Quest For Knowledge - Cover

Quest For Knowledge

Copyright© 2007 by colt45

Chapter 6

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Dent's (Sea King) oldest children are grown up now. While in Salas with a few of his sisters, Nilsen acquires a seven foot tall giantess with a secret that can open up the mysteries of the Old Technology. Whoever has that knowledge could quite possibly rule the world, but is it worth the price?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Incest   Brother   Sister   Harem   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

"Shit," Nilsen muttered as he watched the retreating backs of his twin sisters. Turning back he sighed and looked at the woman sitting up in his bed. She had the hint of a smile on her lips and had allowed the sheet to fall down uncovering her very large, and from the looks of them, firm, breasts. "Damn," he said crossly, "you can at least cover yourself up. If you don't want men to stare at your breasts then you shouldn't flaunt them."

Rather than the expected angry response, or at least a self-conscious blush, he was greeted by a beaming and very toothy smile. But at least she did pick up the sheet and drape it over her chest only to have it fall down again.

"Argh," he groaned, looking up at the ceiling. Letting out another exasperated sigh he looked back down at her, carefully keeping his eyes locked on hers. "They were right about at least one thing: You do need to get out of bed and start moving. We'll get you up if you feel strong enough and at least walk around the house. Do you think you can do that?"

"I can," she said still smiling at him. "I have something to wear? Maybe you want me naked?"

"Yes, no, I don't think that would be a very good idea," he said. "Wait here for a moment and I'll see what I can find." As he finished speaking Fusia entered the room with a pile of clothing in her arms.

"Lady Deimie told me to bring these in here," she said. "We didn't have any women's clothing that could possibly fit her so we did the best we could. We'll have something appropriate made as soon as we can, but this will have to do for now." It turned out she was carrying a very large man's shirt and britches with a pair of military sandals. Nilsen took them and thanked her. Turning back to Lavender he placed them on the bed and turned his back.

"Sorry, this is all we have for now," he apologized over his shoulder. "Hopefully this will fit well enough for now, anyway."

"Why you turn away?" she asked as she dropped the sheet and grunted while moving her legs over to the side of the bed.

"Ah, well," he stammered. "I didn't think you wanted to be stared at while dressing.

"I care not," she said, pulling the britches up as best she could. They were a bit tight around the hips and loose around the waist, but serviceable. "Are all shorty warriors so bashful?"

"Well, no. But then very few of our women are warriors," he admitted. "Are a lot of the women of your people warriors?"

"Not so many," she said, pulling the shirt over her head. It was very tight across the chest, luckily it was a pullover and not one buttoned on the front. "But warriors are treated as warriors be they men or not."

"Admirable," he said as she laced up her sandals. "But I'm afraid you'll have to forgive me for being a bit backward when it comes to that. I know that you're a warrior; hell, I saw you fight! But still, it's going to take some getting used to."

She tried to push herself up off the bed but her legs wouldn't cooperate. Reaching up she grabbed hold of his shoulder and pulled herself upright. She was surprised at how solid he felt. It was like holding onto a rock; she didn't think he moved even when she put a considerable portion of her weight onto his shoulder.

"That okay," she said as he turned back towards her. She was about a full foot taller than he was and looked down as he was looking up. "We can beat that out of you, I think."

"Well, you can try," he grinned. "It's certainly been tried before; although the results have been varied, I'll admit. Good, standing is good. I don't think I was able to stand this quickly afterwards. Here, lean your arm on me for now, I'll help support you."

Lavender bit back a scathing reply as she tried to take a step forward. The spirit was willing, but the body was still weak as her wobbly legs seemed to want to collapse under her. She draped her arm around his neck and let one of his arms slide around her waist holding her firmly to his side. He held her firmly, like an iron band, although it didn't seem to strain him that much. She wasn't entirely sure he couldn't support her completely if needed. She didn't know that he had single-handedly carried her back to the house from the arena, or how far it had been. Cautiously she tried a few steps forward as he mirrored her every move. Seemingly unperturbed, Cerberus stood up, yawned, and then followed them as they walked slowly out into the hall; he was followed by the guard.

"You say you not able to walk this quickly after," she said, puffing slightly. "You take this drug before?"

"Once," he answered, loosening his grip ever so slightly and allowing her legs to take more of her weight. He was ready to grab and hold her up in an instant if it was needed, though. "It was part of my training. It's one of the weapons we have, but having taken it I — and I'm sure you do, also — understand why it's not used very often."

"Yes," she said, trying to grin although he couldn't see it. "Feel wonderful during the fight, but even worse after."

"Yep, not something you want to do on a regular basis." She grunted in agreement.

"So you bond me tonight, little man?" she asked after a while.

"I told you that we didn't have to do it that way," he protested.

"I think yes we do," she disagreed. "Dolls right. Only way it make sense."

"What happened to the 'death before slavery?'" he asked with a frown.

"Eh," he could feel her shrug. "Warriors must deal with what is, no? This is what is. Not like it, but wasn't asked. If this must be done then you best choice, I think."

"But I don't want to..." it started to sound like he was whining; at least he thought so, so he shut up.

"I know you don't," she said. "That one reason I think it best choice. Plus I think we don't want dolls angry with us." There was a hint of amusement in her voice now.

"Ha!" he retorted. "I wouldn't worry about them; Makro is the one you have to look out for. Deimie and Fobie are pussycats; Makro ... Well, not so much."

"Good," Lavender said and he could swear he could actually hear the smile in her voice. "Then as your shiakye you will protect me from her. I just worry about protecting you from less dangerous things, like swords and war clubs."

"At least you have a sense of humor," he muttered. "You're going to need it."


By the end of their walk Lavender was tired, but nowhere near as wobbly as she had been before. They even stopped by the kitchen where she "snacked" on half a cold roast and a loaf of bread. Full to almost being stupefied she allowed herself to be led back to the room and put to bed like a child.

Waking up she felt almost normal. Still feeling some pain as she stretched and definitely still feeling weak, she crawled out of bed and did some limbering-up exercises. She noticed Banar had been replace by Rolf.

"You my caretaker now?" she asked with a hint of amusement.

"For now," he admitted. "But not for long. Just until Lord Nilsen binds you."

"Why that make a difference?" she asked.

"Because once you're bound you won't be a danger to anyone in this household," he answered with a shrug. He continued when he saw her puzzled look. "Part of the magic of the collar: Once you're bound you won't — can't actually — do anything that might hurt your liege. That includes doing something you know he wouldn't want you to do."

"Right," she said with skepticism. "This thing," she grabbed her salidin, "knows what he wants me to do."

"Actually I think it's more along the lines of it knowing what you think he wants you to do, or not do," he shrugged again. "But you don't have to believe me; you'll find out for yourself shortly. They're eating right now. Lord Nilsen told us to let you sleep, that you needed it, but to feed you when you woke up. It's over there by the table if you're hungry."

True enough there was more cold meat, bread and even some raw vegetables under a cloth on the small table beside the bed. She quickly finished what was there and had taken a necessary stop in the toilet before a whole crowd of people trooped into the room.

The twins looked amused, Jarrah bothered, Makro was unreadable and Nilsen looked like a prisoner stoically facing the executioner's noose on the gibbet. She snorted and almost laughed. Although she did her best to keep it in, Makro must have heard and looked at her with a twinkle in her eye, seemingly out of place on her otherwise expressionless face.

"That's right, he's acting like a baby," she said. "You are perfectly welcome to laugh at him; he certainly deserves it."

"I am not," Nilsen protested with a grimace. Then he sighed and looked at Lavender, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Want?" Lavender replied with a shrug. "No, but what choice have I? Fates deem I be a servant to someone and I think you be better than most, certainly no worse than others."

"Enough of this," Makro said with a wave of her hand. "If it makes you feel any better I think you're making a wise choice. My brother is an idiot and a pain in the ass, but for the most part he is a good man and will treat you as you deserve, if nothing else. Sit here so we can reach your neck if you please. Mihi, if you would?"

The chair Lavender sat down on creaked under her weight as a short, thin man of middle age pushed through the crowd to stand by her.

"Mistress Lavender I presume," he said with a smile and short bow. "I will attempt to make this as quick and painless — for you anyway — as I can." From a leather bag slung over his shoulder he pulled a box, opened it and withdrew a metal square. It was the same color as the band around her neck. Drawing a large, sharp pin out, he turned towards Nilsen and beckoned him over.

Over his shoulder he spoke with Lavender again. "Has anyone explained what will be happening here?" When she shook her head he continued, "It's very simple; we take a bit of Lord Nilsen's blood," he jabbed the needle into the fleshy pad of Nilsen's thumb and squeezed a drop out, "and apply it to your salidin." Guiding Nilsen's hand under Lavender's chin he smeared the droplet onto the metal band. For a moment nothing happened then the blood disappeared as if being soaked into a sponge and the band turned a rich golden hue, colors faintly shimmering over the surface.

"Then we activate it," he said. Taking the metal box he placed one thumb in a depression on the top and held it next to her salidin. The box turned an identical golden hue and after a moment returned to its original pewter-gray color.

"All done," he said straightening up. "You may feel disoriented for awhile, but that's normal. Unless you fight it you should feel just fine by morning."

"That's it?" she asked incredulously. She felt slightly dizzy, and her vision seemed just a bit odd, but other than that, nothing.

"That's it," he said. "You are now bonded to Lord Nilsen. I'd also like to say just how lucky I think you are. It's an honor as well as a privilege to be bonded to such a fine liege."

"Hmm," Lavender grunted noncommittally. Looking over at her new liege — that was going to be tough to get used to — she saw him staring at his thumb and grimacing like he'd bitten into a sour apple.

"He doesn't think it much a privilege," she said almost laughing.

"Yes, well, that doesn't surprise me," Mihi said frowning slightly as he followed her gaze. "Too much like his father, if you ask me. Never could get him to accept what was his due. Used to drive old Don crazy, it did. Well, nothing for it, I suppose. Anyway, if you should start to feel a bit strange, think something is wrong, or maybe just have a question, feel free to ask me about it."

"Don't feel much different," Lavender said with a shrug.

"That's good," Mihi replied. "You're not fighting it either consciously or subconsciously; that will make for an easy transition. I understand you're going to be his shieldman? Maybe I should say shieldwoman? I'm not familiar with that term. What does it mean?"

"Just say his shield," she said with a nod. "Where I come from a shield is one who protects those in their care from all harm. In battle you are the armor at their back, protection where they can't see. Everywhere else you are the eyes behind them, the body between them and the assassin's blade, the taster of their food. A shield's life is to protect her charge. Only high nobles ever have shields."

"Sounds like what we would call a bodyguard," Mihi nodded.

"Body, guard?" Lavender rolled the sounds over her tongue. "Yes, the guard of your charge's body. Yes, that sounds right."

"I wonder if Lord Nilsen knows what he's gotten into," Mihi said with a chuckle. "From what he was saying he only expected you to be his support during battle and to tell the truth he hasn't seen much of that yet."

"He's still young," Lavender said knowingly. "But I can tell he will be a great warrior. He wears the mantle of leadership loosely now, but someday it will be different."

"Don't doubt it for a moment," Mihi agreed. "And it's probably a good idea he has a bodyguard, or shield, now. Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea if all the royal children started taking an escort with them wherever they go. Nothing personal, but I really don't like the idea of gangs of slavers roaming the streets slapping salidin on whomever they feel like. Who's to say they wouldn't do that to Lady Makro or Jarrah, or, gods forbid, Lord Nilsen himself."

"Hmm," Lavender mused. "I'm thinking maybe these children are more noble than I had thought. Where I come from it not usual for high nobles to travel without their shields. Here it is different?"

"Well, to tell the truth there hasn't been a real need for it up till now," Mihi answered. "And if I understand you, then yes, these children are about as noble as you can get in Jeevel. The king and the queens would be considered higher I suppose, but few else other than their siblings.

"When we first came on this trip I know Salas was considered reasonably safe," he continued. "Now, the princesses usually travel with a guard or two, although I think it's been mostly to have someone do the carrying for them more than protection. As for Lord Nilsen..." he just shrugged. "He pretty much goes where and when he wants, usually alone, or maybe with that friend of his. Since he spends most of his time at the Academy, I don't think anybody has even thought of it. For the most part he's able to pretty much take care of himself."

"Now he has a shield and he won't be alone," Lavender said, the situation settled as far as she was concerned.

"It won't be that easy," Mihi cautioned. "He has a tendency to be ... How shall I say this... ? Well, a bit..."

"Rock-headed?" Lavender supplied. "Pig-brained? Donkey-stubborn?"

"Well, I'm not sure I would have put it quite that way," Mihi said, trying not to grin. "But essentially, yes. You seemed to have grasped one of his more irritating characteristics rather quickly. The problem is if he tells you to leave him alone you won't have any option but to do it. I'm sure they told you about that aspect of the bond, didn't they?"

"It's okay," Lavender waved it off and grinned. "If he be the fool I know he will be, I just tell his sister."

"Well," Mihi was slightly taken back, "that might work. In fact I'm sure it would. Hmm, this could be rather interesting."

"My ears are burning," Nilsen said as he walked over to them. "You must be talking about me."

"Of course, My Lord," Lavender said unselfconsciously. "He say you are probably going to be rock-headed and stupid about taking your shield with you when you go out; I say you won't."

"My shield," he said, puzzled. "I don't use a shield, and if I did I certainly wouldn't carry it around, not unless I'm on campaign or something like that."

"I'm your shield now," Lavender said looking down at him. "I go where you go, do what you do."

"That's all very nice," he said, "but really not necessary. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. If you want to train to be my shieldmate in combat I don't have any problem with that, although the thought of a woman in combat still seems a little strange to me. Yes, I know you're capable — I have seen you fight, after all — but it's still going to take some getting used to. But as far as following me around everywhere ... I don't think so. I don't need a nanny."

"You don't need a nanny, brother dear," Deimie said. She and Fobie had come up behind him unobserved.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.