The Freiburg Project
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Mystery Sex Story: Chapter 11 - A young, successful architect, who lives in a nudist village in the south of France, pulls her life together after her husband's suicide. She wins a major project and things begin to happen. (Mystery/Thriller, no explicit sex)

Caution: This Mystery Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic  

She took the TGV to Montpellier. It was her habit, after a long trip, to ride first class, at least on the train. The quiet helped her relax and, in the greater space, she could do some work. Today as the train slid from the Gare de Lyon through the southern suburbs gathering speed, Helen wrote up a report on her laptop and settled into her chair.

After Theo's death, Helen had left Stuttgart and moved to Paris, continuing to work for the same architectural firm, expanding her experience in designing and building recreational spaces. She found an attractive apartment in the Sixième that had the glassy studio style famous from the days of starving artists in the 19th and early 20th centuries. In these days, such a 'garret' studio was only affordable by people with substantial incomes, like hers, and was rarely even available in the better parts of town. She loved the apartment's fin-de-siècle atmosphere and didn't mind the cost. When she went on her own, it was a decision she made with care and never regretted.

Paris had been good to her in many ways. She had lived there as a girl, gone to school there until her family's travels took her to Germany and the university. It had been a secure place to return after the shock of tragedy. She found new friends, one or two casual lovers like René. Her friendship and fond (she could not admit to the word 'loving') connection with Johannes was a somewhat different matter, though not enough so to affect her unwillingness to enter what she called a "relationship".

The episode in Geneva was still with her. Johannes had been a good friend and a rewarding lover since she had left the life whose end she was still trying to forget. After Rummy Harms, he was the most reliable, the most understanding and sensitive man she had known through those years of reconstruction. The night with René had just been an opportunity to bank the fires that had gone unslaked during the days in Geneva and London.

But, as she considered it all, she thought, too, of Johannes, and shivered. 'I may have to think more about this, ' she said to herself, more aware now of the dangers of modern sexual adventurism. 'René may be a thing of the past, condoms notwithstanding.'

As her depression and shock over Theo's death had eased, Helen had thrown herself into her work, gaining additional recognition for her imagination and creative approach, where she had always been known for attention to detail and precision execution. Once she had gone on her own as an architectural consultant, she was able to push for larger roles with previous clients and to advance her creative abilities.

Her partnership with Rummy Harms had enabled her to branch out into project management, as well as creation, building the projects she designed. But her growth was also due to a certain deeper understanding and empathy that she was able to achieve with her clients and express in her work that her position in a larger firm had not permitted. Her recent success in Geneva was another confirmation of her negotiating skills, as well as of her design creativity.

Recreational spaces, she knew, are more than places to play. They must include places for privacy, meditation, where possible for an interplay with nature, and many other aspects of design. And somehow she was able to see and reach for these opportunities amid the myriad technical details of designing and constructing a building.

Even as she built her reputation she found time for introspection she had not taken advantage of in her earlier life. Her long walks on the beach were a part of that, as was her tendency to use travel as a meditative opportunity. She was not a person for whom despair or depression held any attraction. She looked for ways to consider her life and they helped her begin to find a kind of peace, or at least, a cessation of the inner emotional hostilities that had nearly overwhelmed her after Theo's death. Nevertheless, she had made a basic decision: never again a relationship on which she depended as she had on Theo.

As the train flew south through the countryside, Helen watched the scenery at the middle distance, beyond the blur of the track-side buildings and structures too close to see at speed.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.