Lost & Found
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2007 by Douglas Fox

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Kyle Martin goes to PSU seeking football glory. Read about his successes, failures and excesses as he tries to find his place in the world

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Group Sex   Anal Sex   School  

Melissa and I walked hand in hand across campus from the fraternity to her dorm room. Since it was after midnight, she went inside and let me in the fire door at the side of the building. We hurried up the flight of steps to Melissa's room.

My beer soaked brain was on autopilot now. The steely little head in my pants was firmly in control. Melissa and I didn't waste any time when we got inside. Our sweatshirts were shed. Melissa pulled me to her bed. We sat together locked in an embrace on her bed, making out like only teens can. Our tongues tangled with each other, exploring each other's mouths.

Melissa pulled at my shirt tail to free it from my pants. I helped her pull it out. Melissa slipped her hands up along my bare back while we continued making out. My passion rose. I fumbled, trying to unbutton Melissa's blouse with one hand while I felt up her left breast with the other hand.

"Stop," Melissa said quietly. My heart sank. Melissa reached down and unbuttoned her blouse for me. She pulled it off. To my delight, she unhooked her bra and dropped it to the floor too. "This will be better."

I kissed her again. My hands went straight to her bare breasts. They were slightly bigger than I had expected. Melissa moaned and cooed into our locked together mouths while I stimulated her by caressing her breasts and teasing her nipples.

My conscious brain went along for the ride while my little head demanded Melissa and I keep going. I started kissing Melissa's neck and upper chest. She squirmed from the pleasure. I kissed my way down to her right breast. I kissed and licked it. Melissa held my head with her hands and pressed me against her breasts. I kissed and licked her right breast and then did her left one.

Melissa obviously enjoyed what I was doing. She moaned my name. Melissa ran her hands through my hair while I showed my appreciation for her gorgeous tits. My cock demanded that I try to include it in more of the action.

I slid one hand down Melissa's side while I suckled her breast. I rubbed her tummy causing her to giggle. I slowly slid my hand down over her panties and rubbed. I paused, waiting for her reaction. Melissa moaned, "Shit! Don't stop, Kyle." I rubbed a few times.

Melissa grabbed my hand. "We have too many clothes on, Kyle. Undress."

I stood up. Melissa went straight for the zipper of my pants. I pulled my shirt off while Melissa unzipped me. She pulled my pants down to my ankles but left my boxers up. I stepped out of my pants. I tentatively reached for her zipper, waiting for her reaction. Melissa nodded to me. I unzipped her pants and pulled them off. I started to climb back on her bed when Melissa pulled her panties down a little and lifted her backside up so I could remove them. I pulled her panties off and dropped them on the floor beside our other clothes.

Melissa trimmed her pubic hair. She was bare except for a small vertical patch of hair directly above her clitoris. Her labia were red, puffy and glistened in the light of her soft yellow desk lamp. They looked luscious.

I sat down on her bed again. Melissa laid back and pulled me down with her. We kissed for a minute or so. I went back to those lovely soft mammaries. I kissed one and teased the nipple of the other. Melissa moaned, "Jesus, Kyle. That's so good. Keep going!"

I slipped a hand down to her slit. Melissa was leaking lubrication profusely. I gently slipped a finger in her slit while I caressed her outer lips with my other fingers. Melissa moaned, "Yeah that's it, Kyle."

I concentrated on stimulating her pussy. I teased around her clit with one finger while I used another finger to probe her love hole. I slipped my finger into her. Melissa was fairly tight, but certainly not a virgin. Melissa moaned, "Ohhh ... Ohhh ... Yeah..."

I asked, "Have you ever done 69?"

"69?"

"I turn around," I explained. "You play with my cock and I play with your pussy,"

"I can do that," Melissa huffed.

I switched around so my mouth was at her pussy. I slid my finger in and out of her hole a few times before applying my tongue to her sex. I licked up and down along her outer lips for a minute.

I could feel Melissa reach into my boxers and extract my cock. I shuddered as she touched me there. It had been way, WAY too long since another person had touched me.

I pulled Melissa's outer lips apart and tongued her inner lips. She gently stroked my hard shaft. My balls pulled tight against my bottom too quickly. I ran my tongue up around her clit's hiding place. Melissa's mouth engulfed my mushroom shaped head.

I groaned, "oooooOOOHHhhhhh..." I fought the urge to cum – unsuccessfully. "I'MMmmmm cummmming..." I groaned. My cock blasted a big spurt as Melissa tried to spit out my cock. My cock continued spurting as Melissa stroked it slowly. My concentration was gone. I lay back and let my orgasm overtake me.

Melissa marveled, "That was a lot of cum, Kyle."

"I haven't had anyone touch me in months. I couldn't help it."

Melissa asked, "You can go again, right?"

"Sure. Give me a few minutes." I looked up. A strand of cum was dripping off Melissa's nose. More of it was running down her breasts onto her stomach. "Let me clean you up then I can give you some fun. I had a taste of your honey. I want some more."

Melissa handed me a wad of tissues. I wiped up the cum on her nose. I licked up some from her tits. I wiped the rest up. I tossed the tissues towards her waste basket. I kissed her again. I explained, "I'll do you now if you're ready." She returned the kiss.

I slid down her bed and got between legs. "Ready?" I teased. I dove in. I pulled her outer lips apart and went straight to licking her inner lips. Melissa cooed and squirmed as I licked. Her juices were flowing freely. I lapped them up and spread them around her clitoris. I used one finger to penetrate her hole. I gently finger fucked Melissa while I licked and teased around her clit.

Melissa's moans and sighs told me I was on the right track. I slipped a second finger into her with the first. Her clit was starting to poke out of its hiding place. I curled my fingers and probed deeper into Melissa's pussy. I licked around her clit. Melissa pressed my head against her pussy. My fingers found their target – the bundle of glands that formed her G-spot. I rubbed it. Melissa's engorged clit came out. I teased it a few seconds and then sucked it into my mouth.

Melissa bucked her hips up into my face. She pressed on the back of my head trying to increase the stimulation. I knew from her moans and squeals Melissa was nearly ready to come. I continued stimulating her. Melissa's breathing was ragged.

Melissa squealed, "Oh GOD, Kyle. Keep ... gasp ... DOING ... IT!" Two more licks right on the tip of her clit and another rub. Melissa fired off like a sky rocket. Her pussy clenched and squeezed my fingers. She shook from the intensity of her orgasm.

I was proud that I could get her off. Melissa moaned "Oh God ... Yes, Kyle!" I withdrew my fingers from her and watched her. Melissa's cries and squeals felt ... felt really familiar.

Melissa demanded, "Fuck me, Kyle. I need you!"

I realized why her cries were familiar. I recoiled as I realized Melissa sounded just like ... like Penny in the throes of orgasm.

PENNY!

What was I doing here? My hard cock screamed in my head, 'Fuck the girl! She wants it!' My consciousness regained enough control to allow me to realize what I was doing. I was cheating on the girl I professed to love. What in the hell was I thinking?

I backed away and climbed off the bed. "Kyle?" Melissa asked.

"I'm ... I'm sorry." I backed away little more. "I shouldn't be here." I picked up my pants and started to put them on.

"Kyle, don't leave now. I want you to fill me with that nice big cock of yours," Melissa begged.

"I'm SO sorry. I can't do this," I pleaded. "It's wrong." I zipped up my pants and put on my shirt.

"I need a good fucking," Melissa pleaded. "Please finish."

"I can't," I said quietly. "I just can't." Melissa stopped begging me to stay. She stared at me in shock as I grabbed my shoes and sweatshirt and retreated from her room. I finished dressing in the hallway. I beat a hasty retreat back to my dorm room.

I stripped and climbed in bed. My cock was still erect. It knew it should have been buried to the hilt in some sweet pussy tonight. Little would satisfy it except that. I beat off, heedless of noise. I needed to blow another load before I could get some sleep. It took a long time for my hand to stimulate me enough to coax a load of semen from my balls.

GOD DAMN IT! Why? Why did I go back to Melissa's room? I cursed myself for the fiftieth time. I swore I was in love with Penny Edwards. How dare I go back to another girl's room?

I was drunk. Should I be held responsible for what I did when I wasn't in my right mind? I kept going over the hideous conclusion to what had been a nice evening with a friend. What would I say to Penny Sunday evening when she called? How did I get myself into this dilemma? I eventually fell into an uneasy sleep.


Christian was gone when I got up. My normal hangover remedy was somewhat effective. My head wasn't pounding too badly when I returned from the showers. I found a note on my desk. It said: 'Put your laundry out for me this afternoon. It seems I will be doing it for you for a couple weeks. Christian'

I fired up my laptop. I found an e-mail from my brother Andy. It seems that our Wolverines had blown out Central last night 35-17. Andy had the best night of his career. He had caught three touchdowns and run for another on a reverse. Jake played superbly as usual. I was proud of my friends and former teammates. They really paid attention when Ed, Jeremy and I taught them in the spring.

I grabbed some breakfast and came back to my room. I pretended to study my playbook. I couldn't concentrate. My mind kept coming back to last night when I was with Melissa in her room. I was wracked with guilt. How could I cheat on Penny?

Christian came back later in the morning to do our laundry. He wasn't in a good mood. "Do you know what time you came in last night?"

"Not exactly. When?"

"Almost 1:30 in the morning. Your self abuse last night woke me up. I suppose you were drunk again." Christian always got upset when he caught me jerking off.

I explained, "I had a few drinks, but I wasn't really drunk." I didn't plan to, but I felt compelled to confess my indiscretion to Christian. "It's much worse than that."

"Worse?"

"A girl asked me to go back to her room last night." I hung my head.

"Her room? To ... to fornicate?" Christian was clearly shocked.

"She wanted to," I admitted.

"Did you ... uh ... have sex?"

I answered, "No. Well ... yes ... um, it depends on what you call sex." Christian blushed.

"You know ... you put your ... your ... uh..." Christian stammered.

"Cock in her pussy?" I asked. Christian nodded. "No. I didn't. What I did was bad enough."

Christian asked, "If you didn't lay with her, how bad could things be?"

"She gave me a blow job. I ate out her pussy."

Christian stared at me in disbelief. "You really did that? What about Penny?"

"I don't know what I'm going to do about Penny," I answered.

Christian shook his head at me sadly. He gathered up our laundry and headed downstairs to the washing machines.

I tried to rationalize that I hadn't cheated on Penny. I stopped before I had sex. I couldn't convince myself of it. Could I ever admit what I had done when I talked with Penny? I had no idea.

I tried to lose myself in working out and running. It helped – a little. I spent the rest of the weekend thinking about what I had done. I couldn't shake the feeling that I had failed. I failed Penny. I failed to live up to my ideals. I felt worthless.

I tried to call Melissa later on Saturday to apologize to her. She wasn't in. I pretended to be out on Sunday night when Penny called. I couldn't face talking to her. I'd either try to lie and pretend everything was fine. It wasn't. The other possibility was that I would admit to my mistake. I knew I would break Penny's heart that way. I couldn't bear to do that.


Monday morning Dr. Gowaravam said we would get our mid-term exams back on Thursday at our study sessions with our grad students. I wasn't looking forward to that. I didn't expect to get my usual A or B on the test.

Melissa sat at the opposite end of the big lecture hall for Math 110. I finally got to talk to Melissa after class was over. I said, "I'm sorry about Friday night. I tried to call you on Saturday to say I'm sorry."

"Why did you run off?" Melissa asked.

"I shouldn't have gone back to your room with you. I have a girlfriend at Penn. I was a little drunk and got carried away. You're really gorgeous and ... well, you know."

"You have a girlfriend?!?!? Don't you think you should have told me that earlier?" Melissa demanded.

"I should have. I'm sorry, I hope you can accept my apology."

"Apology accepted," Melissa said curtly. She turned and left me standing there in the hallway. I knew that didn't go well. I hoped I could still keep Melissa as a friend. I wasn't too sure that was going to happen.


The coaches went over our game plan for Iowa on Saturday. We were favored by 7 points over Iowa. They were not ranked in the national polls.

I was still in the doghouse on the football team. I didn't get any new plays to run with the first string. Christian and Tanner both worked with them. Grad assistant Ryan Reynolds continued working with me to make sure I knew the plays I was expected to run in the future. All my practice time was with the third string.

I received this e-mail from Penny on Monday night. It broke my heart.

Date: October 18th 20:12:57
From: pedwards312@upenn-edu
To: fastwr87@redroses-net
Subject: Where are you?

I missed talking with you tonight. I needed you. This has been the worst weekend of my life.

The Goth, aka my roommate Nicole, decided to throw a party with her friends last night. Basically she kicked me out of my own room to do it. She arranged for me to sleep down the hall with one of the other girls on our floor. Can you believe the nerve of her?

God knows what kind of drugs and perverted things she was doing in here – Maybe even on my bed! I can't stand to think about it. I have all the windows open and it's 48 degrees outside. I can't get the stench of the pot out of this room.

I don't know how much longer I can put up with this witch. I wish you were here to help me deal with this mess.

Kathy is at Notre Dame with Jeremy. They're happy. Tammy is with Hal at Rutgers. They're happy too. Why couldn't you have attended Penn with me? Our football team is 5-2 just like yours.

I need someone to hold me and tell me that everything is going to work out. I miss you desperately. I'm at my wit's end.

I NEED YOU! Penny


I had no answer for Penny. Anyway, what possible good could an unfaithful idiot like me be for Penny? I grabbed my MP3 player and lay down to listen to music and think. I didn't have any solutions by bedtime.

I finally had a brainstorm on Tuesday afternoon in the middle of practice. I was supposed to be fielding a punt when it hit – the idea, not the ball. I missed the ball, but that's another story. Shawn Byrd was blocking the gunner when I realized – Shawn's friend David Hanson knew Penny. I should get David to provide Penny the comfort and sounding board she needed to help her with her problems. I knew David enough to know he was a good guy. I thought he'd be willing to help her out. I got David's e-mail address after practice. I sent off an e-mail explaining my dilemma and asking for his help. I also sent one to my brother Will. Maybe they could help Penny in the way I couldn't.

I still had my own moral dilemma. Should I tell Penny about my unfaithfulness? Was I capable of fulfilling my duties in a long distance relationship? I wasn't sure. Had I wrecked the best relationship I had ever had? Penny broke up with me the first time because she thought I had kissed another girl. How would she react if she found out Melissa gave me a blow job and I ate out her pussy?

Penny sounded better in Wednesday's e-mail. She said she had a long talk with David Hanson. It helped to have someone to talk with about her problems. She also told me that Will and Abby had invited her over for dinner on Thursday. I kept my reply e-mails brief. I didn't know what I was going to say or do. Penny deserved a better boyfriend than me.

I wasn't looking forward to Math class on Thursday. Bai Huo Wen was going to return our mid-terms and go over them with us that morning. I knew I hadn't gotten my usual A or B on the test. I raised my hand with more than a little trepidation when Bai announced "Mittah Mah-tin." He handed me the test.

I stared at the grade in disbelief. I had gotten a 48! 48 percent! I had flunked. I was numb. I had never flunked a test in my life! Bai babbled on in his pigden English the rest of the period, talking about the problems on the test. I didn't hear him. I wandered back to Pollock Dorms and had lunch.

How had all these problems happened? My math problem was heaped on top of my roommate problem. I had the football problem – I'd been demoted for poor performance. There was the girlfriend problem – Penny needed someone with her to help her through the rough times. I couldn't help her from 200 miles away. Worst was the infidelity problem. I'd cheated on the girl I said I loved.

I felt like the weight of the world was crushing me. I went over to the Lasch Building to do my daily workout. I wished I was back home where Mom and Dad could help me sort out the mess I'd made of my life.

I went through the motions at football practice. I didn't screw up anything, so I guess you could call it progress. I went for a long walk after dinner to try to sort things out.

Something in me reasserted itself. It wasn't my confidence – that was shattered. It was more like determination. I was eighteen. I couldn't run home to Mom and Dad. I needed to act like the adult I was supposed to be. I needed to tackle my problems. I tried to prioritize them as I walked.

My roommate problem – it wasn't that bad. Christian and I managed to stay friends mostly even though we annoyed each other. This one was low priority. It could wait until I figured out the other problems.

My football problem – I already was dealing with it. Keep studying the playbook. Ryan Reynold's help was paying off for me. I understood the plays much better with his tutelage. I thought my speed and talent would bring me back the playing time I wanted when the coaches realized I had learned what I needed to know.

That brought me to my girlfriend problems. These seemed to be the worst of my problems. Penny needed someone there to help her through her problems. I wasn't that guy. I briefly thought about transferring to Penn. Then I remembered – I'm flunking at Penn State. Academically elite Penn wouldn't want any part of me.

Anyway what good could a cheater like me do for Penny? She'd be better off on her own. If I wasn't in the picture with her, Penny could find someone better than a loser like me. Penny was great looking, smart, and funny. She'd have her pick of guys if I wasn't around. Hell, David Hanson already wanted to date her. She'd be much better off if I wasn't her boyfriend.

What should I do about my cheating? I tried to think about how a scout should act. Trustworthy – well too late for that one. Loyal – too late to. I went through the points of the Scout Law. I hadn't done well living up to my ideals. Most off all I needed to be honest. I owed that to Penny. I knew what I needed to do by the time I got back to my dorm room. I needed to confess what I had done and let Penny find a decent boyfriend who could take care of her.

Christian was out when I got back. Presumably he was with Bev again tonight. I sat down at my desk to compose an e-mail to Penny. I went through a lot of drafts before I settled on this:


Date: October 22nd 20:02:32
To: pedwards312@upenn-edu
From: fastwr87@redroses-net
Subject: Us

I'm glad talking with David Hanson helped. I wish I was there to help you too. I hope you enjoyed dinner with Abby and Will.

I desperately wish I didn't have to tell you what I'm going to tell you.

I went to a frat party last Friday night. I got drunk there. A girl I know from class asked me back to her room. I'll spare you the ugly details. You can figure them out.

I am so sorry I cheated on you. I wish I could take everything back. I can't. I know how you feel about infidelity.

I understand that you'll hate me for this. I hate myself for it too.

You will be better off without me. You can find a boyfriend that can take care of you properly. I guess I was fooling myself to think that we could stay a couple when we were separated by 200 miles for four years.

I'll always love you even if we aren't together. Kyle


I stared at the computer screen for awhile. This was the honorable, well the least dishonorable thing to do. It killed me to do it, but I pressed the send button. I lay down on my bed, clamped my headphones over my ears and cranked up my music. I hoped it would help cover the hurt. It didn't.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm. I hadn't set it. I realized I was still dressed. Someone, apparently Christian, had taken my shoes off and covered me with a blanket. I headed across the hallway to shower, shave and brush my teeth. I managed to get through the classes, but just barely. Melissa kept her distance from me, sitting at the opposite end of the room. I didn't blame her. I tried to take good notes. I needed to fix my problems in Math class too. Kelly managed to coax a smile from me in history class. EDPSY and Poly Sci went well.

I found a note taped to my locker when I got to the locker room to get ready for practice. It said Coach Paterno wanted to see me at 2:45 on Monday. At first that confused me but then I remembered. Coach Paterno was monitoring academics for us. This was going to be about my grades – certainly.

I managed to put my distractions and hurt aside for practice. I thought I had as a good a practice as I had since I got to Penn State. At least on the football field I wasn't a total screw-up.

Christian and I finally got to talk over dinner. Christian asked, "Did you have a bad night last night?"

"Yeah, thanks for covering me up."

"No problem. What was up?"

"I told Penny what happened last weekend. I had to be honest with her."

"Oh. That must have been hard," Christian said. "Are you and Penny through?"

"Yes." I managed to hold back tears. "We're through. Penny wouldn't stand for unfaithfulness."

"I'm sorry, man. That's rough."

"Thanks," I answered.

I spent the remainder of my evening after the team meeting studying film of Iowa. I hoped it would distract me from my misery. It only helped a little. I had this overwhelming feeling that I was a failure – at school, at football, and as a man.

I slept a little better on Friday night. Letting go of Penny hurt. It hurt terribly. I still had to live my life. My team was depending on me to return punts and kicks. I'd better do a good job at that or I'd lose that job too.

I threw myself into preparations for the football game when I got up on Saturday morning. I was glad it was a noon game. I didn't have as much time to think about all my problems.

When I went out for warm-ups I found Bev, Cindy, Kelly and Jen had their banner prominently displayed on the railing in the student section of the stadium. I stopped by to talk with the girls when I was done. Their cheeriness helped me settle myself.

Iowa won the coin toss and had first possession in the game. Our defense yielded one first down before stopping the Hawkeyes. They punted the ball towards the sideline, away from my position in the center of the field. I managed to get over to catch it, but didn't get a return on it. Zack and the offense proceeded to drive straight down the field and score a touchdown. Iowa contested the whole way, but were overpowered.

This was the story of the afternoon. Iowa was always coming from behind – a half step slow, a yard short. They battled us the whole 60 minutes but ended up losing 31-20. They never gave me a good ball to return on kick offs or returns. I ended up with 5 kickoff returns for 128 yards. I had 3 punt returns for another 32 yards. Tanner Riggs and Christian Hunsecker each got three plays on the field. Christian caught two passes for 19 yards. Tanner caught a long one – 27 yards.

The victory was workmanlike. We didn't celebrate a lot. We headed back to the locker room to shower and change.

I hung around after I showered so I could talk with Zack Hayes. I had to wait almost half an hour while Zack talked with the press. Zack's cell phone rang just as the last reporter was leaving. He answered it. "Hello?"

Zack's face brightened. "Will! It's good to hear from you. What's up?"

"Kyle? Yeah, I know where he is. He's right here beside me." Zack listened for a few minutes. His smile slowly disappeared as he talked with my brother. Zack concluded the conversation with this. "Yeah, I'll give Kyle the message. I'll make sure he calls you back this afternoon. See you later, Will."

Zack turned to me and asked, "What the hell were you thinking? Why would you break up with Penny?"

I blurted out, "I cheated on her last weekend." I struggled to control my emotions. I was nearly ready to cry. It hurt so much. I took a couple deep breaths. "I don't know ... I don't know if I can handle all of this. You know football, college, everything..."

"You and I need to have a talk, Kyle. Call Will when you get back to your room. He needs to hear from you. He's been leaving you messages to call since last night. Come over to my apartment when the two of you are done talking. We'll go down town for dinner."

"I don't know ... if I want to talk with Will. I knew he called. He just wants to yell at me about cheating on Penny," I whined.

"Call you brother! He wants to help. He said something about owing you for helping when he broke up with Abby. I didn't know he ever broke up with Abby."

"It was when they were freshmen," I explained.

"Call Will. All he wants to do is help you. Can you do that?" Zack asked.

I agreed. Christian and Bev had gone out so I had my dorm room to myself. I finally forced myself to dial Will's number after a couple false starts. I knew this wasn't going to be a fun conversation.

When the phone stopped ringing I heard my brother's voice. "Hello?"

"Will, it's Kyle."

"Jesus! It's about time you called. I've been trying to reach you since last night." Will's voice was rising. "What in the HELL were you thinking?" I overheard Abby in the background say "Will, calm down."

Will's voice dropped back to a more conversational tone. "What were you thinking, Kyle? Abby and I spent all of last night trying to console Penny."

"I ... I cheated on her last weekend. What else could I do?"

"You could have called and talked with her. You remember four years ago when you helped me work things out with Abby. Couples who care about each other talk things out. I came around and forgave Abby. Why didn't you give Penny that chance?"

"It's better this way, Will. I know Penny won't stand for infidelity. Anyway, we're both miserable the way things are. Penny needs someone to help her with her problems. I can't do that from here. She's better off without a screw-up like me."

"What? Why would you say that about yourself?" Will demanded.

The whole story spilled out – about how I ended up in bed with Melissa, how I messed up in the game against Ohio State, how I got demoted on the team, how Christian and I were relating and how I screwed up the Calculus mid-term.

Will asked, "That's it? What's the big deal? You act like you forget about me screwing up in Calculus when I started college. I thought I had to break up with Abby when she got drunk and did the same thing as you. I remember this kid who wouldn't take no for an answer. He lined up my friends to talk some sense into me. Do you remember?"

"Yes." I did remember getting Justin Baer and Jon Miller to come over four years ago to force Will to talk to Abby after their break-up.

"You need to follow your own advice, Kyle. You need to talk this over with Penny. You owe her that."

I hesitated for a couple seconds before I replied. "I'd be willing to talk with her, Will. I doubt she'll agree."

"Let Abby and me worry about convincing Penny. I'll let you know when we get her to agree to talk with you. What are you going to do about your other problems? Can you get a tutor to help you with Calculus?"

"Maybe. Coach Paterno is meeting with me on Monday. I think we're going to talk about my grades."

"Good. I'm sure he can line up help for you. How about you and Christian, can the two of you work things out?"

"I don't know," I answered. "We're a lot different than I thought when we agreed to room together. Christian's a morning person. You know how I am in the morning." I proceeded to explain about Christian's neatness fetish, holier than thou attitude and prudishness.

Will listened as I explained this problem. Finally he said, "It doesn't sound like that big a problem. Can't you two get along?"

"We probably can manage. We just get on each other's nerves sometimes."

"I am going to help Penny get a new roommate. Can you do that at Penn State?"

I considered it for a moment. "I don't know. I hadn't thought about that. I guess I can find out."

Will said, "Good, you do that Kyle." After a pause he added, "You have ideas for fixing your Calculus problem and your roommate problem. I'll talk to Penny and see if I can help you with that problem. The only thing I can't help you with is football. Talk to Zack. I'm sure he'll help you work things out."

Will's advice did make sense. I felt a little better than earlier. "OK. I'll talk to Zack. We're going down town for dinner tonight."

"Are you? That's good. It'll be the perfect time to talk with him. I know Zack will help you."

"Thanks for talking with me, Will." I said. "It's helping."

"Good. Don't let your problems pile up like this, Kyle. You have plenty of people around you who can help. Make use of them. Learn from this and from my mistake four years ago."

"OK, I'll try. Thanks for talking with me. Bye, Will."

"Bye, Kyle," Will answered. I hung up the phone. I got ready for dinner quickly. The phone call with Will had taken longer than I had expected. I was supposed to meet Zack soon. I hurried across the commons and up the street to Zack's apartment.

Zack and I headed downtown immediately. Neither of us was interested in a big meal. We settled on the Penn State Sub Shop on Beaver Avenue. Our game had been a sell out so the streets were crowded with Penn State fans finding dinner the same way we were. Zack was recognized a few times as we walked to the restaurant. Every fan complimented him on his good game. No one recognized me that evening.

We picked up our subs and headed for a quiet table in the back. Zack said as we started to eat, "So you and Penny broke up?"

"Yeah," I acknowledged.

"The two of you did better at staying a couple than I was ever able to do with any of my girlfriends. You can't expect every teenage romance to be like your brother and his wife. They aren't normal."

"I know," I acknowledged.

"How are things going otherwise?" Zack asked.

I proceeded to tell my tale of woe – trouble rooming with Christian, flunking the mid-term in Math 110...

Zack asked, "Math 110? Man, I hated that course."

"You had it?"

"Of course. I'm studying to be a teacher too, albeit a phys ed teacher through the College of Health and Human Development instead of the College of Education like you. We all have to have six credits of 'quantification.' I took the same math courses in high school as you. Math 110 was what was next for me when I started college. I remember I had this horrible Chinese guy who barely spoke English for my study sessions. He was..."

"Bai Huo Wen?" I asked.

"Bai? Oh God! Yeah, that was his name."

"I have Bai too. How did you get through the course? I can't understand a word he says."

"Get yourself over to the academic center at the Lasch Building. They can get you a tutor," Zack directed. "They saved my butt in that course. What else is troubling you?"

"Umm ... I guess the other thing is getting demoted on the football team." I answered.

"Demoted?" Zack asked. "What are you talking about?"

"You know. I was getting a few plays with the first string every week earlier in the season. I got a dozen plays with you against Ohio State. I haven't played a single down with you since I screwed up on those two plays that game. I guess that's why I was demoted."

"You weren't demoted Kyle. We try to work all the freshmen onto the field so we can get a look at them. You're sitting now because we need to get Riggs and Hunsecker on the field so we can see what they can do. We know what we have with you."

"What do you have with me?"

"We have an explosive receiver. Right now we don't know if you're going to explode and hurt our opponents or if you are going to blow up in our faces and hurt us."

I asked, "How do you see Tanner and Christian?"

"They don't have your speed. They're going to have to be possession receivers. They can't blow past people on the field the way you can. They have a lot of work to do too. They're screwing up on the field as much as you did. They don't know the offense very well either."

"What do I need to do to get more playing time?" I asked.

"You need to learn the plays."

"I'm working on that," I said.

"I know. Ryan Reynolds says you are doing well with the plays. He thinks you're almost safe to put back on the field."

"Do you think it will be soon?"

"It's not my call," Zack said. "I'd guess you'll see more playing time in the next game or two."

Our conversation turned back to our high school team. We reminisced about our season together in high school. Zack asked, "What did you think about the score from the Wolverines' game last night?"

"I've been a little preoccupied the last couple days. How did they do?"

"You didn't know? They whipped Norlebco for the most lopsided win our high school ever had. They won 63-0!" Zack's smile disappeared for a second. "I wish I could say it was the most lopsided score ever but it isn't." Zack recovered his smile. "That QB of ours is really shining. What's his name?"

"Jake Kring," I said. "You'll see him in a few weeks when he visits."

"That's right. He's visiting the weekend we play Purdue," Zack said. "You know he is putting up better stats than Ed Fritz did? I get the same feeling about this team as I did when you guys won the state championship two years ago. I think this team has that kind of potential."

"Really? I'd love to see that." I was curious about how Zack got information so quickly about our high school team. I knew he didn't know anyone on the team except my brother Andy. "How'd you hear about the game?"

"Second hand. I heard about it through Justin Baer."

"I didn't know you knew Justin."

"He played with my brother, Sam. I remember him from football practices in the summer from before eighth grade. He was our big weapon at tailback that season. He had a hell of a year – his best season and his last one. It's hard to believe he's coaching football already."

"Justin's good at that too. He's the one who taught me to follow my blocks. His coaching helped me get a couple of my touchdowns this season." I explained. "I never heard about us losing 65-0 to Central. When did that happen?"

"Ten years ago. I watched the game with my brother, Justin and his friends. They were playing JV that year. I was in sixth grade. Central embarrassed us. That game ended up being pivotal to our team's resurrection. Sam, Justin and their friends declared that wasn't going to happen anymore. They promised each other that things would change when they made varsity. Coach Blanchette got fired after the game."

"Mr. Blanchette used to coach football?" I knew him as an accounting teacher at our high school.

"Yep. The school hired Coach Caffrey the next summer. It was the beginning of our football turn around. Sam, Justin, Bill Groff and their friends made our team respectable the next season. It took a few more years but we made ourselves one of the dominant teams in the league eventually. You know about that part. You were there."

I replied, "That's cool. I didn't know all of that about our high school."

Two fans spotted us sitting in the back. They called out, "Good game Zack. Keep it up." Zack waved. The other guy called out "Martin, how about another return for a touchdown. We could use it."

I waved to him and said, "I'll do my best." The fans moved on. It was the third time we were interrupted since we got to the sub shop.

Zack continued, "It matters to us today too. Would you or I be here if Coach Blanchette had continued with the team? Would we have gotten a free ride to college?"

"No. I know I wouldn't have played football without you and Coach Caffrey recruiting me."

Zack said, "I'd have played football. I might have managed to win a game or two but not much more. No college would have recruited me. That loss changed our futures. It shows what hard work and determination can do for you."

"I suppose there's a lesson in there for me."

"Exactly. You lost your girl. Mourn your loss tonight. Move on tomorrow. Hard work and dedication can take you far. You can turn around these problems and use this opportunity you've been given," Zack recommended.

"I guess," I acknowledged. That talk helped some but I still knew I would miss Penny terribly.

"Come on over to my place and help me set up for tonight's party," Zack suggested.

I did just that. I knew Zack was doing the same thing for me that we did in scouts for the homesick first year scouts. Keep them busy so they didn't dwell on home. That was OK. It worked mostly.

I'd already had a couple beers by the time the first guests arrived around 8:00 pm. The beers helped numb my pain a little. I hung out with Jay, Anders and Shawn O'Conner for awhile until they struck out for female companionship for the evening.

Someone made some margaritas. I decided to give them a try. They tasted pretty good. I was on my second one when I ran into Johara Safay. Johara gave me her usual tight hug and kiss full on the lips. She purred, "Are you and that girlfriend of yours still together?" She rubbed herself on my crotch to make her intentions blatantly obvious. My cock sprang erect instantly.

"Not anymore," I responded. "We broke up on Thursday."

"Ooooohhh..." Johara purred. "Would you like to go back to my apartment? We could have a lot of fun tonight."

"Some Saturday night, but not tonight. It's too soon for me."

Johara pointedly rubbed her hand up and down on the lump in my pants. I nearly creamed myself. "Keep me in mind. I'd really like to get together with you again. I promise you won't forget a night with me." She gave me another kiss full on the lips. She drilled her tongue into my mouth. Her tongue tangled with mine for a few seconds before it withdrew.

"Anytime you want, honey," Johara said before she pulled away from me. "You just let me know."

"I'll keep it in mind," I said. I headed back to the kitchen for another drink. I most definitely didn't need to further complicate Will's efforts to get Penny and me back together. My cock was going to stay in my pants for little while longer. I found a seat on Zack's couch and watched my friends and teammates enjoy their evening.

Jay hit on Rachel again. They disappeared a half hour later. My friend was having a lot of success with women lately. Anders hooked up with a girl I didn't know. They ended up using Evan's bedroom for an hour. Even Shawn, who normally wasn't forward with women, found a girl that evening. The two of them made out for half an hour before they disappeared to find more privacy.

I envied them. The hard lump in my pants desperately wanted to be buried to the hilt in some nice warm pussy. I drank some more to make that treacherous organ that caused all this trouble behave itself. I brooded and watched the party as the evening went on. I nodded off on Zack's couch later in the evening.


I woke up but kept my eyes closed. The room seemed to be spinning. Eventually I cracked an eye open. The light in the room was too bright. I blinked a couple times and then shut me eyes again to keep the light out. I was lying down somewhere. My head was throbbing. I rolled over on my side.

Someone said, "You're awake."

My confused brain tried to sort out the owner of the voice. "Kyle? Are you all right?" I finally realized it was Christian.

"Why're ya at Zack's ... uh party?" I groaned.

A loud grating electronic sound pierced my ears before Christian could answer. It sounded like someone was scraping their fingernails across a chalk board. The racket stopped when Christian yelled, "Hello?" Apparently it was Christian's cell phone.

"Yes, he's starting to wake up," Christian yelled. His voice sounded like he was hitting 90 decibels.

After a pause Christian said, "Yes. He threw up another time after you brought him back."

"No. It's all right. I don't mind."

"Yes. I'll look after him."

"See you later, Zack."

Christian mercifully stopped shouting. He asked, "How do you feel, Kyle?"

"Awful," was my one word answer.

"Zack and Aaron brought you home from their party last night," Christian said in a quieter tone. "You drank so much you passed out on their couch."

"Oh." I cracked one eye open again. I let it adjust to the bright lights in our room. I slowly opened my other eye when I was used to the light. I glanced over at my clock on the bolster beside my bed. It was 11:30. I asked, "Shouldn't you be at church now Christian?"

"I couldn't leave you here alone. I was afraid you'd throw up again and choke. I couldn't take a chance on that."

"Did I throw up last night?"

"Yes, once in Zack's car when they brought you back from his apartment," Christian explained. "The second time was later in the night after we tried to get you to bed."

"I'm sorry I've been so much trouble."

"You scared the heck out of us last night, Kyle. Drinking isn't going to help your problem with Penny."

"I know you're right," I said. "I don't know why I did it last night."

"Do you need anything, Kyle?"

"A glass of water and some aspirin would help I think," I said. Christian returned in a minute. I tried to sit up. My head spun. I thought I would throw up again. I lay my head down and the feeling passed. I slowly eased myself up until I was sitting. I took the aspirin from Christian and washed them down with water.

Christian asked, "Are you going to stay up, Kyle?"

"I think so. A hot shower usually helps me when I have a little too much to drink. I'm going to try that."

"Good for you. I'm going to meet Bev after church. We're going to lunch together. Do you want to join us?"

"Lunch?" My stomach churned. "No, I don't think so. I don't know if I'd hold it down."

"Zack said you should have something," Christian said. "Maybe some crackers and ginger ale. It's supposed to help settle an upset stomach."

"I don't know."

"I'll bring it back from lunch. You can have it if you feel up to it."

"Thanks, Christian," I replied. "Thanks for everything last night." Christian headed out. I sat on my bed for a few minutes while I got accustomed to being vertical again. I carefully made my way to the bathroom and took a long hot shower. I propped myself up on my bed after my shower and read my book on the Battle of Chickamauga. I wanted to let my poor body recover from the previous night's abuse.

Christian and Bev stopped by after they had lunch. Christian brought some packs of saltines and a can of ginger ale back for me. They headed out for the afternoon. I drank the ginger ale and skipped the crackers. I felt a little better. The dining hall was still open, so I went for a little lunch.

I checked my e-mails after lunch. I hoped I would get something from Will telling me Penny was willing to talk to me. I still hoped that we could try to patch things up. All I found was an e-mail from Andy describing the team's victory over Norlebco on Friday night. I spent the rest of the afternoon resting in my room.

Zack Hayes sought me out when I went to the Training Table for dinner. He joined me at the table I was sharing with Damian, Shawn Byrd, and Anders. Zack got settled before he asked, "How are you feeling, Kyle?"

"Not too bad. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused when I got dru...

"SSSHHHH!!!! You and I are going to have a talk after dinner. This isn't the place for this conversation." Zack nodded towards the head table where the coaches were eating. Zack didn't have much to say as we ate our meal.

Zack led me on a walk after dinner. We headed north on Bigler Road, putting some distance between us and any coaches who might be heading for Lasch after dinner.

When we reached a comfortable distance, Zack said, "We need to talk about last night Kyle."

"I know. I'm sorry I put you to so much trouble last night. I guess all the shit in my life caught up with me. Do you want me to clean the vomit out of your car? Christian tells me I got sick on the way home."

"I've done that already," Zack said. We stopped and he stared me in the eye. "You need to cool it with the drinking, Kyle. Last night was over the top."

"I know, Zack," I promised. "It won't happen again."

"It can't. Do you have any idea of the stink that would end up in the newspapers if campus security had found Aaron and me carrying you from our apartment to my car or from my car to your dorm?"

"It would be bad."

"That's an understatement. You put everyone at my party in jeopardy last night. I know it sucks to lose your girlfriend. It isn't easy to adjust to college. You have to do better. None of us on the team want to risk our scholarships for somebody who acted like you did."

"I'm sorry. I'll do better."

"You have to, Kyle," Zack insisted. "God knows I enjoy a drink. You know that. You have to exercise some moderation. Enjoy a couple beers. Hook up with one of the girls at the party. Have your fun in bed. It won't get you in trouble."

"I don't know, Zack," I said hesitantly. "Maybe."

"Maybe? Shit, it's got to be months since you got laid. The whole world will look a lot better after you bust a nut in some hot beaver."

"It has been a long time."

"Do it, Kyle. You'll feel a lot better after you slip some sweet thing your sausage. We need to ready for our next game. Wisconsin will be tough. We need you relaxed and ready to go."

"I'll see about it, Zack," I promised.

"Good," Zack suggested. "Take it easy on the booze next time too."

"You got it."

We headed back to Pollock Halls. I thanked Zack for all his help over the weekend before we separated to go back to our rooms.

Christian was studying in our room when I got back. I noticed Christian looked like hell – sleepy, disheveled and unshaved. I realized he probably hadn't gotten any sleep last night thanks to me. When he paused from his reading, I commented, "Thanks for your help last night and this morning. I probably didn't deserve it. I know you disapprove of my drinking and my cheating with another girl. Why did you stay around to help me? I know you would have preferred to go to church this morning with Bev."

"What would that say about my religion if I had left you here hurting the way you were?" Christian answered. "You needed help. I had to stay."

"I thank you for your help," I said. "I'll try to make sure I don't need that much help again." Would I have done the same thing if I had been in Christian's position? I wasn't sure. Christian was annoying at times but he was a true friend – somebody I could count on when things went bad.

I worked on my Math 110 homework until bed time. I found an e-mail from Will before I went to bed. It said Penny didn't want to hear from me. Will said he and Abby would keep trying but I shouldn't get my hopes up. I knew I was truly available again. Did I really want to get into the whole hook-up and jump in bed with a near stranger thing anymore? It had been years since I had done that. What kind of person was I?

Chapter 6 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.