The Incident - Cover

The Incident

Copyright© 2007 by Blue88

Chapter 3

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Can a drunken, almost accidental act of adultery destroy a marriage?

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Cheating   Slow  

I did spend a hell of a lot of time thinking about what Sunny had told me. That's it, I just spent time thinking about it. I never really took any action, I never attempted to further the relationship we had, but I guess that I was seeing Casey in a different light, viewing her now more as a victim. Damn it, I found myself actually feeling a bit sorry for her, what a fucked up childhood. As the weeks and months went by, I became... shit, what did I become? Was I more tolerant, more sympathetic? I don't know. I did notice that I was spending more time in her company. We were talking a bit more, and not always about the children. Emily had skipped a grade and now both kids were in college.

I also began noticing that she was keeping herself in pretty good shape. I knew how old she was and despite the fact that the big 40 wasn't too far down the road, she had managed to keep her figure. Was she running, I wondered? Did my early morning runs inspire her? Whatever she was doing, it was working. I guess I was a bit surprised, I really hadn't noticed, but she was still a gorgeous woman, and then a strange and unfamiliar feeling of regret went through me. I realized how long it had been since we made love. I shut that down quickly, nothing down that road but pain.

Oh, don't get the wrong idea. There wasn't a tectonic shift in our relationship. We still related more or less as we had for the past years. If anything, maybe there was a bit of a warming. We didn't avoid each other as diligently as we had, perhaps. I don't know... maybe I'm just spinning my wheels here, but I found that I wasn't as angry and bitter as I had been. Foolish me.

We had our mild ups and downs, although most of the time you couldn't tell what was up and what was down. For example: that night she came home quite late from work, marched right by me with a pinched expression on her face, hurried up the stairs, into her room and I then heard the lock engage. Strange, she hadn't locked her door in ages. I remember just shrugging and going back to what I was doing. I slept well that night and made sure that I awoke early. I washed, dressed and was out of the house without waking Casey.

It all turned to shit the day after Casey's strange behavior the evening before. I was stopped in the hall at work by none other than Laura Ingram "Alex, I hope that you can free up some time this afternoon. We have something very important to discuss. Please make sure that you're available." She then turned and flounced off. (Is flounce a word?)

I stood there looking after her. "Hello, what the hell was that all about? She spoke to me as if I were worked for her. Where did that arrogance come from? Immediately my suspicions were arroused. That bitch felt pretty confident and I had a creepy, crawly feeling that she was going to try fucking me, figuratively of course. I walked quickly to my office and checked the equipment.

Yeah, you can guess what equipment I'm referring to. Voice activated tape recorders as well as a small video camera which was situated so that it covered the chairs in front of my desk. I had that equipment installed when a vendor a few years ago had offered me a payoff. I put him off at the time and quickly, with the approval of Ray Fowler, had the surveillance equipment installed. It wasn't terribly expensive and it did the trick. That vendor became toast, and it looked like my little toys might pay off again. You think I was being paranoid? You never met Laura Ingram or you wouldn't think that.

My office door is rarely closed all the way and I heard Laura instruct, yep, that's the word, instruct my secretary that we were not to be disturbed. "No calls," she instructed. Sonofabitch, what balls. She appeared in my doorway carrying a manila envelop and pushed the door shut behind her. I had already started up the equipment. Gotta tell you the truth. I was enjoying myself, that is until she dropped a bomb on me. A bomb that blew my life apart.

She walked confidently to my desk and dropped into a chair, looking at me with a smile that was almost a sneer. Despite the contempt I felt for her I had to admit that she was a looker. Short, dark hair, curled around her face and a flawless complection. Not tall, average height, but put together very nicely. Good body, firm and tight despite her age which I figured was well into her 40s.

Today she was clad in a rather filmy, clingy kind of dress. It showed off her assets very nicely and strangely enough, one could not see any bra or panty line. Okay, okay, I despised her, but I was still human. She was a bit of a bombshell, but feeling about her as I did, I wouldn't fuck her with your dick. Great body, but rotten to the core. I sat back and waited. It was obvious that she was very pleased about something, something that was not going to make me happy. I figured I'd wait and see what she had.

She shifted in her chair, still not saying anything. The large manila envelope she had been carrying now rested on my desk, in front of her. She then did something, which I admit, surprised the hell out of me. She crossed her legs. Not as a woman usually does, but as a man does. You know, ankle of one leg on the thigh of the other. Can you imagine what that did? Her dress just slid up to her crotch. I blinked... what the f...

Laura," I said quietly. "What do you think you're doing. Let's demonstrate a bit of modesty." Shit, I was as cool as 007.

She smirked and lifted the skirt of her dress a bit higher. Her upper thighs were now visible as well as her crotch. No panties. Gotta admit, she had a nice snatch. She obviously trimmed her pubic hair and shaved the lips of her pussy. Despite my loathing for this broad, I have to admit I felt more than a bit of a stirring in my... ah... groin? I did grin to myself though, I was getting this all on tape. I almost laughed out loud.

"Not bad, huh, Alex. You could have had some of this whenever you wanted, you know," she said, smiling broadly. She reached down with a finger and stroked the lips of her labia. I just sat there, rather fascinated. I almost felt hypnotized by this snake before me. I blinked again, now noticing that she was actually starting to lubricate, a drop of wetness glistening between those bare lips.

I gathered myself together suddenly, trying to figure just what the hell was going on. "Okay, Laura. You can stop the seduction crap now, I'm not interested. What do you want?" I asked brusquely.

The damn broad actually giggled. I couldn't believe it. I think that was the first time I saw, or rather heard, her do that in all the years we'd been here. I then saw her insert a finger into her vagina and then pull it out. What the hell was going on, I wondered. She examined her finger, then to my astonishment, put it in her mouth and licked it clean. Oh, shit. I remember thinking that I was getting out of my depth.

Then suddenly, Laura pulled her skirt down and sat up. The smile she had been wearing turned bitter. "Okay, Alex. Play time is over. I've wanted to pull your chain like that for years, but you always ignored whatever signal I sent your way. Well, fuck you now. Your opportunity at me has passed. You could have fucked me, but you didn't. Now..." and her smile broadened. "Now," she repeated, "I get to fuck you," and damned if she didn't giggle again.

"You thought that little Laura would just take being passed over that easily? You know damn well that this job should have gone to me. I had the seniority, I was here longer than you. My numbers were just as good, but I wasn't in the good old boys club, was I? So Laura gets a pat on the ass and a "better luck next time" explanation. What the fuck, she's only a broad, right, Alex? And you joined in the laughter, I bet. I bet you just laughed your ass off."

I sat there, dumbfounded at her bitterness, at the hatred that she finally exposed, that had been bottled up for who knows how long. She didn't even give me a chance to reply.

"Here's what you're going to do, Alex honey. By the end of the day tomorrow, you're going to hand in your resignation. Oh yes, you're going to resign. But that's not the only thing you'll do. In your letter of resignation you're going to strongly, let me repeat that, strongly recommend me for your position."

I looked at her. Had she finally flipped, was she having a nervous breakdown? I remember wondering if I should call the paramedics. Is she going to become dangerous? I tried to reason with her.

"Now Laura... let's just calm down a bit. There's no need to get too excited. We need to..."

"Shut the fuck up, Seagill. Don't patronize me. You'll do exactly what I just told you, or else..." she spat, her voice dripping with vitriol.

I was getting just a little pissed now. "Or else what?" I snapped.

"Or else copies of these will be sent to every single person you and your slut know in this town. Her relatives, your relatives, your church, your friends... everybody, Seagill. Everybody." She then opened the manila envelope and shook out a bunch of 5" x 8" photos.

"Looks like she's really enjoying it, doesn't she, sweetie. By the way, you can't see his face, but that's my hubby with her. He's her boss. Isn't that a riot, she gets a job at my husband's agency. Talk about poetic justice," she laughed.

I froze. I felt a constriction in my chest and I found it hard to breathe. There was a ringing in my ears and, so help me, for a moment I felt light-headed and I thought I was going to pass out. I couldn't touch them, I just stared at photographs of my wife being fucked - that's what the top two photos, which had separated from the other 4, showed. There was no mistaking it. It showed Casey lying there, her eyes closed, while some guy was plundering her.

"Ta ta, sweetie pie. Remember, tomorrow, by the end of the day. Your resignation and recommendation, or else," she hissed, then turned and left.

What astonished me, after I had the time and mental equilibrium to think about it, was my first emotion. It wasn't rage or contempt, as you would imagine. It was... I guess the simplest word would be... hurt. I just sat there feeling terribly saddened. I admit it, my eyes had teared up. I couldn't believe that she would do that, that Casey would cheat on me, that she would actually have an affair. All of my indifference, all my talk about not caring, all of the bullshit I had fed myself over the past years, went poof, vanished.

I just sat there and felt terribly hurt... disappointed... yeah, and feeling sorry for myself. I felt a bitter grimace twist my lips; it looked like Casey had finally gotten over her horror of infidelity.

I don't know how long I sat there. At first any thoughts I had were disjointed, unformed. I felt the tears start. Shit, that shouldn't be happening, it's not like there had been much of a marriage. Strangely, my mind drifted back to the early years of our marriage. It had all been so good, so perfect. Paradise lost. It had all turned to shit and the final load had just been delivered.

No one disturbed me, my phone didn't ring. You know, you can sit and feel sorry for yourself for only so long. It didn't take an inordinate amount of time for a shift in my emotions. I finally sucked it up and accepted the fact that Casey had, very effectively, ended our excuse of a marriage. I tamped down my hurt, my disappointment. I ignored the hollowness that had started to develop within me. Another emotion was helping me do that.

I started to get mad. No, not just mad. I felt an icy cold rage that I welcomed within me. I shaped it, nurtured it and tucked it away to feed my revenge. What a stupid bitch. Oh, Laura, you think you're going to fuck me? I'm going to make you wish that you had never set eyes on me. I'm going to destroy you and your asshole of a husband.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost 5 pm. I quickly buzzed my secretary and instructed her to call my house and leave a message that I would be away overnight on business. I just didn't want to see Casey. I was afraid that I would lose it. I then left a message for Ray Fowler telling him that I needed to see him first thing in the morning.


"Damn it, Reggie," I complained as we bounced along in his ancient Morris Minor. "I don't understand how this heap of yours still runs. You've got to have a million miles on it."

"Don't be daft, laddie. Old Minnie here is just reaching maturity. I got her in 1970 and I don't know how many miles she's reached - the odometer shut down years ago. In any event, I love the old gal and I'm betting that I go before she does."

I had to chuckle, old Reg surely did baby the wreck. We were on our way to the island's premier resort for a leisurely lunch. Reggie insisted that it was his turn and I didn't argue with him.

The ride wasn't a long one and I had to hide my laughter at the expression on the valet's face as we pulled up to the front entrance. Then again, it was no different than we had seen the other times we had eaten there. For some reason it was difficult for them to hide their distaste for Reg's old clunker.

It wasn't crowded, thank goodness, and we were able to dine on the outdoor patio, not far from the beach. Afer lunch, we just relaxed with our iced tea. I beat him to the punch...

"So Reg, you did promise to give me more details of your relationship with your Margaret. The sketch you related was just that - a sketch. How about being a bit more specific, especially how your relationship developed throughout the years."

Reg seemed a bit startled at my words. He looked at me and then smiled a bit wryly. "Fine, Alex. We'll trade tales today, but let's take a nice stroll on the beach. The weather is fine and there's a nice breeze."

I agreed and we walked down the short flight of stairs to the sand below. We both donned sunglasses for the glare off the sand and the water was fierce. It wasn't long before Reggie began.

"You're very perceptive, Alex. I can understand why you were so successful in sales. You know how to "read" people, I believe is the phrase," he said quietly.

"There really isn't a lot to tell. What I hadn't told you was something that happened about 25 years into our marriage. We were both in our 50s and I had kept my vow. I certainly had no desire to lose Margaret over any foolishness on my part. I'm not sure if I had mentioned it, but I was a solicitor in London. I had moved up nicely in the firm and at the time had to travel a bit, engaging in various legal work for clients in other parts of the UK. I really was never away more than one or two nights, so it wasn't a major concern.

Margaret was a nurse and was engaged in private practice. She would be sent to various sites to assist mainly with patients just coming out of hospital. She enjoyed the work and it gave her the flexibility to work or not as she desired. Well, our "problem", as I delicately put it, began when my firm took on a chain of perfumeries. They were in the process of acquiring another smaller chain and we were to take care of the legalities. Unfortunately, their headquarters, and I use the term loosely, was located in Liverpool, necessitating overnight trips. They had their administrative offices right in the factory itself and each time I came home from one of my visits there, I guess I stank of the various fragrances.

"Now, I never gave it a second thought. I would just arrive home, shed my garments and take a shower, but little did I know what was going through Margaret's mind. She was certain that I had slipped again and was having an affair. One would think that she would confirm her suspicions by sharing them with me, wouldn't one? She did not, she had already convinced herself. I guess you can imagine what action she took."

I shook my head. I was really engrossed in Reggie's tale, and I truthfully could not imagine what action Margaret took, but I did have a question. "Reg, didn't she know that you were working in a perfume factory? Didn't you discuss your work?"

"Nae, laddie. We seldom discussed our professional duties. We tended to leave work behind at the end of the day. I never even thought to tell her anything about the clients that I visited."

"So what action did she take? What did she do," I asked.

Reggie looked at me as we continued to stroll. He had an expression of pity at my "youthful innocence", as he put it. He was quiet for awhile before he continued. "Margaret was quite a woman, laddie. Despite her age, she kept herself in fine form. She was quite into health and exercise, that sort of rot and she took her own advice so thoroughly that although in her 50s she appeared no older than a women in her early 40s, I would say - perhaps even younger.

"Well, where was I? Oh yes, what action did she take? She had taken a lover, Alex. She decided to really teach me a lesson; wanted me to know the pain of infidelity."

Reggie shook his head ruefully and was quiet again for a bit. "Well, it was a bit of a mess for quite awhile. I discovered her affair and confronted her. She wasn't the least bit apologetic or contrite - asked me, in fact, how it felt. Told me that now I knew the pain. I, of course, was highly indignant, outraged at her accusation and her adultery. I immediately packed my things and left our home. I filed for divorce in anger and pique at my wife's behavior.

"It didn't take Margaret long to learn that she had been mistaken, but I was adamant. I had the high moral ground and in my arrogance had no intention of relinquishing it. She pleaded for forgiveness and I turned a cold shoulder to her. After all, I was the one who had been faithful for years. I had given up my philandering and had been true. She was the one who had so little faith in me - so little faith that she wouldn't even come to me and voice her concerns or suspicions.

"We were apart for almost two years. The divorce went through without contest and we were no longer married. It took that long for me to come to my senses, to realize what an utter fool I had been. Missing my Margaret began not long after I left my home, but after months apart the ache became almost unbearable, but still, in my arrogance, I wouldn't give in to it. That would only show weakness, it would mean that I condoned her behavior.

"As I slowly started to come to my senses, I made small overtures to Margaret. A telephone call now and then asking how she was. She was polite, but cool. I sent her flowers on her birthday, but the thank you card was always most formal. Then, after a bit I thought that I could detect a certain warming and the hope that we could put this whole thing aside and get back together became strong."

Reggie stopped, took a breath and looked about him. We had retraced our steps and were now back in front of the resort where we had lunch. He saw some chairs and headed for them, sagging into one. It was obvious that he was in emotional pain and I suggested a drink. He shook his head in refusal.

"She died, laddie. Margaret had a sudden heart attack and died. I couldn't believe it. She was always so careful about how we both ate and would stress the importance of exercise. She died before I could... , before I..." Reggie stopped, it was obvious that he couldn't continue. Despite his refusal, I ran into the resort and got a couple of gin and tonics. Returning to his side, I forced one into his hand and made him sip it.

Reggie finally took a deep breath and I saw the muscles in his neck relax a bit. "Quite a tale, isn't it, Alex," he murmured. " I carried on for awhile, but my heart wasn't really in it. I had made quite a bit of money during my working years and had saved quite a bit. My Margaret had a will, laddie. I didn't even know that. She left everything to me, including an inheritance from an aunt. It wasn't a king's ransom, but it was significant. I just gave it up, liquidated everything and moved here."

Reggie sighed, leaned back in his chair, and took a healthy swallow of his drink. Looking at his watch, he then suggested that it was time to leave. I asked him to be my guest for dinner later in the week and he slapped my back and said that he'd be delighted.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.