Kenshiro Hidori - Cover

Kenshiro Hidori

Copyright© 2006 by Cylis Derrens

Chapter 1B

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 1B - This story is about a young man dreaming of what would happen if he could fight in the battles of the past. Offered a place in a strange but real game he is given that chance. In this separate time how will history look on him. Will he be a hero or a man quickly forgotten?

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Superhero  

Within months Kenshiro had built ten gun factories and was in the process of having gun makers trained. Recruiting peasant soldiers he gave them the guns, refusing to force his samurai to dishonor themselves in using firearms. This recruitment served a second purpose; the peasant soldiers increased the size of his army, giving him more manpower to work with and potentially draw from. These troop build ups caught the attention of many daimyos particularly Lord Nobunaga Oda. He too had sought Kenshiro when he had been a wandering ronin. When Kenshiro had chosen one of his rivals Lord Uesugi it had stung his pride. Now he had a whole new reason to attack the Uesugi clan. With Kenshiro leading them they were now more of a threat than under their last lord. Determined to gain leverage over his new rival he tried to find out Kenshiro's true family. Unfortunately for Kenshiro Fujiko whom he had saved years before had made an effort to learn his family name and had succeeded. Someone somewhere had mentioned Kenshiro's resemblance to a samurai of the Hidori line. Another chance meeting allowed her to meet a member of the Hidori family named Yoshi Hidori. Then she had no doubt that the two men were related. When Nobunaga Oda called her to him under the pretense of rewarding he rescuer Fujiko readily gave it.

Using his vast resources he began to search for the other members of the Hidori family. Kenshiro's spies warned him of Nobunaga's intentions. Using his knowledge of history he was able to track down each ninja clan sending messengers to each. He offered them the one thing they really wanted Nobunaga's head on a platter. Nobunaga Oda as Kenshiro remembered him in history had been known for exterminating ninja across Japan. Who knows how many ninja the daimyo had killed before his death. Now Kenshiro was offering to kill this trouble maker. He knew they would not wish to pass up the opportunity.

Kenshiro wanted to meet them at a neutral location and each group could bring an honor guard. After meeting face to face he made sure they understood the arrangement. They would save his family and help him against the other daimyos when he needed them, and he would deliver the head of Nobunaga Oda and protect them if their hiding places were revealed.

Both sides gained from the bargain. The ninja set out to find the members of the Hidori family in the area Kenshiro had indicated. The ninja were able to move unnoticed compared to Kenshiro's forces who would have been easily spotted. Kenshiro was not interested in tipping off his enemy to the ongoing rescue mission. If Nobunaga found out he would only force his people to move faster and he might get to Kenshiro's family first. Kenshiro simply could not risk that. He had given the ninja further instructions on how to bring his kinsmen to a safe haven where people would be ready to bring his family to him.

Yoshi Hidori had no idea why Nobunaga Oda was pursuing him and his household. His family had done nothing to personally anger the man as far as he knew. When he had questioned them about this they confirmed it. Yoshi had served some minor lord before his lord had been defeated in battle. Up until now they had been searching for a new lord to take them. Lord Oda had set a trap for Yoshi and his kin by offering them the chance to serve his clan. Having a bad feeling about this meeting Yoshi investigated. He still had influential friends serving other daimyos and they told him Lord Oda meant to capture his family. When Yoshi asked why the daimyo would do such a thing they said, "I honestly don't know." Lord Oda it seems was able to keep the actual reason itself secret for he was the only one who truly knew. Now on the run Yoshi sought a place of safety where he could hide his family. The Hidori family had suffered enough resent loss. Yoshi's eldest son and he had experienced a falling out. Samata had left with a group of Jesuit priests on their way to Rome. He had wanted to see Europe and on his return brought with him a European wife. Yoshi had admonished his son for disgracing their family and the two had not spoken since. While Yoshi had other children he had to take care of after the death of his wife Samata remained an open wound. Yoshi had never forgiven himself for chasing Samata away after his son had obviously sought his approval. Samata had lived in Nagasaki and had not answered his father's requests to return home and had refused to receive Yoshi himself. This went on until Samata and his wife were killed by Wako. Wako were pirates who patrolled the Japanese coast. Yoshi never had the chance to make amends for his mistake in judgment.

One night as Yoshi knew his pursuers must be closing in he received a shocking surprise. Awoken from his sleep by someone shaking his foot, he looked to see who it was. A ninja his dark clothes making him barely noticeable in the moonlight raised a finger to his lips indicating silence. Yoshi had insisted they camp in the forest so they could get rest for tomorrow's journey. The little ones looked like they were about to pass out. Most of the children were not much older than eight or nine years old.

Looking around he saw his family being rounded up quietly. Following his first instinct he was preparing to attack sure that these ninja were his enemies. Then ninja stopped this in one movement handing the emblem of the Uesugi clan embroidered into a piece of cloth. Gesturing towards it the ninja then pointed at himself. Now Yoshi understood what was happening. The Uesugi clan had sent these ninja to rescue them. Why exactly Yoshi did not care. He now had a powerful daimyo who had gone out of his way to help him. Yoshi was not about to press what little luck he had. Gathering his things with the rest of his family Yoshi followed the ninja with the rest of his kin behind him. The ninja led them along a long trek to a monastery once there the leader of the ninja signaled for them to wait here before they disappeared. Monks carrying lanterns soon appeared motioning for them to enter the monastery. Inside the monks dressed them in the clothing of peasants. When they were finished dressing a monk brought them to a room where they found mats to sleep on. The same monk woke them up the next morning and they traveled with a group of the monks to the territory of the Uesugi clan, where they were handed over to a captain who escorted them to the capital city with his samurai.

Bathed and given fine clothing to wear they were brought to their own rooms to sleep in inside the castle. The following morning Natsumo brought Yoshi Hidori to Kenshiro. In the meeting room Yoshi was greeted warmly by Kenshiro as he knelt before him. Shocked by this action Yoshi asked, "Why does Lord Uesugi kneel before a guest in his own castle?"

"My late lord Kenshin Uesugi adopted me making me his successor. I now kneel before the head of my house. I am Kenshiro Hidori son of Samata Hidori. You are my liege lord and as your humble vassal and kin I offer you what is rightfully your; leadership of this clan and all of its territories." Helping Kenshiro up Yoshi embraced him with joy. "Long have I longed to see my son again. I thought I lost the last chance to make things right when he died now I have his son to cherish. I welcome you to my house and ask you lead the armies of our clan to victory." For Kenshiro the meeting was equally heartfelt. Yoshi Hidori was the mirror image of his grandfather. He even used the same gestures and speech. Kenshiro could hardly believe he had blessed with his own second chance. He had never been able to properly say goodbye to the man that had raised him. His grandfather had died so suddenly and had hid his cancer. Now he too had a second chance to do the right thing. "I thank you my lord for his trust and I humbly obey." Kenshiro said.

The Hidori clan took power announcing its legitimacy for the shogunate. The Hidori clan could trace its line back to a marriage with a member of the Yamato clan the ruling family of Japan. The Uesugi clan was folded into the Hidori clan as a whole those few unmarried of its members were married off to members of the Uesugi clan and Takeda. This further strengthened the three clans. Taking personal command of the army Kenshiro set about whipping it into shape. Lord Hidori gave him a free hand to do all that was necessary to protect their clan. Kenshiro bought cannon and firearms to arm his troops. His army was well trained, well armed and disciplined.

Nobunaga Oda seeing his plan had failed chose to sit back and watch what would happen next. The Hojo clan was the first to make a move. The new Hidori clan's territories bordered their own making them a real threat. Hojo sent an emissary to speak with a representative of the Hidori clan. Yoshi Hidori chose Kenshiro to be that representative at the meeting.

Meeting just inside the Hidori border Kenshiro received the Hojo embassy. He began by beginning the usual introductions and talking about the weather. This was a polite and well respected custom that was meant to show respect, but he was interrupted by the ambassador. Those of his own party stiffened even the Hojo captain in charge of his honor guard was shocked at the affront. To do such a thing was considered rude and caused embarrassment if not over looked. Controlling his emotions Kenshiro said, "Very well what does your lord seek?"

"My lord's army is greater than yours. He suggests your clan joins him as his vassals he will in turn spare you, and give your family a place of honor in his clan." The ambassador a small scarecrow looking man said. Scoffing Kenshiro replied, "By what right does your lord make such demand? Our army could grind yours to dust! Our clan has legitimacy and is well respected among the other clans by our name alone. We are known for our honor and loyalty even in the face of danger. Can you or you lord say the same? You come making empty threats for what purpose? If you sought us as an ally I would have brought it before my lord but I will not bring him this insult!"

Infuriated the ambassador said something that caused all his party to gasp, "You speak of honor my lord does not use ninja! I suspect your lord used them to save himself. Better to die by his own hand then to use such filth!" Kenshiro calmly sat there as if he were a mighty rock expressionless but strong. Everyone even his own people expected him to explode in rage but he did not. Without a hint of what he was about to do Kenshiro's sword sang from its sheath, and sliced off the ambassador's head in one quick motion. Shaking the blood from his blade he returned it to his sheath calmly as if nothing had happened. No one had been able to see the move coming or had time to stop it. By the time even one of the Hojo samurai grasped his sword the ambassador's head was already rolling in the sand. Pointing his finger at the head he said, "Wrap his head so that the captain make take it back to his lord. Remember this well captain. Any who insult my lord before me shall die! If your lord comes against this clan he is welcome to join this man." With that Kenshiro rose and turned his back on the Hojo embassy walking away.

Yoshi Hidori called Kenshiro before him when he heard the news Kenshiro sent. "While I can understand your wanting to defend your lord's honor, this was not wise. Most of our people think you went mad as does the rest of Japan. " Yoshi said then pausing he seemed deep in thought before saying, "But you predicted that response didn't you? Now no one will dare question my honor for they fear you will cut them down. Another reason for this move is to invite Hojo to fight us. While I am sure you are quite capable of defeating him you have forgotten about our other enemy Lord Nobunaga Oda. I had hoped to make peace with Hojo but now I see this is not possible. Even if you had not killed his emissary he would still be coming after us. You have simply made him speed up his plans. Now we have no choice but to ally with Nobunaga now while we prepare our army for battle."

"I am not sure what you are referring to my lord. I merely made a man pay for his rudeness and insulting comments. It was my duty to do so. My army is already ready for war and can move at a moments notice. I like to prepare for the worst and already gave orders for them to do so." Kenshiro said with a bow. Smiling Yoshi said, "You are not a fool Kenshiro, so don't pretend to be. I know you planned this or at least saw the possibility even before you met the ambassador. You are too clever for your own good, but it is good you made preparations. Now you will be able to come with me to meet your bride."

"Bride my lord?" Kenshiro asked confused. Chuckling at the fact that he had managed to surprise his clever kinsmen Yoshi said, "Yes to secure the alliance you will marry a handmaiden who serves the Oda clan. Ironically she was the one that put me and most of my household in danger. Lord Oda used her affection for you to find out your family name." Rage barely concealed in his eyes Kenshiro said, "Fujiko."

Raising his eyebrows Yoshi said, "Ah, so you do know her. Yes she will be your bride. Fujiko Mitsuhide is a trusted handmaiden to Lady Oda and Nobunaga Oda insisted on her as the choice. I see no problem as she cannot do us any further harm." Biting back a retort Kenshiro held his peace but Yoshi had learned to read him. "You disagree?" Yoshi asked raising an eyebrow.

"With all due respect my lord, she nearly allowed Nobunaga to capture you!" Kenshiro said his frustration evident. "Unintentionally yes she did. She cares for you very much. Fujiko had hoped Lord Oda would do as he said he would and reward you for saving Lady Oda and her party. I am sure she has learned from her mistake and will not do so again. You have tied my hands Kenshiro. Now you must marry so our clan's flank will be secure. Later we can deal with Lord Oda and his crimes against our house, but for now neither side can afford a war with the other. He has other enemies to deal with just as we do. This marriage will bring safety to both our clans." Seeing that he was trapped by his own actions Kenshiro said, "Then I will marry this woman to further serve my clan, and its lord."

Lord Nobunaga traveled to the Hidori capital and was greeted with a banquet. Looking at his enemy Kenshiro longed to kill him right then and there but it would endanger his clan so silenced the impulse. Hiding behind a mask of politeness he greeted his rival as if nothing stood between them. He sensed by Lord Oda's demeanor that he too did not like the situation as well. That realization gave Kenshiro some comfort, knowing that he was not the only unwilling party. Throughout his wedding Kenshiro barely looked at his bride, showing only the necessary courtesies. That night he returned to his room alone leaving her in another in their new household. When Hojo gathered his forces to attack Kenshiro did not even say goodbye to her leaving his wife and riding off to meet his enemy. His hatred for Lord Oda, and his anger at Fujiko for her part in helping his enemy filling his thoughts.

The new peace treaty between Lord Oda and the Hidori clan allowed Kenshiro to concentrate more of his army's manpower on defeating Lord Hojo and his army. When the two armies began to maneuver Kenshiro refused to engage the enemy. The Hojo army had superior numbers at a ratio of four to one. To defeat his rival he would need superior position. For days it was a game of cat, and mouse as Hojo would try to do everything he could to attack Kenshiro. Hojo was denied each time as the smaller army seemed to be just out of reach. Kenshiro finally halted his forces on a group of hills, setting up his forces in a long line side by side. The center hill was covered with trees. Using this natural cover to maximum advantage he placed his infantry in the trees while splitting his cavalry, and firepower between the two other hills.

It took two more days of waiting before Hojo realized that Kenshiro was not going to move. From his point of view he saw only his enemy's long range units along with cavalry supporting them. His scouts were fired on whenever they tried to find out where the infantry was. Hojo's guess was that they were behind the hill safe and out of sight. Kenshiro was mounted along with his hatamoto including Natsumo, on the right hill just in front of his units there. He watched as Hojo's army began its advance. Aiming the few cannons he had with him at the advancing enemy troops he ordered them to open fire. The thundering roar of his cannon fire was all the warning the enemy troops received before large balls of hot metal collided with their lines ripping huge gaps in them. The suddenness of the attack, and the screams of dying men drove panic into the hearts of Hojo's troops. Enemy officers struggled to keep their men from breaking, and running from this devastating hail.

With the drop of his upraised hand he gave the command for the drums to beat rhythm signaling the attack. His infantry rushed out of the woods roaring their battle cries. The already demoralized enemy was forced back by the sudden press. As a final blow Kenshiro led his cavalry and chased the Hojo army from the field. In the ensuing confusion Kenshiro spied Lord Hojo with his hatamoto. Spurring his horse he charged. One of the enemy bodyguards spotted a man charging towards them with a group of samurai on horseback trying desperately to keep up. Turning towards his master he yelled out a warning. Over the din of battle Lord Hojo and the rest of his bodyguard did not hear him. By the time he turned back around it was too late. His only warning was a roaring battle cry before the point of Kenshiro's spear pierced his throat. Jerking the point free Kenshiro urged his horse on. The other bodyguards who had not heard their comrade before he died, were caught by surprise as Kenshiro charged through them. Aiming his spear he stabbed Lord Hojo's horse in the side. Crying out in pain the horse toppled over after Kenshiro managed to jerk the point free. Hojo was thrown from his horse as it came crashing to the ground. Rolling to his feet Hojo watched as his men rushing quickly to aid their fallen lord barred Kenshiro from him. This was until Kenshiro's hatamoto caught up with him.

Under the steady press of the aggressors Hojo's men were pushed back. When a gap was made Kenshiro charged through. Unsheathing his sword Hojo prepared to defend himself. As Kenshiro made a stab for his chest Hojo cut through the shaft of the spear. Casting aside the remaining length Kenshiro dismounted when he was clear. Drawing both swords he was carrying, Kenshiro closed with Hojo determined to press an advantage. Making a few testing cuts at his opponent Kenshiro tried to feel for any weakness in Hojo's guard. Lord Hojo while well skilled Hojo favored his right leg. This was due to his fall from his horse. The bruised muscles refused to move correctly when he put his full weight on them. Charging towards Hojo's left Kenshiro made an attack with his short sword towards his rival's head. He quickly followed this with a cut with the other sword, towards the back of Lord Hojo's knee. Hojo managed to block the first cut, but fell victim to the second. To block Kenshiro's first attack he had been forced to put more weight on his injured left leg. When Kenshiro's sword connected he lost all balance. Toppling over he landed on his back blood flowing from the wound. Before Kenshiro could finish him off, he heard the clatter of hooves to his right. Diving out of the way he watched as a group of enemy samurai rescued their lord placing him on one of their horses. In a final effort Lord Hojo's hatamoto gave their lives to allow their master to escape. Admiring their sacrifice Kenshiro had them buried with full honors, sending their things what few they were that were not buried with them back to their families by messenger.

Lord Hojo and Kenshiro would never again come face to face, but each came to respect the other's abilities. They had four more battles against each other before a lucky arrow shot mortally wounded Lord Hojo. Taking his rival's territory Kenshiro treated Hojo's household well, at least those who had not yet committee seppuku. Thus did the Hojo clan survive if just barely.

When Kenshiro returned he began to study the art of sword making. It was a passion of his and spent much of his free time practicing the art. Finding a skilled sword smith he became greatly involved in it spending as little time as he could with his wife Fujiko who was still sleeping in a separate room. Natsumo his best friend did not like how Kenshiro was behaving. He watched as Fujiko did all she could think of to please a husband who ignored her. As time went on Natsumo witnessed its negative effects. Fujiko was crushed that the man she had longed for so long to meet now seemed to hate her. At her wedding Fujiko had expected that same man that had rescued her years before, but this man showed her a cold indifference. She guessed it had to do with her past actions concerning his family and her relationship to her former lord's wife. Try as she might Fujiko couldn't seem to distance herself from these things. In the eyes of her husband she was the enemy. Despair and loneliness gripped her heart choking away her joy. Fujiko began to eat less and less until her once fine figure disappeared, replacing it with the body of a thin sickly woman. Natsumo seeing this had now had enough. Approaching Kenshiro on horseback while they were hunting pheasant He said, "I have been through many dangers with you. You are an honorable man, and it has been my pleasure to serve with you in the past. Recently however you have not acted so honorably. Your wife has done her best to serve her new lord and husband, yet you have refused to see her efforts. I realize you hate Lord Oda for threatening your family, but her part in it was unintentional. You punish her for a crime she never committed, because you do not trust her. Now her soul is hollow, and she is dieing inside. If you will not go to her, and right this wrong then I am ashamed to call you my friend."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.