Quest For Knowledge - Cover

Quest For Knowledge

Copyright© 2007 by colt45

Chapter 23

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 23 - Dent's (Sea King) oldest children are grown up now. While in Salas with a few of his sisters, Nilsen acquires a seven foot tall giantess with a secret that can open up the mysteries of the Old Technology. Whoever has that knowledge could quite possibly rule the world, but is it worth the price?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Incest   Brother   Sister   Harem   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

Their journey continued after the caravan passed through the gate. Lavender estimated it would be another four hours to reach the village where her father generally held council. One of the gate guards had run ahead to warn of their approach while Bagosora and one other remained at the gate. Deo was their only escort as they plodded up the ascending road.

"I hope he'll be all right," Nilsen said when Bagosora was finally helped to his feet.

"Pride hurt," Deo guffawed looking back at his comrade. "This not be forgotten for long time. You hit hard, little man, but it take more than fist of stone to hurt Bagosora's head."

"Good," Nilsen replied. "I'm Nilsen DeSiso by the way. It would appear you already know Lavender."

"I Deo Mothusi," he said placing his fist over his chest and nodding slightly. "Yes, Misty known."

"Misty?" Nilsen looked over at Lavender with raised eyebrow.

"Deo, I promised gut you like rabbit you call me that," she answered. She said it rather placidly giving lie to the belligerence of the actual words. To Nilsen she said, "There was talk once that Deo and I would be mated, but his family refused when I grew no taller and stayed ugly."

"His loss is my gain," Nilsen answered and then wondered if he was giving offense to the tall man before him.

"You mated to little stone-fist?" Deo sounded surprised but not disgusted.

"Mated and bred," She replied standing proudly upright with her head tilted so she could look him in the eye. Her hand briefly caressed the slight bulge of her stomach.

"Interesting," the tall warrior said with a cocked eyebrow towards Nilsen. "Pity to be so short and mated to one so ... intractable." Nil was beginning to wonder if he should be feeling upset by the obvious insult when Lavender burst out laughing again.

"He not find me so," she said still chuckling. "I am but one of four, no, five of his women, yet I have no complaint. He is a good man, my friend, a great man."

"Happy for you I am," he said with a hint of a smile. "You not deserve the cull, be warrior bred if any."

"Thank you I," she responded with an easy grin. "Happy I with my fate. Is separate from the Clan and the people now, wondrously so."

"Mmm, what bring you back?"

"That for Lord Nilsen to say," she replied. "Is important, Deo, very important."

"Is so?" Deo asked turning to Nilsen.

"It is so, Warrior Deo," Nilsen nodded. "What I have to say to your Chief is important to your people and beyond."

"Then get you to Chief Xolan do," Deo nodded back. Turning lightly he motioned with his hand and two of the Kushitec began to open the gate wide enough to pull the wagons through. When it was open Nil ordered the troop to move. He led them through with the tall warrior and Lavender at his side.

"True? You five women have?" Deo asked as they progressed.

"Well, four anyway," Nil answered glancing back at his four sisters and Rabszolga trailing behind him by a few paces.

"You great warrior must be," Deo said with a rueful shake of his head. "Surprised I that you walk so well let alone fight. Exhausted you must be." Nilsen laughed and they talked more as they walked along.

The climb was steady but not particularly arduous with Nil often checking on his men, women and the animals but there seemed to be no great need for rest until late in the afternoon. Just as he was about to call for a halt the need was taken away as they crested a ridge and spread out before them was a medium-sized village nestled in a shallow valley. It looked rather ordinary, maybe a hundred stone-walled structures, some with wooden shingles and others with slate, laid out in concentric circles with smaller buildings to the outside and larger ones towards the center.

As they began to descend towards the town Nil noticed a group of six men trotting on the road heading in their direction. They came to a halt just short of Nil's band and the leader held up his hand. It was obvious he wanted them to stop so Nil signaled and the wagons slowly creaked to a standstill. Nil, Deo and Lavender walked forward to meet them.

"I bring visitors, wish to speak to Chief Xolan," Deo stated clearly.

The leader grunted as he looked them over his lips curled slightly in obvious disdain. "You bring ugly shorties to our home," he barked. "Why they come?"

"Do," Deo acknowledged. "Wish speak to Chief Xolan."

"One defeat Bagosora in challenge?" he snorted again.

"Did," Deo replied almost placidly. "This be one." He gestured toward Nilsen as the leader snorted in disbelief.

"Believe not!"

"Believe, believe not," Deo shrugged. "Did, see I. Xolan will see?"

"Will see," the leader grunted. "Follow." Having said his piece, he turned around and marched back down the road toward the town without looking back. Deo glanced over at Nilsen and made a slight motion with his chin indicating they should follow; Nil couldn't be sure but he thought he saw the hint of a smile on the tall man's lips.

Nilsen waved his arm and his troop followed their escort into town. They were met by quiet astonishment from the few people out on the streets. At any other time he might have considered the gapped-mouthed stares they received to be rude, but then his own people were equally dumbstruck and stared back just as openly as their hosts so he just shrugged it off.

There were a few women out; at least he thought they were women. They were shaped somewhat differently than the men he had seen; if he had to use one word to describe them it would be flat. Flat of face and flat-chested; other than height they couldn't have been any more different from Lavender. If that was their idea of beauty he could understand why Lavender thought herself ugly; he could only shake his head in wonder.

They continued on through the town until told to stop in front of a large circular building. The escort leader turned to Nil and said, "You come." When Lavender, Cerberus, the girls and Captain Marc made to follow him the leader snapped, "Alone!"

"He is my charge, I go," Lavender said with finality and when the leader started to make a comment Cerberus growled causing him to shut his mouth quickly.

"Captain," Nilsen said quietly, "why don't you stay and settle the troops? We'll go in and see what is up."

"But, Lord..."

"Captain, we'll be fine," Nil cut him off with a shake of the head. "Either we'll be safe or we won't. We're not here to fight the whole nation even if we had enough troops, which we don't. If we're not safe in there then we wouldn't be safe out here."

"Yes, Lord," Marc conceded and Nil nodded and turned around to follow their escort inside. The escort leader looked angrily at the girls as they followed him but Nilsen merely said, "They will help me explain why we are here."

With a grunt and a shrug the leader turned and walked into the building without saying a word. They followed him in and after passing through a short hallway were ushered into a large round room with a dais in its center. On the dais was a chair and seated in the chair was a very old man who looked at them curiously as they approached. Lying at his feet was a dog looking to be much the size of Cerberus but again much older. The old canine opened one eye to look at them, grunted and then seemingly went back to sleep. Nil strode forward until he was nearly at the bottom of the dais, stopped and made a bow of respect.

"Chief Xolan Bwejeri, I presume?" he said. "I am Nilsen deSiso of Jeevel and I have traveled far to discuss with you a matter I feel is of great importance to both of us."

"Welcome, Nilsen deSiso." Chief Xolan may have looked aged but his voice was still deep and firm. Looking at Lavender he raised an eyebrow and said simply, "Daughter."

"Father," Lavender answered just as briefly. Her voice gave away nothing but she unconsciously moved half a step closer to Nil.

"DeSiso, you bring daughter back?" he asked looking back at Nilsen.

"No, that's not why we came," Nilsen answered. Realizing he might be a bit too curt for the situation he continued quickly. "We came because we believe there may be a great danger to you and your people." There were a number of men standing beside the dais; Nil assumed they were either his bodyguards or advisors, possibly both. Hearing what he said a few of them grumbled in disbelief. Xolan glanced over at this gaggle and frowned slightly but when he turned back to Nilsen his face was again emotionless.

"Interested, I, to hear this danger," he said solemnly. "Immediate?"

"Is the danger immediate?" Nil responded. "No. At least I don't think so."

"Good," Xolan grunted. "Guests you be; time to rest, eat, then talk. These your women?"

"Oh, yes, my pardon Your Excellency," Nil said hurriedly. "How ill-mannered of me; these are my wives; Makro, Fobie, Deimie and of course you know Lavender. Jarrah is my sister and our healer and Rabszolga ... Well, Rabszolga is with us," he ended lamely.

"Pleased I am," Xolan nodded. "But simple chief I am, not excellent. My honor you call me Xolan, Nilsen deSiso."

"It would be my honor, Xolan," Nil answered. "And it would honor me if you would call me Nil."

"Very well, Nil. Few visitors we receive. Please to be shown your quarters? We will talk later." Xolan paused for a moment and then continued, "Pleased I be to talk to my daughter, alone?" Nil could sense Lavender tensing and he took a step back and casually put his arm around her waist.

"That is for Lavender to decide, Xolan," Nil answered, trying to make it sound relaxed. "I am aware of the circumstances that brought her to be with me. She had..." he didn't want to say "fears", "misgivings about returning. Had I a choice I would have left her at my home but this mission was far too important. I have no desire to offend, Chief, but I also have no desire to lose her, now or ever."

"Outrage!" screamed one of the advisors suddenly as he took a step towards Nil and Lavender brandishing a short thrusting spear. "This cull put down should be! Abomination! Heretic! Cowardly bitch deserves to die!"

To Nil the room suddenly became a little dimmer and a lot more focused as he slipped into battle mode. With great effort he was able to keep his hands away from his weapons while trying to push Lavender even more behind him. This was a little difficult since she was trying at the same time to step around to his front while reaching for her own sword. She wasn't able to do either since his arm was still around her waist gripping as tightly as an iron band her sword conveniently between them as he pressed against her side. Cerberus wasn't so constrained and was immediately on his feet lips curled back exposing his bright white teeth as a low growl rumbled from his chest. Almost as quickly the old dog lying at Chief Xolan's feet was up and on guard in front of his partner.

"Nil, please..." he heard Makro from behind.

"Don't worry, May," he said loudly. "We are guests here; I will do nothing except protect us if needed." Breathing deeply he looked up at Lavender, "Lav, love, be still."

"But, my Lord..."

"Be still, please." She struggled slightly as their eyes locked but either his piercing blue eyes or her salidin won out as she stopped her struggle. Again pushing her behind, Nil turned to the chief studiously ignoring the raging advisor who had also stopped his forward movement himself studying the massive dog eyeing him like the prey in a hunt. "Chief Xolan, you see why my lady is somewhat anxious about being here. I hope you can understand why I cannot allow..."

"You not allow!" the advisor bellowed. "My Chief, this cull and shortie pet..."

"Silence, Kanelo!" Xolan hissed loudly without actually shouting or even looking at his advisor. "Back."

"My Chief..." Kanelo pleaded again.

"Back, now!" Kanelo shut-up and took a step backwards still looking daggers at both Lavender and Nilsen.

"I understand, Nilsen deSiso, named mate to my daughter," Xolan began, emphasizing the term "daughter". "My word returned to you she will be, say I, Xolan, Chief, Zagwci clan." With his words Nil could feel Lavender relax and he in turn loosened his grip around her waist although he didn't actually release her. He looked up at her questioningly and she actually smiled down at him tentatively.

"It is all right now, My Lord," she said. "The Chief of the Zagwci has given his word; he would die before breaking it. I will meet with him if you allow."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.