Lightning! - Cover

Lightning!

Copyright© 2007 by J.C. Miller

Chapter 10

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Sheila arrives at the beach house a day early. Her host isn't pleased. They play tennis and dance and then both of them are more comfortable. She wonders if her stepmother set this all up. Then, she faces a choice that will cause a major change in her life.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Safe Sex   Oral Sex  

At home, Greg watched the computer screen anxiously as he saw the updated notice that her flight was on the ground in Denver. He instantly dialed her cell phone and was redirected to her voice mail. Several minutes later, she turned her phone on to find the message and dialed him back.

After initial greetings and a brief story of her flight, including the conversation with her seat mate, he said, "I want to give you another choice. You know, Atlanta is a big, exciting city with many companies and organizations that could use your talents. I want you to come and stay with me, take your time in finding the right place for you here, and then you will be able to build your career. You won't be rushed and you won't have to move to any city that doesn't appeal to you."

"Oh, God, I don't know. I do miss you and I hated leaving."

"Think about it. You will have lots of options and you won't have to take anything you don't want just to get on a payroll."

She was silent for a whole minute. "May I call you back? I'm not able to process this right now. I want to, but I'm afraid."

"You can have the downstairs apartment and when you get tired of me, I'll help you move to a more suitable place, if you like. Of course you may call me back. I wanted you to have the choice. It's a big decision. I want to keep you."

"I will have to think about it. I'm scared and tempted. When I left, you didn't say anything about getting back together. I thought you were letting me down easy."

"Never. You are in my life. Think about it carefully, sweetheart. Call me any time. We can talk more if you like. I guess this had to be a big surprise." He paused. "It was all I could do to keep from asking you before you left. I thought better of it and decided to give you some space in which to make your choice."

"That's the nicest and most surprising offer I ever had. I will consider it seriously. Bye, darling."

She sat in the boarding lounge and felt the tears start again. You did not want to leave. You're hurting inside right now. You want his arms around you to help you stop snuffling. After an hour of considering all the ramifications, she finally got in touch with her feelings about him. In the past weeks she had been jealous of Stephanie—and others that she didn't even know. She thought about their conversations and how much she enjoyed his company. What will he do if you don't go back? She felt a sudden chill. What will you do? Remember how much you missed him when you were at Kelly's?

After collecting her luggage, she caught a shuttle to her apartment. She realized that she would have a similar apartment if she went with Advanced Avatar. That's all. If you want to be cuddled, you'll have to go back in the bullpen. Ugh! The idea of going back to the meat market had no appeal. Angelina said he was too old for you. God, I wonder if he ever cuddled Angelina. Couldn't blame him. The thought of his being with another woman did not please her. Why are these choices he gives me so damn difficult?

At home, she found some canned beef stew and frozen mixed vegetables. As she sipped her wine, she remembered fondly eating with him at the Turtle. Then, Mr. Wonderful asked to dance with his daughter. She shivered in embarrassment thinking about the night he cuddled her and she humped his leg. Just and go live with him? Call Kelly.

"Kelly? I need some advice."

"Go with it, girl. Okay, buy low, sell high! Uhm, what's the issue?"

"Gregory asked me to come to Atlanta and live with him while I found a suitable job there. He said that if I didn't like him after a while, he'd move me to an apartment."

"Well, now. That's a new twist. You know the guy what? Three weeks? Are you taking him seriously?" Kelly chuckled.

"Damn you. I need help."

"Let me tell you what I think I know. First, you love this guy. You didn't plan it, but there it is. Am I right?"

"Yes."

"Second, did you tell him?"

"Yes."

"Third. How did you feel when you left him to go home?"

"Fucking awful. I cried on the shoulder of the man next to me on the flight. He knew Gregory and saw me at the ball."

"Fourth. Did he tell you he loved you?"

"Yes."

"Believe him?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Everything he did seemed to say so. Little whispers—even after he'd mastered getting into my panties any time he wanted."

"Hmmm. Tell me about the offer."

"When I landed in Denver, there was a message on my phone. I sat in the boarding lounge at the airport and thought about his offer. He just said I was to come live with him and find a job in Atlanta."

"Here's my take. If you don't go live with him and get him out of your system, you will regret it when you're out there in the meat market looking for love. You'll always compare new guys to him and they will all come up short. Not that they're all lacking, but because your initial impression will cause you to think of Greg. I don't think you have an emotional choice."

"You make it sound so easy to do what I want to do. If you'd told me not to go, I would always wonder." Then, she paused and said, "I do and I don't want to be his Barbie Doll."

"Hmmm. Getting a little feisty, are you? Want to be your own person? Listen, you can leave any time and if he's half the man you say he is, he will help you to get relocated. Didn't he help you negotiate a better offer? He's already proved himself. I think you have some making up to do. You won a lot of points for hosting the youth symphony." Kelly sighed. "Love, it's okay to do volunteer work until you find yourself. Maybe you'll find your niche. You'd better get back to that man before he gives up."

Sheila shuddered at the last remark. I'm sure he'd give me a couple of days to make such an important decision. Daddy always said to sleep on it. Although she went to bed and used her nightly friend to relax her by bringing pleasure, she did not sleep well. After midnight, she found the prescription sleeping pills and within a half-hour, she slept soundly for nine hours. After her bathroom break, she returned to the covers, looked at the ceiling, and went into deep thought. Haven't you already made up your mind? You've slept on it. What are you waiting for?

The cell phone was cold in her hand as she flicked to his number. When he answered with, "Good morning, darling. Are you okay?"

"I had a bad night. Gregory, I don't want to be your personal Barbie Doll. I don't know what to do."

"As I understand it, you will first make lunch for Madeline. Then, you will stay with her every day to learn what she can teach you. Part Barbie, part Southern Belle, and, most importantly, part how to succeed in your life."

"God, I forgot to make her quiche. I feel guilty."

"Good. However, she said she'd live long enough for you to bring it to her. I think she's depending on it."

Sheila cried. How could I have forgotten? "You are putting this guilt trip on me. That's hitting below the belt."

"I hope. I so like hitting below your belt. Of course, if you're in Denver and she's here, you can't make good on your promise. I hope you sleep well."

"What does Madeline want me to do? I don't know what's going on in my mind, but I wonder."

"She told me that she wanted you to learn the ropes in Atlanta. First, you'd take over some of her important charities. She'd coach you. Then, she wants you to go to charm school."

"I went to charm school in junior high, for God's sake. I am not going to be Barbie."

"Please do not underestimate Madeline. She is wise, smart, and capable of almost anything. I think she knows you fairly well. She wouldn't insult you. What she said was that she thought you had more potential than maybe you let yourself think. She doesn't want to see it lost. The charm school is to learn about fundraising."

"God! I don't know what to say."

"When a man makes a proposition, the best answer is 'yes.'"

"I know. He'll respect me in the morning if I'm good. Maybe he'll come back tonight if I'm extra good." She breathed. "Why me?"

"First, she liked you and respected what you did for the youth orchestra with little help. You won 100 points for that. You are the first ever to get 100 points from her. Then, you conspired to get her quiche and sneak in her wine. You held her hand and kissed her cheek. Honestly, you're probably now in her will."

"I couldn't accept. All I did was to..."

"Make an old woman feel needed? Take her advice. Hold her hand and kiss her on the cheek, and conspire with her to beat the system and sneak in the wine. That was it. Beating the system. That was when she knew you were her kind of people. She knew you'd go the extra mile to reach a goal. I'm not good at this, but I think she loves you as a daughter she didn't have. I mean, if she'd asked for heroin, would you have brought it to her?"

"I have to think. I've lost my source. I can't talk any more. I'll call you back." She breathed deeply and then said, "I'll get her some Demerol. Almost as good and legal. I'll bet I can get some morphine. If she wants the H, I will find it."

"Here's Madeline's private number. Give her an hour and call her."

How in God's name did I end up here? Just like the classic literature. Everything's going well until love enters. I do love that man and God knows why.

"Madeline? It's Sheila. I came home and didn't make your quiche. Will you forgive me?"

Her voice sounded just like Darth Vader. "No. A deal is a deal. You come see me. Greg said you could get me some dope that would make me feel good. I'm ready for it." She breathed heavily. "Listen, I know you're strapped. My accountant will be in touch to transfer some money to your bank. Don't even consider not taking it. What the hell would I do with it?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.