The Freiburg Project
Chapter 35

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Mystery Sex Story: Chapter 35 - A young, successful architect, who lives in a nudist village in the south of France, pulls her life together after her husband's suicide. She wins a major project and things begin to happen. (Mystery/Thriller, no explicit sex)

Caution: This Mystery Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic  

Inspector Semmel was waiting outside the Schellen building, a restless eye scanning the area as they emerged. The drive to the safe hotel was uneventful, and there was little conversation.

Helen found herself surprised at Schellen's offer of an interest in his closely held Swiss company. 'That's one for the books, ' she thought, 'a Swiss businessman asking a woman to take an interest. I know it's not that unusual, and I'm flattered, I guess.' She looked across the esplanade at the Jet d'Eau that rises 50 meters into the sky from Lake Leman. 'Or, maybe I will be when I figure all this out.'

At the hotel, they went into the bar, again conveniently deserted. Johannes lagged behind briefly to speak with the Maître, then came and settled into an armchair.

"I've ordered some champagne. I think we can safely celebrate some progress in this case."

"Where's Ferrol?" Rummy asked.

"Headed back to the office," Johannes said. "Not a very sociable fellow, but he's capable. He told me he's satisfied with what Schellen said, unless we find out something to the contrary."

"Oh?" Helen said. "I'm not so sure." She looked at Johannes. "When I came here to meet with him and get him to accept my revisions of the project, he made a big play to have Sauter be the contractor. Well, to be honest, he said he had an associate he wanted to propose. I told him flat out NO because my proposal was design and build. I really think he might have built the thing with Sauter if I hadn't shown him how to make it pay."

"You never know, and I'll be looking into that, as well. Thank you," Johannes said.

"The thing is, Johannes, Schellen never stopped pushing Sauter at me, one way or another but without using his name. I know he's handled Dumont's situation pretty well, but I'm really concerned that there's more to it." She thought for a moment and went on. "And today, after you left us, Schellen offered me a share in his company and a seat on the supervisory board. I can't decide if that's a way to get me on his side — make an insider of me — or a signal that he's turned over a new leaf. Anyway, I turned him down."

Johannes made a note in his book. "I think it was wise to refuse. I'm certainly going to keep an eye on that aspect." He turned several pages in his book and looked up at Helen. "But we do have some new information that came in this morning. I didn't see you at breakfast — I was at the office — so I'll pass it on now."

The champagne arrived and Johannes waited while it was served. Everyone touched glasses and sipped. Helen set her glass down on the low table in front of the sofa where she sat next to Rummy.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.