Wish Me Luck, The Sequel
Part 3: Matt Meets Linda

Copyright© 2007 by DG Hear

Romantic Sex Story: Part 3: Matt Meets Linda - A stand alone sequel about the relationships of two people. There is a lot of grouping this story qualifies for but we don't want to give anything away. Jake Rivers and I co-authored this story.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic  

When I walked into the place, Linda looked up from her drink, giving me a hard look, which relaxed a little as she saw I wasn't part of Barry's group. I walked up to her and asked, "Would you mind if I sat down next to you?"

She shrugged her shoulders so I pulled a chair out. The waiter looked at me and I pointed to a galvanized tub filled with Kalik beer in twenty-four ounce bottles. I'd never been to this beach but I had been to the Bahamas a couple of times. Kalik didn't export and had about half of the domestic market. When I could get it, it was my favorite beer. Mostly it was a mellow beer that seemed to take the edge off the sometimes harsh sun and generally made me feel kind of laid back.

She was studying me somewhat covertly. I let her look me over, let her get used to me being there. I was happy sitting there mellowing out on the Kalik. I had just held my empty bottle up and waved it for a replacement, when she finally spoke — probably out of curiosity if nothing else.

"Who are you?"

"Well, my name is Matt and I'm on the same ship you are on. Look, I'll be straight with you. I wasn't trying to but I saw everything that happened at the beach over there." I waved my arm vaguely towards where we had been.

When she heard the word 'everything' she blushed, thinking of the implications of what that meant on a nude beach.

I continued, "You stumbled into a problem that's not of your own making and I can only see one way out."

I told her about my wife — not the details, just what the result was. "Barry is not going to be discouraged easily. He thinks you are stuck in his cabin and beholden to him for your plane trip home. I know this is hard for you to accept, but I do have an extra bed — they are bunk beds, really, a lower berth and an upper that folds out from above. I also have a plane ticket to Cincinnati. I think I heard someone say you and Barry flew down from Philadelphia. That's just a short hop from Cincinnati."

"Why are you doing this? You don't know me. What's in it for you? Are you expecting sex or something?" she asked.

"I saw what you were going through and thought maybe I could help. No one should have been misled the way you were. I don't want anything from you. I had the extra ticket and thought you could use it. I'm sorry if you think I'm interfering or want something from you. Maybe I should go. I'm sorry to have bothered you."

"Wait," she said. "I'm the one that should be sorry. You come here as my guardian angel and I bitch at you. It's just that it's hard for me to trust anyone at the moment. Surely you can understand?" she asked.

"Look, there isn't even a plane out of this place. Your only realistic alternative would be to charter a boat to Grand Bahama Island and take a plane out of Freeport. You are going to get killed on the plane ticket by flying at the last minute. Why don't you come take a look at the room and then we can go to lunch and you can get to know me. Unless you want to get sucked into what Barry wants you to do we have to get your luggage out of his room."

She looked pensive, and commented, "Well, I certainly agree with you on moving my bags." Suddenly decisive, she added, "Okay, let's do that. I'll move my bags to your room and then we'll go to lunch. I'm not even going to leave that SOB a note!"

We took a taxi right away and went to her room. The 'Please Clean' sign was on the door so the room hadn't been cleaned yet and it reeked of sex. Linda looked upset so I waited in the hallway while she gathered her belongings. I took her larger bag and we went up two levels to my room. The room was about the same size as Barry's but it seemed larger because of the single bed. There was room for a love seat and a chair. I didn't have a window because the interior rooms were a lot less expensive and I'd been trying to save money at the time.

I've always been neat and all my stuff was well organized. Sad to say my cabin did not reek of sex. I put her bags on my bed, "If you stay you can have the lower bunk. There is no graceful way for a woman to climb into the upper berth."

Linda looked at me and started laughing. "I honestly thought you were kidding about the bunk beds. I wanted to see how you got out of saying that when we got here. I'm not even going to ask why you got bunk beds."

She had such a pretty smile. It was good to see her laugh.

She looked around the room and at the bathroom and closet and nodded her head a couple of times. She surprised me as she took my arm as we went to lunch. I bit the bullet and told her the whole story about how I had cheated all those years ago and Lynn had waited to bail out.

Linda told me a little about her marriage and very briefly gave a hint at how things just never seemed to work out right for her. She gradually relaxed but looked tired from all the stress.

"Linda, why don't you go to the room and take a nap? Since the cabin was booked for two, they gave me two room keys." I gave one to her. "Let me grab my book and I'll go to a quiet place and read. It's two o'clock now. Why don't I come back at five? I'll knock before I come in. In fact, let's both do it that way if you do decide to stay."

She looked relieved at that and I went up to one of the quiet bars, and read my book and wondered if I was doing the right thing. I contacted the cruise director and notified him of the room change for Linda. He was a little worried at first but once I showed him that I had booked my room for two he had no problem with it. It fact he was happy about it.

I explained that Linda was misled on coming on this cruise and wanted nothing to do with the other occupant. I didn't tell him any particulars about the swinging situation or the happenings on the nude beach.

He told me domestic fights on a ship cause a lot of trouble and he could see a problem had been avoided and thanked me for it. He also mentioned that if there were any problems between Barry and Linda to contact him.

Now I just had to hope that she would agree to stay in the room.

I went back to the room after being gone most of the afternoon and knocked, like we had agreed to, but there was no answer. I knocked slightly louder; thinking that she was either asleep or she had gone out.

It turned out that she was neither. I heard the shower running so I walked up to the door of the bathroom and knocked again, this time hard so I could be heard over the shower noise. I heard the shower go off and Linda peeked her head out.

"Oh, Matt! I thought it was the woman that cleans the rooms. I, uh, I didn't bring any clothes in the bathroom — there really wasn't enough space to change. Could you give me about ten minutes?"

"Sure, I'll walk around for a few minutes." I looked over at the lower bunk and I could see her clothes laid out. There was a pretty, yellow sundress and the bra and panties looked kind of, well, tiny. They were also yellow, paler than the dress, and slightly translucent.

I walked out to the deck, looking out at the ocean but seeing an image of how she would look in her yellow underwear. I was sure it was a sight that would warm the heart on a cold, lonely night. When I knocked at the room a few minutes later she opened the door at once.

"I'm sorry, Matt. I didn't mean to keep you out of the room for so long. But I slept so deeply I just couldn't wake up. Then when I did, I felt like I was still half asleep and I jumped in the shower. Matt... I, I would like to stay with you, if it's okay with you."

With a wry frown, she added, "I don't have a lot of choices here and your offer seems like the best thing."

I just nodded my okay and didn't say anything. I did notice that she had unpacked already.

She was dressed in the clothes she laid out, pretty in yellow, but all I could think of was what she was wearing under the dress.

"Linda, let's go up and have a cocktail, okay?

At her nod, I led her out of the room. She again pleased me by taking my arm. We went to the piano bar where a young woman was playing an assortment of old standards: Tony Bennet, Frank Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney — all the great stuff of years past.

I suggested that in keeping with the music we have Martinis. I watched the bartender make them; mostly because I wanted to be sure it was dry enough. That made me think of the old saw about the bartender that made the driest Martinis in the world: he put the vermouth bottle by the glass and let it sit there for about ten seconds with the lid off and then put the vermouth away. This guy knew what he was doing. I was surprised when, instead of a cheap bar gin, he used Bombay Sapphire.

I walked over to the piano player and asked her if she could play "The Look of Love," by Sergio Mendez and Brazil '66.

She smiled and answered, "Sure, that's one of my favorites."

She started playing an extended intro to the song and I walked back and asked Linda to dance. We started, kind of tentatively; we hadn't held each other before. The girl at the piano started singing:

"I can hardly wait to hold you, feel my arms around you,
How long I have waited.
Waited just to love you, now that I have found you,
Don't ever go, you've got the look of love, it's on your face."

With that Linda melted into my arms. Her head was on my chest and I could see her face but she felt sad. The woman played several more, slow, romantic numbers without singing. I was getting ready to take Linda back to the table when the piano player started singing again. It was one of my all time favorites and one that always made me feel sad. It was Julie London's "Cry Me a River":

"Now you say you're lonely
You cry the whole night through
Well, you can cry me a river, cry me a river
I cried a river over you"

When the song finished we just stood there for a moment, with her leaning against me. She stepped back and kissed me firmly on the lips. Just as she finished, I felt the barest hint of her tongue slipping in.

Neither of us felt like finishing our drinks, so we went out to the deck and walked around, slowly, holding hands and looking at people. I had the oddest feeling, like I was a teenager again and bashful around girls. Later that night I almost killed someone.

It was after dinner and we were in the casino. I was playing blackjack, doing okay, and Linda was at a nearby slot machine doing quite well. At least it sounded that way from all the coins rattling down. All of a sudden, there was a commotion. I looked around and Barry had his hand on Linda's shoulder. From the way she looked, I could tell that it was hurting her.

I heard him say, "Nobody walks away from me, bitch! Come with me. You're are going back to my room with me," as I launched myself off my chair. A man in a security uniform neatly cut me off.

"I'll take care of this, sir."

He walked up behind Barry and quickly had his arm twisted behind his back and frog-stepped him out of the casino. I put my arms around Linda as she stood there, sobbing. A few minutes late, the cruise director came in and took us out on the deck.

"Since you talked to us, we have had security watching him. Tonight he was drunk and I think he'd taken some drugs. We run into that problem a lot — people can get drugs much cheaper here than they can at home so they stock up and try to sneak it in. We have a strict 'no drug' policy and we will watch him closely. Tonight he has been warned that if he bothers this lady again he will be locked up until we get back to Miami." With a strong handshake, he bid us good night.

We decided we had had enough for the night so we went up to bed. It was our first night together and it was awkward. I tried to lighten things up by making a couple of jokes, but they fell flat. She was nervous and all I could do was to put her at ease.

We got through the night without any problems. She was wearing pajamas and I had on my boxers. I didn't even own any pajamas and always slept nude. I was sure once that I could hear her gently sobbing. I guess the whole thing had been very traumatic for her.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.