Flowers For Sarah - Cover

Flowers For Sarah

Copyright© 2007 by Amanda Pierce

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - A May/December story of love and heartbreak.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Coercion   Heterosexual   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Anal Sex  

Michael tired several times over the next few weeks to contact Sarah. He send flowers with notes asking to see her. He went by her house, but she refused to answer the door. He called but she did not answer.

Finally one evening, he dialed her number as he had done scores, perhaps hundreds of times since that fateful night. After several rings he was almost ready to hang up when the receiver on the other end was picked up.

"McKinney residence."

"Sarah, it's Michael, please don't hang up."

"Michael, I'm sorry. there just isn't anything left to say. This has all been my fault. The foolish emotions of an old woman."

"I love you, Sarah."

"Perhaps you do, Michael. But I..." she hid the fact that her voice choked a bit. "I... can no longer love you. You're a wonderful man. You have your whole life to look forward to. Don't waste it on a lost cause."

"Lost cause? But a few weeks ago you were willing to have me move in, share a life with..."

"It was a foolish fantasy. I should have known it could never be. I've accepted it now, Michael. You need to do the same — and move on."

Michael could not see Sarah's heart aching as she spoke the words.

"We can still..."

"No, we can't. My live is here with Charlie. I lost sight of that and I hurt him, Michael. I broke his heart."

"Is he all right?"

"Physically he's healthy. But his eyes, Michael; When I look into them I see only pain and anguish. He remembers, Michael. He may not remember much else, but he remembers how I betrayed him."

"But couldn't we..."

"There is no we anymore, Michael. It was wonderful, I can't deny that. But the dream is over. Now we must return to reality. You must go about your life and I must go about mine — separately."

"Is there nothing I can say... ?"

"Nothing."

"Then this is good-bye?"

"Yes, Michael. Good-bye."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

The line went dead and he fought the tears.

He never saw or heard from her again.

Michael finished the semester, but transferred to a mid-western college where he finished his degree. After graduation he found a position with a firm in Chicago. It was there he met Missy and after a two year engagement they were married. Tim and Christy followed within the next three years.

He had often thought back to Sarah and their relationship wondering how she was. His thoughts of her now were no longer passionate, but of both a fond and melancholy nature. He had to admit that Sarah, despite breaking his heart, had taught him about life, love and commitment. He often thought that if he could be half the husband to Missy that Sarah was wife to Charlie, then his would be a worthwhile life. Missy, as much as she loved him and as beautiful and intelligent as she was, needed him on a deep emotional level. Her insecurities would surface now and then and because of Sarah, he was always able to reassure her with a commitment born of the knowledge he had gleaned those many years ago. He would never stray. Not that there hadn't been opportunities. Attractive women at work and on business trips who let it be known in subtle and not so subtle ways that they were interested, had each and every one been either ignored or politely rebuffed. Missy was his and he was hers. His family came first and foremost and always would.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.