The Overlords' Gambit - Cover

The Overlords' Gambit

Copyright© 2007 by A Strange Geek

Chapter 21

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 21 - Amanda finds that life on Narlass is never going to be as simple as she hopes. The intrigue and conspiracy are far from over, and she will be pulled into events that go beyond what she had ever imagined. The Overlords plot to take down an Emperor, but he is forewarned. And now the Nobility are poised to step into the fray. Is civil war on the horizon? As for the merchant Jollis, he seems to have his OWN agenda.<br>Note: 3rd story in the Narlass series. You should read the previous stories.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Romantic   Magic   Slavery   Fiction   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Spanking   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

Janna felt a chill despite the warmth of the fire that burned brightly in the fireplace in her room. The only time she had felt warm that morning was when she had availed herself of the services of Lady K'olran's male slave and had him snuggle with her after he had satisfied her.

The sunshine the afternoon before had been no more than a brief respite. The misty drizzle that was more the norm that time of year had returned on the second morning, and the famed view from Selemas Palace had been reduced to a gray, foggy haze that smothered the landscape.

"Please lift your arms, my Lady."

Janna slowly complied at the request from one of the two female slaves that now attended to her, dressing her in the elegant gown she had selected for her arrival at the Imperial Palace. She shifted her feet a bit, though it did nothing to stop her from feeling the annoying vibration in the floor.

Selemas Palace was old, almost as old as the Keep. While it had certainly been maintained better, it was still quite ancient. Never was this more evident than when the palace Portal was being charged. Everywhere throughout the palace, the deep thrumming could be heard or felt. It was a constant reminder for her and the three other Lords that were present of what they were about to do. Though it seemed to Janna that she was the only one at all bothered by it.

The bodice of the gown was fitted to her and held in place by one of the slaves as the other began lacing it in the back. Janna glanced down and watched as the dress pushed up her breasts slightly as it was tightened about her. She admitted that she liked the effect. Being one of the few female representatives at the Caucus was going to have its advantages.

And if it came to that, it would not be the first time she allowed someone to bed her for political advantage.

She had an amusing thought, causing her to smirk. She wondered what the Emperor would do if she hinted that she might share his bed. Would he actually take her up on her offer? Janna had heard that Z'haas was one of the few Emperors in recent times to eschew slaves from the Overlords. As much as she loathed Overlord intervention, she did admit that Overlord influence tended to keep Imperial power in check. And a lack of slave trade with the Imperium reduced that influence.

"I am finished, my Lady," said the slave behind her.

Janna lowered her arms and let herself be led to a mirror. The dress clung to her figure, cinched around her waist and flaring over her hips. Her bosom was made to look even more plump than it did normally.

She turned her head to one side and the other, checking out her hair arrangement. She had opted for one of her usual styles: drawn into two narrow tails, curled, and then pinned back up. It made her look deceptively younger. With a touch of enhancer on her eyelashes, this lent even more to the innocent look. It never failed to put people off their guard. Even members of the court back at Keyas who knew her well would continue to be taken by it, especially if they were male.

"Very good," she declared. There was a bit more confidence in her voice now. Dressing for the part had helped.

One of the slaves brought her to a chair and proceeded to finish the ensemble. As she began fitting Janna's footwear, there was a mellow chime.

"Enter," Janna called out.

Janna turned her head and could not help but smile when she saw Tarras step into the room. He folded his hands behind his back and returned the gesture. "Well, well, my Lady, for one who claims inexperience among the circles of the high Nobility, you do know the game very well."

Janna's smile turned into a mischievous grin. "There's at least one reason why I would even be considered for such a task."

"Oh, I have no doubts of that. Perhaps I shall allow myself to submit to your charms at some point."

When the male slave had been servicing her that morning, Janna had secretly wished it had been Tarras instead. He had made a powerful impression on her the day before when they had met at the Keep, and she had continued to be impressed with him over dinner. Tarras had a presence, a very strong one, that he projected with very little effort.

"Be careful of what you wish for, Tarras," said Janna with a touch of sultriness to her eyes. "You may just get it."

"I could think of far worse ways to spend an evening, my dear."

Janna was a bit surprised at that response. Was he actually considering a tryst with her? She thought it best to leave it at that. Pushing it any further would likely be too much too soon. Her eyes flicked up and down his body. He had dressed a bit more conservatively than she had. But then again, he hardly needed any elegance or showiness in his attire, not with the aura of authority he tended to project.

"Forgive me for turning matters to less pleasant topics," Tarras continued. "But there is something I must ask you, though I am not quite sure how to do so, or how you are expected to respond."

Janna raised an eyebrow slightly. "I'm not sure I understand."

"It involves Duric, and... what he is doing while you are away."

Janna nodded slowly. "Ah, yes. That."

"I received a Farview from Uras quite early this morning." He paused and shook his head briefly. "The man really must be educated better on the concept of timezones. Anyway, it seems he has been hearing some rumors about Duric that disturb him."

"Rumors to what effect? And why did he not speak to me directly on this?"

Tarras smiled. "My dear, you can probably answer that last question yourself. It is always so much more conducive to your position to speak to everyone else but the person you need to learn about."

"Yes, true. But what of this Farview? What can you mention?"

"He does not know specifics. But he is afraid that, to use his words, Duric will do something rash or foolish."

"Duric thought long and hard about what he is doing, Tarras."

"Oh, I have no doubt of that. Nor do I think Uras does, either. I think he was hinting at something else. Timing."

Janna was silent for a long moment. As she contemplated her reply, the slave finished her task and stepped back. Janna rose to her feet, legs clad in sleek white stockings. Her dress dropped over most of them, showing only part of her calves and her shoes, but the dress was light enough that a simple turn would twirl it just enough to show a flash of thigh. The heels of her shoes were just high enough to accentuate her legs and still allow her to walk comfortably.

She glanced at herself in the mirror and turned to the two slaves. "Well done. That will be all for now."

"Yes, Mistress," the two said as one. They bowed to her and left the room.

Janna turned back to Tarras and stepped up to him. She caught the flicker of his eyes down her body and smiled in silent appreciation of it, even as her tone turned serious. "I have confidence that Duric will do the right thing. At the right time."

"Uras feels Duric is taking a bit of a risk. 'Playing with fire' was his exact turn of phrase."

"Do you think the same?"

"You know my thoughts on that already, Janna. There are things that simply must be done. Just as they needed to be done two centuries ago, they need to be done again."

Janna noted that he allowed himself to speak more openly about it now that the slaves were gone from the room. He had obviously decided to take no chances after Janna had revealed to him earlier what Duric had shared with her, that Roquan believed he had had an Imperial agent in his midst disguised as a slave.

If there was ever a reason to depose the current Emperor, that was it. She could not stand the idea of never being able to speak freely on sensitive matters before her slaves.

"But I do share a concern that things be done at the right time," said Tarras.

Janna nodded and had no immediate reply. She knew that Duric was going to be using her to determine the right time. She could not tell Tarras this. It was not so much a matter of trust as it was simply that the fewer that knew, the less chance there was of the Emperor finding out.

"I apologize. I sense I put you on the spot," said Tarras.

"No, it's fine, Tarras. Really, I understand your concern. All I can say is that Duric is a man who tends to plan things out thoroughly before acting on them. The impetuousness of youth is truly a misapplied label in his case."

"Your word is good enough for me, Janna. Thank you."

"What truly concerns me more is how Uras found out. The last thing we need is Emperor Z'haas finding out."

Tarras nodded. "So I was right in thinking that Duric is counting on the element of surprise."

"He felt there really was no other way."

"True. It can be an advantage. But not always. The Republicans, for instance, believed they had the element of surprise at Selemas Keep."

"And did they?"

"To a point. And they lost anyway."

"But what mattered was that the right side won. That's all that matters here as well."

Tarras smiled thinly. "Ah, but we were the victors then, no? It is easier for us to claim that the 'right' side won. Were the Republicans successful, and we were standing here in whatever roles we would assume in their version of Oceanus, we would be claiming the same thing."

Janna gave him an exasperated look.

"My apologies again. We should learn from history, but not brood over it."

Janna nodded, grateful to be dropping the topic. She found his knowledge of history to be impressive, but she did feel that he dwelled on such matters too much.

"If you are ready, I would be happy to escort you to the Portal chamber," said Tarras with a lighter air to his voice. "It will be the last time we may openly appear with one another until we have a better feel for the Caucus."

For once, Janna hated having to put on appearances. Yet she nodded again in acknowledgment, a tiny smile on her lips as he took her arm and escorted her from the room.


Emperor Z'haas stood resplendent in the most regal robes of his title, a deep violet with crimson trim. It lay open at the chest, where emblazoned upon his shirt was the crest of Oceanus on the left breast and the symbol of his office on in the right, the latter a stylized hawk with wings extended over the ocean.

From the top of the central spire he could see the entirety of the palace laid out before him in all directions, and to the west, the sprawl of the Imperial City on the other side of the gardens. The room was built to appear as a large, round crystal, the walls so clear that it was as if there were nothing there at all. From the outside, the crystal reflected all light, a dazzling display of rainbow brilliance that tracked across the Imperial grounds as the sun traversed the sky. No one could see into the chamber from the outside.

Z'haas stood with his arms folded tightly as he looked down upon the main courtyard. There, several Lords had already gathered, having arrived by Portal earlier that day. Even from there, he perceived arrogance in some of them just from the way they strolled about the gardens, causing his lips to curl into a sneer.

Behind the Emperor, there was a gliding noise. From the middle of a large, circular hole, Q'yros rose serenely into view on the magical lift. The tower's only purpose was this room, allowing the spire that supported it to be very thin and afford the Emperor a view of everything unblocked by even the structure itself in which he stood.

"Yes, Q'yros, what is it?" Z'haas called out without turning around, irritation in his voice.

"Originally I was looking for you to inform you that our 'guests' have begun to arrive, but you appear to know already," said Q'yros placidly as he stepped off the lift. He folded his hands over the top of his staff. "They are quite anxious to meet you."

"The feeling is not mutual."

"Understandable. But, under the circumstances, it is perhaps best not to keep them waiting."

Z'haas drew in a deep breath and let it go as a tired sigh through his nose. "I should never have agreed to let them Port in. Perhaps spending another half moon traveling here would allow me to simply get done what must be done."

Q'yros stepped forward and took position on the Emperor's right. "On the contrary, my Emperor. This is ideal for what I had in mind to allow us to track their movements."

Z'haas turned to the Mage. "Oh? I admit, I am curious about the arrangements you have made."

There was a flash of light from the courtyard. Q'yros gestured towards it. "Observe."

Z'haas raised an eyebrow slightly and turned his gaze back to the courtyard below. There, a new Portal was taking shape.

"Note, my Emperor, where the Portal opens," said Q'yros with a small smile.

"Between the two stone pillars just short of the entryway to the Palace. Rather too close for my tastes. I would have taken exception to it had I known about it before now."

The Mage remained patient. "What are important about those pillars, my Emperor?"

Z'haas' frowned. He did not like guessing games, though before he could think to protest, the answer came to him. "The wards?"

"The wards. Two of them. The very ones we normally use to block incoming Portals."

"And the significance of this is?"

"It is a known quantity. They have been made aware that they exist. Therefore, if I change the magic contained within, how are they to know that the little tingle that the more magic-sensitive of them will feel is nothing more than just the latent energy of the wards?"

"And how have you changed it?" Z'haas asked with concern edging his voice.

"In no way will it compromise the wards, my Emperor," Q'yros said smoothly. "The spell I have added will impart a tiny magical charge upon them that can be tracked."

"But if any of their lot are sensitive to magic, they will surely discover this!"

"If it were tied to their bodies, yes. But if it is tied to their clothing and possessions instead, they will likely not feel it. Unless any of the Lords have a penchant for going about in the nude, we should be able to track them by their clothing quite handily."

Z'haas appeared thoughtful for a long moment, then nodded once in approval. He was actually rather impressed. It was something he had not thought of when he had mulled over how Q'yros might accomplish the task.

As he watched, the Portal was established, and two figures stepped out. A man and a woman. Q'yros leaned forward and furrowed his brow. "I was not aware that any of the Lords were female," he commented.

"None are," replied Z'haas. "Duric is not coming himself. He has sent a representative. Lady Janna J'garon."

Q'yros turned to the Emperor, looking alarmed. "Duric is not coming?"

Z'haas turned as well. "That is what I have just said."

"You realize what this means?"

The Emperor remained silent.

"Gronnus' information this morning!" Q'yros said in exasperation. "He told you Duric was moving against you. And now Duric is not at the Caucus."

Z'haas paused, his lips drawing to a thin line, his arms lacing more tightly across his chest. "And yet, Q'yros, what happened last night?"

Q'yros sighed. "Another Portal opened."

"Where?"

"Outside Overlord Gronnus' Manor."

"And was it one of the enemy's?"

"It had the energy signature of the Portals being used by the unknown hostile power, yes."

"Then why am I to trust this information?"

Q'yros had no reply for this. He had no words that could convince the Emperor. "But surely you will take some action, as a precaution if nothing else!"

"I am not stupid, Q'yros. I have assigned several Imperial patrols to make regular sweeps across most likely approaches from the south and west."

Q'yros nodded at this, but it was not enough, in his view.

As if sensing the Mage's doubt, Z'haas took a step closer to him, glowering. "Q'yros, if I fear anything, it is insurrection from the Lords that are gathering below. They will have ample access to me. They could attempt to contact the remaining traitorous elements in the Imperial Palace. That is what we need to look out for."

"But how many of your soldiers will remain here to defend the Imperium, my Emperor?" the Mage demanded, refusing to be intimidated. His gaze remained steady and cool.

Z'haas paused and backed up a bit when he realized Q'yros was not going to leave this alone. "I can spare one legion," he said tonelessly.

"Spare?!" Q'yros cried. "That is not enough! Not if those Urisi... !"

"Enough of this!" Emperor Z'haas declared, turning away from his adviser. "I will not argue with you! I am more versed in military strategy than you will ever be, Q'yros!"

Q'yros fumed as he watched Z'haas storm off towards the lift.

Z'haas stepped onto the lift and whirled around to face the Mage again. "I will go greet these Lords, to placate you. But I will not suffer any fools among them."

The Emperor made a curt gesture, eyes flashing anger. The lift began to drop.

Q'yros watched the Emperor disappear into the lift shaft before turning back to the scene in the courtyard. His eyes locked on Lady Janna and narrowed, his gaze becoming as hard as diamonds.

"You I will watch in particular, my Lady," he muttered, banging his staff once on the floor, causing bright sparks to flicker off the walls.


The image of Roquan shimmered in thoughtful contemplation in the audience chamber as he contemplated the question that had been put to him by Duric and Farro.

Amanda wanted desperately to listen and comprehend what she was hearing, but her concentration was elsewhere. Duric had her and Tanyee sit together just out of Roquan's view. Each had a hand draped over the other's pussy, stroking steadily.

Amanda was not allowed to cum, as per the punishment she had been given. Meanwhile, Tanyee had already experienced two orgasms by Amanda's hand and was rising to a third, panting hard and moaning. Tanyee's fingers remained relentless throughout, with only occasional pauses when she was in the throes of a climax. Amanda had to devote much of her concentration to keeping her own orgasm at bay.

"I am not sure if that is feasible or not," Roquan finally answered in a somber voice. "It is not something that an Overlord's Portal has ever been used for."

"Nor one from the Nobility," Farro pointed out. "Not in recent times, anyway."

"Surely there is some history to draw upon for advice. We cannot be the only one to contemplate using a Portal to transport an army."

"No, we're not," answered Duric. "But those times were in the long past, and involved creating a very large, single-use Portal for such a task."

"Though that was to transport an army all at once," Farro pointed out. "Which is not what we're aiming for here."

"It could not do that even if you had requested it," said Roquan. "Its ability to be expanded or shaped is limited. It was designed to bring no more than a handful of people through at one time."

"But that is what we are asking for here, Roquan," Duric said. "We want to transport an entire army, yes, but as a continuous stream of personnel through an Overlord's Portal. Specifically, the one at the D'honna Manor."

Roquan raised an eyebrow. "Weton D'honna? I am not at all sure he would go for this, not without wondering what was in it for him."

"I am prepared to offer him whatever he wishes."

Roquan shook his head. "No, he will not take anything from you. He will wish something from me. That is how it works with the Overlords."

Duric turned to Farro and they exchanged a small grin. It was not very different from the way the Nobility worked.

Amanda's interest in the conversation made her attention wander, and she was straining too hard and too close to orgasm. She considered quietly begging Tanyee to ease off when Tanyee moaned deeply and shuddered, her hand faltering as she orgasmed a third time. It granted Amanda a small respite.

"Roquan, in the interests of time, let us assume he goes for it, whatever has to be done to secure his cooperation," said Duric. "Is this something that an Overlord's Portal can do?"

"It all depends on how long you need the Portal to remain open, Duric. Once it has been fully energized, the device draws power at a prodigious rate. That cannot be sustained indefinitely."

Farro raised an eyebrow at this. "Begging your pardon, your Lordship, but I thought Portals simply concentrated power from the interdimensional realm. It did not have a power source of its own."

Roquan nodded. "Correct as I understand it, gentlemen. But the strain on the Portal device itself is enormous. To be perfectly blunt, Overlords tend to purchase the cheapest Portal possible knowing that it will be called upon only occasionally and only with a light load. Just how long do you need to keep the Portal opened?"

Farro lifted a parchment, his eyes scanning it for a few moments. "Assuming that we can have a path cleared from the Portal egress to an assembly area just outside the Manor so it can be a continuous march, assuming that each man carries his own equipment through, assuming an area cleared in the Manor to receive the heavier equipment that the men could not carry... half a day."

Roquan furrowed his brow. "A tall order," he said simply.

Duric and Farro exchanged another look that was definitely less mirthful.

"It is a very intriguing idea, however," the Overlord continued. "I would not wish to abandon it."

"Most certainly not, since it is our only option!" Farro piped. "We cannot get them there faster by any other means."

Tanyee had recovered from her climax, and her fingers began stroking Amanda more firmly again. Amanda squirmed under the assault, giving her a pleading look. Tanyee gave a sympathetic look in return but did not relent.

"But we have a logistics problem," Roquan continued. "Keeping a Portal open for half a day is not feasible for most Portals. However, I do know that Weton had a new Portal installed when he became Overlord, and he makes a fetish out of keeping it upgraded despite its low use."

"We know that," Farro pointed out. "This is one of the reasons we chose his Portal instead of that of another Overlord to the north of the Imperial Palace, even though that one is closer. As for keeping the Portal open, surely a Mage could augment the Portal's strength for a short time."

"A Mage could. Whether a Mage will -- or whether we should even try -- is another story."

"I don't follow you, your Lordship."

"Actually, I believe I understand," Duric said with a small sigh. "This has to do with Q'yros, doesn't it?"

"Indeed, yes. It would be impossible to do such a thing without him finding out."

Farro looked between the two of them in confusion.

"Roquan gave me more details of what happened at his Manor with the incident concerning the Imperial Agent," Duric explained to his adviser. "Q'yros was a co-conspirator, or so the evidence points that way."

Farro nodded slowly as comprehension dawned, a glum look coming to his face. "And he is the Emperor's adviser now. Lovely."

"And he is one of the best Mages in Oceanus with respect to Portals," explained Roquan. "You should consider the possibility that he will detect the opening of this Portal and become suspicious when he sees how long it is being held open."

"Hellfire," Duric muttered. "I didn't think they could sense that sort of thing, not from a distance, no matter how much a Portal sensitive you were."

"You are a bit out of step with the times, Duric. Yes, it is true, until fairly recently detecting a Portal from a distance was difficult. It was Q'yros himself that helped create the technology needed to detect them."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.