Bravo Force - Cover

Bravo Force

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 5: Home Office

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5: Home Office - Prudence Whiteside is a brilliant manager. She's also a competent small force commander, a talent she denies. Terry Sideman runs a company that can use all her skills. The time: the mid-twenty-fifth century. A lot has changed but some things remain the same.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Slow  

A short time later the 'mobile approached a Controlled structure, drew up at a portal where the vehicle was admitted efficiently and the portal closed behind it.

A short distance inside, the 'mobile settled in front of an office building that looked rather more like a comfortable residence, with a patio and plenty of large windows. Its relaxed air transmitted itself to Pru, who began to get out then had to unfasten the unfamiliar seat belt then stepped out onto the grassy surface that seemed to characterize the entire area.

"Very nice, Terry, ' she said as they walked into the building. Inside, the relaxed feeling continued as she observed wide halls, high ceilings and comfortable appointments throughout.

"Well, Pru, you had the good luck to see the first incident in about four months. It really doesn't happen often. I've tried to make this compound a really pleasant place for our people to live and work. I think that's important.'

Terry showed her around the lower floor of the building, and then took her into a suite of rooms where a few men and women were working at coms. He led the way through to a large office.

"This is where I work, when I'm here. Please take a seat.' He gestured to a comfortable set of chairs and tables, and Pru settled into one of them. Terry stopped at a credenza, brought a tray of water and juice bottles to put on the coffee table and sat down opposite her. With a gesture, he offered drinks, but Pru declined with a small shake of the head.

"Terry, ' she said, "there's something I want to clear up right away. You've told me a little about Neo-Tantra, and I can see where you could, in theory, make a business of it. I accept — provisionally — your statement that it's a going concern. But, I have a feeling that Neo-Tantra isn't what you're really doing. There's no earthly reason for your head office to be out here in OC territory. There's no obvious reason for your 'mobile to be armored and your driver armed, even with a stunner. I think you need to talk straight with me, or take me back to Yonkers.'

Terry's face betrayed his surprise. He began to respond, then sat back in his chair, looking at Pru with a level, considering gaze. A little nonplussed, Pru busied herself pouring a glass of water she didn't really want and sipping at it. She watched when Terry lifted his hand in a gesture that said 'I've made up my mind; please wait', rose, and went behind his desk. He opened doors in the paneling that concealed a large com screen. He returned to his chair and took his remote from the holster at his side, and keyed a sequence. He looked back at Pru.

"Right. I'd planned to go into this much later this afternoon. However, you've seen it already; so, I owe you an honest answer.

"Neo-Tantra is a legitimate business. I can show you the numbers, and I can prove they're real. We do have offices in 15 countries; in most of them we have multiple offices. There is a real, high-level opportunity for someone with your abilities and experience.

"But, you are also right that Neo-Tantra isn't our only focus. It is, to some extent, a front for something else. We are also a contract agency of the Office of the Secretary General. Our 'consulting' work is gathering and evaluating intelligence from around the world.'

As he spoke, the com screen came to life with an image of the seal of the Office of the Secretary General. The United Nations, founded more than 300 years before, had given the Secretary General increasing powers to enforce UN decisions around the world. Once, that had been joint national peacekeeping operations against or within different contending countries. Now, OSG was an administration and enforcement agency in addition to supervising a variety of other activities the UN was charged with.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.