Remote Viewing - Cover

Remote Viewing

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Chapter 10

As the old saying goes: 'time marches on.' For three months, after the return of everyone from training Brenda, things went pretty well. I did my work for HS, and things were going smoothly. Ben said he had hacked into my organization, and had found references to 'Lampshade', but nothing specific. It seemed that HS was so security conscious that they had no operational plans for it in the computer, at all.

Ben said he could 'back time' and find out, but he would do it a bit later. If only he had not put it off. I mean, it didn't really take any time for him. It was just he was tired, due to a heavy workload regarding reconditioning a car.

When Brenda completed her internship at Shaw's Garden, she would have to finish her schooling at her university, which was out of state. However, with his abilities, Ben was happy to send and retrieve me to her place. Vice versa when Brenda visited here, was also not a problem.

I asked Ben about why he was so careful with doing things, since he could travel in time.

"It has happened twice to me. A future me has come back to visit. In the first case, someone had broken into my home and stolen my computer and all my work. That future me 'back timed' and took care of the problem, phoned me, and told me what he did. I think that made a fracture in reality. The Ben that did that, went back to his own future, which he had made when intervening in the robbery that had already taken place.

"The other was the Ben that brought the car and the computer from the future. Already changes in history had been made. I was trying not to impact the reality and history that was recorded in the computer's memories, but unfortunately that didn't always happen. Still, most of the changes had been for the best. At least, those that I knew of. Still, there are splinters off of reality, our reality at certain points. I know those represent a change," Ben said somberly.

His time travel and concerns always left me feeling a bit unsure and small. This guy had to have a huge talent to do all the things he could. All I could do was see people and a bit of TK. Ah well, I was improving though. With the regimen of practicing as they had me doing, I was getting stronger. The 'they', are my trainers in that alternate reality, of course.

It was a nice day and everyone was gathered at my place, for a change. Ben had already checked the area and told me it was clean. The couple of bugs that had been there, were now disabled.

The leaves were turning and the colors were magnificent, when disaster struck. It struck in the form of my partner, Eric, knocking at my door. When I opened it, he barged in with four other HS goons. I had totally been blind-sided, and it was unexpected.

They pulled weapons, and yelled 'clear', and then Mr. Smith came in. He paused, and stared at Ben a moment.

"Hello, Tom. I had always wondered..." Smith said, his voice trailing off.

"Well, well. Theodore Whisper, as I live and breath. Thought I had seen the last of you," Ben said to Mr. Smith.

"Fancy meeting you here. Last I heard, you were dead. Yet here you are, hearty and hale. One begins to think you're much more talented than you let on," Smith, or Whisper as Ben identified him said.

"Scott? This was my old controller with the CIA. Guess he is going by the name Smith now," Ben said grinning.

"Ah yes, that brings us to why we are here. Curious coincidences have been happening around you, Scott. That, and your DNA came back as a match to a high degree with Tom here," Whisper said, pointing at Ben.

"Yes, I am Tom. No one say anything without an attorney being present," Tom said.

"Oh, no. I'm afraid you all are being charged with terrorist activity. It will be a long time before we are required to let you have attorneys. No, I am sure we will get all the information we require from you way before that portion of your rights finally kick in," Whisper said smugly.

"Ohh... You shouldn't be too sure of yourself. For example; now you see these men with you," Tom said and gestured at the men, "now you don't."

One second they were there, the next they were gone! Whisper paled, and his hand dove into his jacket. I was preparing to force the gun from his hand when Tom settled it by causing the gun to disappear and reappear in his own hand.

"Yes, I have other abilities than what the government is aware of. I still am amazed we didn't hear anything about this little raid, though. Care to enlighten us?" Tom asked gently.

"May I sit? This is all a bit sudden. What happened to the men by the way? Are they dead?" Whisper asked.

"Please... sit? Coffee? A drink? No, they aren't dead. I have them in a place of storage. They will never even realize they are gone, or went anywhere, until I bring them back... if I bring them back. Question is, why should I?" Tom asked.

"Let me be frank with you. When we came, it was with the idea of arresting and intimidating Scott, if possible. We were sure he was up to something, just because our bugs kept dying in his apartment. You other three were a surprise bonus, though," Whisper stated.

"Why are you being so forthright with your answers, Mr. Whisper?" I asked curiously.

"It is obvious to me that you are all more than you seem. I know Mr. Garner and you're talent Tom. May I inquire of the ladies' talents?" Whisper asked as he seated himself.

It was Courtney of all people who spoke up.

"Well, since we are all being civilized, why not? I am Courtney, and my talent is telekinesis. That's our Weather controller, Pamela," Courtney said.

I was surprised she was claiming a talent? Huh? What was she trying to do?

"Courtney," Tom said in a warning voice.

"No, it's quite all right. I understand Mr. Whisper's position. So does he. I recruited Tom some time ago for our group. While small, we comprise an assortment of talents; and we are getting tired of government excesses, the world over. Coffee?" she asked and screwed up her face.

She caught me flat footed, but I caught on almost at once, and moved a coffee cup and saucer from the table to Mr. Whisper, who took it somewhat shakily with TK. Tom had a half smile on his face, and Brenda was still trying to digest her new name, I guess.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.