Lost & Found
Chapter 54

Copyright© 2007 by Douglas Fox

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 54 - Kyle Martin goes to PSU seeking football glory. Read about his successes, failures and excesses as he tries to find his place in the world

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Group Sex   Anal Sex   School  

I slept until 8:30 Tuesday morning. I took University Drive out of State College so I could hit a convenience store for a breakfast sandwich and some coffee. Harrisburg was empty since I went through after the morning rush hour. I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home to pick up food for lunch and snacks. I pulled in front of my house a few minutes before noon.

Surprisingly the house was locked up and deserted when I got home. I realized that the University of Delaware started classes damn early after New Year's. Today was Andy's first day of classes. I carried my bags inside and downstairs to my bedroom. I started my first load of wash from my trip and then headed upstairs for lunch.

I had lots of time to peruse the newspaper, which I hadn't done in almost two weeks. I turned to the sports section first to check out the other bowl games yesterday. Of course the first game I checked was Jeremy's - #4 Oklahoma Sooners took on his #9 Notre Dame Fighting Irish in the Cotton Bowl. It was a high scoring, extremely close game that the Sooners won with a last second field goal 41-38. Jeremy was not going to be in a good frame of mind when he got home from Texas tonight.

#14 LSU pounded #23 Michigan State in the Outback Bowl over in Tampa yesterday. The Fighting Tigers won 35-17. #18 Cincinnati won 28-10 over Boston College in the Gator Bowl. #8 Ohio State managed to stifle #7 Oregon State's normally high scoring offense, 24-17 in the Rose Bowl.

The paper said the Sugar Bowl was quite tense. #5 Alabama barely survived an upset by #15 Pittsburgh. They needed an 82 yard scoring drive in the last two minutes to score the winning touchdown. Alabama's performance wasn't going to impress any of the poll voters.

Tonight Fox would televise the Fiesta Bowl featuring #3 Texas against #10 Michigan. I planned to watch the guys I knew on Michigan's team along with Texas' Mike Johanson. There was a fair possibility that Mike could get some playing time.

I finished eating lunch and reading the paper before I headed to the family room. I checked the Tivo. It had the pregame and Capital One Bowl game that I asked my family to record for me. I settled in for an afternoon of watching my bowl game from yesterday.

The 'Taste of the Town' segment was fun to watch. Damian and I looked good on the segment. I enjoyed listening to Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge's commentary of our game yesterday. My punt return for a touchdown drew praise as did the way our offensive line dominated Tennessee's defensive line.

Liz came in while I was watching the third quarter of the game, a little after three o'clock. She popped her head into the family room.

"Hey Kyle, welcome back from sunny Florida," Liz said. "Congratulations on the win yesterday. You played well."

"Thanks Liz," I replied. "How was school?"

"It was school," Liz answered. "You know how it is."

"Yeah, I do," I answered.

"I'm going upstairs to do homework," Liz said as she turned away.

"Enjoy," I called out as she left. "I don't have any homework for a week."

"You suck, Kyle!" Liz called back as she left. I still loved teasing Andy and Liz when I had the opportunity. I wondered where her boyfriend Josh was. Football season was over and I knew the two of them took advantage of the empty house whenever they could. Eventually I remembered that the high school football team used Tuesdays and Thursdays for film study after the season ended. I'd probably see Josh tomorrow.

I finished watching my game and then flipped in a DVD. I was about half-way through the movie when Mom came home with the kids. I heard one pair of small feet beating on the floor as the owner ran for the family room.

"Unka Ky ... Unka Ky," Hunter called as he ran. I heard where the twins were a moment later. The two whined about taking off their coats, hats and boots before going further into the house. I scooped Hunter off the floor, gave him a big hug and then we exchanged sloppy kisses.

"You know I'm your big brother Hunter, not your uncle," I explained. "You can call me Kyle. Can you say Kyle?"

"Kyle," Hunter parroted.

"Very good," I replied. "That's just right. I'm Kyle." I gave my little brother another kiss and hug. The twins, freed from their winter clothes, stampeded into the family room in search of me.

"Unka Ky! Unka Ky!" they chirped as they ran for our reunion. I gave each one a hug and a kiss to greet them. I was hoisting Connor overhead for his plane ride when he insisted, "No! Down!"

I set him on the floor. Noah ran to the TV and said, "Unka Ky on TV eating ... show us."

"Yeah, show us p'ease," Connor asked as he ran over to the TV with his brother.

I started the pregame show again and fast-forwarded through to the 'Taste of the Town' segment. The three kids watched the four minute segment with rapt attention.

"Again!" Connor demanded.

"Show again, Unka Ky," Noah added.

I replayed the segment for them. When we reached the part where we sampled the pork chops Noah asked "Taste good, Unka Ky?"

"The pork chops were excellent," I replied. The kids watched longer.

"Puddin' good?" Noah asked when the Tivo reached the crème brûlée part of the meal.

"Yes, the crème brûlée is excellent too," I said.

"Cook for us p'ease?" Noah asked. "Yes Unka Ky, cook for us."

"You want me to make you crème brûlée?" I asked. "Do you have any idea how hard that is to make?"

"Unka Ky good cook," Noah insisted. "You can make ahhh ... of it," Connor added.

"All of it?" I asked. The twins nodded the heads in agreement. "You want me to make pork chips, sweet potatoes and crème brûlée?" The twins nodded their heads yes vigorously. "I'll talk to Mom-Mom and see if it's OK."

The boys forced me to show them the 'Taste of the Town' segment a third time before dinner. Mom rescued me with the call to dinner before I was forced to watch it a fourth time. Liz and I got the little kids ready for dinner while Mom and Dad got the table set and the food out. Hunter fussed about being put in the high chair. He wanted to be treated exactly like his two nephews in spite of the age difference.

I volunteered to do dinners during the rest of my holiday break when Mom worked. Mom, Dad and Liz all teased me about my pretensions of being a chef when I said I might try replicating the meal Chef Lagasse made for me last week. Mom said I better skip the green chili mole and liquor in the dessert. Neither would be suitable for the young ones.

I worked out immediately after dinner. Hal and Tammy had gone with Kathy to pick up Jeremy at the Baltimore airport that evening. Kathy preferred to have company when she drove down there to pick up her boyfriend.

I settled in to watch Michigan take on Texas in the Fiesta Bowl when I came back from my run. It was a very close, exciting game. As my team already knew, Michigan had a good offense and an excellent quarterback. Texas surprised the media when they started a true freshman at cornerback – my friend Mike 'Tex' Johanson. Nick Wilson, Michigan's All-Big Ten quarterback picked on Mike the first quarter since this was his first start. Mike was up to the challenge. He allowed two short passes but also knocked away three deeper passes. Michigan stopped picking on Mike after that.

Both teams had strong offenses and good defenses. The lead changed three times during the game as they felt each other out. Michigan scored a touchdown to give them a 30-23 lead in the middle of the fourth quarter. Texas' junior quarterback, Todd Landry, drove his team down the field as time ran down. He scored a touchdown on a naked bootleg when Michigan's defense bought the fake sweep to the right. Coach Brown of the Longhorns gambled and went for the two point conversion. Landry threw a shuffle pass to his tailback, completely fooling Michigan, to score the two points. Texas won 31-30 when Nick Wilson ran out of time as he moved his team across midfield.

I had to smile at Michigan's misfortune. Oregon, Tennessee, Notre Dame and now Michigan lost their bowl games. Four of the five teams immediately ahead of us in the BCS poll lost. My team's prospects of moving into the top ten on the final poll improved dramatically.


Hal, Jeremy and I got together Wednesday afternoon to do our football workout. Jeremy was still in a bad frame of mind from his loss to Oklahoma on Monday. His thirteen tackles, two sacks and an interception did not ease the pain of the loss at all. He was a leader on defense and when it counted, they didn't stop the Sooners. He was determined that his defense would do better next season.

I headed for home after we did our three miles around the neighborhood. I got back just as Liz was coming up the walk from the school bus. "No fun with Josh this afternoon?" I teased as we walked in the house.

"Josh!" Liz snorted. "I dumped that son of a bitch's ass!"

"Oh! I didn't know," I said. "What happened?"

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!" Liz snarled.

"Sorry, I didn't know," I said. "I'll mind my own business."

"You do that," Liz snapped before stalking upstairs to her room. I knew my sister didn't have and wasn't looking for long relationships with her boyfriends. Cody Stevens held the record until now, lasting about six months with my sister. Josh had dated Liz nearly as long as Cody had. I guess that was an accomplishment. I knew I needed to let my sister alone regarding whatever had broken the two of them up. No good would come from me interfering in her love life.

I prepared a casserole for dinner for the family that evening. I talked with Ed Fritz later that evening, to see how he was doing. It wasn't public knowledge, but Coach Meyer had decided to start Terrence Walker at quarterback. In spite of that decision, Ed was getting almost as much time with the first team as Walker. Ed thought he would be called in quickly if Walker did not perform well at the start of the game.

I researched the nice restaurants in the Lancaster area for my date with Faith Friday night. I ended choosing the Horse Inn in downtown Lancaster. The food was rated to be very good. One of the reviewers called it a romantic spot too. That fit my plans for the night. I called ahead and made reservations for 6:00 pm for two.

I watched most of the Orange Bowl Wednesday evening. #6 Boise State beat Virginia Tech handily, 35-20. I read a little after the game before turning in for the night.

My week proceeded peacefully. I got to sleep late in the mornings. Hal, Jeremy and I worked out in the afternoon. I did dinner for my family after my workouts. It was great being a lazy bum after a semester of ball-breaking work for school and football.

I used part of Thursday afternoon getting set up for my BCS championship party. I had lots of snack foods ready. Jeremy picked up a case of beer for my party. Mom and Dad agreed to allow the over twenty-one guests to drink at the party. I planned to monitor the drinking closely so I fulfilled my parents' trust in me.

Noah, Connor and Hunter were excited after dinner when my guests began arriving. Tammy, Kathy and Penny made a big fuss over the boys. Jeremy and Hal played with them too. Jake Kring, Drew McCormick and Kenny Weaver joined the crowd in the family room.

Jeremy filled us in a little bit about his experiences playing against Georgia Tech to start his season. He promised that it would be interesting to see how the Yellowjackets operated. Their triple option offense was quite different from what most of us saw normally.

Georgia Tech won the coin toss and elected to receive the kickoff. I saw what Jeremy was talking about as I watched. Georgia Tech lined up with the quarterback under center, two running backs in the backfield, a tight end and two wide receivers. The triple option used the same base play again and again. With the first option the quarterback would hand off to the A-halfback who would dive into the middle of the line.

If the quarterback keeps the ball he heads behind the tackle and the tight end's blocks. The other, or B-halfback, runs parallel to the quarterback three or four yards deep in the back field. If the outside linebacker goes to tackle the quarterback with the ball, the QB pitches it out to the B-halfback who runs outside with the ball. If the linebacker covers the pitch to the B-halfback then the QB keeps the ball and runs downfield between the tight end and the B-halfback.

The Yellowjackets used nothing but the triple option play to drive down the field on Florida. Nine plays later the halfback running to the outside broke loose and sprinted twenty-two yards into the end zone. After the successful PAT, the Yellowjackets led 7-0.

"Damn! The Gators are playing too aggressively," Jeremy commented. "I played three teams this year that run this offense. You have to stay in your position. You can't free lance and pursue the ball the way they are doing. The Yellowjackets are going to run in the hole where the defender is supposed to be every time he freelances."

"Is that what happened against the Yellowjackets when your team played them?" I asked.

"Sort of," Jeremy agreed. "Part of our problem was that we only had four days to get ready for GT. I didn't play well in the first quarter until my coach got through to me. I'm used to flowing to the ball, wherever it is. I had to stay at home that game and cover the dive option. GT held the ball twenty-one minutes in the first half and we fell behind – big time. We played better in the second half. We nearly pulled off a win after falling behind 21-3."

"I hope that doesn't happen to Ed's team," Penny said.

"We'll see," I agreed.

Terrence Walker came out for the first drive. That wasn't a surprise. Ed had warned us Walker would start. His first drive started off well, the Gators gained twenty-seven yards on the first four plays – two passes and two runs. Things went bad on the fifth play. It was a deep pass and Walker was under pressure. He tried to force the ball into Eric Peters, one of Ed's roommates and a wide receiver on the team.

The Georgia Tech cornerback covering Eric snapped up the poorly thrown ball. Eric caught him after a two yard interception runback. The Yellowjackets had the ball at their 27 yard line.

GT ran the triple option at the Gators again. Florida's defense played better but still couldn't stop GT. The thirteen play drive culminated in a touchdown. The second quarter was half way gone when Florida got another shot.

The Gators offense didn't have an answer to Georgia Tech. Walker threw two incomplete passes and then gained six yards on a quarterback draw. The Gators had to punt the ball back to Georgia Tech.

Georgia Tech ran a ten play drive. This time they added a screen pass and a play action pass into their play mix. The play action pass gave them their third touchdown. They kicked the ball back to Florida with 1:43 left in the half.

"They've got to put Ed in now," I said. "Walker has been useless."

My highly partisan friends agreed with my assessment. The camera centered on Coach Meyer and an assistant on the sideline as the announcers speculated who would come out for the next drive. Ed was visible on the sidelines warming up. Coach Meyer decided to give Walker another chance. The Gators fans in the background booed as Walker trotted onto the field.

Terrence Walker was not up to the task. He threw three incomplete passes before the Gators punted the ball back to Georgia Tech. GT was satisfied to run the clock out and take a 21-0 lead into the locker room.

My friends and I discussed what Florida needed to do to get back in the game. We concluded the same thing as the announcers on Fox. Coach Meyer needed to bench Walker and let Ed see if he could perform any magic in the second half. Feelings didn't matter, the long term plans for the team didn't matter; you had to do whatever it took to win. This was for the national championship.

Florida made a good, 32 yard return on the kickoff to open the second half. The Gators fans in the stadium, as well as my family room full of friends, all cheered when Ed Fritz trotted out with the Gators offense to open the second half.

Coach Meyer adjusted his offense a bit at halftime. Ed nailed GT on a screen pass that gained 21 yards on the first play. That would give the Yellowjackets pass rushers something to think about now. Ed used rollouts to buy extra time. His coach threw in a couple quarterback draws to keep GT off balance. Ed's throws were quick and accurate. Six plays later the Gators were down to Georgia Tech's 30 yard line. Ed hit Eric Peters perfectly on a slant route. Eric sped away from his defender and streaked into the end zone. Florida finally got a score.

Georgia Tech accepted the kickoff and went to work again. We could see that Florida made some adjustments during halftime. The Yellowjackets weren't ripping off seven and eight yard runs anymore. By the tenth play GT had moved down into Florida's red zone. Florida's secondary broke up a play action pass on first down. GT picked up seven yards on the dive option on second down.

Georgia Tech ran the option again on third down and three yards to go at Florida's 13 yard line. The quarterback faked to the first halfback running the dive and went outside with the ball. Florida's big left defensive end shed his block. He and the strong safety converged on the quarterback. The outside linebacker had the other halfback covered for the pitch. The quarterback put his head down and dove into the collision with the two defenders. He gained one yard.

"Good! Good ... they're getting it now," Jeremy exclaimed after the defensive end's brilliant play. " ... Gators might have a chance." Georgia Tech decided to go for it on fourth down and two yards to go. They were called for a false start. Faced with fourth down and seven yards to, GT kicked a field goal to give them a 24-7 lead.

Florida put a freshman player in to return the kickoff. He was a five star recruit last year and Ed said big things were expected of him. After the young kid caught the kickoff, he was brilliant. He read his blocking and followed it up to the point of contact, shot through the hole and streaked downfield untouched. Florida's kicker narrowed the Georgia Tech lead to 24-14 with the PAT.

Florida learned to better defend the triple option as the game continued. This time it took the Yellowjackets 13 plays to score. Their drive stalled out inside Florida's 30 yard line when they took a false start penalty which forced them to pass. A holding penalty on the next play forced them to take a field goal instead of continuing the drive for a touchdown. Score: 27-14 Georgia Tech's favor.

Ed ran Florida's spread offense perfectly on the next drive. He moved his team down the field with quick, accurate passes and an occasional run. After one of the plays the camera caught Ed grabbing a guard's facemask, pulling him in close and shouting something at him.

"Been there..." Drew teased. " ... done that. Ed hasn't changed at all since we played together in high school."

"Ed does have a presence in the huddle," I agreed.

"Yeah," Jake agreed. " ... hold your God damned block!" Jake did a pretty good imitation of Ed's command voice. Everyone laughed.

On the fifth play Ed found one of his fast wide receivers one on one with a GT cornerback. A stutter step combined with a pump fake broke the receiver loose. Ed completed a 37 yard pass that the receiver carried into the end zone for another touchdown. Score: 27-21 GT's favor.

There was a little more than ten minutes left in the game. Florida's defense had to get a stop this time. It was a brilliant struggle between Georgia Tech's offense and Florida's defense. Unfortunately for Ed and the other Gator fans, GT prevailed. They needed fourteen plays to drive the 82 yards to score. The Yellowjacket QB carried the ball into the end zone on a quarterback keeper. Score: 34-21 Georgia Tech's favor.

Florida's young kick returner lined up again. He almost broke this kick off too. A very lucky Georgia Tech player managed an ankle tackle at Florida's 27 yard line when no one else could have stopped him.

2:08 remained on the clock. Georgia Tech set up in a prevent defense. Ed hit a couple fifteen yard sideline passes that Tech was practically giving away. On the third play Eric Peters lined up in the slot instead of outside like normal. Eric did a turn and looked for the ball fifteen yards downfield. The cornerback tried for an interception when Ed pump faked. Eric sprinted downfield, taking in Ed's pass forty yards downfield. Eric wasn't touched until the free safety came over for a desperation tackle around the 5 yard line. Eric dove over him into the end zone to score. Florida's reliable kicker made the extra point to bring the score to 34-28 GT's favor.

The two teams lined up for the obvious onside kick try. Amazingly, Florida pulled it off. The ball bounced off a Georgia Tech player before it went ten yards, was batted in the air by a Florida player and then snagged by Eric Peters when he out-leapt a couple GT players. It was Florida's ball on Florida's 44 yard line.

0:50 remained on the clock and Florida had all three timeouts. Georgia Tech made damn sure their safeties lined up deep enough to stop Eric Peters if he caught a ball again. They blanketed the sideline routes too, so Ed was forced to throw into the middle of the field.

Ed completed a fifteen yard pass on the first down. He called a timeout immediately. His next pass was batted away. He hit again for twelve yards in the middle of the field. Ed used his second timeout to stop the clock. Georgia Tech had good coverage on the next play. Ed was forced to toss the ball to his shallow wide receiver along the sideline. The kid made ten yards but couldn't get out of bounds. Ed hustled his players up to the line at GT's 19 yard line because he didn't want to spend his last timeout.

The clock showed 0:18 as the ball was snapped. Ed checked the receivers in the end zone – covered. He checked the sideline receivers – covered. Ed fired the ball to Eric Peters in the middle of the field at the 8 yard line. Eric caught the ball and was tackled immediately. Ed called the final timeout to stop the clock at 0:11.

On the next play Ed couldn't find anyone open in the end zone. He threw the ball away. 0:04 remained on the clock. Ed took the shotgun snap, scanned the end zone. No one was open. Ed didn't hesitate. He tucked the ball away and ran for the end zone. He made it past the nose guard but was met by two defensive backs at the four yard line. Ed squirmed and tried to get loose but the put him on the ground at the 3 yard line.

The clock read 0:00 as Ed crawled out from under the two defenders. The Yellowjacket players high-fived, hugged and celebrated their victory while the Gator players walked back towards their bench.

My family room was silent for half a dozen seconds as we stared in disbelief at the TV. I know I believed Ed would pull it off. I'm sure the rest of our friends thought that too.

"Shit!" Jeremy growled, breaking the silence. "I thought Ed was going to do this."

"I know," "I did too," "Poor Ed," came from the crowd in my family room.

"Coach Meyer better not have a quarterback controversy after today," I said. "I think the whole world knows who the better quarterback is now."

"Amen!" "I'll second that," "Ed's gotta start now," came from the chorus of supporters and friends.

We talked for awhile about our weekend plans. Kathy and Jeremy were leaving tomorrow for the drive back to Indiana. We knew Ed was flying back to Gainesville with his team and spending the weekend on campus. The rest of us didn't go back to school until Sunday. The group decided to go out to the Green Iguana on Saturday night so we could squeeze in one more night together before the start of the semester.


Friday morning's paper reported the final BCS standings. Of course Georgia Tech moved up to #1. The final standings were: #2-Texas, #3-Oklahoma, #4-Florida, #5-Alabama, #6-Boise State, #7-Ohio State, #8-LSU, #9-Penn State, #10-Oregon State, #11-Notre Dame, #12-Michigan.

I was pleased to see that Penn State had climbed four spots to #9. I was a little ticked to see that LSU jumped from one spot behind us before the bowl games to one spot ahead of us afterward. I didn't think that LSU beating #23 Michigan State 35-17 was nearly was as impressive as our beating Tennessee, who was ranked higher than us in the polls.

Oh well, a #9 finish is still impressive given that we lost nine of eleven starters on offense and six of eleven starters on defense from last year's team. We were losing two offensive starters this season and three defensive starters. Tyler Madden was the only key player we were losing this season. Everyone on the team was confident that Dave McCall was ready to fill Tyler's large shoes. I was going to do everything I could to keep our "Championship starts today" slogan in front of everyone next season. Next year our team would be hoisting the BCS trophy at the end of the game out in Arizona.

I sent this text off to Ed: 'N E WAY UR NOT QB1 NOW? CALL ME SAT K' I wanted to extend Ed my sympathy for the loss. I wanted to buck him up a little too. I knew he was going to take the loss hard.

I put together a casserole for my family after my workout Friday afternoon. I was starting dinner for Mom even though I would be on my date by the time my family sat down for dinner that evening. I showered and was shaving when Mom and the kids got home. They found me downstairs in my bathroom.

"Where going, Unka Ky?" Connor asked.

"I have a date tonight with a nice lady friend," I explained.

"Why?" Noah asked.

I did my best to explain to my nephew about dating – at least as much as was appropriate for a two and a half year old. I told them I was taking Faith to dinner and a movie that evening.

"Is she your gir'friend like Keh-EE?" Connor asked.

"No, this is our second date," I replied. "We are still getting to know each other."

The twin continued peppering me with questions as I dressed. They didn't grasp male-female relationships yet. Who am I kidding? I didn't really understand them either. Noah's parting question was, "Would Faith spend the night like Keh-EE?"

It was an excellent question. I hoped the answer would be yes but I truly didn't know yet. "We'll see," is all I allowed as I headed for the front door and my date.

I drove over to Millstream, arriving a couple minutes early for my date. I went up to the door anyway. Bill Royer welcomed me to his house. Somewhere he had found a sweatshirt with the "Capital One Bowl – Penn State-38, Tennessee-21" logo on it. It had a picture of the Nittany Lion wearing a coonskin cap and holding a muzzle loading rifle as he chased after a frontiersman.

Bill and I talked about the bowl game while I waited for Faith to come downstairs for our date. I gave Bill some of the background about how we came up with the big plays that locked up the win for us. He enjoyed hearing about the thinking behind our strategy.

Faith looked stunning as she came downstairs. I had warned her we were going to a nice restaurant for dinner before the movie. I had worn dress pants and shirt with a tie. I skipped the jacket. Faith wore a low cut red dress that displayed her ample cleavage.

I doubt she knew I was a breast man. Whether she knew or not, her display heightened my urge to get physical that evening. I was going to have a severe case of blue balls if she didn't have the same idea about the end of the evening as I did.

Faith had her hair styled. Gentle curls of blonde hair fell down across her shoulders.

"I'm glad we're going out again, Kyle," Faith said, interrupting my staring.

"I'm glad too," I agreed. "You look stunning this evening."

"Thank you," Faith replied.

"Where are you two going for dinner tonight?" Bill asked.

"Um ... the Horse Inn in Lancaster," I replied.

"ooooo ... that place is nice," Bill said. " ... but very expensive."

I glanced at my watch. "We have 6:00 reservations," I said. It was 5:35 now.

"You're going to a movie afterwards?" Bill asked. "What time do you think you'll be home, sweetie?"

"I'm not sure, Daddy," Faith said. "We might decide to do something after the movie. I'll let you know if I'm going to be out later than midnight, OK?"

"OK, Faith," Bill replied. He turned towards me and added, "You understand no drinking and driving, right Kyle?"

"I'm under twenty-one," I said. "No drinking period."

"See you later, Daddy," Faith said as we headed for the door.

"See you, Bill," I added.

I escorted Faith to my trusty VW and helped her in. I drove us to Lancaster by way of Millport Road which turned into Duke Street and led us straight to the middle of town. The Horse Inn's on-line directions were good, which was fortunate. The restaurant is located on the second floor of a former horse stable with an entrance off an alley off Chestnut Street.

We had to wait a couple minutes before the maitre d' could seat us. The restaurant was a real stable a hundred years ago. The plaque by the door gave the history of the place. It had been turned from a stable into a speakeasy in the 1920's. The plaque reported that during prohibition the bootleggers had run a fire hose from the illegal brewery to the speakeasy through the city sewers to deliver the beer. Eventually they added food to the pub part of the establishment. Now they were noted more for their food than their drink.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.