Doing The Right Thing - Cover

Doing The Right Thing

Copyright© 2006 by DG Hear

Chapter 3: Making a Difference

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3: Making a Difference - Is helping out a family, doing the right thing?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Tear Jerker   Cheating  

On Thanksgiving Day, Carmen and the kids showed up early. She looked so pretty. She wasn't dressed really special but even in a skirt and blouse she was a very attractive woman. She and Mandy were already getting started on the cooking. Mandy had told us she invited her boyfriend over for dinner also. I had met him a few times; he was a paramedic and still taking classes part time at the college where he met Mandy who was taking nurses training. They were both part of the group going to England to help out in a hospital during the holiday season. They would be leaving a week before Christmas and coming home on January 8th of next year. It was less than a month but it would be sad not having her here during that time.

Brad and his wife Gail and two of my grandchildren came in. I hugged them all and the kids asked when they could go in the hot tub? I told them later, I wanted them to meet some other kids. I introduced them to Mike, Mark and Molly. All the kids seem to get along fine. We walked into the kitchen and Mandy hugged her brother and proceeded to introduce Carmen.

"Brad, Gail, this is Carmen. A good friend of dad's and mine." I felt good when she said that.

Brad said hello but I knew the gears in his head were turning.

Gail said, "Hello," and asked the girls if they needed help. Before anyone got back to cooking, in came Janice and her husband Rob. We started through all the introductions again and Jan's kids ran down to the basement to play with the rest of the kids. We kept a number of games and coloring books and the like for the kids to play with in the basement. It was completely redecorated and had a TV and DVD player so the kids would have plenty to do.

The women got back to cooking and we guys tried to stay out of their way. I knew the guys wanted to know more about Carmen. I tried to explain her story to them without showing my feelings. I don't think I was doing a very good job of it.

"She's a good looking girl, Dad. How old is she, about my age?" asked Brad.

"She's thirty-one, Brad. She's a great person and deserves a little help."

Rob inserted, "Dad," he always called me dad. "Aren't you a little afraid that she might fall for you or you for her?"

"Look, I'm a widower and she is a widow. Granted she is a lot younger but if something happens so be it."

"Dad, you haven't had... been with her, have you?"

"That's kind of uncalled for and definitely personal, Brad. Since you're my son, I'll tell you. No, believe it or not, I haven't even tried to kiss her. I'll tell you right now that she's a great lady and I do care for her."

"Sorry, Dad, I know it's none of my business and you probably miss mom. After all it's been two years."

"This has nothing to do with your mother. In case you haven't noticed, I'm very much alive and if I find someone attractive, then it's my business. I suggest we change the subject. In fact, we better go check on all the kids. Your wives are doing the cooking and you two better do some baby sitting."

We did go downstairs and watched the kids. Carmen's kids seemed like they were getting along fine. Every few minutes Molly came to me to talk. I knew it bothered Brad but Rob thought she was the cutest little girl.

Mandy came downstairs and brought her boyfriend Ross down to meet everyone. I'd met him a number of times and I think he had met Brad before. After the introductions, Mandy went back upstairs and Ross joined in the conversation.

"I just met Mandy's friend Carmen. She sure is a nice looking woman. Mandy told me her husband was killed. Sure is a bummer."

I called over Carmen's kids and introduced them to Ross.

"Nice kids. Too bad their dad was killed. I think it's great you helping them out, Mr. Weller."

"Thanks, Ross. I picked a name off the tree at church and actually found a family really in need." I didn't want anyone to know that I asked Pastor Jim for a specific type family.

"Well, Ross, what's the latest with you? School and work must take a lot of your time."

"Yes, it does, but we are taking that trip in a couple weeks even though it's work related; I'll have a chance to get away for awhile and be with Mandy."

"How's it going with you and Mandy?" asked Brad.

Ross looked over at me and then back over at Brad. "I love her and was thinking about asking her to marry me when we are in England, in front of Big Ben - you know, the big clock. Mr. Weller, do I have your permission to ask her?"

"Ross, you don't need my permission. Mandy is a strong willed woman and is very capable of making her own decisions. If it's my blessing that you want, you have it. Is this a for sure thing? This asking her?"

"I think so, but please, none of you mention it just in case. I'm going to try and find out if she's ready to get married before popping the question. I love her but want to get a 'yes' answer," he replied.

"Our lips are sealed, Ross, and good luck to you." I knew what he was feeling. The truth be known I felt similar to him but knew better then to talk about it right now.

The day went great. The dinner was fantastic and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The kids all took turns in the hot tub. I couldn't get any of the adults to go in it.

Carmen told me, "Maybe another time." I knew I was going to hold her to it.

As the evening wore on, Mandy and Ross left to be alone for a while. I was helping Carmen clean up some of the mess. Janice and Gail came in and helped. After we finished, Brad and his family were getting ready to leave. Brad told Carmen it was nice meeting her and good luck to her. He hoped everything worked out for her.

Janice pulled me aside before she left. "Dad, Carmen is a nice person but she's too young for you."

"Where did that come from? I'm helping her out."

"Dad, she loves you, any fool can see that. We asked her if she's dating and she told us she had a boyfriend. Dad, you're that boyfriend. Otherwise she wouldn't have come here today. Just be careful, Dad."

After everyone had left, Carmen gathered up the kids and told me that she had a wonderful time. She liked my family and thought they were all nice. I don't know why I did it but I leaned forward and kissed her. It was a long soft kiss. When we pulled away, she had a tear in her eye.

"You shouldn't have done that, Dan. I have to go." She took the kids who quickly said goodbye to me and got in the car.

I walked up to the car window and told Carmen, "I'm so very sorry. I crossed the line. Please forgive me."

"The problem is, Dan, I've wanted you to do that for so long." With that said, she backed out of the drive in her old car and headed home.

I didn't hear from her on Friday, Saturday or even Sunday. I was worried about what I had done. On Monday I went over to the restaurant and she wasn't there. Joe told me she had to take Molly over to the day care today and would be back in a little bit. I had to get over to the store and figured I'd come back at lunch time but one of my employees was off sick so I had to stay around and work the shift.

I was trying to give Carmen a little space after crossing the line. After all, I was supposed to be a holiday buddy, not her lover. I went home and my phone was ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Carmen.

"Hello, Carmen, I'm sorry..."

"Dan, our apartment has been broken into. I just got home from picking up the kids and someone took our stuff. Even the old TV set. About all we have left is some of our clothes," she was crying. "I don't know what to do. The police are here now taking a report. They figured it was someone looking for stuff they could pawn off for drugs. We don't have anything of value but they took what little we had." God, it was horrible hearing her cry.

"Carmen, take some suitcases or bags or something and put yours and the kids' clothes in them. I will be by in about fifteen minutes. Everything will be alright. I promise you."

"Dan, I didn't know who else..."

"It's okay, Carmen, I'm glad it was me you called. Now go pack your things and I'll be right there."

I took the car and went and picked up Carmen and the kids. Molly had been crying saying she was scared. I told her everything was going to be ok. I was going to take them all home with me.

Carmen looked up at me in surprise. "I thought you'd drop us off at a motel for the night."

"No, you are all coming home with me. Put all the bags you have packed in your car. Take my car and the kids home. I'll drive yours with your belongings." She didn't ask any questions; she just did what I said.

I talked to the police officer and told him that they could contact her at my house. I gave him my phone number if he needed to get hold of us. He did tell me that they probably wouldn't get any of her stuff back. She didn't list anything of real value that they could trace. All they did was really tear up the apartment pretty badly.

I thanked the officer and got in Carmen's clunker and went to start it. I couldn't get it to turn over. The officer helped me jump it and I headed home. When I got there, Carmen and the kids were sitting on the porch.

"It's open. Why didn't you go in?"

"You weren't here and we weren't just going to walk in," replied Carmen.

"Come on, boys, help me carry all these bags in. Mike, you and Mark take your stuff up to the bedroom with the bunk beds in it. If it's Molly's or your mother's stuff, put it in the front bedroom. The one across from Mandy's room. Do you know which one?

"Yes, sir, boys stuff upstairs, girl stuff downstairs."

"If you're not sure then put it in the living room and your mom can decide. Carmen, you need to come and talk with me. Molly, why don't you help the boys and make sure they get it right." Of course Molly liked her job, telling the boys what to do.

"Dan, what are you doing? We can't live here. What will your kids think?"

"Carmen, you need help right now, tonight. Let's try it my way for a few days. It will give us time to figure out what to do. You and Molly can share the front bedroom and the boys will be more than comfortable upstairs."

"Dan, the boys have school, and Molly preschool. I have to work..."

"So, how is living here going to hinder that. You just need to leave about fifteen minutes earlier. I can help too; I'll either drop Molly or the boys off at school. Call them tomorrow and explain that your house was broken into and that you will be bringing the boys to school. Give them my name so I can drop them off and pick them up. This will work, Carmen, I promise."

"Dan, I care for you. I like you an awful lot. Your kids know it and I need for you to know it."

"Did you tell them?" I asked.

"No, women just know it. Men... I don't know, men think differently. I don't know about your son, Brad, but Mandy, Janice and Gail all can tell. I'm sorry, it's not just something I can hide. I wear my feelings on my sleeve, I guess."

"I'll worry about my kids. You have enough to worry about. Oh, and I'm sorry but yet not sorry about kissing you. Just thought you should know."

I went upstairs where the boys were sleeping and made sure the dresser drawers were empty and Carmen helped the boys put their clothes away. While they did that, little Molly and I went downstairs and emptied the dressers in their room. I was glad that I had my wife's stuff removed after her death. It sure made this much easier.

Everyone came into the room with Molly and me. Molly asked her mom if she could put her stuff in the drawers. I took the boys and we went to find something for dinner while Carmen put her personal stuff away.

The boys and I put on some hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. After it was done, we all sat around and talked while we ate. Carmen asked me about house rules. I told her that we would make them as we went along. We told the kids that they needed permission for whatever they wanted to do until we were sure about our rules.

They were told they couldn't go in my room or my office unless invited. They weren't allowed near the pool at all. It was enclosed but they were also kids. We made sure they understood that they could drown. They could only go in the hot tub with their mom or my permission. It wasn't going to be an everyday occurrence. They could watch TV only if their mom or me said so.

It was their job to keep their room clean. Carmen laughed knowing that the boys weren't the neatest. At least the rules were made.

I looked at the boys and Molly who always smiled at me. "Kids, this is your house right now. You can be kids and have fun. Just remember to always get your mom's permission if you're not sure of what to do."

"Uncle Dan, what if we get hungry?" asked Mike.

"Eat! That's what I do when I get hungry. Tomorrow your mom and I will pick you guys up some snacks. There will always be food for you. Just remember when it comes to food, your mom's the boss. One more thing and I mean this. If your mom says 'No, ' then don't come and ask me. If I say 'No, ' don't put your mother on the spot. 'No means no'. Any other questions?"

Molly raised her hand. I had to laugh. I guessed she learned it in preschool.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.