Return From The Dark Side
Chapter 18: A Happy New Year

Copyright© 2007 by Argon

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 18: A Happy New Year - Henry Ruiz-Costa is an out-of-luck mercenary and hit man. When he rescues Josie Maxwell, he thinks that his life has taken a turn for the better. Yet Josie has her own personal demons. So has beautiful Ellen Winthorp, Henry's childhood sweetheart. Watch their struggles as they bring their lives back on track and find love. Revised 12/2013.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Restart   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Voyeurism  

When they drove to the Road House for the New Year's Eve dance, Christina was the designated driver. She was not partial to drinking claiming a bad experience in her youth. Josie contemplated to forsake drink but knew it would be noticed. How could she explain her fear of screwing up?

She drank lightly during dinner in the restaurant near the harbour and she sipped sparingly when they sat at their table in the dance club. She danced a lot, though. She danced with Henry, but she sensed his insecurity. She danced with a few other men, always careful to stop before the slow dances.

The dancing made her thirsty and after another fast number, she emptied a glass of beer, not thinking of its impact on her dehydrated body. She felt it almost immediately, but whilst trying to clear her head she was pulled up for another dance by a guy, Roger Something, with whom she had danced before.

She was reluctant to begin with, but when the music changed to a slow foxtrot, she wanted to return to her table. Roger, also under the effect of a few drinks, would hear nothing of it. He wanted to harvest the slow dance where he had sowed the open dance. He tried to pull her into his arms and convince her to stay.

Josie had felt slightly dizzy and uncomfortable anyway. She wanted to resist, but he was manhandling her into his embrace. The flashes of the strobe lights and images from her nightmares made her head reel and she went nuts.

Henry heard the ruckus from the table where he was talking to Christina. He could hear Josie's voice even over the music, and he noticed the anger and the panic. He was up and at the centre of the dance floor before anybody else could react.

Josie and her dance partner had squared off in a circle left open by the stunned onlookers.

"You crazy bitch! What's wrong with you?" the man howled trying to stem the flow of blood from his nose.

"Can't you fucking hear? I said no. I said I'd had enough. I told you to let me go!" Josie screamed back, her face blotchy with an almost insane rage.

As soon as Henry touched her, she turned into him with her hands forming claws.

"Let go of me!" she screamed. Then she recognised Henry and the rage left her face, replaced by fear. "He wouldn't let me go. I told him to, but he wouldn't."

"Ssh, Josie. It's okay. I'm here. Relax!"

He held her feeling her body tremble in his arms, but he was confronted by Roger of the bloody nose.

"Take that crazy slut and get the hell out of here!" he screamed, poking a finger into Henry's chest and leaving a blood stain on the shirt.

Even with only his left hand free, Henry had no problems dealing with the man. Taking the outstretched finger in his hand and using it as lever, he forced the suddenly squealing man to his knees.

"Listen, mate! First of all, no name calling! Second, don't ever point at me! And thirdly, you were out of line when you grabbed her. Now I suggest that we stop your nose bleed and then sit and talk like adults. She will apologise for hitting you and you will apologise for being an ass. After that, we'll call it quits. You can go and find somebody more willing and we'll keep out of your way. What do you say?"

"You're breaking my finger! Let go!"

"I asked you a question, mate. Shall we call it quits or do you want to continue? Just to be clear, you'll be facing me now, not a woman."

Henry's voice was perfectly calm, but Roger understood. He tried to maintain some dignity.

"She apologises first!"

"Okay," Henry smiled. He looked down into Josie's face. "Josie, it would be helpful if you expressed your regret over the altercation. Easy, okay? Just say you're sorry and then we can talk in peace."

Josie took a deep breath and he felt her body shake in his arms.

"I'm sorry I overreacted, but you wouldn't let me go and I panicked." Another deep breath. "I hope I did not hurt you too much."

Roger gulped and thought of a fitting response. "I have misread your signals. I'm sorry if I overstepped your limits."

Henry released Roger's finger and smiled.

"See, that was easy. I suppose this settles things. I wish you a good evening."

Again, Henry did not raise his voice or take an aggressive stance. Nevertheless, Roger was happy to take the hint. He disappeared from the dance floor leaving Henry with the still shaking Josie.

"Show's over, folks," Henry announced to the onlookers and led Josie away.

Once off the dance floor, they were surrounded by family and friends. Henry signalled them to give them space. He led Josie out of the hall and to the big veranda. They found a table away from the bar but a waiter reacted to his signal and was sent to bring them two glasses of Henry's special medicine for jittery nerves.

He sat on a large chair and pulled an unprotesting Josie down to sit in his lap. She wanted to speak up but he gently placed a finger on her lips.

"Wait, Josie. Settle down first. Let's take our time."

The waiter returned with two tumblers filled with a clear, amber liquid. The first sip of the single malt whisky burned Josie's throat and warmed her from within, easing the trembling. The second sip calmed her breathing and she became aware of her surroundings again. Embarrassed, she tried to get up.

"Stay, Josie. You're not heavy," he whispered. "Tell me what scared you so much."

She looked down at her hands and blushed.

"I had this nightmare last night. I had been drinking and I was dancing. And then somebody danced with me, and he kept coming closer and closer, and I couldn't make him go away. He started to fondle me, but I was drunk and I didn't know to stop him. And then I saw it was James. I pushed him, but he had his hands between my legs. Then the lights went on and you were standing in front of me, and you looked at me like I was scum." She stopped, her head bent low.

"What happened then?" he asked softly.

She looked at him. "You beat the crap out of me and I woke up."

"That was just a stupid dream, Josie."

"No, you don't understand! It's more! I went to this conference with James. We had two or three drinks in the hotel bar after dinner and then, nothing! I wake up naked with James in my bed and my head was splitting with pain. I don't know how I got there; I can't remember a thing of that night. When I'm drunk, I'm a slut. That's what scared me so much when that asshole tried to pull me to the dance floor. I was feeling drunk and I was afraid I'd go with him and be a slut again."

Henry looked at her quizzically. "So you really don't remember taking Elrin to your room after having two or three drinks?"

Josie nodded.

"That's hard to believe, you know," he said.

"I swear, I had three drinks. A Budweiser and two white wines."

"I believe you, but two glasses of wine don't cause amnesia."

"Amnesia?"

"A fancy word for 'can't remember a thing'. Josie, have you ever heard of Rohypnol? Roofies? It's a date rape drug. It is slipped into a drink and the victim loses all control. It also induces amnesia, so the victim will not even remember who he or she was with. It looks like this Elrin character slipped you a pill."

Josie became very pale. "I think I may have to throw up," she whispered.

Henry let her have another sip of the whisky and the colour returned to her face. So did comprehension.

"Are you sure?"

"Think about it! Number one, to completely lose the memory of an evening, you have to have a lot more than two or three drinks. Number two, if he let you drink that much, he's a scoundrel to begin with. Thirdly, I think we can agree that he was trying to hoodwink you all the time. He wanted to get into your pants, into your heart and lastly into your purse. He played it well but he screwed up when he tried to get rid of Pat and Megan."

Josie's face gained colour again, but the blush was one of anger, not shame.

"That goddamned, slimy, wimpy, chickenshit son of a bitch! What's the going price for a hit these days?"

"Leave it be, Josie. He lost. Just get over him and leave him be."

"I can't! I was so ashamed of myself when I woke up with him. I thought I was a stupid slut who gets drunk and fucks the first guy that comes her way. I didn't know how to handle that. I - I couldn't think of you without feeling guilty. So I blocked you out. I tried to find reasons why we couldn't be a couple, just so I wouldn't have to decide whether to tell you about that night or not. And so I hurt you, because I was a coward. And you went to Iraq and almost got killed. I screamed all those ugly things at Pat and Megan and now they hate me. All because of this ... this ... rotten pig!"

He hugged her to his chest.

"Josie, forget Elrin. I'm alive, the twins have forgiven you and as for us, nothing has to be over. Stop beating yourself up about him. He tricked you and probably drugged you, and he used your vulnerability against you. I think I can understand you a little better now. We should come to terms with it."

"Do you really mean that?"

He nodded whilst trying to find the words to say what he felt. Being around Josie over the last days had made a lot of things clear to him even if he still had problems understanding his feelings.

"I think I can live without you, Josie," he began haltingly. "Or maybe I should say 'survive'. But it's not something to look forward to. I ... I'd like ... perhaps ... we could try again?"

There, he had said it. He looked at her waiting for the axe to fall. Instead, Josie just reached out and took his face in both hands.

"Henry, may I kiss you one more time?"

A smile lit up his eyes, and he shook his head. Her breath stuck in her throat.

"No, I want you to kiss me lots of times."

Her expression changed from rejection to consternation.

"How could you scare me so much?" she exploded.

He felt her mouth on his. For a few delicious moments, the world stopped rotating. This was even sweeter than their first kisses over three years ago. He could not miss the longing in Josie's touches and the tenderness with which she held his head. When the kiss ended they looked deeply into each other's eyes.

"We can do it," Josie finally said. "If we really want it, we can make it happen."

"It's already happening, Josie. Just look at us!"

"I know. I can hardly believe it. I had been hoping all the time."

"Let's go back to the others. It must be close to midnight and they'll be worried."

They got up and walked arm in arm back into the dance hall. Megan saw them first and nudged her sister whose face split in a big, happy smile. By the time they made it to the table, everyone was grinning at them with those 'I told you so' faces. Not that Josie or Henry cared one whit. Henry signalled a waiter and ordered two bottles of champagne.

"What's the occasion, Colonel?" Milena asked impishly.

"To toast the New Year, of course," he answered.

The waiter barely made it to their table and opened the bottle before the countdown chant erupted. They quickly filled the glasses and when the cheering began, Henry and Josie handed out the champagne glasses to everyone. It was hard to make oneself heard with all the cheering and toasting around them, but Henry made the effort anyway.

"To a happy New Year for all of us! Health, happiness and may our dreams come true!"

They all drank to that. Then Josie held up her half-full glass and took Henry's hand.

"To a wonderful man whose understanding, kindness and loyalty never cease to amaze me!"

Henry blushed deeply while the females at the table toasted him. Pat and Megan hugged him and kissed him, wishing him a Happy New Year too. Henry's blush intensified with their liberal interpretation of how a future stepfather should be kissed.

To cover his embarrassment, Henry dragged Josie to the dance floor. The band played slow numbers after the countdown and the two lovers melted together and swayed slowly to the rhythm of the music. When the music switched to faster numbers after about fifteen minutes, they woke from their dream-like state and grinned at each other sheepishly.

Their blissful state was disturbed by a loud argument. Milena and Chris were standing hand in hand and facing an angry man in a white suit. Taking Josie's hand, Henry moved closer.

"I don't give a damn, Miss. This is my club and I don't allow lewdness on my premises."

"What lewdness?" Chris retorted with fire. "We did nothing more than dozens of other couples. We danced and we kissed."

"See! There's a difference! They are couples, man and woman. There is nothing perverted about a man kissing his wife."

Henry could tell that Chris was close to blowing a gasket.

"What seems to be the problem, Chris?" he asked lightly and Chris wheeled to face him.

"Fat Boy here wants to kick us out for lewdness because I kissed a beautiful woman instead of some old geezer."

"I can't allow such behaviour. My club has a reputation to uphold. And now she's even insulting me."

Henry glared at the man. "I believe the words 'lewdness' and 'perverted' are also insulting. Whatever standards you want to uphold do not allow you the tone of voice you employed."

"My clients are offended!" the manager insisted.

Henry pointed at another couple, a balding white man in his late fifties who danced with a pretty dark skinned girl not older than twenty and had planted his hands on her buttocks.

"So am I by that pedophile over there. Would you kindly remove that child molester from your premises?"

The manager opened his mouth and closed it. His mouth moved again, but no sound came forth. Then he turned abruptly and left. The waiter who had kept in the background approached them, smiling apologetically.

"I'm sorry for this. The boss can be kind of a jerk sometimes. Can I bring you people anything?"

"Let's have one more bottle of champagne and the check," Henry answered lightly.

The mood was a bit dampened after the confrontation, but they drank their champagne and stayed for another half hour to make their point. When they finally left, the manager watched them with a smirk.

They were approaching their car when two uniformed constables approached them.

"Good evening. Who of you is the driver?"

"I am," Chris answered.

"Then I must ask you to blow into this Breathalyzer, Ma'am."

Whilst Chris complied, Henry noticed that several guests were leaving the club and driving off without being controlled.

"Dead sober, Ma'am," the constable said. "Thank you for co-operating."

Chris smiled sweetly. "Not at all, Constable."

"Say, Constable," Henry asked lazily, "you wouldn't have been tipped off by the manager of this fine establishment?"

The constable blushed. "I can't comment on that, Sir."

"No need to, thanks," Henry answered genially.

Chris smiled wolfishly at the constable. "On a word, Constable. The manager is carrying a vial with some white powder in his breast pocket. I saw him snort some of it from a small spoon. I am willing to testify to that too. Doesn't that sound like probable cause?"

The constable perked up. "You're sure about this, Madam?"

"I used to be a police officer in Atlanta, Constable, and I know a coke head when I see him. I'm willing to come to the station tomorrow and give a sworn statement."

The constable looked at his partner who nodded. "Fatty has a prior for substance abuse," he said calmly. "If the lady is right, it'll be a repeat offence. There's going to be a new management at the Road House."

The constables walked over to the club entrance from where the manager was watching them. They could see how they argued, but then the two policemen led the manager to their patrol car. The first constable gave Chris a thumbs-up.

"Payback's a bitch, ain't it!" Chris laughed before they all piled into the van to drive home.

It was close to two o'clock when they arrived at the beach house. Chris and Milena immediately headed for their room while Pat and Megan were hanging around undecided until Josie hinted that she and Henry wanted to have some privacy.

"How about a stroll on the beach?" she asked after she had given her daughters a good night kiss.

For an answer, Henry offered his arm. Using him for balance, Josie slipped off her sandals. Henry took the hint and did likewise, and after grabbing another bottle of champagne, they walked down to the beach barefooted.

"Can we return to where we left off before that fat idiot ruined the mood?" she asked.

Again, Henry did not answer directly, but he put his right arm around her waist, pulling her close as they walked. When they reached the water line, Josie unwound the wire and let the cork pop up into the air. Bringing the bottle to her mouth quickly, she caught most of the foam that bubbled up. She offered the bottle to Henry who took a swig. Josie then drank again. Pulling Henry down alongside her, she dropped onto the dry sand above the water line crossing her long legs. The skirt of her dress rode up and Henry could see her knees and thighs in the moonlight.

"You look lovely," he remarked causing a happy laugh.

She sat up and took another swig of the bubbly, rocking back and forth.

"This is life! Sitting on a beach in the moonlight, drinking good stuff and holding the hand of your lover. It can't get much better," she said with a dreamy voice. "Henry, are you very drunk?"

He took the bottle and drank. "Not yet, but I may be getting there," he answered.

"Me too," she giggled. "I want to get drunk because I know I'm safe with you."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that. Your legs look quite tempting to me. I might just ravish you."

"Yes," she answered calmly. "What's your point?"

She looked at him. "So ravish me already! Nobody's ever made love to me in the moonlight. Come to think of it, nobody's made love to me in three years."

Henry took another sip and held the bottle to Josie. She helped herself too.

"Are you sure, Josie? Do you want it?"

"More than anything in the world, darling. Please, love me now before I go crazy."


"Oh. My. God! They're really going for it!" Megan whispered.

The sisters were lying on their stomachs behind a small dune with a clear view of the beach. The silvery moonlight gave just enough illumination for them to see their mother and Henry as they melted together in a steamy embrace. They could even hear the mewling sounds Josie made as Henry's mouth made its way down her throat.

Pat gasped, "Look!"

Josie had stood up on unsteady legs. Taking the hem of her dress in both hands, she pulled it over her head and stood naked in the moonlight wearing nothing but a tiny string. Not for long though, for she bent down and stepped out of that last piece of clothing.

"Not bad for an old hag, eh?" Pat whispered, causing Megan to giggle.

"Oh no! I'm dead and gone to heaven!" Pat continued, for Henry had pushed down his slacks together with his jockeys, and the girls saw his fully erect penis bounce up. He pulled his shirt over his head next and sat down in all his naked glory. The girls watched mesmerised as Josie stood over the sitting Henry. Then Henry's face moved between Josie's thighs and they heard their mother's squeal.

Pat noticed movement beside her and heard a whimper.

"Ssh, keep quiet, Meg! What are you doing?" She looked over. "Jesus, Meg, get a grip on yourself."

"I can't," Megan whined, "I have to."

The girls were already in their pyjamas. Megan's right hand was moving conspicuously under the waist band of her bottoms. Pat tried to clear her head. This was a bit too much. Her mother was being eaten royally just twenty-five yards away and her sister was producing squishing noises with her hand between her legs. She only wished that Henry and her mother wouldn't hear Megan.

Pat looked up and realised that this was only a remote possibility. Her mother was straddling Henry's midsection now and gliding up and down in steady movements. Her breasts were in his face. From her vantage point, Pat could not see Henry's penis, but she imagined it as it stood upright, ready to fill Josie's core on each downward movement. She had to fight the temptation to follow Meg's example. Her sister was watching the loving couple with slightly glassy eyes and at least partly in her own little universe.

Meanwhile, Josie and Henry were nearing their first peak. Shaking off the cobwebs, Pat watched silently as her mother's movements became more and more urgent, she heard her whispering and whimpering unintelligible words, and then they heard Henry's voice for the first time. A hoarse cry broke from his lips and they saw him crush Josie's slender body against his chest whilst his muscles bunched as he held her down. Josie's sobbing wail came a few seconds later just before she slumped over her lover.

Pat heard a sharp intake of breath from beside her and then a sobbing whimper as Megan reached her peak too. Megan rolled on her back and Pat could see her sister's breasts as they peaked out of the partially opened pyjama top.

"Get ready! We have to split," she whispered urgently and Megan nodded with a stupid grin on her face.

Carefully, the girls crept out of sight. Only under the cover of the bushes that lined the path to the house did they get up from hands and knees.

"I can't believe you frigged yourself!" Pat expostulated once they were out of hearing.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.