Getting Away
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2007 by sam177

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 4 - A young woman still grieving the loss of her loved ones goes on a trip to try to recover. She doesn't know just how far she will go. I'll update codes when I get there.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Science Fiction   Time Travel   First   Masturbation   Slow  

Tuesday, August 6

Well, I'm on my way. I'm writing this from a rest stop somewhere in the middle of California. We've stopped to stretch and move around a bit, as we're all getting stiff from the long drive. I'm not sure if we'll continue today, or stay here and arrive at the RV camp in the morning. We might have been there already, but we got a late start. Shelly's family came over to see us off. I think that was nice of them. I miss them already.

When Dad and Charlene gently woke me early this morning, I was surprised to find I that I was lying on my bed still dressed from the day before. I guess I'd cried myself to sleep, Dad had carried me up here, and Charlene got me into bed. She'd taken my shoes off, put them by the door, and then covered me with a light blanket.

I sat up, thanking her for taking care of me, and tried to apologize for being a burden, but she cut me off by kissing my cheek and saying, "Take your time getting ready, Dear, I'll have breakfast waiting for you when you come down. Any requests?"

I shook my head. "Cereal is ok."

"Ok, cereal it is then. Any toast?"

"Ok."

Charlene gave me a smile and went downstairs. I rummaged through what was left of my clothes. There weren't many; most of my clothes were in the trailer. I pulled out a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, along with socks and underwear, of course.

It was still a little cold out for shorts, but one thing about Henry is that once he's running, he's warm. With the heater on, he's toasty warm. There've been times when it's raining that I've had to open the window, as it was too warm inside, and that was with just the blower on low. With the heater on, I could be completely soaked getting in and totally dry when I got home.

Of course his air conditioner is the really old fashioned kind -- roll down the window and drive fast. He does have a little fan that plugs into the cigarette lighter though. Dad picked it up somewhere. It helps a lot, as the other window is so far away that I can't feel the breeze much. Well, I can feel the wind from the vent window, but I can't reach over and open it while I'm driving, which is why I chose to wear shorts. I figured that once we got south a ways, it would get really warm, and I'd be glad I was wearing shorts instead of jeans. I am, it's really hot outside!

Anyway, I got some clothes and headed for the bathroom, took a quick shower and brushed my teeth and hair. Then I hunted up a couple of travel bags, a suitcase, and a couple old back packs and duffel bags and loaded the rest of my clothes, along with a few other things I decided to bring, into them. I might as well use Dad's luggage rack, since he went to the trouble of putting it on Henry.

I hurried to take everything downstairs, and then joined Dad and Charlene for breakfast. When dad saw the bags by the door he rolled his eyes and shook his head. Charlene smacked him on the arm. He pretended to be all hurt, saying, "OW! What was that for? I didn't say anything."

"No, but you were thinking it," Charlene replied, and then fed Dad some toast.

I sat down, grabbed a slice, and started putting my great grandpa's plum jelly on it. I love his plum jelly. It's not actually his, since grandma made it, but it's from his recipe and the plums came from his tree, so it's his jelly. I'm taking several jars with me.

I'd just taken a bite when the doorbell rang. Since Dad and Charlene were busy and I was closer, I got up to answer it. I was totally surprised to find Sue in the doorway. She looked totally ticked off, and as soon as she saw me she let me have it.

"How dare you leave without saying goodbye to me!" she yelled.

I apologized. "I'm sorry, Sue, I tried, but you were at work."

"That's no excuse! You could have come by work, or come by the house sooner! Do you hate me that much not to say goodbye?" She broke down crying.

I started crying. I pulled her into a hug. "Oh, Sue, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I wanted to, but thought you hated me." I really had since she's avoided me so much since I came home.

"You idiot." She sobbed. "I don't hate you, I just didn't know what to say."

"I didn't either."

"I don't want you to go."

"I'm sorry. I'll be back though, and I'll call and write while I'm gone."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Sue pulled back to look at me and, after a bit, nodded. Then she hugged me fiercely. "Please take care of yourself. You're the only sister I have left. I don't want to lose you too."

I was shocked by her admission, since we hadn't been super close. I was also deeply touched, as I'd always enjoyed her company. We did have a good relationship, I just wasn't as close to her as I was to Shelly. I suppose our ages have something to do with that. In a way, I kind of felt like she was the little sister I never had. I guess she felt the same. It was kind of nice, really.

I hugged her back and told her, "I love you."

I felt her nod and then she broke free and ran. I called after her, but she kept running. Crying, I turned and walked right into Charlene and Daddy's waiting arms.

About an hour later, we were putting the last things in Henry. Dad was standing on top of Henry's cargo boxes in the back putting my luggage in the rack. Charlene and I were handing them up to him when Shelly's family came up.

I was surprised to see them. What was more surprising was that they were all carrying some things with them. Well, Sue was dragging, but you know what I mean. Dad waved and said, "Good morning!" Charlene and I echoed him. I a bit more quietly.

Shelly's parents said, "Good morning." And then Stephanie said, "I hope you don't mind, we brought some things for your trip. We wanted to make it a little easier for you."

I was surprised and touched by that. I was even more surprised when Dan handed me a tiny travel refrigerator about the size of a large igloo cooler. It could be plugged into the wall or into a car's cigarette lighter. I'd tried to refuse, but Stephanie had already packed me a lunch. Not knowing what else to say, I said, "Um, thank you"

Then she handed me a cooler the same size as the fridge, saying, "And here're some munchies if you get the nibbles. Sue dragged a large cooler over next. It was the kind with a handle on one end and wheels on the other. Sullenly, she said, "Here," and took off.

I called out to her, but Stephanie put her hand on my arm. "Don't mind Sue, Dear. She's just a little out of sorts. She cares about you a lot, we all do."

I nodded and hugged her. Then, I said, "Thank you." I think she knew I meant for more than just the food.

She gave me a warm smile. "I hope you enjoy them, Dear."

Nodding, I said, "I will, but won't you need these?" Indicating the tiny fridge and the coolers.

Stephanie waved off my concern. "It's alright, just bring them back when you return home."

I nodded, and hugged her again. Then I hugged and thanked Dan. They both hugged me back and told me to have a good trip. Stephanie then asked again about where I was going. Charlene said she'd make her a copy of the print-out she'd made, and a map. They went inside talking about it. Dad and Dan got to talking about motor homes, and Dad took him over to show him the one he'd rented.

While they did that. I started moving things on Henry's back seat to make room for the coolers. I piled a lot of stuff behind the driver's side to make room for the large cooler. Then I went in the front to move my portable player and my backpack. I was surprised to see this strange plastic box on the floorboard. It was raised in the middle. On the front on the left was a control panel with on & off buttons. Two fans with grills over them were in the middle of the raised part. There was an opening in the top. When I looked in I saw it was full of ice. My eyes widened as I realized it was an air conditioner. It looked old, and I'd never seen it before. I still wonder where Dad got it. I hope he hadn't gone out and bought it for me. He's already done so much.

I was putting in the tiny fridge when I heard Sue hesitantly call my name. I turned around and saw that she had her arms full.

"Here, I thought you might want these."

"What are they?" I asked.

Sue had an armload of disks with various movies, music, and games on them along with a couple of books. I recognized some of them as Shelly's, but I also knew some of them were Sue's. She also had a backpack with some of Shelly's clothes and other personal items, including a stuffed bunny Sue had given Shelly when we'd left for college, plus a couple small photo albums. Sue also had one of the blankets that Mom had made for Shelly over her shoulder.

I had tears in my eyes when I saw them. I shook my head and told her I couldn't take them with me. I knew how much they all meant to her.

"Please. That way I'd feel like I'm with you."

She'd done the same thing for Shelly and me when we'd gone to college, only then she hadn't given me quite so much. Just a picture disk and a stuffed bear. They're both in the trailer, next to Shelly's bunny.

I hugged her, and told her she'd always be with me.

We both had tears in our eyes when I agreed to take them with me. I also agreed that she could visit on holidays if I didn't visit her first. She followed me into the trailer to help me find places to put them. When I went up to the bedroom, I saw that Dad had put in the little bookcase he'd made me, and that it was already full of books. I wondered where the books had come from, as the bags from the library were still full. I put the blanket and backpack on the other bed. I put Shelly's bunny on my pillow. Sitting on my bunk, I opened the left drawer on the other bunk and found where the books had come from -- photo albums and home movies had replaced them. I gently ran my fingertips over one of the albums, and then pushed the drawer closed. I knew that I'd really start crying if I looked at them. I put the disks Sue gave me under Shelly's blanket, and went back down.

Sue was looking around at all the players and my computer in the dining room. When I joined her, I saw that Dad had put in the computer battery and other stuff he'd gotten. We were still looking when Dad called for us. Dan had to leave for work, and said we needed to get going. I made a quick tour of the house to make sure I had everything. Charlene was doing the same thing. Not seeing anything I'd forgotten, I went outside to help finish loading Henry. Dad and Dan already had it done. Dad was just finishing tying it all down under a plastic tarp when I came out. I was a little concerned, as the tarp actually went into the space under the windbreak, but dad told me it would be ok. So far, it has been.

Dad made a walk-through of the house and locked up. Then he made sure the trailer was ready to go. Shelly's parent's said they'd keep an eye on the place for us. Charlene and Dad gave them hugs too. Well, he and Dan shook hands and slapped each other's shoulders instead of hugged. I guess it's a guy thing. I gave Shelly's family a hug and thanked them again, promising to call as soon as I'd gotten to the RV Park. Then I got into Henry and fired him up. Dad and Dan helped me pull out of the driveway. I waited for a bit, until Dad started up the motor home, then started down the street. At the end of the street, I leaned out and waved at Shelly's family, and they waved back. I looked back in the mirror and felt a pang in my heart. I felt like I wouldn't see them or my home again.

I do have to laugh a little, though. When we passed Mrs. Rosenbloom's I saw her peeking out the window. She looked like she was sighing with relief that we were leaving. I can't help hoping Dad and Charlene give her a hard time later. I know it's mean of me, but I can't help it.

The driving was ok, mostly boring. There was one scare, though, when a little car cut me off to get off the freeway. I'd stomped on the brakes and I, and everything on the seats, went forward. I let up and got pushed back into the seat. Dad called over the CB, "You ok, Honey?"

"Yeah, I think so," I replied. "I just got cut off."

"I noticed."

"Did you have something done with Henry's brakes? They grab a lot better than they did last time."

"No, but I had the brakes on the trailer fixed."

I didn't have a reply for that. I was stunned. He'd had me drive around with a trailer with bad brakes.

"You got the brakes fixed?"

"Yep, don't worry, Henry's brakes were strong enough without them, but the extra braking power will help. Just remember, you're still going to need extra space to stop. Keep going the way you have been and you'll be fine."

Yeah, I thought, And you didn't tell me earlier why?

"Okay" I said, slowly. I wasn't sure if I should be thankful or angry about it.

The rest of the ride was mostly ok, mostly long and dull. I listened to some music and talked with Charlene and Dad some on the radio. Every now and then, we'd stop and stretch. The second time we stopped, it was getting warm, so I dug a scrunchy out of my backpack and put my hair up in a ponytail to get my hair off the back of my neck. Then I turned the old air conditioner on that Dad had put in Henry. It didn't work that well, but it was better than nothing. Still, by lunchtime it was hot and all the ice was gone. I was driving with the window all the way down, the little vent window open, and the fan plugged in and whirring away. Even with shorts, open windows, and the fan, I was still hot and sweaty. My left arm was also turning pink. I felt yucky.

When we stopped for lunch, I made a quick trip into a store for sun block while Dad and Charlene went into a Jack In The Box to get lunch. I couldn't believe I was going to the beach and I hadn't brought sun block. Then again, when I do go to the beach, it usually isn't to work on my tan. I went into the trailer after I bought the sun block. I took off my yucky t-shirt and washed some of the grime off in the sink. After drying off, I put on more Secret, and then slathered lots of sun block on all over. That's when I realized I needed a clothes hamper. I went up to the bedroom, put on a tank top and a ball cap, and made another trip back to the store. They didn't have any, so I got a small plastic trashcan that would work.

By that time, Dad and Charlene had gotten lunch and were waving me over to join them. I put the can in the bathroom, washed my hands and, after locking up, went to join them. I broke out in goose bumps and shivered when I went inside. Now, I understand the need for air conditioning. I don't like melting in the heat either, but why do restaurants need to set it at 40 below? I felt like I was in the freezer aisle of the supermarket. I wanted to go back and get a sweater, except that I knew, now that I'd been flash frozen, the heat would be even more oppressive. Crossing my arms over myself and rubbing my arms, I went to join Dad and Charlene.

They'd ordered me a kid's meal, which was ok with me. All I wanted was a burger, fries, and a coke anyway. The smaller kid's cup didn't matter any, as the refills were free. Besides I got a cute little tub of playdoh. I don't know what I'll do with it, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

As I ate, I did feel kind of guilty that I wasn't eating Stephanie's lunch. I can always eat it tomorrow though. I suppose I shouldn't feel too guilty though. I did drain all the drinks in the little fridge and the small cooler. I think I'd sweated it all out though. Normally, I'd have had to go after drinking that much and I haven't needed too.

After lunch and a pit stop, I went back to the store for some ice. I did not like going out again after being in the cool. As I opened the door, this wave of heat hit me. I took a step back as beads of sweat broke out all over.

I went to the store and got a bag of ice. I put some in the air conditioner and the rest in the little cooler. Then I looked in the big cooler. Along with soda, ice and water there were three gallon jugs, filled with water, lemonade, and tea. I went in and got a sports bottle. My little cup of soda wouldn't last long in this heat (It didn't). I asked Dad and Charlene if they wanted some. They had large drinks from inside, though, so they said they'd wait. I couldn't help thinking, Good, more for me. I know it was a bit selfish of me, but Stephanie makes great lemonade. And it's fresh squeezed from lemons off a tree in her back yard. Besides, they had their sodas.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.