Cheating Is Easy
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2007 by SeaWarrior

In the back of her mind, Mary had been aware of the terrible way that she had been treating Mike. She had simply thought that once the affair was over she could go back to Mike and their marriage would simply go on as it had before her affair. She had been absolutely sure that Mike's love was strong enough that no matter what happened, he would never leave her. How could she have ever underestimated her husband so completely?

Mary was so upset and destroyed by the rage and hatred that Mike had spewed at her. "Oh my god, he really hates me!" and then, "Of course he hates me, look what I've done, how I've hurt him!" She simply sat at the table for over an hour after Mike had gone off to the spare bedroom. Eventually, she rose slowly and went off to bed for the night. Surprisingly once they were able to get to sleep, they both slept soundly and without dreams. The next morning, they easily slipped into the routine of getting the kids off to school and themselves off to work. They drove separate cars and did not share a lunch. Arriving home from work, they again worked together to get through the evening with the children and then went off to their separate bedrooms so as not to share a room with each other. Mike was amazed that he felt such anger towards Mary. The thing that stuck in his craw was her transparent attempt using sex in trying to return to the state of their marriage prior to her affair.

"She was just going fuck me and pretend that since she thought I knew nothing, all would be a good as new. How could she possible imagine that her behavior would simply go poof and disappear forever? She thinks that she knows me so well while in fact she doesn't really know me anymore at all. With Kelli's help, I have changed so much in the last six months. I am ashamed of my behavior where I allowed Mary to walk all over me and actually flaunt her relationship with Sean. I can only swear to myself that I will NEVER allow her or anyone else to treat me with such disdain and disrespect!" He was quite content to co-exist with Mary for now and after thinking things through, he had decided that as long as they could do so reasonably, he would remain in the house instead of seeking out an apartment. He would be better able to use that money for lawyer and court fees for the divorce. A few days later, he discussed this idea with Mary and she had no objection. Mary had been bending over backwards to meet Mike's request that they only speak as necessary and be polite when the children were present. They had agreed that they would sit down with the children and tell them that Mike would be leaving soon.

Unknown to Mike, Mary had contacted a counselor to help her regain herself. She had been so desperate and she had no close friends since Sean left, she had with some misgivings, contacted a counseling service. She felt so lost and alone. Other than for work or anything involving the children, she had been unable to function or think coherently. She had her first session Thursday evening. She had called Mike that morning after they had arrived at work and asked him if she could be late coming home that evening. Mike agreed quickly and oddly she was hurt that he didn't even ask about the reason for her delay.

"Hi Mary and welcome, I'm Dr. Stephenson." Mary was a little surprised to find out that her counselor was a man. For some reason, she had thought that she would be seeing a woman. She was to find out that most women felt the same way because of the misconception that a woman would be better able to understand the conflicts she was experiencing. "Mary, I want to start out this evening by explaining what we are here to accomplish. I am not here to explain how you got to where you are today. I am here to help you help yourself. You are the one that is going to help yourself understand where you are today and then hopefully help yourself decide where you would like to be in the future. What I am going to do is help lead you through this maze we call life." "Doctor, I can barely think and I don't see how I can possible help myself. I can't get past the last conversation I had with my husband and that was almost two weeks ago!"

"Mary, please call me Phil" speaking softly and with compassion, "there is only one way to do this. We have to start at the beginning. So just start talking and we'll take it wherever that leads us. Ok?" "Thanks Phil. I guess I need to start with Sean. You see he has been my lover for most of the last two years. It seemed that it all started because I had been feeling depressed and lonely. Mike, my husband, and I had been so wrapped up in our jobs and the children and I guess that we were just going through the motions of being a couple. Then I met Sean and he became my friend. He was attentive and paid me many compliments about my looks. He seemed to really enjoy my company. I began to seek out his companionship rather than spend the effort to be with my husband. He is about five years younger than me and he made me feel younger just by being around him. It just seemed to be the natural next step to be come his lover. At first I felt some guilt but it wasn't long that it felt right and natural. I knew that I was cheating on Mike but I just put all that to the back of my mind and buried it there.

This all went on for over a year. Mike did complain to me several times that he felt we were drifting apart but I told him that it was all in his mind and that since we had been married for several years it was only natural that we slow down a little. In looking back over the last two years, I just can't believe how badly I treated Mike. He tried so hard and I just shut him out of my life except for our children. That was the only part of our marriage that I allowed him to participate in. I guess after a while, Mike just quit trying. I am sure that the only reason that he stayed was because of the kids. I can't understand so many things about what I did and why? Anyway, I guess that things came to a head when Mike returned from Hawaii. That's when he told me that he knew about Sean and me and that he had known for quite some time. I hadn't realized that he knew.

Before he had returned from Hawaii, I had decided to end my affair with Sean and try to repair the damage I had done to my marriage and my husband. When Mike returned I tried to be an affectionate and loving wife. I guess that is what pissed him off so badly. I'm trying to look at it from his point of view and I guess that I can see just how two-faced that would have seemed. But really I was trying to start making up to Mike for all the evil that I have done to him. He just never even let me get started before he blasted me. So here I am trying to see just what is left of my marriage and my life." The rest of the session was spent with Phil trying to help Mary discover just exactly why she thought it was ok to cheat on Mike.

Friday evening after dinner was when they had decided to tell the children of their impending divorce. Mike took the lead and in a calm voice and using simple terms, he told the kids that they were not happy living together and had not been happy for some time. Mike explained that it had become to difficult and painful to continue living together as husband and wife and that he would be seeking a divorce as soon as possible. Mary really didn't have much to say so she just sat there while Mike explained to their kids what was happening to their family.

Finally, Mike just ran out of steam. There were only so many words that could be said about the end of a marriage and the end of a family. Billy, the oldest got up and walked over to give his dad a long hug. "I love you Dad, can I come live with you when you leave?" Tammie jumped up from the couch and ran over to Billy and Mike, "Daddy, I want to live with you and Billy. I don't want you to leave me here by myself!" Hugging and crying, they sat on the sofa while Mary sat on the chair with a stunned look on her face. They were so involved with each other that they didn't see the look of pain and sorrow come over Mary. She grasped her breast as though the pain would cause her to have a heart attack. "Doesn't anyone one in the family love me?" she wailed. Billy and Tammy looked at their mom with cold expressions, "Mom, we still love you but we damned sure don't like you and we don't want to live with you without our dad." Tammy nodded quickly in agreement with her brother.

"I'm your mother for gods sake. Why wouldn't you want to live with me?" "You haven't been much of a mom for us for a long while. We both know that you haven't been a good wife. You must realize that we know about you and "Uncle" Sean." The last place we would want to live is with you and your next boyfriend." "Kids, don't be mean to your mother. It's late and we have to get some sleep tonight. Off to bed now and we'll talk about this on the weekend." Mike gave them both another hug and then gently pushed them off to bed. The children were both crying as they went up to their rooms. Mary just sat there and stared at Mike. "How could you do that to me?" She hissed. "I can't believe that you would be so mean and cruel to tell the children about Sean. Why would you do that? Do you hate me so much that you would try to punish me through the children? You must realize that you make yourself less a man with that type of ugly behavior."

"Mary just shut the fuck up. You don't have any idea do you? I haven't said a word to the kids. I didn't have to because obviously the only one you tried to hide your slutty behavior from was me. The kids have known almost from the beginning and they have suffered from the shame for too long. But in answer to your question, I really do hate you that much. I'll never forgive you for what you have done to me, the kids, our family and everyone else effected by your selfishness." Not wanting to spend another moment in her company, he went off to his bedroom for the remainder of the night leaving Mary to suffer by her self.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.