Return From The Dark Side
Chapter 3: Captain Blood

Copyright© 2007 by Argon

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 3: Captain Blood - Henry Ruiz-Costa is an out-of-luck mercenary and hit man. When he rescues Josie Maxwell, he thinks that his life has taken a turn for the better. Yet Josie has her own personal demons. So has beautiful Ellen Winthorp, Henry's childhood sweetheart. Watch their struggles as they bring their lives back on track and find love. Revised 12/2013.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Restart   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Voyeurism  

The atmosphere was eerie. The thick walls of the concrete foundation blocked all sound from the outside and the air smelt stale. She was comforted by the twins' soft breathing. They slept on either side of Josie on the queen-size bed whilst the weak glow of the single 25W bulb did little to illuminate the drab room. Yet they lacked no essentials Josie reasoned. They had plenty of snack food and water, even sodas. The dingy filing room to the side housed a chemical toilet and even a water tank for a quick wash. From what Josie had seen the day before, Cap had even more frugal accommodations in his room.

Cap – the man who had helped to abduct her and her daughters. Cap – the man who had given first aid to the wounded policewoman. Cap – the man who had protected Josie against his accomplices. He had even killed that scum, seemingly without compunction. Cap – the man who had held Josie comfortingly, who had instilled hope into her heart. Hope for her daughters and even hope for herself. Cap – the man in whose arms she had experienced tender love for the first time in her 32 years.

She had no way of knowing what he looked like behind that mask, but imagining his face had helped her cope with the situation in which she found herself.

She looked at the small LED display alarm clock. He had left it for her when she had asked for a watch that first day. He had promised that she would be freed within twenty-four hours. Nothing he had done or said over the last two weeks would make her distrust his word for even an instant.

It was strange. That she had to concede. She placed her trust in a certified killer, a man who had killed with cruel efficiency before her very own eyes. Yet she'd had few alternatives. There had never been a second of laxness about him, no chance for her to make an attempt at escape. Even when he left her alone in the bathroom, she could not contemplate escape without her daughters.

Sixteen hours had passed since he left, but Josie willed away the feeling of uneasiness that crept into her mind from time to time. He would keep his word. Of this she was sure. Not because she had slept with him and given herself to him unconditionally. But during those two hours spent devouring each other she had felt a link to him, had connected with him, cheesy as that may sound. She had looked into his soul and she had felt his longing for love and companionship, a longing she could easily relate to.

Now, was there or was there not a sound outside the heavy iron door? It sounded like the hurried steps of multiple persons. Little scratching noises came from the door too if she listened carefully. Her heart was beating wildly and she gripped the shoulders of the girls tighter. The next seconds would show whether her trust had been justified.

The door flew open with a crash and piercing lights blinded her. The room was flooded with black-clad figures in full body armour and masks. Multiple barking voices assaulted her ears. The twins woke up in terror and screamed. Then a single clear voice called out:

"Room secure!"

Three more people came in, wearing blue windbreakers with the FBI logo, but no masks. One of them, a woman, knelt at the bed.

"Madam, I'm special Agent Judy Skinner of the FBI. Are you Josephine Maxwell?"

Josie nodded, tears of relief streaming from her eyes. She hugged the girls to her.

"We're safe, did you hear? This is the police. We're safe!" she told them.

Patty and Meg looked about the room with big round eyes full of fear. SA Skinner noticed that too.

"Okay! HRT, can you move out? You look kind of scary to the children. Thanks."

One by one, the members of the Hostage Rescue Team filed out leaving only the three unmasked agents.

"Are these your daughters, Patricia and Megan Maxwell, Ma'am?"

Josie nodded. "Yes," she croaked, then cleared her throat. "Yes, Agent."

"Have you or the girls been hurt, Ma'am? Do you need urgent medical assistance?"

Josie shook her head.

"No, we're okay. We were treated well, mostly."

"Do you need drink or food?"

Josie pointed at the corner where bottled water and sodas were piled up, and where Cap had left them an assortment of snacks and fruit.

"We will need to bring you to a hospital for a check-up before you can return to your home. Do you understand that, Ma'am?"

Josie nodded, but then remembered something. She held the agent's arm.

"Agent Skinner? Please do not inform my husband of our whereabouts. I believe that he is behind this kidnapping. I am divorcing him. According to our captors, he promised to pay for me to be killed."

Agent Skinner nodded. "Can you follow Special Agent Moreland outside for a second? I'll keep your daughters company."

Confused, Josie got up from the sofa and followed the older of the two male agents out. In the corridor, the HRT was debriefing, but he pulled her into a quiet corner.

"Mrs. Maxwell, I have bad news. We found your husband dead this morning, in his bedroom. He was shot and it was no suicide."

Josie was not exactly shocked. So he had done even more for her, as he had promised. He had gone and killed that ghastly husband of hers. Josie examined her feelings. If she was honest, the only emotion she felt was relief. Max was dead and would never hurt her again. And perhaps that strange man had made it to safety with the stash of money. Perhaps he could find peace now, settle down and join humanity again. Josie turned to the waiting FBI agent.

"Agent Moreland, for twelve years, my husband beat, tortured and raped me. He paid to have me and my daughters killed. What you have just told me is nothing but good news to me. Has the murderer been apprehended?"

Moreland shook his head. "The killer was long gone when Mr. Maxwell was found. A very professional job. Nothing was taken from the house, we even found a safe with close to one-hundred thousand dollars in it."

"I can use that money," Josie said lightly. "Max never paid any alimony."

"Your divorce is not final yet?"

"No," she said. "Legally, I'm still his wife." Then a smile broke out on her face. "Wait! That means I get to dispose of his remains. Come to think of it, I'll have him cremated and the ashes spread over the ugliest toxic waste landfill I can find."

"As least you're holding no grudge, Mrs. Maxwell. It's good to see that you made it through this in good shape."

She looked down on the grey jump suit and appraised herself.

"I'll appreciate a hot shower, nevertheless," she stated with a grim smile.

"You'll have one at the hospital. Shall we pack up your daughters and go?"

"Lead on," she answered.

For the first time, Josie saw the outside of her prison. It was a nondescript storage building, located between a tyre dealership and a pet supply shop in a run-down commercial development.

"Home, sweet home," she grinned to Agent Skinner who led them to a black van.

At the hospital, a young female doctor took charge of them. Josie refused to be separated from her daughters whilst they were given a brief superficial exam. Then the doctor looked at Josie significantly.

"Ma'am, I need to examine your private parts. Could we send your daughters outside for a few minutes?"

Josie was puzzled.

"Why do you want to examine my private parts, Doctor?"

"To exclude the possibility of a sex crime. I'll need to examine the girls, too."

"Says who?" Josie demanded.

"It's standard procedure in cases like this."

"Well, unless you get a judge to order that examination, you'll keep your hands off my private parts, Doctor. I am rather discriminative about whom I let touch me there. And you'll absolutely keep your hands off my daughters!"

"You seem to be agitated, Ma'am. Would you like something to calm you down?" the doctor asked persuasively, opening a drawer with syringes.

"I'll give you agitated! Agent Skinner!" Josie shouted.

The young special agent entered just seconds later.

"Yes, Mrs. Maxwell? What's the problem?"

Pointing at the doctor, Josie fumed. "This woman wanted to examine my genitals without my approval. When I refused, she wanted to give me sedatives. What is this? Even the criminals who abducted us gave us more respect. Did you order this?"

"Mrs. Maxwell, I assure you, we only brought you here to make sure that you suffered no injuries or damage. What's this about a genital exam, Doctor?"

"The APD called. They want it," the young doctor defended herself.

"The APD? This was a kidnapping. It's a federal offence. That means we call all the shots," Skinner snapped. She turned to Josie. "Mrs. Maxwell, I am sorry. For the record, I take note of the fact that you do not consent to an examination of your genitals? You have not been violated?"

"No! And neither have my daughters!" Josie glared at the doctor. "If you so much as touch my daughters, I will sue the hospital for damages and I'll see your license revoked!" She turned to agent Skinner and added, "I have changed my mind. I refuse to stay in this hospital. Can you convey us to a hotel, please? I would also prefer to involve my lawyer at this point to protect our rights."

Skinner nodded. "We'll bring you to a hotel. And I will look into the APD's involvement. I assure you, Ma'am, that the FBI is only trying to protect you."

Within minutes, Josie and the twins were escorted out of the ER and back into the black van. They were driven to the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta. In a two-room suite, they were given the bedroom while Agent Skinner promised to stay in the living room overnight. Skinner also provided a fresh FBI issue jogging suit for Josie, and XXL size FBI t-shirts for the twins to sleep in. When the twins were asleep in the bedroom, Josie made a point of taking Agent Skinner's hand

"I have not found the time yet to thank you. You came through for us, and I am really grateful for what you and your colleagues did for us. Not only today, but I imagine you have been busy for the last two weeks. Thank you!"

Skinner blushed. "It's our job, Mrs. Maxwell, and seeing you and your girls unharmed gave us the biggest thrill!"

"I know it's getting late, but could you perhaps fill me in a little bit? How did you find us?"

Skinner smiled. "Within a span of thirty minutes this afternoon, two courier services and one bicycle messenger delivered three identical messages to our field office. Somebody really made sure we got the message," she smiled. "There was a note telling us where you were and a second note telling us where to find the remains of two of the accomplices. While we are talking, can you tell me about this?"

"Rico and Larry. They came into the holding cell when Cap had been sent off."

"Cap?" Skinner asked, her eyebrows arched.

"That was the nickname for the third man. You know, short for Captain? He was invariably polite to us and really considerate with the girls. But he was a very efficient as a gaoler. He always wore a rubber mask."

"So while he was gone, what happened?"

"Larry, he was the boss, and Rico ... oh, Rico shot the policewoman! Did she survive?"

"Yes, she made it. She's still in the hospital, but she's going to be okay."

"Thank God! Anyway, they came into our room. Larry told me to get up, and then he pulled open the pyjama I was wearing. That's where I got the scratches. He told me to get down on my knees and, you know, he had opened his trousers..."

"I understand. What happened?"

"Well, Rico grabbed Megan. She screamed and I tried to get away from Larry. So he slapped me hard. He told me if I took care of them they might leave the girls alone. And he told me that I would die afterwards, because that's what Max had paid them for. Rico let go of Megan and came over ... and then..."

Josie stopped and tried to remember the exact sequence of events.

"Then the door flew open all of a sudden. Larry let go of me. I heard two shots and Larry dropped to the floor. I think I screamed. Then Rico was also on the floor with a knife sticking out of his eye. And there was Cap."

The relief she had felt was evident from Josie's voice.

"Cap?" Skinner asked, scribbling furiously on a notepad.

"Yes. He had come back and he must've heard the ruckus."

"Do you have any idea why he killed his accomplices?"

"He said they betrayed him. They sent him off into a trap. He was supposed to meet Max – my husband – and receive the payment."

"Mr. Maxwell informed us on a proposed ransom drop yesterday. We waited in vain."

"See! They wanted him to be the scapegoat."

"What happened then?"

"I had to help him drag the men out into another storage room. I had peed over myself in my fright and he allowed me to shower. My pyjama was ruined and I had to go back to our cell naked. But he never touched me or made any remark. He locked me in and when he returned, he had fresh sweat suits for all of us; and deli food.

"Later that evening, we talked some. I thanked him for saving us, but he said he was thankful to me because, in his words, he said being with us made him think about what he had become. He also said he found a lot of money on Larry, so I think Max had paid Larry in advance. Cap and I really stayed together for an hour or so."

"Did you sleep with him?" Skinner asked gently. "You would not be the first person to connect to a kidnapper."

Josie looked up, her eyes guarded. "No comment."

"You know, there is a psychological term for this?"

"I know – the Stockholm Syndrome," Josie interrupted. "Be that as it may, I am grateful for what he did for us. He gave me something that night that I have never experienced before. He gave me the feeling that I was appreciated. Isn't that pathetic? The only man who ever respected me as a person was a certified killer! That's got to tell you something about my marriage."

"We studied the court protocols. It appears you have been through a lot with your husband."

"Are you competing for the award for 'Understatement of the Year'?"

"You know, we have jurisdiction in the kidnapping case, but the murder of your husband falls under local jurisdiction. They will try and incriminate you, like you turned your captor to go and kill your husband."

"That's why they wanted that exam?"

Skinner nodded.

"Thanks for the heads-up. When will they come after me?"

"Probably tomorrow. The lieutenant in charge has asked for the chance to speak with you. I recommend you bring in your attorney."

"But what can they bring up?"

"Not much from what I have seen. But the APD is up in arms. One of their own was shot when you were abducted and no police force likes that. They need somebody to take the blame, and the guy who shot her is dead."

"I thought she was going to be okay?"

"You remember her?"

"Yes. I saw her being shot, and I saw that Cap gave her first aid."

"She's getting better. The APD won't admit it, but I talked to the doctor in charge. Your Captain saved her life."

"Can I visit her? I want to thank her and see what I can do for her."

"That will have to wait until you have persuaded the DA of your innocence."

A little later, Josie went to bed, and Agent Skinner parked her slender body on a sofa in the living room.

The interview with Lieutenant Fogerty of the Major Case Squad went better than anticipated. He was a tall man, ugly as sin, but with a comforting smile. He did not beat about the bush but told Josie right away that he had to investigate her possible involvement in the murder of Max Maxwell.

Josie had to re-tell her story again. Her divorce lawyer was present, but he had brought in reinforcements in the form of a seasoned criminal lawyer who advised Josie on when to keep her mouth shut. The turning point in the interview was when Josie related how she had showered under Cap's supervision.

"He watched me while I washed. And then suddenly he asked who had burnt me." Josie looked at Agent Skinner. "I'm sorry, I forgot that yesterday."

"What was that about?" Fogerty asked.

"I have several burn marks on my back. My husband used a cigar on me several times." Josie's voice dropped to a whisper.

"And he could see those burn marks?" Fogerty asked.

Josie swallowed. "They're quite big and ugly," she said in a small voice.

Then, gathering her courage, she gripped the neckline of her sweater and pulled it down, exposing her left shoulder blade, and showing two of the round, red scars. Skinner gasped and Fogerty cleared his throat, clearly feeling uncomfortable.

"And you told him?" he asked, his voice now showing sympathy.

Josie nodded. "I said that my husband had done this. I was bitter. I told him that this was the work of the man he worked for. And he said he was sorry, and he called Max a bastard for doing something like this." She looked up. "How was I to know he'd go and shoot Max? I was only venting my anger."

"We don't know if this was his reason," Fogerty said soothingly. "It seems your husband has attempted a double-cross. So it may have been simple retribution. These contract operatives have a code of conduct. They never let anybody cheat them. Well, I think this wraps it. If I have more questions, I'll contact Mr. Wheeler," he said referring to Josie's attorney. He rose to leave but Josie had a question.

"Lieutenant, I would ask for a chance to visit the wounded police officer, Officer Hernandez. I want to make sure that she is not lacking anything, and I want to thank her. She put her life on the line for us."

There was a touch of admiration on Lt. Fogerty's ugly face when he nodded.

"I'll set up a time for you to visit. Perhaps you can help her. You have to know that she was off duty when she was shot. And now the insurance balks at covering the costs, especially for counselling."

Josie swallowed. How could this be? She sat up straight.

"Say no more, Lieutenant! I'll pay for her hospital costs if I have to scrub floors to earn the money!"

"I appreciate your sentiment, Ma'am, but you stand to inherit a lucrative business. You won't have to clean floors."

Josie made a dismissive motion with her hand.

"Not all that shines is gold, Lieutenant. My husband was always on the verge of bankruptcy and there may not be much to inherit when the dust settles. That hundred thousand in the safe that I heard about may be all that will be left."

"Are you sure, Ma'am? I was assuming that he was a multi-millionaire."

"He was always adept at making good impressions," she said, a touch angrily, but then she shook off those bad thoughts. "Thank you for being understanding, Lieutenant," she said offering her hand and Fogerty shook it without reservation.

Later that day, a press conference was held jointly by the FBI and the APD. A vague description of the man, dubbed as Captain, was published. The media took it up. Next day's newspapers called him 'Captain Blood' after the pirate captain from a 1940's Errol Flynn movie. For a few days, the mysterious Captain Blood was front-page headlines, even causing a local TV station to re-run the old Errol Flynn movie.

In the meantime Josie was busy piecing her life back together. She obtained control of her late husband's assets when a court appointed her and her daughters sole beneficiaries of Max Maxwell's estate. Maxwell had not left a will and Josie took grim pleasure from the fact that she would now run his precious chain of retail stores.

The joy was short-lived though when an emergency audit showed the dire financial situation of Max Maxwell's Maxistores. Receiving the report through her attorney, Josie laughed grimly. She may still have to scrub floors to pay for the young cop's medical bills.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.