The Freiburg Project - Cover

The Freiburg Project

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 33

Mystery Sex Story: Chapter 33 - A young, successful architect, who lives in a nudist village in the south of France, pulls her life together after her husband's suicide. She wins a major project and things begin to happen. (Mystery/Thriller, no explicit sex)

Caution: This Mystery Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic  

When Helen passed through customs in Geneva late that afternoon, she spotted Rummy standing at the barrier with a large young man. She went to Rummy and, with a quick look at his companion, gave him a hug. Rummy returned the hug, and looked at her when she giggled.

"Well, you're wearing one, too," he said, a little sheepishly.

She looked at him with an absolutely straight face. "You're damn right. Until I leave. It may be a waste of time — and comfort — but it's worth it... Who's our friend?"

Rummy turned to the tall young man beside him. "Mme Wallace, this is Inspector Semmel. Johannes sent him to deliver us safely to our hotel."

The Inspector offered his hand and the usual pleasantries. "My car is in the parking garage," he said, turning to lead the way.

Rummy grabbed Helen's carry-on. "Doesn't look like he's expected to help with the baggage."

"I hope he doesn't need both hands free," Helen said, and shivered, not for the first time that day.

They went through a tunnel to the parking structure and up a flight of stairs. Semmel opened the door to the parking level and stepped through. He looked around for a moment, then motioned for them to follow.

As they started across the floor, a darkened black van began to roll toward them, its speed increasing rapidly as it came. Semmel noticed it immediately and motioned them ahead. "Get between those cars and get down," he said in a self-possessed but commanding voice. Helen dove between a Golf and an Audi, hitting the gritty floor with her knees and the palms of her hands. Looking to the right underneath the car, she saw Rummy crouched between the next two cars, with Semmel on his knees between him and the on-coming van.

The van, still without lights, came on quickly, moving close to the line of parked cars in which they hid. Belatedly, the headlights flashed on and the car swerved outward into the center of the passage. It slowed sharply, turned into the exit ramp and disappeared. Semmel stood up, jammed his service automatic into a pocket and was busily taking down the van's license number.

Helen pushed herself up off the floor, trying to dust the oily grit from her hands. She looked across the Audi at Rummy, now standing, and back at Semmel. "Was that a close call or just bad luck?"

From somewhere, Semmel had pulled a police radio and was muttering into it. Rummy moved around the back of the car and pulled Helen to him. "I have an idea we'll know in a big hurry. You all right?"

Helen looked at him. "Not even the shakes. I'd hate to think I'm getting used to this." She hugged him quickly and moved toward Semmel, who was now returning his radio and his gun to their normal hiding places. "Where's your car?" she asked.

"Sorry," he replied. "I can't imagine what that was about, but we'll know soon. My car is just over here, the blue Benz." He led the way and opened the doors for them.

They rolled quickly down the ramps to the exit, where two policemen were already questioning the occupant of the van that had nearly hit them. Semmel pulled up ahead of the stopped van and walked back to speak to the officers briefly, returning after only a moment and heading the car to the airport exit. "The officers said the guy is drunk. They'll make damn sure about that, but he's in trouble any way you look at it." He grinned at Rummy in the passenger's seat. "I don't take kindly to getting my good trousers in the dirt."

Helen thought, 'He should see my knees, ' and brushed them again, picking bits of grit out of the skin with hands that weren't all that clean either.


Johannes met them at the entrance to the hotel, where Semmel pulled up his car and helped them out.

Johannes hugged Helen hurriedly and shook Rummy's hand, urging them inside. "Go ahead; I'll be right with you." They hurried into the hotel, sinking onto an overstuffed couch not far from the entrance. In moments, Johannes came through and over to speak with them.

"I just wanted to tell Semmel he'd done a good job. They called me at the office and I came right over. Tell me the details while we go up to your rooms. You're already registered."

Johannes led the way into the lift, and brought them to their rooms while absorbing their slightly differing accounts of the incident.

"The men on the scene confirm the driver appeared drunk, but we're doing a blood test; we're checking the ownership of the vehicle and we're also asking the driver why he had a machine pistol under the seat." He looked closely at Helen. "I'm glad you took my advice about the vest."

"Glad I didn't really need it," Helen answered, "... yet. I'd better not have to wear this to bed."

"Not here," Johannes said, turning to Rummy, "She asked me on the phone if I had a cop in every room. I don't, but this is a secure facility we maintain. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to eat in the restaurant or in your rooms while you're here. The food isn't bad, though, for Switzerland." He turned to go down the hall, paused. "Can we meet for drinks and dinner in about an hour?"

They each went into their rooms, which were next to each other. Helen tried the door between the two, opening it to find Rummy doing likewise. She grinned.

"These rooms are probably bugged," Rummy said.

"So what?" Helen asked. "You okay?"

"Fine. But you'd better do something about your knees and hands."

"I'll take a shower." She began undressing. "Why don't you call Doris?"


"We've got some more news from the team that's working the van at the airport," Johannes said over drinks. They were seated in a pleasant, though somewhat old-fashioned bar just off the dining room of the hotel. Accepting Johannes's assurances, Helen had left her Kevlar vest in her room, but considering Johannes's medical issues and her affection for him, she was dressed conservatively. Rummy had on an open-neck dress shirt with his jacket and slacks, and even Johannes had shed his three-piece suit for a similar outfit.

"Well, let's have it, then," Rummy said, going on to observe to Helen, "I admit I'd rather be on your porch than here, but Johannes has really taken pretty good care of us."

Helen nodded, waiting to hear what Johannes had to say.

Johannes grinned. "I'll certainly go along with that, Rummy. Anyway, it does appear the guy was drunk, and the machine pistol he had with him is on our list of suspect weapons. He's not being very forthcoming about who he is and why he was there, nor about what he had in mind. On the other hand, we do have an important break here." He paused to drink from his glass.

Helen took a guess. "Five will get you ten, the van was rented."

"Right. Using Theo's card again." Johannes lifted his glass to her.

"What I don't understand... ," Rummy said, pausing to wipe his mouth after a draught of Guinness, "what I don't understand is why there was just one of them. Pretty hard to drive the damn thing and shoot out the opposite window."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.