Lost & Found
Chapter 52

Copyright© 2007 by Douglas Fox

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 52 - Kyle Martin goes to PSU seeking football glory. Read about his successes, failures and excesses as he tries to find his place in the world

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Group Sex   Anal Sex   School  

Sunday, December 11th

Coach Burton held us in the dining hall longer than normal after dinner. He reviewed our schedule for finals week. Penn State and the Nittany Lions are justifiably proud of our academic record. Still, we were a top football team and everyone understood that Football was our #1 priority. The athletic department provides us with academic advisors and tutors to help us succeed academically but we all understood that we fit our academics around our football needs. Coach suspended afternoon practices for the week. This week studying and taking finals came first. We were to do our daily workouts as our schedule allowed.

Our team exchanged gifts at our annual Christmas celebration. Tyler Madden organized pulling names. I picked Ben Walker's name. Ben was our right guard. He was big man and very quiet. I was going to have a challenge finding a good gift for Ben.

I went back to my apartment after dinner and spent a couple more hours studying for my anthropology final. I did a light workout at the Lasch Building later that evening to relax. I always believed I did better on tests when I was relaxed and well rested than if I spent the previous night cramming.

Jay came back from Richmond around 9:30 in the evening. Damian, Trevor and I all gathered to hear where Jay was going to go to school next semester.

Trevor was direct. "Where is it going to be, Jay?"

"James Madison University," Jay answered. "They have a great communications program there. Coach Matthews said I will have a good shot at winning the starting quarterback spot next season. They run my style of offense. I think I can be successful there."

"I'm glad you found a good spot," Damian said. "It sucks that it isn't here."

"I'll warn my brother to be ready for you next season," I added.

"Are these guys any good?" Trevor asked.

"They are 37-12 over the last four seasons, ' Jay answered. "I'm pleased to find a good home for myself."

The rest of us were happy for Jay. Hopefully things worked well for him with his new team. The four of us went back to preparing for finals week.


7:00 am came far too early for my tastes on Monday morning. By the time I had a good hot shower, a nuked breakfast sandwich and drank a couple cups of coffee I was ready for my first final. Low clouds dimmed the morning light. The chilly blustery wind made the long walk across campus to the Willard Building an endurance test.

The proctor handed out the tests promptly at 8:00 am. I flipped through the test quickly to see what I was faced with – multiple choice, a hundred and fifty questions. Dr. Pearson was noted for giving hard tests. I had a 90 on my midterm and I was on the borderline between an A and B in the course. I needed to do well on this final.

I got started. Dr. Pearson had made this hard. I had to carefully read every question and possible answer. All the questions had at least two or more plausible answers. It took time to deduce the correct answer. I worked my through the test.

I found myself thirty-some questions short of the end of the test with fifteen minutes to go. I had to hurry through the last questions to finish before the final ended. I was wiped out when I turned in the test and headed towards my apartment.

I grabbed a Philly paper on the way back to my apartment along with some more breakfast. I spent an hour unwinding and relaxing, trying to forget the brutal exam. This test had been a new experience for me. I ALWAYS finished tests early. Oh well, so much for my hopes of an A in the course. I better improve on my other four finals.

I went to the Lasch Building to work out and to unwind from the final. I felt better when I went back to my apartment for lunch. I spent the afternoon preparing for Dr. Brennan's final. Like last semester I came up with my own sample questions for the essay test, organized outlines for my answers along with supporting facts, figures and quotations.

I was rested, prepared and psyched for the History 161 final on Tuesday morning. The test was at 10:10, so I didn't have to rush in the morning. The proctor handed out the test. I opened up my blue book and scanned the questions on the essay test. I guessed correctly on three of the eight questions. Four more were similar to my prospective questions that I could use most of my preparations with small modifications. The last question I came to cold, but it was easy. I blitzed through the eight questions in about an hour. I spent twenty minutes rereading my essays and correcting the spelling and grammar. I turned my blue book in to the proctor at a quarter to twelve.

I glanced over at Kelly before I left. She was still working away on one of the essays. I wished I could talk with her for a couple minutes. I missed sharing things with her. I also knew from the nasty looks and glares over the past few weeks that my attention was not welcome. Christian and Bev reported that Kelly was doing better but she had no interest in any contact with me. C'est la vie. Our lives move on – separately.

After lunch I went downtown to do some of my Christmas shopping. Hunter, Connor and Noah were easy. Each boy got Nittany Lion's shirts, soft footballs and stuffed Lions mascots. The T-shirt shop solved my problem gift problem for Ben Walker. They had the perfect saying and the right size for someone of Ben's bulk.

"This will be a perfect fit," I said as the clerk rang it up.

"You're kidding," the clerk replied. "Who is it for? One of the defensive linemen on the football team?"

"Actually it goes to one of the offensive linemen," I replied as I handed him my credit card. "I'm glad you had this in XXXXL."

The clerk stared at my card for a second before he swiped it. "Kyle Martin. You are serious that this goes to one of the offensive linemen, aren't you?" I nodded yes. "Good luck in Orlando, Kyle," the clerk added as he bagged the present.

"Thanks," I replied as I left. "Thanks very much."

I spent most of Tuesday afternoon in the Lasch Building reviewing video of Tennessee. I was in excellent shape for my next two finals – Geography 30 and Geography 115. Both were Thursday afternoon.

Tennessee was going to be an interesting challenge for our team. Their overall defense ranked in the middle of the 120 FBS teams. Their run defense was average but their pass defense was ranked #12 among the FBS teams. They could get decent pressure on the quarterback. They picked off some balls but not a lot of them. Their defensive backs were excellent at covering receivers. Their defensive strength matched up well against our offensive strength.

I viewed the video on the special teams too. Tennessee's special teams weren't strong. Coach Ferguson planned to have me handle most of the punt and kick returns. I could see I would have some good opportunities returning the ball.

I could see where our coaches were going with our game plan. Damian, Wyatt and Charlie were going to get a lot of carries in this game. I felt we had a good chance to win. We planned to run more than normal until Tennessee was forced to send extra defenders to stop the run, then we would hit them with our deep passing game.

The FBS honors list came out Tuesday night. Our team didn't score nearly as many honors as we were used to. Shawn Byrd, Tyler Madden, Damian, and Josh Bruno made first team All-Big Ten honors at their positions. Chip Brinton made second team All-Big Ten, getting bested by Michigan's Nick Wilson.

Trevor Conwell made the second team All-American at defensive end. Very few ends combined Trevor's sack and hurry totals with his ability to stop the run. Trevor certainly earned this recognition.

I made first team All-American at kick returner and second team All-American as wide receiver. No one in college came close to my 44.4 yard per kick return average. Nine guys beat my reception total, two guys had more yards receiving but no one touched my 140.5 yards per game receiving.

Our last honoree was Andrew Perkins. Andrew made second team All-American at placekicker. Washington State's kicker with other-worldly talent beat Andrew out for first team. This guy made every single PAT in the season and missed a single field goal – a long 52 yarder.

One other honoree caught my eye on the list. Jeremy North made first team All-American at middle linebacker. I e-mailed my congratulations to Jeremy later that night. My friend deserved the accolade.

I studied Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning for my geography finals. I finished up my Christmas shopping and wrapped my gifts after lunch. Later Wednesday afternoon Chip, Christian and I met to review video of Tennessee. Chip quizzed me about the system Zack and I worked out last year to change routes on the fly non-verbally.

Chip talked Christian and I into going in to talk with Coach Adams to see if he was willing to let us try this. He was non-committal. He suggested the three of us could look through the video and find three defensive looks that we thought we could exploit this way. He was willing to take a look after we did the necessary research.

By the end of the afternoon we had found half a dozen situations where we thought the tactic could be effective. We presented our ideas to Coach Adams before dinner. He approved three of them and warned us to be prepared next week. We should execute these if we found our scout team lined up using those defenses.

Christian, Chip and I agreed on the non-verbal signals to change up the plays. If Chip gave me a nod that meant Christian was the hot receiver and he should change up his route. I would do the same when Chip gave Christian the nod. That should thoroughly confuse the Tennessee cornerbacks even if they realized we were switching up at the line.


The two geography finals on Thursday afternoon were both easy. I knew I aced them. I met at dinner time with Chad King and a couple other classmates to study for our last final in Teaching Secondary Social Studies I. Chad hosted the study session at his apartment. We ordered pizza for dinner. We reviewed together until a little after nine o'clock.

I had one important thing to do before bedtime that evening. Jay had finished his last final at 6:30 that evening. I headed for his room when I got back to the apartment.

"When are you leaving tomorrow?" I asked as I poked my head in his bedroom.

"In the morning," Jay answered. "Mom, Dad and I are meeting with Coach Burton at nine o'clock. We want to thank him for everything he has done for me in the last three years."

"So you don't have any hard feelings towards, Coach?" I asked.

"No, not really," Jay answered. "He did what he had to do last summer. I disagree with him but I respect the decision he had to make then. I'll look back on my time here fondly."

"I think you leaving really sucks," I said. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too, Kyle," Jay replied. Our handshake turned into a hug. We gave each other back pats before breaking apart again. I took a deep breath to try too clear my emotions a bit.

"You keep in touch, Jay," I said. Jay was batting his eyes fighting tears too.

"I'll do that," he agreed. After a deep breath he added, "You guys go beat up on Tennessee down in Orlando. I'll be cheering for you."

"Thanks, man," I said as I retreated downstairs. My last final was at 8:00 am so I didn't expect to see Jay again tomorrow. I sucked that he was leaving. Who knew when we would see each other again?

Jay was still asleep when I left at 7:30 on Friday morning for my last final. I walked the hill on Bigler Road to the Forestry Resources Building. Dr. Ward's final wasn't hard. I breezed through it, finishing twenty minutes before the finals period was over. I stopped off at the Natatorium and talked with Mr. Coleman about lifeguarding next semester. He promised he would work me into the schedule. He needed all the help he could get to cover the pools.

Damian was eating breakfast at the table when I returned to our apartment.

"Is Jay gone yet?" I asked.

"His parents got here about 7:45 this morning," Damian replied. "They loaded everything up and drove over to the Lasch Building. I imagine their meeting with Coach is over and they're somewhere on the road heading for Virginia now."

"I guess it's good I said good bye last night," I said. "I wasn't sure if I would see him after my final. Did you hear how his parents got here so early this morning?"

"They stayed at a hotel in Altoona last night," Damian answered.

"I see," I replied. "Are you sure you and Trevor don't need me to stay and help move Chip this afternoon?"

"We got it covered," Damian said. "Go see your family this weekend. Enjoy the holiday."

"I still don't see why you are staying here this weekend," I said. "Erie isn't that far away."

"It is if you run into snow," Damian answered. "Four hours driving into a lake effect snow storm ... no thank you. I'll cuddle up here nice and warm."

"Warm but lonely," I said. Trevor and Chip were driving back to Unionville after dinner tonight to visit their families before Christmas time.

"Not so lonely," Damian replied, winking. "Billy isn't going home until Sunday afternoon."

"Oooohhh ... I see," I said. "You are planning a quiet weekend alone with your lover." Damian smiled and nodded his agreement. "Tell Billy to take good care of you. You've got a big game in two and a half weeks."

"Are you anticipating any action this weekend?" Damian asked. "You told me you are planning to go out with your buddy from Florida tomorrow night."

"Maybe..." I answered. "I have some phone calls to make when I get home. I'm sure I can scare up a date before tomorrow night."

"Have fun. Get yourself laid," Damian replied. "There won't be any more of that for awhile after this weekend."

"I'll do my best," I agreed. "I'm going to do a workout and have lunch before I head for home. Good luck on your last final." Damian's last final was one of his business courses. The final was at 12:30.

"Thanks," Damian agreed. "I'll see you Sunday night."

I did my workout, grabbed a sandwich and newspaper from the Mix before heading back to the apartment. I read the day's paper while I ate. I loaded up the car and headed for home after lunch. Traffic around Harrisburg was tolerable. I made it home a little before three o'clock.

My brother's car was parked on the street in front of the house. I pulled up behind him, parked and carried my bag inside. I found Andy in the family room watching a DVD.

"Hey, bro, how's it going?" I asked as I plopped down on the couch.

"Cool," Andy replied. "Finals went well."

"Been home long?" I asked.

"I got home mid-morning," Andy answered. "I had an eight o'clock final."

"My last final was at eight o'clock too," I said.

"Yeah, but I had the easy drive," Andy teased. "Home in forty-five minutes."

"Yeah, but I am playing a football game on January 2nd," I countered. "How about you?"

"Touché," Andy answered. "Too true."

"You have one semester completed," I asked. "What do you think of Delaware now?"

"I love it," Andy answered. "Coach Keeler a great coach. I'm fitting into the team. I like the classes and the professors. Coach lets me get home on weekends to see my boys. I made the right choice when I chose Delaware."

"I'm glad you're happy," I replied. "Are you seeing anyone down there?"

"Seeing anyone?" Andy asked blankly. " ... you mean girls?"

"Well, duh! Yeah," I replied. "Do you have any prospects?"

"When would I have time for that?" Andy asked. "I study. I work out, practice and play football. I spend weekends here with my kids. When do I fit girls in?"

"You're all but nineteen," I answered. "You make time for them. How long since you've gotten laid?"

"Way too long," Andy answered.

"You should come along tomorrow night when Ed and I go to the Green Iguana," I said. "They have good music, dancing and good food. You'll enjoy yourself and you might meet someone."

"I should spend time with the twins," Andy said.

"We don't leave until 7:30 or 8:00," I countered. "The boys are practically in bed by then. They won't miss you. Mom or Dad will get them to bed. You should come. Invite Eric and Sammy. Invite some of your other friends from school. It's great way to catch up with everyone."

"I don't know..." Andy said.

"I'm calling Eric now," I replied. We used cell phones to communicate around camp last summer. Eric's cell phone number was in my phone. It rang a couple times before a girl's voice asked, "Hello?"

"Sammy, is Eric there?" I replied.

"We're on the Jersey Turnpike on the way home," Sammy replied. "Eric a little busy driving ... you know, dodging semis and other maniacs. Who is this?"

"It's Kyle," I explained. "I'm here with Andy. We're talking about going out to a club tomorrow evening. They have live music, dancing and good food. Ed and some of our other friends from scouts are coming. I wanted to invite the two of you."

I could hear Sammy relay the conversation to Eric. I also heard his enthusiastic "Cool!" Sammy got back on the phone. "Count us in, Kyle."

"There is one dilemma," I added. "Andy doesn't think he should go. He thinks he should spend his evening home while his boys sleep."

I heard Sammy relay the comment to Eric. I could hear Eric's response too. "Tell him he WILL go. I will come over, hog tie him and drag him along if I have to." Sammy relayed the response to me and I gave Andy Eric's orders.

"Pass the word along to your friends," I said before ending the call. "It should be a fun evening."

"I'm sure it will be," Sammy agreed. "Tell Andy that Eric and I are going to stop by after dinner to visit. We want to hear all about Delaware and to see the twins."

"You got it," I agreed. I relayed the remainder of the conversation to Andy. He was smart enough to accept the inevitable. If Sammy and Eric were insistent, he was going to the club tomorrow night. He knew better than to fight Samantha Hoover when she had her mind made up.

I settled in with my brother and watched the end of the movie he was watching. We popped another into the DVD player when the first was done. The two of us vegged out until Mom and the boys got home for the evening.

Noah, Connor and Hunter were delighted to see both Andy and me home for the weekend. Andy and I spent the next forty-five minutes rough housing and goofing around the three boys. They took plane rides, had tickle battles and played some "foo-bah" before dinner time.

Mom made a nice dinner for the family. My parents seemed to enjoy having most of the family together. I got a text from Ed Fritz during dinner. He was stuck in Atlanta. His connecting flight to Philadelphia didn't depart until 9:50 pm that evening. His dad was picking him up at the airport around midnight. Ed suggested we get together after lunch tomorrow. After dinner I texted back that the plan sounded good to me.

I gave Holly Cox a call after dinner. When she answered I said, "Hey, Holly. It's Kyle Martin. How did your finals go?"

"Finals?" she answered. "They were fine. How about yours?"

"Anthropology was a real bear but the rest were fine," I answered. "A group of us are planning on going to the Green Iguana tomorrow night. I was wondering if you would be my date for the evening?"

"I know about that Kyle," Holly replied. "Brandon called last night and asked me to go with him."

"Oh ... Ohhh-kay," I said.

"If you're looking for a date I have a suggestion," Holly added. "A friend from school is coming to the club on her own. Maybe the two of you could go together. You don't mind a blind date, do you?"

"No, I guess not," I agreed.

"I'll call Faith now," Holly said. "I let you know if she is interested in a date then the two of you make arrangements."

"That's cool, Holly," I replied. "Thanks for helping set this up. You might be surprised but I actually don't have a lot of experience dating."

"I know Kyle," Holly answered. "You were part of a couple through most of high school. I think you and Faith will get along well."

"Thanks, Holly," I said before we ended the call.

It was nice of Holly to offer too set me up with a date. Unfortunately I knew that my chances of getting laid tomorrow night took a big hit. I doubted a stranger would be interested in going to bed with me on the first date.

Back at school we hooked up at our parties at the drop of a hat. The girls weren't exactly groupies. We all knew each other for months if not years. We enjoyed partying together and we enjoyed a little recreational sex together. This weekend I was dealing with real life. Getting laid wasn't likely.

Andy and I got together to play some NFL Challenge on the computer. I could call the right plays or the right defenses but I couldn't execute them. I was too out of practice. Andy beat me two games in a row. I helped Andy put the boys to bed, watched as Andy did his workout and then went for a run with him. Altogether it was a nice evening – no courses or homework, no football and no responsibilities.

Holly called while I was out running. Her friend Faith Royer was willing to go out with me the next night. I called Faith as soon as I got off the phone with Holly. Faith and I talked for a few minutes, getting to know each other a little. She was studying to be a teacher too. She was planning on teaching secondary mathematics. She gave me her address. She lived between Bridgeport and Lampeter. I promised to pick her up around eight o'clock Saturday night.


I slept in on Saturday morning. Noah, Connor and Hunter all showed up when I made myself some breakfast around 11:30 in the morning. I read the newspaper until Ed arrived.

Ed and I hung out for a couple hours, catching up on each other's lives. Ed was totally psyched that his team was playing for the national championship game in three weeks. Coach Meyer hadn't decided on who would start at quarterback for the game. Ed and Terrence Walker had split time equally with the first team in practices for the past two weeks. Ed felt he had a good shot at starting. If not, he was sure he would get playing time. Walker hadn't played well since his injury in November.

I told Ed about my team. We were set at all positions. Everyone was healthy, confident and knew their jobs. It had taken the better part of the season but we felt ready to take on anyone now. Tennessee was going to have their hands full with us.

Ed and I went outside and passed the football around like old times. Sitting around inside was boring. We went for a jog around the neighborhood later in the afternoon. It was nice to spend time with my best friend. We just didn't get to do this enough anymore.

As he was getting ready to head home for dinner Ed commented, "I got reservations for our campground for spring break. Are you in this year?"

"I don't know Ed," I replied.

"You gotta go, Kyle," Ed said. "Kath and Jeremy are aboard. Hal and Tammy along with Harrison and Penny are coming too. Your friend Trevor and his girlfriend Stephanie e-mailed me last week to say there in. You have to come."

"I don't want to go stag," I said. "I don't feel like picking up strange girls down there. You know how crazy spring break gets."

" ... and you're still down about breaking up with Kelly," Ed added. "You broke up with her a month ago. Let it go. There is a world of pretty available women out there. Pick one and move on."

"Maybe," I replied. "I don't know if I want to spend a whole week with a girl I barely know."

"The first year you and Kelly had only been dating a month or so," Ed countered. "What would be different now? You have three months to find someone."

"I guess," I agreed. "I'll try to find someone."

"Good," Ed declared. "It wouldn't be a proper spring break if you weren't there."

"I'll see what I can do, Ed," I agreed.

"You want to ride with me to the club tonight?" Ed asked.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.