A New Portal: Crossroads - Cover

A New Portal: Crossroads

Copyright© 2007 by Ringmaster

Chapter 7

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 7 - When her cloak dropped to the ground, her assets became visible, he squawked and the other guard gasped and they both stepped back a pace and both dropped their blades. "Forgive me Great Mother! Please! Forgive a foolish man, I did not know you are a Great Mother." "Note: You should have at least read some of the DiD stories to understand this Universe, With Lazlo's permission. Please read "Return of an Earth Hero" first

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Slow  

Commotion, yes that is a good term for the cluster fuck I found as I came around the last wagon and saw the caravan wagon leaning partially over and one of the wheels buried in the sand up to the axle. The Boss was there keeping everyone away from the side to keep them from getting crushed if it went over. He also directed the unloading, as some of them started emptying the wagon carefully from the rear. He motioned me to him.

"This is what I was talking about when you first came to me. The gas pockets if near the surface sometimes cause an eruption when a wagon passes over them. The gas escapes and a void causes the sand and the wagon to fall into the void. If it's a small void this happens, if a large void the entire wagon and team can be lost. Sometimes even the driver if he isn't fast enough or if the void is too big. I lost an uncle to such a void many years ago. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen, mostly they are like this just an interruption with maybe a slight loss if there is damage but always a delay. Once unloaded it will be backed out and reloaded and we'll be on our way again."

I nodded as he explained it to me, I'd pass it on to Ellen and Chris later. I'd seen them stop and look but then continue on with their patrol of the caravan.

He kicked sand around with his boot a couple of times as he looked around to see if anyone was near.

"Ah, Dallan. I know you are apprenticed to Great Mother Ellen and therefore under her direct control but I have also noticed both Great Mothers subtle deferral to you and ah, ah..."

"And you in your own subtle way are asking me what the story is? Correct?"

"Yes, that is what I would like to know if you can tell me that is."

"Ok. We are companions so to speak, on a great adventure. We have decided that I would make an occasional decision as part of my training. How better to learn than by doing? If I decide wrong on something I'm sure one of the Great Mothers would be more than happy to correct me or adjust my thinking. Don't you agree?" I answer with a slight smile.

He thought about my answer for a moment as he nodded yes, then his eyes widened, "and the noises we hear on occasion from the area of your wagon?"

"Oh that must be some desert animal, I'm sure it must be a desert cat of some kind or maybe a night bird."

"I see," he said. "Yes that must be what is casing the noises, thank you for your time and information, I'll make sure the wagon gets finished and we can get moving again."

I turned toward my mount and smiled to myself as I started to get back aboard, especially when I heard him muttering something about it being over 200 years since that particular bird had been heard on Sandstorm.

"HE SAID WHAT? Oh Dallan I'll never be able to look him in the eyes again."

"Relax Ellen, he would never bring it up to you or Chris either for that matter. The way they defer to you he would never and I mean never make any kind of reference to it either. We should probably muffle ourselves a bit if at all possible but otherwise forget it. After all, you are a Great Mother."


That evening as we sat around the oasis among the palm trees and finished the evening meal we were discussing the next phase of my training when a large presence was felt. All three of us turned to see a large man standing to the side waiting for our acknowledgement of him.

I looked him up and down, "may we help you?"

"I am Jeffe, we have watched the Great Mother training you and would ask if it is permitted to practice weapon combat with a Great Mother? I have brought a practice weapon if it is permitted."

I had seen this man in my rounds, when we arrived he was one that had done the respectful bow. It was kind of hard to miss him in fact. He had to be near 250 pounds and 6' 6" or so. That meant he had about 30 pounds on Ellen but I'd still bet she was way stronger even with his size. I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders so she would know it was her decision.

She smiled up at him as she rose to her feet doing a small bow to him as he had done, "I would be honored to spar with you Jeffe."

His eyebrows rose as he realized she had accepted and the honor done him.

Another man stepped forward, bowing to Ellen, "Blunt training blades, no blood, first acknowledged wounding or death blow ends it. Agreed?" Both answered yes, then separated by about twenty feet and removed their hooded capes.

As the signal to start was sounded they approached each other wearily. Occasionally reaching out to contact the others blade. They parried back and forth, Jaffe trying to overpower Ellen a couple of times but just as I knew it wouldn't work, she would start a fancy flourish of swings and counters that would cause him to back off a step or two.

They fight awhile and move around to the edge of the oasis. A couple of us move on to a small dune to watch from a better vantage point. The young boy standing next to me suddenly yelped as he grabbed toward me. As he did I started to fall and I yelled too. Chris as always was only standing a couple of feet away but she dropped to the ground as she reached for me grabbing my cloak as the boy had done the same. I held him with one hand as I held to Chris with the other. Moments later Ellen was there to pull us all back to more solid ground or sand if you're a real stickler for details. Someone I couldn't see mentioned that we were lucky the void hadn't gotten us, and as others voiced agreement the small crowd broke up as everyone went back to the caravan. The boy was near to prostrating himself before us thanking us for saving him.

I pulled him to his feet and asked him his name.

"I am called Omar, Great One."

Surprised I asked, "Why would you call me that Omar, I am but a man?"

"You travel with two Great Mothers. You have been seen with a Protector watching you. Some of us see you as a Great One."

I looked at the ladies and saw the large smiles on their faces, shaking my head I held his shoulder as I looked at him, "Omar, it was you that gave us the warning, my companions and I would like to thank you for saving both of us. Thank You!"

His eyes blinked a couple of times as he looked back at me, a huge smile lit his face as he slowly bowed to the three of us, turned and with head held high and a slight strut, he walked away.

Ellen looked at me and said, "I think we just made his day."

"Yep, working on the week too." I returned. "I want to talk to the Boss as soon as I can find him. What happened at the end Ellen? I kinda missed the ending."

Ellen looked over at me as we walked. "Yes, I have noticed that you have a rather short attention span at times. We should work on that when we can. You really should concentrate more on the important things."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.