Remote Viewing - Cover

Remote Viewing

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Chapter 20

"I will cover the basics only of what my program does. First and foremost, you need a computer. Then you need a phone line, cable or satellite connection, and the appropriate modem.

"Depending on the size of your computer hard drive, you can sample and store as much or as little material as you desire. If you type in a specific address, it will connect you. No exterior server or service is needed.

"As a few of you or the person, companies, or countries you represent already found out, I also put security algorithms in place, in my sample product. It's amazing how many of my search engines have been launched already, and it is not even released for use, yet. I hope those persons have enjoyed the free use of my engine; because as of ten minutes ago, I sent out the kill code for any of my engines on the net, to cease functioning. One thing my sample is programmed to do, is to check a specific website frequently. At the start of the meeting, I activated the code which will cause all my programs now operating, to stop," I paused and looked around.

Actually, it also copied a 'worm' or 'Trojan' from that site. It downloaded virus into the operating computer. Most firewalls or anti-virus programs were not up to handling this little baby. The engine shut down when the worm was copied to files. No need to get into the science or details of it, not with this lot.

I went on with the group. I asked them to turn to page one, and everyone did so. This page listed a group of web addresses that had been operating my engine and had launched it. I am sure a lot of these people recognized some of these site addresses.

The other pages had to do with other things, but I wanted them to specifically take note of this page. A few pages were business projections, and the final pages dealt with probable loss of business to ISPs already in business. These same types of projections were used by companies the world over to project their own profits and the increase or decrease of their business competitors' profits.

I entertained questions at that time, and they came fast and furious.

"No," I answered to a question, and then continued my answer. "I do not hate the ISPs now in business. What I object to, is the collection of specific information about me if I use their service. I am building 'the better mouse trap', so to speak.

"This whole thing started, because of what I felt was the intrusive actions on the part of the ISP I was using at the time. Ever read a EULA agreement from one of the 'normal' ISPs?" (Note: End User License Agreement)

"It is all loaded for the benefit of the company supplying the service. The customer is given only the barest minimum of consideration. They are all like that. It's not like I can change my ISP, and find one with a better EULA agreement, now can I?" I responded reasonably.

Well... I thought I was being reasonable. Apparently, this group did not agree. Of course, it might be because they represented specific companies, or organizations and their interests, and not mine or the end users.

"All I am going to do, is to provide an alternate way of getting online. It will be easy for the average 'man or woman on the street' to set up and use. There will be no need for anyone to be 'walked thru', or trained to a certain level. This is the standard way that is offered by ISPs, at this time. All my system is doing, is offering a choice. It is one that's free of the 'side benefits' that companies presently reap, at their customer's expense, that's all," I paused.

"As it stands right now, an ISP company offers me service. One of the things I have to do, is sign the previously referenced agreement. Said agreement absolves the company from liability when it collects my personal information, and web use information, and then sells it. The company is collecting twice off of each customer. One, I pay for the service. Two, they then turn around and collect all sorts of information about me. They then sell that information to other people and companies, who want to sell me something. In this way, they are reaping even more money. Money that obviously is not disclosed to the average customer," I finished a bit sourly.

"Now for a demonstration of my system, in action."

I stopped speaking, and fetched a rolling table, upon which a computer had been set up.

I plugged the 50" monitor behind me into the auxiliary feed. I took a seat in front of the computer and my personal monitor. I made my connection to the internet, as the 50" screen showed exactly what my monitor was showing.

"Depending on the size of your computer's storage capability, the engine is set to find the first ten sites asked to be searched for. It then lists them for you, creating a small library. Nowhere near as big as... say Google, or AOL, or the government's data base. If I wanted to invest in their storage capacity; I, or anyone for that matter, could give those companies a run for their money with my little program,"

"Anyone have a specific site they want me to look up?" I asked.

Someone shouted out a name, and I typed it into my search bar, and we were off. As I said, if there were ten or more listings, only the first ten were listed. That site then went into the 'library' of known sites. You could then go to a site a couple ways, click on the address from your library, or if the search bar was active, what was in the address bar.

The best part was that I was not online with any of the main ISPs, such as AOL, Earthlink, or any local ISP. I was there without there 'help'. I could see they were all realizing what this meant to their companies, or themselves. It could eat into company profits deeply and make other companies obsolete.

"It is not my intent to ruin people or careers, or companies. It is my intent to surf without giving away the keys to my identity and without getting onto endless Spam lists. If I happen to make some money along the way, so much the better. After all, business is business as they all say," I said to them with a slight smirk.

The meeting erupted into shouts, accusations, threats of lawsuits and other actions. Since most of the people there were shouting all this (with the exception of one or two quiet persons, who seemed lost in thought), I terminated the meeting.

I asked security to invite the two men and one woman who had not violated my request of 'no threats' to my hotel room for further conversation. A short time later there were four of us seated on chairs in my room. I had rented a nice room for the occasion.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.