The Overlords' Gambit - Cover

The Overlords' Gambit

Copyright© 2007 by A Strange Geek

Chapter 22

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 22 - Amanda finds that life on Narlass is never going to be as simple as she hopes. The intrigue and conspiracy are far from over, and she will be pulled into events that go beyond what she had ever imagined. The Overlords plot to take down an Emperor, but he is forewarned. And now the Nobility are poised to step into the fray. Is civil war on the horizon? As for the merchant Jollis, he seems to have his OWN agenda.<br>Note: 3rd story in the Narlass series. You should read the previous stories.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Romantic   Magic   Slavery   Fiction   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Spanking   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

The structure of the Oceanus military is an interesting dichotomy that does not exist in other modern Narlassi nation-states.

Most major powers in Narlass maintain a standing army in addition to whatever other peripheral support elements they may have, such as a navy. Oceanus is unique in that it ceased to maintain a standing army very soon after its initial inception.

By no means does this make Oceanus defenseless. Quite the contrary. Defense responsibilities on land are relegated to the local Noble clans. They either maintain a small but well-trained militia, or can call up men-at-arms at a moment's notice. This serves an auxiliary purpose. It forces the Nobility to take an active part in the security of Oceanus as a whole, which in turn forces them to work together in time of crisis.

It also removes an instrument of potential aggression from the Emperor. With no standing army, the Emperor is forced to deal with the Nobility to raise enough men-at-arms to wage an actual war of aggression against another nation. The Nobility would tend to examine the Emperor's motives very carefully before agreeing to such a thing, especially if there is no clear threat to the nation.

In later years, the threat of an incursion from another nation was greatly lessened by the power of the navy. Because most of Oceanus is scattered across the ocean to the east and the sea to the south, it is the first line of defense for the most critical parts of the empire. The Emperor has direct control over this instrument of the military, with one important exception: The navy is not allowed to maintain transport vessels capable of landing men on shore. The Emperor must request the Noble Lords to construct these vessels. This prevents the navy from being used as an instrument of punishment against the populace.

There is, of course, a loophole. Nothing prevents the navy from cutting off commerce between parts of the empire, though this would likely result in a boycott of the Imperium by the merchant clans. This would prove disastrous to the Emperor, both from a material and morale point of view.

The Emperor is granted the ability to raise an army directly if he sees a threat to the nation requiring an immediate response. In this case, however, the Emperor is limited to using these forces to neutralize the immediate threat only. Afterward, the army must be disbanded, or approval sought from the Noble Lords for the army's continued existence, or command of the army turned over to the Noble Lords.

In the entire time of Oceanus' existence, there has been only one time that an Emperor raised an army on his own to combat a threat. By the time the Nobles learned of it and could question the action, the incursion had been dealt with and the army disbanded.

The incident, known as the Pennkey Incursion, occurred in year 573 Oceanus-reckoning, under the rule of Genrus Z'kalon. Why the incursion had gone as far as it did and thus require Imperial intervention was largely due to timing...


Amanda was startled when she felt a hand on her rear. Her gaze snapped up from the scroll she had been reading.

"I'm sorry," said Tanyee, removing her hand. "Are you still a little sore?"

Amanda was lying on her stomach on the bed. Her backside was faintly pink, but it was not tender anymore. She had been paddled one more time before the end of the previous day, but most of the sting had worn off. "No, I was just distracted, that's all. Is it morning already?"

Tanyee smiled and placed her hand back on Amanda's rear, stroking softly. "Yes, it is. How long have you been up?"

"Since just before dawn."

Tanyee nodded. "I hope you are rested enough. We need to get up and attend to Master Duric's bath."

Amanda nodded and rolled up her scroll. Tanyee's hand played over her ass, slipping down between her thighs and reaching for her sex. By the time she had all the scrolls tied into a neat bundle again, Tanyee's fingers had teased Amanda's folds to dampness.

Tanyee withdrew her hand when Amanda rolled onto her back. She splayed her legs, her damp sex glistening. Tanyee straddled her on all fours and spread her own knees apart. Amanda reached between them and lightly stroked Tanyee's slit.

This was a ritual that Tanyee had shown her, a way that they prepared themselves for Master Duric by insuring they were already thoroughly aroused when they greeted him. They continued until both of them were very wet and panting lightly. They withdrew their hands and had each lick the other's fingers clean before climbing out of bed.

Amanda wished she had more time to read that morning. That particular scroll was interesting, and it was already raising questions in her mind. For instance, if the Lords were expected to raise an army "on a moment's notice" if needed, why was Duric having so much trouble? She understood the problem of transporting them quickly, but surely the actual raising of the army should go faster. Or did that have something to do with how long it had been since something of this sort was needed? She really hoped there was more information on other military ventures by Oceanus in recent history among the scrolls she possessed.

"Much more punctual this time," Duric commented when Amanda and Tanyee emerged from their quarters.

"Amanda was not difficult to rouse this morning, Master," Tanyee explained. "She was already awake."

Amanda was only barely listening to the conversation. There was another man in the room with them, one dressed as Duric in only a loosely-sashed robe. She recognized him as one of Duric's staff, though she could not place the name of this stern-faced man. What she did remember of him was that he had been the least complimentary of all the staff members she had serviced. In fact, he had said little to her at all. He had taken complete control of the encounter, hardly letting her do anything on her own.

Duric turned more fully towards his slaves, a small smile on his lips. "Oh, was she? Were you doing anything in particular, Amanda?"

Amanda quickly turned her attention back to Duric. "Um, yes, Master, I was reading the scrolls you gave back to me."

The man next to Duric arched an eyebrow.

"Splendid. Anything that gets you up on time is beneficial to your service to me."

"Scrolls, Duric?" asked the man in a voice that bordered on reproachful.

Duric turned to him. "Yes, scrolls, Rallas. Surely someone like you know what they are."

It was obvious that he had been kidding. Rallas, however, did not appear to be someone that appreciated Duric's sense of humor and gave no response other than a single, curt nod.

"Amanda, tell Rallas about the scrolls," Duric said.

Amanda felt that she would want to do anything else but that. "I have some history scrolls that were given to me by Master Roquan," she stated, hoping that was enough.

"Given to her by her Overlord?" Rallas said to Duric, as if Amanda were not even there. "Did you request this, my Lord?"

"That's the interesting thing, Rallas. She requested them herself."

"Whatever for?"

"Because she simply wanted them."

Rallas paused a long moment as if trying to comprehend this. "I trust she has not neglected her other skills."

"When I invited you to share my bath this morning, I fully intended to share my slaves with you, so you will be able to see for yourself. Though I seem to recall that you've already seen what she can do."

"I was a bit rushed. I intend to take my time this morning. And I expect her to do so as well."

"Oh, indeed." Duric gestured towards the door. "Shall we?"

Amanda and Tanyee led the way to the bath chamber and set about preparing the water properly. Rallas appeared to scrutinize Amanda with a supercilious gaze, as if assessing her and deeming her somehow unworthy of his notice.

Rallas' attitude chilled Amanda. She didn't feel like a person in his eyes. His gaze appraised her like a thing he was considering purchasing from a shop rather than as a living, thinking being.

When the bath was prepared, Duric and Rallas shed their robes. Duric slipped into the water, and Tanyee attended to his bath. Rallas looked at Amanda and snapped his fingers, following it with a quick "come here" gesture.

Amanda stepped quickly over to him. He snapped his fingers a second time and gestured again. Amanda dropped to her knees before him, his cock growing hard in front of her face.

Rallas slipped a hand behind her head and drew it towards him quickly. She barely had enough time to open her mouth before his manhood plunged past her lips and over her tongue. She tilted her head slightly as he forced her to take in almost his entire length at once.

Rallas set the pace from the start. Rather than letting her move her head in a manner she was accustomed to, he rocked his hips and thrusted himself into her as if it were her tunnel and not her mouth he were penetrating. Amanda had little choice but to maintain it, as his hand prevented her head from moving backwards.

"Scrolls, indeed," Rallas said in a scoffing voice. "Why would she have any use for them?"

"Why does anyone wish to read such things, Rallas?" said Duric. "Because she wishes to learn."

Rallas met this thought with a scornful look. "And you play to this delusion of hers?"

Amanda felt hot indignation rising within her. She knew it was too much to ask that every Master of hers be understanding, but she had hoped not to encounter any more like this. It set her questioning again what the general attitude towards slaves was. Was this man an aberration or a true norm? She could not imagine a slave being happy under someone like him.

"I am simply seeing where it goes for now. And really, Rallas, you should let her handle herself there. You won't be disappointed."

Rallas stopped rocking and paused a moment. Finally he let out a long sigh and let his hand fall away. Amanda drew back and looked up at him expectantly. Cold eyes gazed back. "Very well. See to my pleasure on your own, then."

Even when he spoke to her directly, it seemed as if he were speaking around her rather than to her. Nevertheless, as angry as this man could make her feel if she let it, she silently vowed to attend to him with every bit of skill that she had. She felt the need to prove herself now.

Amanda closed her eyes and put her entire focus into it. She ignored everything else around her. She let her skill manifest itself as if it had a mind of its own, guiding her actions rather than the other way around.

His cock slid in and out of her mouth in slow, sensuous, liquid movements. It was as if she could sense what he was feeling and adjust her tongue and her lips with each stroke. Her body moved in the same rhythm as her mouth, writhing provocatively as if receiving the touch of another at the same time.

As she continued, she managed to block out her feelings towards this man. It helped her focus even more deeply, her pussy growing hot and wet as she thought of the pleasure that was going through him from her ministrations. When she heard him moan faintly, her knees slid apart in anticipation.

Though, realistically, she was not expecting any reward from him.

As she quickened the pace, she heard his moans turn to a heavy pant. She could actually feel him trembling from his intensifying pleasure. Amanda felt a smug sense of satisfaction. This was far more pleasant for him, she believed, than if he had continued directing things himself.

She felt his hand press into her head, but she assumed it was simply reflex because he was growing so close. She felt safe in ignoring it, continuing to move at her own pace. She sensed him tensing as he approached his peak. She stepped up the pace considerably, her head pumping back and forth, his cock sliding deep each time.

Rallas uttered a loud, guttural groan, his legs bending slightly at the knees. His cock erupted, spewing his seed copiously inside her mouth. She pressed her tongue hard against his shaft, closing her lips tightly and working his cock back and forth with quick movements, coaxing his cock into producing a little more for her.

When his orgasm finally faded, she tilted her head back, paused a moment until his eyes cast down upon her, and then very obviously swallowed. She tenderly licked him clean as he softened, ending it with a gentle kiss on the head before drawing back.

Amanda looked up into his eyes.

Admit it, damn you, Amanda thought vehemently, though outwardly there was nothing but a pleasant smile on her face. I just gave you the best blowjob you had in a long while and you know it.

"That was adequate," said Rallas.

"Thank you, Master," Amanda said evenly. She was not upset at his underwhelming pronouncement. Not when it was spoken in a still breathless voice. Not when Duric laughed in response to it. Not when she could still see the appreciation in his eyes.

Rallas snapped his fingers again. Amanda rose to her feet.

"You will attend to my bath now."

"Of course, Master."

Rallas cast a lingering gaze on her for a moment that made Amanda wonder if perhaps a bit of smugness had crept into her voice. When he finally turned away without a word or a change to his expression, she counted herself lucky.

"You see, Rallas?" Duric called out as Rallas slipped into the water. "You should never doubt the skill of a slave Roquan has trained."

"At least this nonsense about scroll-reading has not dulled the abilities that count," Rallas commented mildly.

Amanda slid into the water behind him with a sponge. She dipped it into the water and lathered it well from the soapy film still covering the surface. She applied it to Rallas' back and shoulders, moving in slow, circular patterns that Tanyee had taught her the other day.

"Oh, come now, Rallas, I thought you of all people might appreciate someone with a love for the written word. Even a slave."

"It is a sad, sad day when I would look to slaves to be interested in the archives instead of Narlassi."

Archives? Amanda thought with interest.

"Mark my words, my Lord. We are fast heading to raising a generation of illiterates," Rallas declared. "The only people I have looking at the archives these days are members of the court. Hardly anyone else ever pays them mind anymore. That is a tragedy."

Amanda wanted to hear more about this. It was sounding to her like Rallas was a keeper of records of some sort. But from that point, the conversation turned to more mundane matters, and Amanda could only hold her tongue and continue Rallas' bath.

Rallas did not stay long after that. Once Amanda was done -- after several complaints of the inadequate job she did -- Rallas informed Duric he had business to attend to and left.

No sooner than Rallas had left when Duric called Amanda over to him. She was sure she would be criticized for not satisfying Rallas properly. Instead, Duric had her straddle him. He caressed her folds back to wetness with his fingers and eased her onto his waiting cock. Amanda was actually grateful for this. She was still aroused from when she had serviced Rallas, and she needed the relief.

He brought her to a strong orgasm that left her panting, and then drew her into his arms until she calmed. Amanda mused at how Duric could sometimes act so tender towards her, while other times acting the strict disciplinarian.

Duric nudged her back. "I will answer your question."

Amanda gave him a confused look. "I did not ask one, Master."

"Your unspoken one. Rallas is the Master Archivist. He runs the palace library."

Amanda had thought as much. "Thank you, Master."

Duric's lips curled into a sly grin. "Does that perhaps make him a little more tolerable?"

"I don't understand, Master. I have no ill feelings for him at all," responded Amanda dutifully.

"Ah, another 'correct' answer. Well done. Amanda, Tanyee, I will not have need of you until later this morning. You may avail yourselves of breakfast and amuse yourselves until I call on you."

"Yes, Master," said Tanyee and Amanda in turn as they left the bath.


Janna looked at herself in the full-length mirror in her room, feeling foolish.

"Is there something wrong, Mistress?"

Janna glanced at the young, auburn-haired woman standing nude beside her. She shook her head. "Nothing, Fenny, not with you. You did a fine job dressing me. Tell Master Uras you served me well."

Fenny smiled brightly. "Is there anything else I may do for you, Mistress?"

"No, that will be all. You may go."

Fenny bowed her head respectfully and headed out of the room.

Janna watched her go and sighed as the door closed behind her. She had been foolish not to think to bring a slave with her. She had known that the Emperor did not keep his own slaves, save for those that Roquan had claimed he was training to be spies. In the excitement of getting ready for the trip, it had simply not dawned on her.

Even Tarras had brought a slave. They were sent along soon after the Lords had cleared the courtyard later the day before.

She looked at herself in the mirror again and adjusted her hair for the fifth time. Uras had been more than happy to lend her one of his slaves, having come with an entourage of them. She would not put it past him that this was precisely the reason he did it. He likely anticipated that some Lords would forget they were traveling into a place without them, and he could curry favor by lending them his own.

Or more likely make it so that the Lords owe him a favor now, she thought acidly.

It had not helped matters that the Caucus could not begin right away, as not all of Oceanus' thirty-six Lords had arrived on the same day. Uras had fumed over this for much of that following day. It was only now, two days later, that they could finally begin.

Janna turned her head when there came a knock at the door. She glanced at herself one last time before turning away from the mirror. "Enter."

The door opened just wide enough to allow Tarras to peek into the room. "If you are ready, Janna, the Caucus is about to start."

"Not afraid of being associated with me, Tarras?" Janna said with a slight upturn of one corner of her mouth.

Tarras afforded her a small smile and stepped more fully into the room. Janna was glad to see him, for a variety of reasons. For one, she got to see him in formal dress. Even so, her eyes were drawn to his chest, where the top of his shirt was opened just enough for her to see a bit of his chest hair, rather than his attire.

"I am finding that we need not worry about such trivialities," said Tarras. "The mood I am sensing from the others is one of focus."

"Focus? On the Caucus?"

"And the Emperor. And, in a way, on Lord Uras."

"Oh?"

Tarras stepped away from the door, folding his hands behind him. His own gaze roamed over Janna's body. She was aware of this, and felt her skin flush faintly in response. "You are quite lovely in that, Janna," he said in a softer voice. "Just enough leg to be noticed, not enough to offend the sensibilities of the Emperor."

The bottom hem of Janna's dress came down to just about the knees, though she would flash bits of thigh when she walked. She idly wondered if Tarras were looking forward to seeing that. "Rather forward of you, isn't it, Tarras?" Janna said in a tone of mock-indignation.

He raised his eyes to hers. "People know me for being rather candid. I make no exceptions to that. So I am perfectly willing for you to know that I find you rather attractive."

Janna felt immensely pleased with this, even though it was not the first time that someone had openly admired her looks. The difference here was the fact that Tarras had nothing truly to gain from her by giving her empty compliments, as they shared the same feelings concerning the Caucus.

Nothing to gain, but perhaps her bed. The thought gave Janna a tingle in her nether regions.

Janna stepped up to him, keeping her eyes locked to his. "Are you looking for me to say the same about you?" she asked in a sly voice.

Tarras smiled. "These days, I would consider myself fortunate if just my slaves considered me attractive in addition to simply performing their duties for me."

Janna could not help but let her eyes flick down to his chest again for a moment. She loved the thought of running her fingers through that hair. If Tarras had noticed her moment of distraction, however, he did not make any note of it, either in his eyes or his words when he spoke next.

"We best be moving along." He turned away from her and towards the door. "Lord Uras will not like anyone being late for the opening ceremony."

Janna had considered saying something in reply to him, like admitting that she thought he was rather attractive as well. But she was so used to playing her cards close to the vest that her response was automatic: keep him guessing for now.

Janna quickly caught up and stepped in front of him before he could get to the door. "Before we go, I wanted to ask you something. Some advice."

"I will do the best I can, certainly. What is it?"

"About Duric. What he's..."

And to her surprise, Tarras placed a finger lightly on her lips, startling her into silence.

"Not a word," Tarras said in a very low voice. "Ever. Even to me in private."

Tarras removed his finger. Janna stared at Tarras in disbelief at the implication. "You don't seriously think the Emperor might have the rooms magicked to listen in on..."

"I will put nothing past him after seeing that little demonstration of his lack of restraint in the courtyard the day we arrived."

"Is that what you meant about the focus being on Lord Uras as well? You never answered that."

Tarras considered. "Lord Uras admittedly goaded the Emperor. There is little doubt about that. But the Emperor did not respond with the usual aplomb that a ruler of Oceanus ought. Such an exchange of words as you saw should theoretically have the ability to go on for many candlemarks of calm verbal combat." He smiled humorlessly. "Many Lords pride themselves on their ability to do such a thing."

"Was it a test on Uras' part?"

"Perhaps. The Emperor failed it if that were the case."

"And now everyone is wondering how far Uras will push him."

"That is part of the picture. What is more intriguing... and problematic... is how hard the Emperor will push back."

Janna had no response to this in the awkward silence that followed.

"We better get going," said Tarras, turning away.

Without another word, Janna left the room with him and headed over to the Imperial Hall.


Jollis was experiencing something he had not in a long time: impatience.

He had to resist the urge to Farview his comrades. He knew, ultimately, that contacting them would be useless. He had orders to all of them to inform him the moment something of note happened at the Imperium. And he knew that only a handful of days had gone by since Gronnus had delivered the message of Duric's treachery to the Emperor.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.