Kennedy - Cover

Kennedy

Copyright© 2007 by Gina Marie Wylie

Chapter 21: Duel Mundane

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 21: Duel Mundane - Kennedy is a Potential -- a young woman with the possibility of growing up to be the Vampire Slayer. Her destiny and the fate of the world are the subject of this story. A fanfic, set in the Buffyverse.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Fan Fiction  

The next morning seemed to dawn unusually early, and it was only because Kennedy hadn't done anything strenuous that she was awake when Amy knocked on the door to their room.

The two of them joined a half dozen others, including Cindy. Kennedy laughed at Cindy's backpack. "Is it still full of rocks?"

"Five more pounds than last year." Several of the girls hefted Cindy's pack and shook their heads in wonder.

It was a good workout and Kennedy and Amy were back in the cabin before any of the other girls were stirring. They took their showers, both facing each other.

Kennedy had just finished dressing when a young girl, probably closer to twelve than thirteen, knocked lightly on the room door. Deb was off in the shower, so Kennedy went to see what she wanted.

"Could we talk?"

"Sure. I know I'm supposed to be a counselor and all, but I have a lot of trouble with names," Kennedy told her. "I've forgotten yours. If you tell me now, though, I swear I'll never, ever forget."

"Marcie."

"Okay, Marcie, can we talk here or would you like to go outside?"

"Outside."

They went through the cabin and stood on the porch. The girl was about five feet tall, red-haired and lightly freckled, a very slender build. She had clear blue eyes that wandered, looking nervously on the world.

"How can I help you?"

"Two things. Is it true about the sex?"

"I'm not sure I know what you mean."

"I was talking to an older girl last night. She wanted me to 'get lost' with her. She was pretty clear what we'd do once we got lost. She said it's not just masturbation girls do here. Sometimes it's more than just making out."

"Marcie, at Camp Wanakena we're big on personal privacy. What two people do on their own time that doesn't hurt anyone else is their business. As a general statement, yes, it's true. Some girls have sex here. That is, really, the purpose of the third bedroom."

"I didn't think it was really for sleepovers."

"Oh," Kennedy said with a small grin, "you do need to sleep or you're totally wasted the next day. Except the last night of camp, when you're going to ride the bus for hours and hours on the way back home. My, oh my, is it ever quiet on the bus going back!"

Kennedy was curious at that, because Marcie didn't blush.

"How do you know who to do it with?" Marcie asked.

Kennedy shrugged. "That's always the million dollar question, Marcie. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you hearts aren't broken here. It happens. On the other hand, Amy met her friend here at Camp Wanakena, and her death a few weeks ago really tore her up. Short or long ... I mean, we make the best judgments we can. And it's true: you won't die of a broken heart, even if it feels like you will."

"How do you ask?"

"Like anything, it's different strokes for different folks. Sometimes two people just look at each other and know what's going to happen. Sometimes it takes some romancing. Seduction, if you will. Short or quick ... but it all depends on the people involved. At camp, though, timelines are rather compressed by the short time frame."

Kennedy waved at the cabin. "Last year was my first time. The first girl just asked me. It took about two hours of dancing before there was nothing I wanted to do more."

Marcie nodded. "The other thing. It's terrible."

"What's terrible?"

"That girl, Rosalie."

"What about Rosalie?"

"I don't look it, but I'm Roma, too. My father owes the king a lot of money. They made me come here. I'm supposed to watch Rosalie and tell them what she does, who her friends are, particularly if they are Roma."

Kennedy sighed. "And how come you know to talk to me?" she asked quietly.

"There's someone here -- I can't tell you her name, who's Roma. I asked her what I should do. She told me that you were the best person to talk to. That you're not Roma, but you're someone any Roma can trust. I wasn't sure what she meant."

"Well, lets just say we have a lot of the same enemies. What did you think of Mr. Waterman last night?"

"The boat guy? What about him?"

Kennedy nodded. "I was curious, is all."

"He's not Roma, I'm pretty sure."

"Well, when you get a chance, talk to the girl you know. Have her explain to you about Mr. Waterman."

"He's really Roma?"

"No."

"What should I do about Rosalie?"

"Why, tell the truth of course!" Kennedy told the young girl with a laugh. "But we all know that no camper is ever going to be friends with a counselor. And of course, I wouldn't mention our more intimate activities. Don't lie. Just leave things out."

"And if the king asks if there's more?"

"Why, tell him the truth again. That there are twenty-four hours in a day and you weren't in a position to see Rosalie all the time."

Marcie looked at Kennedy. "Just like that? Lie, but tell the truth?"

"Yep! It works for me!"

"Cool!"

"If I were to find another friend of Rosalie's here, could I mention that someone has been set to watch her? I won't say who," Kennedy asked.

"It can't get back to the king! He'll kill my father. He owes the king a lot of money!"

"Do you have a mother?"

Marcie shook her head.

"Any other brothers or sisters?"

"No, it's just the two of us."

"Well, for the time being, just relax and have a good time at camp."

"Okay, thanks, Kennedy."

"No problem!"

Kennedy smiled at her, "Now, you better get a shower. Do you have to dress out for PE at school?"

"No."

"Well, if any of the girls get catty in the shower, let either Deb, Amy or me know. I didn't have a problem last year because I was taller and stronger than everyone else. Still, it was the first time I showered with other girls. I heard enough to know that sometimes they can be cruel, just by accident. When it's not an accident, it can be pretty bad."

"Because I don't have very big breasts?"

"And you're short and red-headed."

Marcie nodded. She turned to the door, took a couple of steps, then turned and grinned at Kennedy. "I really like you!"

She was gone an instant later, leaving Kennedy mildly amused.

Sure enough, Marcie sat next to Kennedy at breakfast, and when Kennedy and Deb showed up for sculls, Marcie was there too.

Mr. Waterman felt Marcie's arm, just like he did Deb's. Deb got a positive comment, "You practice more this year."

"I would at least like to think I can compete strongly enough to at least reach that damn rock, before the two of you are back at the dock."

Mr. Waterman smiled at Kennedy, who flexed her muscles for him. He ran his fingers over them and laughed. "Much, much practice!"

"Not with sculls."

"It is too bad. You could do Olympics, easy."

Kennedy filed that away.

Mr. Waterman turned to Marcie. "Small girl. Big heart, I think. Arm." He pointed to Marcie's arm.

Marcie lifted hers like she'd seen Deb and Kennedy do. But close up, she got her first good look at Mr. Waterman.

"Eek!" It was more a squeak that a scream, but instantly Marcie turned and started running. "He's not human!"

Kennedy snagged her around the middle and brought her back. "Relax, Marcie, he's just a water demon. A friendly sort. An ally of the Roma."

Marcie cast a wary glance at Deb, not at Mr. Waterman.

Kennedy dragged Marcie a dozen yards away. "They didn't tell you anything about anyone?"

"No, nothing. Just about Rosalie; I looked at her picture. She's supposed to marry the king. I can't believe that; she's almost my age! There's another girl here I know, her mother was a friend of my mother, and she's sort of looked after me since my mother died."

"Other than that, nothing?"

"No."

Kennedy saw past her, and saw Mr. Waterman drag Deb to the edge of the pier and all but throw her in the lake. "Row!" the command was a dull roar.

It was an instantaneous flashback, him picking up Deb and throwing her into the water. In that vision, Kennedy could see that Deb had been crying.

Kennedy swallowed, remembering Deb's "gift." Since she'd had one vision about Kennedy, it almost certainly had been a vision about Marcie. And the tears almost certainly indicated the nature of what she'd seen. Kennedy lifted her chin. She was batting .500 busting Deb's visions. Well, maybe .250. But she'd done it! What Deb saw wasn't entirely foreordained!

She walked over and tossed Mr. Waterman into the lake, then turned to Marcie. "Now, you toss me in. It's our get-acquainted ritual."

Marcie looked at Kennedy, the better part of a foot taller than she was. "Try," Kennedy suggested. Marcie gave a little push and Kennedy bounced up, out over the water. She had planned on a double spin, then a neat dive into the water. She'd finished the second rotation, and saw the other two standing waist-deep in the water as she started down.

Oops! She tucked into a ball and cannoned-balled into the water. When she came up, she saw that Marcie had been drenched. Good enough!

"What?" Marcie asked. "The old guys get dumped in the lake and the newbies get the lake dumped on them?"

"Something like that."

Mr. Waterman helped Marcie get into her scull, while Kennedy and Deb rowed a couple of hundred yards, keeping it easy. When they made the turn, Kennedy made a tight corner and slid in next to Deb.

"I'm not stupid," Kennedy told her. "I don't want to know, okay?"

"No, it's not okay. You have no idea how much I wish I could shut this off."

"Too much information, Deb! Surely you don't tell everyone everything you see."

"No, of course not. Never, actually. You, pretty much, are the only one. I told you what would happen if they ever found out."

"Well, watch yourself around Marcie. She's here to spy for the king."

"Oh, shit! She's a little kid!"

"And the king is a grown adult. Rosalie -- you know her?"

Deb shook her head.

"She's Roma as well. Her father has betrothed her to the king. The king is planning on using her to even a lot of scores. Her father is planning on bumping off the king, then his daughter, so he can be king in turn."

"And she's what?"

"Supposedly the strongest witch in a century."

"Oh, wonderful. Steffie's not bad."

"No, she's not. Could you see the word gets to Lauren?"

"Sure."

They returned to the dock and Marcie was making good progress. In a bit the four of them rowed in a row across, setting their pace to Marcie's. Then Mr. Waterman showed Marcie how to turn.

At least she didn't need the training wheels! Kennedy laughed at herself, trying to dispel her worries.

Then Mr. Waterman asked Deb to work with Marcie, while he and Kennedy went out on the lake for endurance training. "Kennedy not go faster than Waterman, okay?"

"Sure, no problem. I'll pace you," Kennedy told the demon.

"Good!"

They rowed a mile out into the lake. He watched her carefully, and when they turned to return he smiled. "Bought many more aspirin for Kennedy."

"We go this slow and there will be no need."

Of course slow was relative. The pace he'd set had been quite brisk.

"Other girl, she is Roma?"

"Yeah. Good things come in all sorts of packages. Do you get involved in Roma politics?"

He shook his head. "I do -- I die. That simple."

"Well, just be gentle with Marcie and be glad that you'll probably not be involved -- but she's a spy for the king."

Mr. Waterman looked at Kennedy. "My home, we drown spies."

"Well, she doesn't want to be a spy. It's that or they kill her father."

"Why tell me?"

"I understand you and Ferinc have made up. Is that widely known or private?"

He laughed. "Private. Ferinc too political. He not like king."

"Ferinc not like king even more now. The king wants to marry Ferinc's granddaughter; she is a strong witch."

"Ah! Ferinc's son-in-law is ... big fat idiot."

"Well, I just want you to know that there is a lot of politics here."

"Spies, potential queens. Yes."

"Not to mention there was a government spy. I sent her home last night."

"Waterman think he go California. Surf good in California."

"The spy went to California. I might need the help of a good man in the water. Thanks for what you did for Deb, by the way."

He looked at her, then shrugged. "Not many girls like others see her cry."

"Especially someone who'd figure out in a split second why she was crying."

"Too much politics," Mr. Waterman said sadly.

Kennedy just nodded.

He waved to his right, behind them. "Oh, look! More rowers!"

She turned to look and saw no one. When she turned back Mr. Waterman was ten yards away and accelerating. She dug in and passed him handily half way to the dock.

Still, he was right about the aspirin. When it came time for the next activity, Marcie was to go to tennis, while Deb and Kennedy had a free period. Marcie tugged on Kennedy's hand and Kennedy followed her a few feet away.

"Could I kiss you goodbye?" Marcie asked shyly.

"No," Kennedy said as tenderly as she could. "During the day, there could be guests, official visitors. So we are all good campers thinking good, healthy outdoorsy thoughts. Tonight there will be a campfire. I think you'll like that."

Marcie nodded, then smiled and scampered off towards the tennis courts. Kennedy rejoined Deb just as a young girl, one of those who assisted Lauren, appeared. "Lauren wants to see you two," she told them. She too ran ahead, as soon as the message was delivered.

"I've never understood how it is that Lauren can have so many willing assistants," Deb said as they took a more leisurely walk up the hill.

"The power of love," Kennedy said lightly.

"I guess. You and Marcie?"

"I guess. I explained a little this morning to her. Tonight, more. Then, maybe. She is cute."

"And a spy for the king."

"Who sought me out the first thing to tell me. I might add, she's smart. I think she wants to fail."

They arrived at Lauren's office and she looked at Deb. "How is Amy?"

"Kennedy talked to her last night. This morning she was much more relaxed. I think she's going to be fine."

"Anything else?"

"No, it looks like a nice bunch of girls."

"Good! That's particularly good news about Amy. That's all, unless you have something else?"

"Nope, I'm fine."

Deb left and Lauren waved at Kennedy to close the door.

"And how is it for you?"

"Well, let's see. One government spy sent packing."

"I owe you big time for that," Lauren said seriously. "We'll get back to that shortly."

"Well, then there's the king's intended bride."

"Ferinc is enraged. The only way that marriage is consummated is if he's dead."

"Yeah, I sort of figured. Then there's the spy the king sent to spy on Rosalie."

Lauren turned pale. "Another spy?"

"Yes. Marcie-I-don't-know-her-last-name."

"Rondo. Damn! She doesn't even look like Roma!"

"Well, she is. According to her, her father owes the king a great deal of money, and she either does this or the king does more than break her father's kneecaps."

"She's twelve!"

"Yeah. And has a crush on me."

There was a flash of a grin on Lauren's face. "Kennedy, you're a natural champion. Some people sense it; some people figure it out. It's who you are."

"Well, technically not yet. You understand if the day comes and I'm here, I'll be banging on your door a minute later and down the road a second after that?"

"I understand. Ferinc and I worked out a contingency plan as well."

"Well, as Mr. Waterman might say, 'this is a fine kettle of fish.'" Kennedy concluded.

Lauren reached out and pulled Kennedy close. "Just so you know, Kennedy, that I think you are a quite remarkable young lady for any number of reasons. One of those is my certainty that you're working towards a solution."

"Exactly. To be honest, what with one thing and another, I'm morally certain that when Marcie goes and reports back to the king, she and her father will vanish forever, as soon as he's sure she's done talking. I imagine, given that, the king might be fairly thorough in asking his questions."

Lauren nodded, her eyes hooded.

"I'd like to send an email later, if you have an internet hookup."

"Yes. It's not a great connection, but if it's short it won't be a problem. I'd appreciate it if you don't spread the word around that we have the ability to send and receive email."

"No problem. I'll give you more information on it as things progress. I'm aware I don't know who all on the staff are Roma. You, Deb, and Steffie are the only ones I know. I don't want to know more, but I'd appreciate it if you kept what I've said here from as many of them as you can."

"Of course." She smiled at Kennedy. "And how are you doing? Any issues besides the ones we've just talked about?"

"No, none."

"I understand you spent last night celibate."

"Yes. A one day flagellation. It's not my intention to repeat it."

She laughed. "There's an old saying. 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' You seem to have mastered that."

"I don't think she's an enemy; I think she's a helpless twig caught up in a raging river."

"Well, just be careful. And you're right -- I don't trust all of the Roma here."

She reached out and stroked Kennedy's face. "We have a few minutes. Would you like to spend them with me?"

Kennedy met her eyes. "I don't honestly know. My hormones say yes, my body says yes, my heart says yes and my head says you're as old as my mother."

"I've never forced anyone, ever," Lauren told her. "Some girls like the attentions of a mature woman; others don't. I have to say, most of those who don't are the ones like you -- confident, self-assured and secure in their persons."

She grinned. "Although I was hoping you were too horny to care right now."

"I'm teetering on the edge."

Lauren promptly applied some pressure to Kennedy's breasts, then between her legs. Then she knelt in front of Kennedy, pulled down her jeans and did something Kennedy had never heard of or imagined: went up on her. Instead of leaning down to kiss between her legs, Lauren leaned up.

They didn't have much time, but Lauren made the most of it. When Kennedy left, she had a new bounce in her step, and she was whistling an interesting piece of music -- and she'd sent an email to her father.

At lunch, Marcie sat next to her again, and Kennedy played footsie with her under the table. It was complicated, because two other girls were also trying to do the same thing, but they were sitting across from each other.

After lunch Kennedy was now one of Steffie's assistants, as was Cindy again. There were no laggards this time, although Marcie was part of the group, and she walked next to Kennedy the entire way.

At the landing, Steffie bade everyone rest, while she called Cindy and Kennedy off a short distance, but with a good view of the others.

"Cindy and I have been talking," Steffie told Kennedy.

"Okay," Kennedy said lightly.

"But, we also see you have a fan. Is that serious?"

Kennedy shrugged. "That depends on what you mean by serious. At least one night, maybe a couple."

"We'd like to get together with you some evening. The three of us."

Kennedy raised an eyebrow. "Me?"

"Yeah, you. I've kind of explained a few things to Cindy."

"Oh, that'll make you real popular; this might not have been the best year for it."

"Whatever. Kennedy, you have to know Roma politics go back a thousand or more years. If I put my personal life on hold for it, I'd be on hold forever."

"There's that," Kennedy agreed. "But still, I thought it wasn't something Lauren liked, having both counselors in the same cabin a couple. And I didn't think she liked threesomes."

"Heh! If you hint you might possibly be open to the idea, she'll have you in one in a New York minute with one of her girls. So long as we're discreet, no one cares."

"What about it?" Cindy asked. "I kinda admit to having a wet dream or two about you wrapping your legs around me. I was watching you and Mr. Waterman this morning. God! It would be so sexy!"

"How about a tentative yes?" Kennedy said, intrigued in spite of herself. After all, she'd let a woman her mother's age go down -- or up -- on her not that long before. "I need to be sure about Marcie."

"Marcie's sweet," Steffie told Kennedy. "She doesn't deserve any of the shit those bastards are dishing out."

"So, let me learn more, okay?"

"No problem."

"We need to get going," Cindy said pragmatically.

Kennedy nodded. Cindy leaned close. "And if your friend develops a limp, like with Ruby, you could stay behind with her."

She spoke the words rapidly, barely loud enough to hear. Kennedy grinned at her.

They'd walked a hundred yards or so, when Kennedy leaned close to Marcie's ear. "Count to twenty, then tell Steffie you have a rock in your boot."

Marcie looked at her, shrugged and nodded.

Sure enough she said it and sure enough, Steffie told Kennedy to wait with her to make sure she was okay. In a few seconds the others were out of sight.

"There's nothing wrong with my boot," Marcie said.

"Marcie, the girls here at camp have been doing this for years. There are all kinds of excuses they use to get some time alone with someone." Kennedy leaned close and kissed Marcie.

Marcie was at least as shy and inexperienced as Kennedy had been a year before. Kennedy wasn't sure why that was erotic, but it was. She kissed harder and Marcie did her best to kiss back.

Kennedy didn't let it go too long, before she pulled back, and started walking hand and hand with Marcie. "I have a question for you," Kennedy asked her. "Do you know what I mean when I say butterfly, Carnival girl, nester?"

"No."

"A Carnival girl is someone who makes love to a partner as if there is no tomorrow. And, most commonly, there isn't a tomorrow, because she finds someone new the next day -- or even that same day. A butterfly is similar, but she stays around for a couple of days, then moves on. There is another kind, and I've never heard a name for it, but she and another girl hook up for camp, and then kiss goodbye and never see each other again. A nester is one who mates permanently. Amy is like that, or at least she was. Last year, she kept to herself, because her girlfriend couldn't come to camp."

"Oh. What kind of girl are you?"

"Mostly a Carnival girl. Although I did try to nest last year. To be honest, Marcie, I'm more interested in my partner's happiness ... although being my girlfriend for more than a few days can be hazardous to your health."

"I don't know what I am. It's hard to imagine -- doing that -- and then just walking away."

"Speaking from experience, the first time I went with someone else I felt like I was betraying a couple of people I'd promised. But they understood, because they had the same urges I did.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.