Quest For Knowledge - Cover

Quest For Knowledge

Copyright© 2007 by colt45

Chapter 2

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Dent's (Sea King) oldest children are grown up now. While in Salas with a few of his sisters, Nilsen acquires a seven foot tall giantess with a secret that can open up the mysteries of the Old Technology. Whoever has that knowledge could quite possibly rule the world, but is it worth the price?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Incest   Brother   Sister   Harem   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

"Cerberus?" Demeter said walking up behind Nilsen. "Any idea what she's talking about?"

"No," Nil shook his head. "The name I've heard before. It's from an ancient legend, something about a guard with multiple heads. Other than that I have no idea."

"Maybe when she wakes up we can ask her?" Demeter answered with a shrug.

"She may not wake up for days," Nilsen said. "Didn't that bastard say something about her being taken just last week? Maybe we can find out where she was taken and how they brought her into the city. That might give us an idea of who or what this Cerberus is. Do they keep records of that kind of thing here? I know in Jeevel they used to."

Demeter looked decidedly uncomfortable as he answered. "Yes, they do keep records of that sort of thing here. Look, I'll help you get her back to your quarters; then I'll head out and try to find out what I can. I know a few people that should be able to get me the information you want."

"You," Nilsen grunted as he hauled her up by her arms and draped her over his shoulder, "don't have to wait. I can get her back. Damn, she's solid!" He staggered toward the door.

"Are you sure you can carry her back by yourself?" Demeter asked as he tagged along behind.

"Yep. It may look a bit strange, but I can make it back to the quarters at least," He groaned. It was like carrying a huge sack of sand! She was so tall her arms almost dragged the ground behind him as he walked.

"Maybe we should get a cart or a wagon," Demeter added helpfully.

"I can't waste any time," Nilsen said already panting under his load. "What I gave her is going to continue to make her weaker until it's completely out of her system. Gods only know what they gave her will do. I need to get her back and get fluids and maybe even some food in her. Besides, I want to have Jarrah look at her as soon as possible."

"Well, if you think you can do it..." Demeter said, looking skeptical.

"Oh, I can do it," grunted Nil. "Besides, this beats hauling a pack full of rocks for twenty miles." With the hand he had wrapped around her waist holding her onto his shoulder he reached out and patted her bottom, which was positioned right next to his head.

"Good thing she's out," Demeter chuckled. "You do that when she's awake and you might not get your hand back."

"I'd probably be lucky to get my whole arm back," Nilsen agreed with a smile. "Now, why don't you go try to find out what you can about her? I don't know why, but I have the feeling we need to find out about this Cerberus fellow quickly.

"I thought only the Demons could foretell the future," Demeter barked a laugh. "If I'd known you could also, I'd of had you down at the horsetrack by now."

"I would appreciate it if you wouldn't call my sisters 'the Demons'," Nilsen huffed as he jogged along. "Deimie and Fobie have a special gift. I don't pretend to understand it, but I believe in it." Nilsen thought about his two younger sisters. The oldest of three sets of twins by their mother, Shasta, they were just under a season younger than Nilsen himself. All his life they had had the knack for knowing what was going to happen before it did. Sometimes right before, sometimes well into the future. They didn't see everything, or at least they didn't tell him everything they saw, but what they did tell him invariably came to pass one way or another. He knew it scared others, like Demeter, who hadn't grown up with them, but to Nilsen it was as normal as breathing.

"Sorry," Demeter said sheepishly. "I didn't mean anything bad by it. It's just ... well ... that's what everybody calls them. I'll try to be more careful about what I say from now on."

"Thanks," Nilsen said with a nod. "Actually it doesn't seem to bother them at all. They just laugh when they hear it. I don't care if it bothers them or not; it bothers me."

"Well, I'd rather have your Demons for sisters than the flat-out bitches I have," Demeter responded. "But I understand what you're saying and I'll watch myself."

"You'd better," Nilsen said with a grin. "It just bothers me, but it makes Makro angrywhen somebody else calls them that. You don't want Makro angry at you."

"Gods, no!" Demeter muttered with an exaggerated shiver. Then he brightened up a bit. "Speaking of her, what do you think she'll say about your new pet?"

"Thanks," Nilsen grumbled back. "I was trying not to think about that."

"Oh, sorry." Demeter didn't sound very remorseful, and didn't look it at all. "Well, on that happy note I think I'll take off and see what I can find out about your girlfriend. I'll be back as soon as I find out anything. Till then..." With a wave and a whistle he strode off quickly.

Nilsen grunted after his friend but kept plodding along towards their assigned quarters. He was getting strange looks from everyone he passed on the street, almost like they didn't see a man carrying a seven-foot woman over his shoulder every day! That and his shoulder was really beginning to hurt. It felt like she weighed a ton and he briefly debated whether to stop and move her to the other shoulder. Ultimately he decided not to. The potential for dropping her was too great, and he might not be able to get her back up if he set her down! Besides, the quarters were only a few blocks away.

After what seemed an eternity he stumbled up the steps to the front door of their assigned quarters. As guests of Salas's Putram or ruler, they had been given the use of a very spacious townhouse close to the Warrior Guild's Academy and the Putram's palace. He waved and grunted at the two guards standing next to the doors. They looked on in wonder as their master's son marched in with this ... thing ... draped over his shoulder. One shook his head and quickly moved to open the door.

"Your Highness!" he said saluting. It was a strange salutation for them, but it was how the new nobility of Jeevel wanted to be addressed. "Your Majesty" for Dent and his wives, "Your Highness," for their sons and daughters. It was still different, but after eighteen seasons it was beginning to feel right.

"Your Highness," he said again as they entered the atrium. "Should I call for a healer?"

"Not if Jarrah is available," he groaned. "I'm taking her up to my rooms. Would you send some of the girls up to get a bath ready?" Nilsen noticed one of the maids peeking around the corner. When she saw him looking at her she squeaked and drew her head quickly out of sight. Great, he thought, if any of my sisters are home they're going to know about this in about two seconds. He sighed and trudged towards his rooms.

Entering his own set of rooms he headed straight for the bathing arbor. As gently as possible he lowered his burden to the tile floor and moved his arm and shoulder around trying to get feeling back into his numbed limbs.

Moments later Katern tordeSiso, their head housekeeper, hurriedly entered his room followed by four younger maids who had the look of either curiosity or terror in their eyes; it was difficult to determine which. There was none of that in Katern's eyes; she barely glanced at the giant woman lying on her master's floor but quietly looked to him with a questioning gaze. Nilsen had always liked Katern; no, he loved her like another mother. She had been bonded to one or another of his mothers since before he was born and was a fixture in his life from his earliest memories. Even in her early forties she remained petite and slim, although the years had added some nicely rounded padding. Her brown hair, with only a slight touch of gray, was still worn long and as was the usual case during the working day, braided and hanging down to the small of her back.

Nilsen waited for her to ask the inevitable question, but it never came. She just stood there looking at him with just a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Will 'she followed me home, ' work this time?" he finally asked with a sigh.

"It seems to have already," Katern said with barely repressed amusement. "Anything I should know about right now? Like the city Proctors pounding on the door demanding we return a missing female giant?"

"No, I don't think that will happen," he said, relieved she was taking it so well. "What I do need — actually she needs — is water or juice. She's had a dose of one of father's berserker pills and is going to need something soon. Is Jarrah home now?"

"No," she answered still smiling. "Actually none of them are. Mistress Jarrah is at the Healers Guild Hall this afternoon; Mistress Makro is at the palace and Mistresses Deimie and Fobie..." She just shrugged. "I expect they should return in the next few hours or so." Turning slightly, she snapped her fingers and pointed at one of the maids. "You heard the Master: juice, water, now!" The maid unlucky enough to be singled out took off at a run.

"Still terrifying the young ladies, Katern?" he said with a grin. "They don't know you like I do. You might give them the impression you're something other than the big pussycat who purrs when her tummy is rubbed."

"Oh, you devil!" she laughed. "I never could bring myself to swat your butt when you deserved it; spoiled you is what I did." Then she stopped smiling and turned back towards the remaining three maids. "One of them should have run immediately for your juice and water as soon as you mentioned it. We'll see if we can't find a way to instill this in their memory so they won't forget it again." The helpless girls actually cringed under her gaze. Turning back to Nilsen the smile returned as she said, "Is there something else you need immediately? You brought her in here; can I assume either you intend to get a bath or give her one?"

"Yes," he said. "She's going to need bathing as soon as possible. She won't be able to assist us, unfortunately. You'd better have two of the guards up here to help us out." This time one of the maids tore off at a frantic pace almost running down the one bring back a tray with two pitchers and cups.

"Trainable," he heard Katern mumble. "Barely trainable."

A few minutes later, with the help of two burly guards, he had her stripped and in the tub. The water was warm having come from the roof cistern. Not that Lavender felt it; she was still unconscious. Luckily she was able to swallow a few mouthfuls of juice he dribbled into her mouth. With the guards holding her head out of the water, the maids soaped and washed her body while Nilsen did the same with her hair. He was somewhat peeved when he caught the two guards staring at her rather curvy body. He decided he couldn't chastise them directly since he had caught himself doing the same a number of times.

"I haven't had time to tell you the whole story, Momma Kat," he said without looking up at her, "but it is quite interesting. Why, did you know that not more than an hour ago I watched this very woman kill five men in the arena in the span of little more than the same number of minutes?"

"Why, no, I didn't know that," Katern answered. He went on to describe in detail her fight in the ring.

"Yep," he said lathering up her hair for the third time. "Gods only knows what she would do if someone was foolish enough to try to take advantage of her while she was in this state."

"Perish the thought," Katern replied with a hint of amusement. "Certainly we wouldn't have that problem here, My Lord."

"I would hope not," Nilsen said. "I'd have to let her discuss it in her own way with anyone who took such liberties." The guards' eyes suddenly came up and fastened on anything except the woman they were holding.

"It would not do..." he started, but was interrupted by footsteps at his back.

"Our brother seems to have found a new pet, Fobie," a voice as musical as a tinkling bell came from behind him.

"It would seem so, sister," another voice answered, equally musical and almost identical to the first.

"I thought you two were out," Nilsen grunted without turning.

It wouldn't have mattered since they moved to the front of the tub and gazed down at the occupant. That they were twins was obvious at first sight, alike as a reflection in a mirror. Of middling height with long flowing hair the color of freshly burnished copper; sea-green eyes, wide and doe-like, with skin as clear and unblemished as porcelain. They had slim builds as they moved from the last of childhood into the full bloom of womanhood. Their breasts were prominent, but only average when compared to Makro's more than generous attributes. They were wearing full-length linen shifts, cinched tight at the waist. Even to a brother's eyes they were extraordinarily beautiful. They were the Demons.

"We were," The one to his right answered. Nilsen instinctively knew that one was Deimie. As far as he knew, he was the only one, other than Deimie and Fobie themselves, who could instantly differentiate between the two of them. He always knew which was which, even if they didn't speak. How he knew, he couldn't say; he just knew.

"And now we're back," said the other without a perceptible break in the sentence. She continued, "We knew you would be back and that something would require our attention." Together they bent down to peer at the dripping wet giantess.

"Fobie, her..."

"... Salidin. Yes I see it." The twins turned to look at each other.

"It..."

" ... begins."

"Her salidin is only partially activated," Fobie said looking at Nilsen.

"I know that," Nilsen sighed. "I'm not a complete idiot, you know."

Katern had been listening to their conversation. Listening to the twins talk had a tendency to make one dizzy until you learned to listen to them as if they were one person, not two. Frowning, she looked at the metal band around the giantess's neck and her eyes widened in surprise as her own hand instinctively came up to touch the band around her own neck.

It was certainly a salidin, of that there was no doubt, but it was a dull pewter gray, not the rich golden color like the one around her own neck or the necks of the other servants in the room. The color meant she was not presently bonded. Suddenly the meaning of that occurred to her.

"Sara!" she barked to one of the maids kneeling next to the tub. "Run to the Captain of the Guard! Tell him we need two, maybe three more guardsmen up here, right now!" Sara flinched, jumped up and bolted out of the room at a dead run.

"Katern," Nilsen said, sounding rather exasperated, "what in the world was that all about?"

"You have an unbonded warrior slave in this house, next to three of the heirs of Jeevel," she practically screamed. "You ask me what this is all about? Are you insane? Are you so enamored of her tits that you can't see the danger? What kind of fool are you?"

"You know," he sighed, "that's the second time today I've been called a fool. Not that it's a record, but it does get tiring. Katern," he looked up into her angry eyes, "I just finished telling you I gave her one of father's berserker pills. You know what that does to whoever takes it. You should anyway; you were the one to nurse me after I tried it. She probably won't wake for another day or two and even then she'll be weak as a kitten for double that. She's no danger to anyone for a while. When she is, we'll take the proper precautions, I promise."

"Maybe," Katern sniffed. "But you don't know how it affects her. For all you know she could be feigning sleep right now."

"I doubt that very much," he chuckled. "But, if it makes you feel better, I have been properly chastised." Pounding feet out in the hallway interrupted him as two additional guards and the Captain of the Guard ran into the room.

"Where's the threat?" the captain wheezed.

"There isn't any..." Nilsen started when Katern interrupted him.

"She is," Katern said, pointing to Lavender. "Our master's son"― Nilsen knew he was in trouble when she called him that ― "has brought an unbound warrior into the household. She should be shackled immediately!"

"She won't be shackled at all," Nilsen said loudly. "I forbid it."

Katern hissed in frustration.

"Be at ease, Momma Kat," Fobie laughed.

"She is of no danger to anyone in this household," Deimie continued. "At least no physical danger." Saying that, the twins looked at each other and laughed again.

Katern harrumphed at them but held her tongue. She was a firm believer in the twins' powers, so as much as she didn't like it, when they said the woman was no danger, then the woman was no danger. It didn't mean Katern had to like it.

"Would it make you feel better if she were watched at all times?" Nilsen interjected to mollify the still-angry servant.

"Better she is manacled to a wall," Katern sniffed again. "But being watched is better than nothing. I still think you are a fool."

Nilsen was about to say something once again to placate the irate matron when he was interrupted once again, this time from the source of the consternation herself.

"Fool," Lavender mumbled, not opening her eyes. "Blue-eyed fool."

"Well," Katern said with a triumphant look in her eye. "She doesn't seem to be quite as affected as you believed. Hmm, I will say, from what I've heard so far, she sounds intelligent, or at least insightful."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.