Extreme Makeover
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2007 by NickB

"YOU DID WHAT?" asked Don, the head fairy Godfather through gritted teeth as Cedric and Stephen stood before him like two schoolboys before the headmaster. "What were you doing casting spells alone?"

"Well, he wished." said Cedric, shrugging, his fake fairy wings fluttering gently as he did so.

"It was a mistake, sir." said Stephen quickly stamping on Cedric's foot, who suppressed a squeal. "I should have been there."

"It's a bit more than a simple mistake don't you think?" asked Don, his face already flame red, the veins on his neck standing out like heavy-duty industrial drainage pipes. "A mistake is turning the onion into a red carriage and not a blue one or giving someone a white tuxedo instead of a black one. This is a... a... I don't even know what to call this."

"Travesty?" offered Stephen helpfully.

"This is really bad alright." said Don returning to his seat and drawing himself up to the desk. "How's he taking it?"

"Not too well." said Stephen. "He wasn't terribly impressed and wanted us to change him back there and then."

"I'm not surprised." said Don from behind his large oak desk. "You didn't try did you?"

"I explained why we couldn't do that."

"I presume you put the usual blockage spell into force."

"We did." said Stephen, beaming at having got that right. "I told him we couldn't change him back but told him that we would put a spell in place so that people wouldn't know he hadn't always been that way."

"Good, good!" said Don relaxing back into his chair. "And his name now?" he asked.

"Gary."

"Yes, I know what his name was. I asked what it is now."

"Gary." said Stephen, his voice wavering slightly at the end of the second syllable as he realised that he had forgotten this part.

Don's face started to redden again, the veins standing from his neck as he clasped his face in his hands. This time, the older man was starting to shake noticeably. Cedric and Stephen started to shuffle towards the door.

"Ye Gods!" he exclaimed.

"He didn't ask us to change it, Don." said Stephen defensively.

"He shouldn't have needed to ask, you bloody idiots. He didn't ask to be changed at all. You should have got this right. After all, just how many women do you know called Gary?"

"Well, not 'Gary', but there is Arnold and Rudolph." offered Cedric starting to count some off on his stubby little fingers.

"Who?" asked Don.

"Arnold and Rudolph. They like to be called Candy and Jasmine at the weekends."

"Real women." said Don shaking his head.

"Ah." said Cedric, shoving his hands behind his back. "Sorry."

"I'll take care of it." said Stephen.

"You'd better. I don't want to have to call in the Godmothers. We'll never hear the end of it."

"You can rely on us, sir!" said Stephen enthusiastically.

"I bloody-well hope so. I'll be watching you two and woe betides you if you screw this one up."


Gary awoke with sunlight streaming through the bedroom window, the memory of a strange dream in her head. She shuffled to the bathroom and sat on the toilet, rubbing her eyes and trying to remember details. Next thing she knew was out of the corner of her eye she caught a flash and as she turned her head, she saw Stephen.

"Argh!" she cried, jumping up and displaying her totally naked body to the skinny man. "Don't you ever knock?"

"Arrrgh!" shouted Stephen jumping back and covering his eyes.

"Arrrrrrrrrgh!" shouted Cedric, dropping into the bathroom from just below the ceiling, crashing down into the middle of the floor. "Bugger!"

"Oh my G... It's all real." said Gary, clasping her head in her hands.

"I'm afraid so." said Stephen, sympathetically. "Um, you might want to put something on." He threw a towel to Gary who tried in vain to cover herself before both realised it was only a hand towel and barely covered her breasts. Stephen picked a bath towel off the rack and threw that one over.

"Thanks. You really need to do something about him. He's either going to hurt himself or someone else."

"I know. I'll get to that later. Meanwhile, we have something else to attend to."

"What's that?" asked Gary.

"Your name." said Stephen, once again flicking through the pages on the clipboard.

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's er, hardly fitting is it?" said Stephen looking suggestively up and down Gary's new body as she wrapped the towel around her.

"Oh... Er, no. I suppose not."

They all hushed as footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs.

"Is everything alright in there?" said a very concerned Val from outside the door.

"Yes; yes, it's fine. I'll be out in a minute." said Gary. She turned to the two fairy Godfathers in the room and whispered "Whatever you've got to do, you'd better do it now and do it quietly."

"Do you have a favourite?" asked Stephen in a low whisper.

"Favourite what?" quizzed Gary, screwing up her face in consternation.

"Name. Try and keep up, we haven't much time."

"Listen Stephen, I've had this name for over thirty years now. I've never even had to think about another."

"Yes, well, it's not good enough at the moment. Perhaps if your name was Tracy or Dana or something else that can easily be feminised if it isn't already kind of unisex, but Gary? It's already difficult enough as it is."

"Alright, alright now shush. Let me think." said Gary holding her hands up. She thought for a moment, but it's one of those things that unbidden, names and other words stroll around in the brain all the time. You want one of them and they all seem to hide under rocks and such. Moments later Gary made a decision.

"Angela."

"Angela? Are you sure?" said Cedric, not entirely convinced.

"It's the best I can do at short notice. Not only that, but my mind sort of went blank. It's all I could think of."

"I think it's splendid!" whispered Stephen with a grin.

"I'm not sure." said Cedric, his index finger on his lips and looking thoughtful. "I mean, he doesn't look much like an Angela does he?"

"It's 'she' and Angela's Fine!" said Stephen through clenched teeth. "Now quiet; I'll deal with you later."

"Oooooh! Don't get your knickers in a twist luvvie. I wasn't the one who forgot the name was I?"

"No you're just the one who got us into this mess in the first place." said Stephen, clapping his hand over Cedric's mouth before he could say anything more and the two of them vanished.


"Your tea's getting cold Angie. Are you going to be long?" Angela turned and looked at the bathroom door in wonder. It had worked. The two strange men had actually done it, though she supposed that compared to the sex change, changing someone's name was a walk in the park. The sound of it coming from Val's lips though, made it sound so much more real somehow.

"Just coming." she called and took off the towel, wandering naked into the bedroom. She was self conscious about it, but she figured that Val would think nothing of it.

"Good morning." said Val, leaning towards Angie for a good morning kiss.

"Morning you." said Angie as their lips met.

It wasn't passionate, well not particularly and as they pulled apart, there was a strange look on Val's face. It was kind of enquiring, if not incomprehension, something just short. Angie couldn't quite work out what 'that' look meant and she wasn't exactly encouraged by it. She just fobbed it off as her being slightly out of sorts, after all, a lot had happened in a very short space of time and it was only to be expected that she wasn't going to be one hundred percent, plus she was having to put all her trust in two people that thus far had been anything but successful in their endeavours.

Things settled down as the two women drank their morning cuppa and chatted. At the end, Angie was starting to feel a little more relaxed. When they embraced, Angie's heart went into overdrive. She had an idea of how this was going to go, how she was going to feel and had been looking forward to it.

Let's give them some privacy at this point shall we? I mean, it's bad enough that they should be being watched when they weren't expecting it, by two inept fairy Godfathers let alone the tens of thousands of you out there. So can we skip the heavy breathing and things that you wouldn't be comfortable telling your mothers, to meet up with them afterwards, admitting only that Angie was not disappointed.

Val showered first, leaving Angie with another silly grin on her face, thinking that if the last um, while (I'm not going to tell you how long it lasted) was anything to go by, being a girl may not be so bad after all. All those things she had considered as being negatives were melting away as the warm glow of her and Val together re-ran through her mind; the closeness, the tenderness, the lack of hurriedness and the gentleness all culminating in something that ordinarily Angie would have considered would only have been achieved in a drug induced state.

"It's all yours." said Val as she returned from the bathroom to dress, still drying her hair with a towel. Angie showered and by the time she had finished and dressed in jeans and t-shirt, Val was already downstairs.

Angie made some coffee and sat at the table with Val who was looking somewhat distracted for some reason.

"Is it something I've done?" said Angie, worried that the spell had been broken and suddenly Val knew what was happening.

"No." she said, looking at Angie with distant eyes. "Nothing you've done. I don't know I just feel a little out of sorts."

They drank their coffee in near silence, Angie not knowing what to say to the one person in the world that she really needed to be supportive. Of course with the drama of the previous few hours, it was only to be expected that she would be apprehensive, but nevertheless, she put on a brave face, smiled at Val a lot and the two of them prepared to go to see Lynn, Val's mum.


Lynn was typically A-typical. She was not the mother-in-law from hell that so many men complain about. If anything, she was completely the opposite. She was kind and understanding, even when they were going through rough patches. When they got to Lynn's, Angie was nearly petrified. She knew that if anyone would be able to see through this obvious deception, she would.

"Come in, it's good to see you both." she said, kissing each of them on each cheek before leading them through to the lounge.

They enjoyed a good old chinwag and for possibly the first time in all the years they had been together, Angie didn't feel like a fifth wheel. Perhaps it was this new female form, giving her more of a predisposition towards more feminine forms of chatter. Whatever it was, she felt more at home at that moment than at any other time.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.