, the portal widened and a trooper wearing a lift harness dropped like a stone through the portal. A moment later, another trooper followed, then another until a full squad had been inserted.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.