Bravo Force - Cover

Bravo Force

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 22: Mira

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 22: Mira - Prudence Whiteside is a brilliant manager. She's also a competent small force commander, a talent she denies. Terry Sideman runs a company that can use all her skills. The time: the mid-twenty-fifth century. A lot has changed but some things remain the same.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Slow  

Mira stopped at a tiny spring and washed her face. She filled her empty water bottle and drank from the other, partly full one. By the time she needed to use the bottle she had filled, the water would be sterile. Rising, she shifted her pack and strode off through the scrub, headed for a ridge of confused rocks not too far away. She had been marching since early morning when a high-lifter had set her down well away from the village that was her target.

Her long legs had made short work of the journey, and there was still plenty of daylight when, after some searching, she found a shelter under a rocky overhang. GPS told her she was about as close to the village as she dared set up camp. The village hunters ranged fairly widely, but surveillance had not seen them come this far.

There was another, somewhat larger spring not far from her shelter, and she went to it, washing her face and arms to remove the dust and sweat. There were scrub trees of a sort, nourished by the moisture of the spring, but from their stunted appearance, Mira assumed that the spring was only seasonal. Indeed, at this time of year, the spring was already little more than a trickle, and she scooped out a small basin that she hoped would fill to provide a more substantial supply.

She keyed her wristcom. "Alpha," she said quietly, "Bravo Two." Her throat band picked up her voice.

"Alpha here," replied Zahlman, his voice in her earbug.

"Do you have a fix on me?" Mira asked.

"Check, we have your signature, and a fix on your com. We've been following you all day with no problems."

"My camp is about 100 meters north north west. It's under a rock overhang."

"We figured that's what it was. We lost you for a couple of ticks, and then you headed for your present location."

"Good. Good that you can't see me when I'm there. This location is a spring I'll use for drinking water. I'm going to settle in, then scout the area until dark. I'll be heading for the village at first light. Any sign of life?"

"Not now. There were hunters out as close to you as about a klick until about an hour ago, but they've headed back. Looked like they got something, maybe a goat. Should be plenty to eat at the village tonight. You're about two klicks away and in an area we haven't seen them hunt yet. Keep an eye out for tracks."

"I'll check with you after dark. I might go have a look at the village, so keep an eye out for guards or wanderers. You'll see my signature. Bravo Two out."

Mira thought about it for a moment or two. The spring had filled the little basin she had made, and, with a shrug, she stripped off her boots, shirt, kilt and briefs and washed in the cool water. When she was done, she put her boots back on, picked up her clothes and walked back to her shelter, her tall, lean, olive-skinned body drying in the sun. She pulled her pack to her and dressed in a long, indigo robe she had brought with her — a tribal costume still known in northern Algeria. Under its concealing folds went her knife — hung at the back of her neck — and her military stunner.

She dug out field rations and ate a light supper as the sun set behind the hills, waiting until it was safely dark before slipping on her night goggles. She adjusted them to fit over her indigo head covering. The day's heat had vanished, and it was cool. In the dark, she was nearly invisible.

"Alpha, Bravo Two. I'm headed for the village. Out."

"Check," responded Isabella's voice in her earbug.


Not long after dawn, Mira was on her way again. She had watched from the shadows as the village feasted on a small gazelle, roasted in the square. She had seen the men demand that several of the women dance for them. She had listened to the rhythms of drums beaten by one group of women as four very skinny young women, their faces veiled for "modesty", danced half-naked for the men. One of them, at least, was taken off to a tent for the pleasure of her — master, lover or husband.

This morning, well rested, she moved through the morning dews to a thicket near the edge of a vegetable patch she had found during her nocturnal scouting. Her position was well hidden from the village and from most of the field. There were eggplants, squash, pulses and other vegetables growing well, and a good variety of herbs were planted along the edge of the field near where she sat, her legs crossed, a silent, deep blue statue, still as a rock. Surveillance indicated that only one or two people, probably women, tended this field. Mira waited.

It was not long before a man and two women appeared on the other side of the field. The women brought hoes and baskets with them; the man carried a slug-thrower. When the man left to return to the village, one woman made for the far end of the area and began cultivating the rows at that end. She did not appear to be particularly diligent, simply going through the motions.

The other woman was about 8 months pregnant. She began cultivating the squash plants not far from where Mira waited. Mira had made sure she could only be seen from a particular spot at the near edge of the field where the herb garden was. In time, the pregnant woman moved into her view, working to clear weeds and then to harvest some of the herbs and chili peppers that she stowed in a net bag. For some time she worked not noticing Mira. When she did, her eyes widened, but she kept right on with her work.

Looking at the ground, she said, in Arabic, "Who are you?"

Mira replied, in Berber. When the woman shook her head, still looking at her work, she repeated in Arabic, "Peace be on you. A friend."

"Peace be to you. It is not safe here," the farm woman murmured.

"I will be safe," Mira said. "Are you well, sister?"

"Mostly. Not so hungry today — we had good hunting yesterday, and a feast last night. But my back hurts and I worry for my child."

"It is your first?"

The woman shook her head again. "My second, but the birth of my first was very hard." She looked up at Mira briefly, seeing only Mira's dark eyes in the indigo headdress. "It was a boy and he died. My husband was very angry." She went on with her work.

"That is painful. He is with Al'lah, but it did not have to be so," Mira said quietly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.