More Than A Stretch! - Cover

More Than A Stretch!

Copyright© 2006 by bytemangler

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - The "Bits and Bytes" universe was introduced by Asa Strong with his "Bits, Bytes and Life" (BB&L) story, and much of this story takes place at the same government agency in the same time frame. There is more emphasis on computer hardware design. It is also the story of two young engineers. Steve works for the agency, and Sandy works for IBM. Most of the story takes place in Washington (at the agency) or Poughkeepsie N. Y. (at IBM).

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First   Slow   School  

SANDY - September 1960

Shortly after Labor Day, Paul called a meeting of our group. He announced that in October, IBM would be hosting several prospective Stretch customers for an extensive four week introduction to the machine and its programming. He mentioned that several of the customers were still undecided about whether to purchase or not, and that it was important to give them a good impression.

He then closed the door to the conference room and said in a quiet voice "The marketeers would shoot me for saying this, but we really need to be honest with these guys. The customers are sending their best technical people to this school, and I don't want us to be giving them a lot of bullshit." He paused, looked at me, and then said "Sorry, Sandy - I guess..." I quickly interrupted him and said, "Look, guys, I grew up on a farm. I know and use that word myself along with several other equally choice ones. What's more, I've shoveled the real thing! Don't mince words on my account."

Paul went on, "Well, OK - as I was saying, most of these these guys are like you - smart engineers and programmers, and we need to be straight with them. I want all of you to be present for as many of the sessions as possible, particularly those that involve our VFL unit, and I'll call on several of you to be presenting some of the lectures. We're not going to be giving away any really sensitive information, but our management told us that the attendees will be signing non-disclosure agreements. We should be prepared to tell them everything that will eventually be in the manuals for the machine and then some. For now, I want all of you to become familiar with those parts of the VFL unit that you haven't been working with, along with how it interfaces to the rest of the machine, so that everyone will have a good feel for the whole picture."

He then proceeded to give us a brief rundown on the various customers that would be represented, including the Los Alamos National Laboratory, Lawrence Livermore Lab, both the British and French atomic agencies, the US Navy, and at least one unnamed government agency somewhere in the Washington area. He advised us not to ask specific questions about the intended uses of the machine, since almost all of them would be highly classified.

As the meeting broke up, he asked me to stay behind. He said "Sandy, I'd like you to put together the overview of the VFL unit for these guys. When you were in college, did you do any presentations to a group?"

I told him "Well, a few in my classes, but in my seminars and particularly my independent study project, I had to make regular presentations to my professors as well as the others in my group. I'm shy at first, but I'll give it my best."

He replied "Well, on the basis of that, and what you've done here, I know you'll do a good job."

I told him "OK, but I'd like to run what I'll be putting together past you for review and to find out what you think I'm missing or where I've gone off track."

"Of course, but I have a lot of confidence in you. Feel free to ask the others for any help you might need."

Two days later Paul called a special department meeting to discuss a corporate reorganization that had just taken place. When he got done with that, he said "As you know, I've asked Sandy to to the entire VFL presentation to the customers next month. Does anyone have a problem with that - I know she will be coming around to several of you for help with your parts of the design?"

Several of the group members started grumbling; Dave Souders asking, "Nothing against Sandy, but she's the new kid here. Don't you think that some of us who've been around for a few years should have a chance?"

Paul replied, "I asked her to do it because, when she was at Syracuse, she had to present her independent study project to a smart, tough audience - her peers and the professors. Many of her peers were as smart as Sandy, and some of the profs are smarter than anyone in this room or many of the customers that will be in the meetings. With that kind of experience, she's the best person for the job."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.