Lost: Princess Of Buya - Reward!
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2007 by GLSGareth

After my talk with the Smith, Morgan's office was easy to find... I merely looked for the biggest one. Not surprisingly, the Secretary had a secretary. She looked me up and down.

"May I help you?" She asked, "Lord Morgan frowns at beggars."

"How about that?" I smiled at the snooty reception, genuinely surprised, "I guess I have something in common with him after all! I frown at beggars, too. Then I give them a few coins."

I tapped my full purse, producing the unmistakable clink of gold coins.

"My name is Gareth, and I have an appointment," I said, "But if you would rather tell Morgan that you sent me away, thinking I was a beggar..."

"Lord Gareth!" She quickly got to her feet and bowed, "Of course I recognized you! I was merely teasing you about your quaint choice of wearing Peasant robes! I guess you must get bothered by a lot of people who know who you are?"

Not really, I thought, smiling at her. Who even knows who I am?

"Lord Morgan is expecting you," she said, regaining some composure, "Please go right in."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.