The Overlords' Gambit - Cover

The Overlords' Gambit

Copyright© 2007 by A Strange Geek

Chapter 30

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 30 - Amanda finds that life on Narlass is never going to be as simple as she hopes. The intrigue and conspiracy are far from over, and she will be pulled into events that go beyond what she had ever imagined. The Overlords plot to take down an Emperor, but he is forewarned. And now the Nobility are poised to step into the fray. Is civil war on the horizon? As for the merchant Jollis, he seems to have his OWN agenda.<br>Note: 3rd story in the Narlass series. You should read the previous stories.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Romantic   Magic   Slavery   Fiction   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Spanking   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

Thus in a relatively short span of time, the Monarchists had managed to recover from the shock of the initial attack of the Republicans and battle the enemy back to a relative parity in strength and territory. However, they were stymied in their attempts to bring the war to an end.

The problem was that the parity was present only overall. In terms of dispositions of individual branches of the armed forces, there was disparity, but opposite for each. The Monarchists had achieved an edge on the ground, but the Republicans still commanded the seas.

The Monarchists were wary of attempting to strike a knockout blow on land for fear of their fleets being decimated at sea as they had at the dark days of the start of the war. Likewise, the Republicans could not overwhelm the Monarchist navy without having secured enough ports to support their efforts.

It was the Republicans that finally decided to break the stalemate.

Knowing that control of the major ports was crucial to victory, both on sea and as a new foothold on the continent to reinforce their beleaguered soldiers there, the Republicans chose to commit everything they had in a single massive assault on the port at Selemas. But to secure this, they first had to neutralize its defenses, namely the fortress just to the south named Selemas Keep.

In retrospect, this strategy looked better on parchment than in reality. The Keep had several natural defenses. It was located deep inside a wide cove with shallow waters. Ships coming in for an initial barrage to soften up the Keep would have limited mobility were they seriously contested at sea, and they had to launch their troop barges from quite a distance, leaving them vulnerable to long-range fire from the Keep.

But the strategic importance of Selemas was unquestioned. If it could be successfully taken, the Republicans had a chance for victory.

The Republicans can be admired for the way in which they managed to keep their plans secret. No Monarchist spy managed to get hold of any information even hinting at an operation against Selemas. But one late spring morning, when ships belonging to the fleet commanded by Lord Admiral Monas V'oklon sighted the Republican fleet less than four days out from the Selemas coast, it was immediately clear that a major attack was about to commence.

The Lord Admiral had managed to catch the Republicans by surprise, before the enemy knew of his total strength. He had enough heavy capital ships with him that an assault against the Monarchist force would have inflicted appreciable damage, though likely at the cost of many casualties on his side. It would be enough to disrupt whatever operation they were planning.

Moreover, the Lord Admiral had more personal reasons to engage the Republicans. The Republican fleet was flying the colors of Admiral Kyros Urronus, the Republican admiral that had routed the Monarchists at the Battle of Keyas Inlet. During that battle, the Lord Admiral's son had been captured and murdered by Urronus. The Lord Admiral was understandably interested in revenge.

But the Lord Admiral knew he had a greater duty to perform. He put aside his vendetta and sent an urgent Farview to Selemas Keep. He was ordered to not reveal his strength and withdraw immediately from contact with the enemy. The Lord Admiral performed his duty despite his personal feelings in the matter.

The result was that when the Republicans engaged the Monarchists at Selemas, the Keep's defenses were even more powerful than before thanks to the warning they received. Soon after the Republicans launched their invasion barges, the Lord Admiral had returned with reinforcements.

This is what the plan had been all along for defending Selemas Keep: entice the enemy into an indefensible position at sea, and hope that the ground forces were strong enough to repulse a landing. Lord Admiral V'oklon had not been informed of these plans until the attack began, as they had been held in complete secrecy to avoid discovery by Republican spies.

As had been hoped, the numerically superior Republican fleet was boxed in and their firepower split between protecting the barges and holding off the Monarchist navy. As a result, the Monarchists inflicted severe damage on the Republican fleet. By the time the Republicans managed to break out of the cove, their numbers had been cut down so badly that they no longer enjoyed a numeric advantage.

The result was victory for the Monarchists. The Republican fleet was all but utterly destroyed. The invasion force was defeated in bloody hand-to-hand fighting on the beach, having to fight their battle alone with the navies of both sides already engaged.

Thus in one climactic battle, the Republicans were eliminated as a further obstacle to Oceanus union. It was the last time that Monarchist power had been contested in Oceanus.


Amanda looked up from the parchment, letting go a heavy sigh as she finally reached the end of her research. It was only then that she realized she was shivering.

The day had dawned gray and overcast, and soon after Amanda had arrived at the library that morning, it had started to rain. It was not a heavy rain, but the wind was blowing, and no one had yet closed the shutters. Each time the breeze blew, she was swathed in cold mist that caused goosebumps to rise on her naked body.

"Oh my!"

Amanda jerked her head around at the exclamation in time to see Warlos dash in as fast as his aging frame would allow him.

"I am terribly sorry, Amanda, that was so thoughtless of me!" he cried as he reached the window.

"Oh, no, it's okay, Master, I was just about finished," Amanda said.

But Warlos had already leaned out of the high window to grab for the shutter. Only it was a little too high for him, and his feet left the floor. Amanda gasped and bolted out of her seat. She made it over to him just as he started to flail his arms. She grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back in.

Warlos fell back to his feet with a thump, his legs nearly giving out from under him. One hand held his chest as he panted. "Oh my... I nearly had a nasty spill there, didn't I?"

"Are you all right, Master?" Amanda asked with genuine concern.

Warlos smiled at her. "I am quite all right, my dear. Thank you, I am quite indebted to you."

Amanda smiled.

Warlos looked from her to the parchments on the table and back again. "Did you say you were finished?" he asked in amazement.

"Yes, Master. I just finished reading the scroll that described the Battle of Selemas Keep itself and the conclusion of the Founding War."

"Really? You know, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that you're one up on me now."

"Pardon?"

"I have never read about the battle myself. Oh, I know when it happened and what the significance was. Every good Oceanus citizen does. But I never learned about the disposition of the battle itself."

Amanda's smile widened. "Later this evening, I would be happy to repeat to you what I learned."

Warlos gave her an odd look. "This evening?"

"Yes, Master. I am done with my research, and Master Duric granted your wish to make use of me for an evening. For tonight, I will be your slave."

Warlos' eyes widened, as did his smile. "Did he? I... I'm honored! Oh, and, yes, I suppose telling me what you learned would be a better use of time than, um, anything else..."

"I will do whatever you wish of me, Master. If you wish to have sex with me, I will be happy to oblige."

For once in a long while, Amanda was serious. She really found Warlos to be a nice man, something that seemed such a rarity on Narlass, save for Jollis. She had no idea what his sexual capabilities were at his age, but if he were capable, she was willing. It would not be just a duty to her.

"I just don't want to disappoint you, my dear..."

"You won't, Master. Shall I see you after dusk?"

"Oh, yes, that would be fine. Oh, but wait, won't Rallas wish you this evening?"

"He will. But Master Duric allowed me to prefer you over him."

"Oh! Um..." Warlos looked a bit nervous. In a lower voice he said, leaning in as he did so, "I would not want to get him angry. He is... rather difficult to be around when he is angry."

Amanda was well aware of this. For a second time the other night, Rallas had nearly discovered her in Farview with Jollis. The impression that Amanda got was that Rallas was intending to seriously punish her on the last night for all her perceived slights. She was going to take maximum advantage of her liberal interpretation of Duric's words to avoid it.

"It will be okay, Master Warlos," Amanda said firmly. "Please trust me in this."

"You are quite the remarkable young woman, Amanda. Nothing at all like I thought a slave would be. Well, nothing like other slaves I have seen, that is."

Amanda wanted to ask what Warlos meant by that but was afraid of the answer. She was growing increasingly wary that her theory about slaves having a slightly lower intelligence level was a correct one. She did not want any more confirmation of this. More importantly, she did not want to have to start thinking of Sirinna along those same lines.

Her heart ached. She still missed Sirinna terribly. And Jollis as well.

"I simply want to please you, Master, that's all," said Amanda. "I'll come by this evening. I will need to inform Master Rallas that I will not be with him tonight."

Warlos nodded and smiled. "Thank you. And thank your Master for me as well. I will be looking forward to it."

"I should get back to Master Duric. I told him I would return to him as soon as I was done here."

"Of course. I will see you later, Amanda."

"Yes, Master."

Warlos waved and watched her leave. He picked up the scrolls she had left behind and clutched them to his chest, his eyes turning back just in time to see Amanda disappear out of the wing. He sighed, feeling both elated and a little foolish. He was not sure what had possessed him to ask for her services. He hoped she would not be too terribly disappointed.


"My Lord, I must protest this in the extreme!" cried Farro as he raced down the corridor to keep up with his sovereign.

Lord Duric sighed and finally stopped. "I didn't leave it open to debate," he said flatly.

"The army is not ready!"

"You have been saying that for the last few days. If I gave you another few days, or a quarter moon, or more than that, you will still claim they are not ready."

Farro was exasperated. "Yes, but there are different levels of unreadiness, my Lord."

Duric leaned against the wall of the corridor, swiping his face with his hand. It was only the middle of the afternoon, but he was already exhausted. "Farro, either be more specific, or withdraw your objection. I don't have time for this."

"We are still short on weapons and material," Farro said. "We have yet to completely secure an adequate supply line to the base camp we are planning outside of Weton's Manor."

"What about men? Are we ready there?"

"That is fortunately the one area I do not have issue with. Many able-bodied men responded to the call and morale is high."

"Then that will have to sustain us. Now, excuse me..."

Duric turned and continued down the corridor.

"Wait! My Lord!" Farro ran and stepped in front of Duric, stopping him again. "You can't expect me to start sending them through this early! Not by dawn!"

"I have little choice in the matter, Farro! You heard the report yourself from Janna! The Emperor has quite possibly already launched his attack against Colos. We do not have time."

"Yes, but Janna has not even given us the information about the Imperial patrol routes..."

"I have faith in her, Farro. She told me she has a plan to acquire them, and I trust her."

Farro sighed and shook his head, but did not utter a word of further protest.

"Now, Farro, please tell me something more useful," Duric said in a pleading tone. "Is the Mage ready at Weton's end?"

"He says he is. He believes he can hold the Portal open from dawn until midday before he will need to let it 'rest' as he puts it. Then he can reopen it before dusk and hold it until midnight."

"How long to get the whole army through, Farro?"

"If everything goes well, if proper discipline is maintained, and the Mage can continue holding the Portal open, just about one day."

Duric considered for a moment. "See if the Mage can hold the Portal open longer than that. If so, we can send more supplies through until they are ready to march. It might help the supply situation some."

"Marginally," Farro said with a bit of a sour tone to his voice.

"Better than nothing."

"It would help to know how many forces the Emperor has left behind in defense of the Imperial Palace," Farro said.

"I will ask Janna when she contacts me again." Duric looked past Farro as he spoke. His lips curled into a small smile.

Farro noticed his Lord's distraction and turned around as Amanda trotted up to them.

"Finished with your research, Amanda?" Duric asked.

"Yes, Master, I'm done with it now," Amanda replied.

"Ready to show everyone what you know?"

Amanda hesitated a moment. "Right now, Master?"

"I was headed to a meeting with my immediate staff about the war preparations. I think it would do them well to have a reminder of what it was like the last time Oceanus was embroiled in war."

Amanda slowly nodded, trying to keep the anxiety out of her voice. "Yes, Master, of course."

Farro furrowed his brow and looked back to Duric. "My Lord, are you serious?" he asked in a low voice.

Duric lifted his eyebrows. "Hmm?"

"Are you truly going to have her recite what she memorized at the library?"

Amanda balked a bit at this assessment, but it was Duric that answered for her. "Not memorized, Farro, learned. And I wish you to come along as well."

"Me? Why me, my Lord?"

"I want you to carefully observe everyone's reaction to Amanda as she talks to them."

Farro looked confused. "I don't understand."

"It's quite simple, Farro. Get a parchment and take notes during the meeting. I want to know how each member of my staff is reacting. Is he interested? Bored? Riveted? Inattentive?"

"Why do you want me to... ?"

"I will enlighten you later. Just do as I ask of you."

Farro rolled his eyes and sighed. "Very well, my Lord. I suppose my other duties will just have to get themselves done."

Duric smirked as Farro headed down the corridor ahead of them, shaking his head. Amanda watched him go.

"Amanda."

Her gaze snapped back to Duric. "Master?"

"Don't disappoint me now," he said solemnly. "I am counting on you."

"I'll do my best, Master." Even though I don't quite know exactly what it is you're looking for, she added in her head.


"Unacceptable! He must be made to answer to the Nobility!"

"We are not his lackeys that he can order about or disregard when the mood strikes him!"

"He has as good as torn up the Charter! He is unfit for the throne!"

"This is madness! He is acting no better than the barbarous kingdoms in the southern continent!"

"ORDER!!" Uras shouted. He thumped his hand on the table until it was aching and red. "We will have have ORDER at this Caucus!"

Gradually, the indignant shouts from the other Noble Lords quieted, but there was much side-conversation and heated debate between the members.

"Everyone, quiet down, now!" Uras bellowed. "All of you, sit down! This is a meeting of the High Lords of Oceanus, not a group of peasant rabble at a bazaar! You will show some decorum!"

"Someone tell that to the Emperor!" cried another of the Lords from the back, which started the others going again.

"That's quite enough, Lord Weeren," Uras said, pointing a meaty finger at him. "Don't stir up any more trouble than we already have."

Finally the Lords began to subside and take their seats. Uras let go a long sigh. In his other hand, he still held the parchment bearing the Imperial seal that contained the Emperor's rather succinct statement. It said: After due consideration of the arguments raised by the Lords of Oceanus, I have decided to remain on my present course and continue to pursue military action against Colos. I will entertain no further debate on the matter, and I expect the Noble Lords to dissolve their Caucus immediately. They are to vacate the palace no later than the third dawn, or their loyalties will be questioned.

He had not reached the last part of it, that of ordering the Lords to vacate the Palace three days hence. The room had erupted into protest before he had managed to read that far.

As explosive as the place was now, he felt reading it right at the moment would be akin to letting loose cannon fire in a tinder-dry, drought-ravaged forest.

"The rules of order will be followed," Uras declared. "You will seek to be recognized before you speak again. Yes, Lord Forrus?"

The silver-haired, somewhat gaunt-looking fellow rose from his seat. "What of this, Lord Uras? What is our next step?"

"That is what we are here to discuss," replied Uras, though there was not a lot of conviction in his voice. The truth was, he did not see anything else that could be done. It would be up to Duric now. He wanted to get the Lords safely away from the Imperial Palace before Duric's army arrived.

"Frankly, I do not see what more we can do. If the Emperor chooses to ignore us, we have little power to make him see reason."

"If he is capable of it!" piped another Lord, which started another round of shouts of indignation.

"QUIET!" Uras yelled. He took a deep breath once the others had subsided and turned to Forrus. "Your point is well taken, Lord Forrus. We may need time to reflect on this."

This started a wave of dark muttering among the others. It was clear that they did not want to wait any longer, that they wanted some sort of action or resolution now.

Or at least most of them.

Janna had been letting her attention wander. She had nothing to say because she already knew what her duty was. She had attended to show her support for Uras and the Caucus. She thought this would be the same for the others. But not only were there those that remained quiet or indifferent, but there were empty seats as well. Some Lords had chosen not to attend.

Janna turned to Tarras and brought this to his attention as another Lord was recognized and began to vent his frustrations to the Caucus.

Tarras glanced at the empty seats and the apparently complacent Lords. Some of them had begun quiet side-conversations with each other, having tuned out the proceedings entirely. "Yes, I thought as much," he said in a grave voice.

"Thought as much about what?"

"As much as we like to believe we are of one voice, it is impossible to get this many Lords on the same parchment."

Janna frowned. "I don't understand."

"The Colosian Ambassador was not very confident of his chances after the audience with Z'haas. He did a little talking with the other Lords. So they already had an idea that the Emperor would decide as he did."

"Yes, but that's all the more reason for them to be here, isn't it?"

"If they are still on our side."

Janna just stared at him. "What? You don't mean..."

"Janna, you must understand, for two centuries now, the Nobility have been used to dealing their way through life as a means of acquiring power and prestige. Some of them are still mired in this way of thinking and see this as nothing more than another opportunity."

Janna looked aghast. "You don't mean they would side with Z'haas!"

Tarras gestured unobtrusively for Janna to lower her voice. "More likely they see the Emperor as being the one with the upper hand and wish to be on the winning side. Face it, Janna, if this fails, the Emperor will likely extract a violent and bloody revenge."

Janna had specifically tried not to think about it. Her clan would likely bear the brunt of such revenge.

Tarras settled back in his seat. "With luck, it will be for naught. Duric will succeed, and those Lords will see more opportunity in remaining solidly behind the others. It will be over and forgotten."

Janna nodded slowly, but looked over to the empty seats with apprehension. She would be glad to return to her position at Duric's court. She would have no more desire to be among the High Lords. She would not want to have to live with the idea that some of them could possibly betray the others were a better opportunity to come along.


When Amanda had arrived in the meeting room with Duric, hardly anyone there gave her more than a glance. A few with whom she had trysted added a smile and a nod, but otherwise did not give her any further attention. The only one present that was at all distracted was a man sitting on a chair in the corner. His pants were down and Tanyee was kneeling between his legs, his manhood in her mouth.

To Amanda's surprise, Duric actually interrupted him. "I know how much you are enjoying my Tanyee, Roolan, but I will need everyone's attention right now."

Roolan looked a bit taken aback, but Tanyee took Duric's words as a command. She dropped him from her mouth and rose to her feet. She gave him an apologetic smile before turning away from him.

Farro shook his head and plopped himself heavily into a seat. He situated a piece of blank parchment before him on a rectangular platter. He produced a quill pen and dipped it into a nearby ink pot on the table.

Duric gestured to some of the others that were still standing. "Please, everyone, take a seat. I need your undivided attention. Or rather, Amanda here does."

At least one person that was in the process of sitting down froze and exchanged an odd look with a cohort. A few simply furrowed their brows in confusion. At least one actually rolled his eyes.

Amanda was not looking forward to this.

Duric gestured for Amanda to join him where he stood at the head of the table. As she did so, he turned to those assembled. "We're about to embark on a major military campaign," he began in a grim voice. "This is the first serious battle that anyone in Oceanus has faced in two centuries. The last time anyone did so was the famous Battle of Selemas Keep. I once heard someone say 'we ignore the lessons of history at our own peril'..."

Amanda looked at Duric with mild surprise. It was very similar to a saying back on Earth.

"... thus I have had Amanda here read everything she could about the battle so that she may tell you about it. I urge you all to pay attention."

Duric stepped back and gestured towards the spot right at the head of the table. Her heart thumping, she took her position and looked out over the others. Many of the eyes staring back had a noticeable degree of incredulity to them.

"Go ahead, Amanda," Duric said softly, taking a step back and folding his arms as he listened.

For a moment Amanda was too scared to say a word. Her eyes kept searching for some sign of someone sympathetic to her plight. She suddenly felt embarrassed by her nudity, as if the very thing she had grown so used to over the past season was now terribly out of place.

"Um... w-well... if you want to understand the battle itself... you have to go back and learn the causes that led up to it," she began. "Since nothing in history exists just by itself..."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.