Bravo Force - Cover

Bravo Force

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 16: Recon

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 16: Recon - Prudence Whiteside is a brilliant manager. She's also a competent small force commander, a talent she denies. Terry Sideman runs a company that can use all her skills. The time: the mid-twenty-fifth century. A lot has changed but some things remain the same.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Slow  

Pru called the team together. "We're going on a recon tonight. I don't want to wait another day. We don't know what's happening in Wadi Felucca, and we can't take chances if Zahlman's there. It's 1700 now. There's food and more water in the 'mobiles. Let's find a shady place for a short bivouac. Tank up your back packs and find a place to get some sleep. Zaratta, find a place for a latrine."

"You going to help with the slit trench?"

"We're not going to be here that long, Zar, and you know it. Or, would you just as soon pee in public?"

"We've all done it before. But, hang on. I'll be back in a flush."

They all settled down near a thicket of bushes a tree provided a canopy that would hide them. The 'mobiles were out of sight on the other side of the small valley. They talked, ate and lay down to rest first changing into fatigues against the coming desert chill and eventually tried to sleep as the dusk came on.

Before she rested, Pru called Solly. "What do you have on the Wadi?" she asked.

"Nothing new, really, Alpha. We're seeing a regular change of guard. They should change next at midnight local, though they're not precise. If you can get your people in place by then, you can get an idea of who's there. You don't plan to go in tonight, I hope?"

"No. We need to get the lay of the land. I'll contact you for an update when we're in position. Alpha out."


By 2200, everyone had had some rest; they were anxious to take the next step. The 'mobiles moved quietly on their fields, only occasionally spitting a loose stone out into the surroundings. Jazira drove the lead 'mobile, with Pru at the controls of the second. They talked quietly on their wristcoms.

"Bravo One, I want to ground the 'mobiles about 15 minutes' walk out. Do you know a place?"

"There's a good place, but it's a little further out — about 20 minutes."

"That"ll do. I"ll check where the perimeter guard is." She keyed her wrist com. "Solly. Alpha. Is there a perimeter guard on our approach route?"

Solly replied immediately. "I have a signature on your route about 300 meters out from the nearest building and about 500 meters ahead of you. He"s directly in your path."

"Check, Solly. We"re moving to a base location now. Alpha out."

Jazira confirmed that her planned base location would not be visible from the guard post. When they arrived, they all piled out of the 'mobiles and assembled closely around Pru.

Pru spoke quietly. "Night goggles, please." She knelt to draw in the sandy soil. "Here's what I have in mind. The Wadi is a narrow valley, with hills on either side. We're here, at the northern end. The village, what there is of it, is about a klick directly ahead. Right, Jazz?"

Jazira muttered an affirmative.

"There's a guard about 300 meters out from the village, and there is one guard on the ridges on each side. The one on the left is about even with the village. The other one, on the right, is a little further south, maybe 1500 meters from here.

"There are guards in the village, one outside the big building, and two outside the little one beside it — the one where we think Zahlman is.

"I want two of you to go up each ridge, locate the guard and report. Mira and I will locate the guard here and see what happens at midnight. I want you all to stay low and out of sight and observe what happens when the guard changes. It's 2315; you have 45 minutes to be in position. Keep in touch. Any questions?"

"Bravo One and I will go left," said Alia. That left Isabella and Zaratta on the right.

"Very well," said Pru. "Go."

The four women moved silently away. Only the night goggles revealed their positions, and they soon disappeared. Pru and Mira waited about ten minutes and began moving toward the village, widely separated and keeping to the low bushes that sparsely filled the wadi. In her goggles, Pru could see Mira moving silently and efficiently forward.

In about 15 minutes, Pru's goggles registered something. "Bravo Two, Alpha. Possible target. One hundred meters. Two o'clock relative."

"Check, Alpha." Mira's voice came back to Pru's earbug. "I have him. One hundred meters, 10 o'clock relative."

"Bravo Two, move up five oh meters and go to ground."

"Check. Two out."

Pru moved forward enough so that her night goggles gave a clear image of the guard. She lay down on her belly, her stunner in her hand. She checked to be sure the safety was on. "Bravo force, Alpha. Be sure your stunners are on safe."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.