The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - Cover

The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Copyright© 2006 by Wine Maker

Chapter 13: Clarity

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 13: Clarity - A romantic thriller that starts slowly, but the passion builds as the plot unfolds. A sexy lesbian ex-cop and her wife finally have the cruise they've been dreaming of. Join them as they greet old friends and meet new ones. The passion flows as old relationships are renewed and new ones blossom. Even men might be on the menu. And, of course, death wants to join the party.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Group Sex   Orgy   First   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Lactation   Pregnancy   Cream Pie   Exhibitionism  

Gretchen

I racked my brain for options. There had to be some way off this balcony without confronting Price. We didn't need to be caught breaking and entering. De Luca would completely flip out.

A glance at Hawk told me she was considering all our options, including the really stupid ones. She was seriously looking over the metal partitions that separated Price's section of balcony with his neighbors'. More worrisome was when she started pushing her foot against the railing to see how stable it was.

"You are not going to climb over the side of this ship," I hissed. "That's too dangerous."

She raised an eyebrow at me. "You have something in mind? I'm open to other suggestions."

"We only have one realistic way off this balcony and that's through Price's room. We need some sort of distraction to get him out of our way while we make our escape."

"Good plan," she said with a nod. "I can't wait to see how you get around the obvious obstacles, though. So, while you figure that out, I'm dumping the rest of the evidence."

She pulled the DVDs out of her jacket and flung them as far over the side as she could.

"Why didn't you do that when we tossed the other gear?"

Hawk shrugged. "I was going to give them to Lisa to destroy. You know, for her own satisfaction. Now she'll just have to settle with us telling her they're gone."

I snapped my fingers. "That's it! Lisa can help us." I dug into my purse, pulled out my cell phone and dialed.

"Hello?" Lisa answered.

"Hey, I need a favor and I need it right now."

"Sure."

"Call Price's room phone and tell him you'll meet him at the diner. Quick."

I could almost see her frowning. "Why would I want to meet that slime?"

"You don't need to meet him. I don't have time to go into the details right now. I just need you to call him and sound pissed. Refuse to talk about anything and tell him to meet you in the diner in fifteen minutes. Hurry."

I hung up before she had a chance to protest and grinned at Hawk.

"Slick," she admitted. "There's not much chance he'll pass up on that."

I held my fingers to my lips and slid the balcony door open a crack. I was sure he would hear the pounding of my heart, but we had to know when he was gone. Hopefully he wouldn't feel the need to look at his spy equipment or other DVD copies.

The phone ringing almost startled a squeak out of me. I clapped a hand over my mouth and listened. The conversation was brief and one-sided.

"Yeah?" Price answered.

"So, you found my little present. You know what I..."

"The diner. Sure. You know I have you by the... Hello? Hello? Bitch."

I heard him slam the phone down and laugh. It was probably meant to sound sinister but it only sounded lame. What didn't sound lame was the sound of the front door closing.

Hawk stopped me from opening the balcony door. "Wait," she whispered. "Give him a minute to be sure he's gone."

I controlled my desire to run like hell and stood still until Hawk said we could go. After what seemed like an eternity, Hawk slid the balcony door open and peeked past the curtain.

"Looks like the coast is clear."

I followed her into the room and straight out the front door. The hall had a few passengers in it, but they didn't pay us any mind; and, most importantly, there was no sign of Price. I closed his door with a sigh of relief.

"What now?" I asked.

"We go fill everyone else in on what we found. We need to remember jackoff has other cameras in our suite, too. Even with the equipment gone, I want them found and tossed overboard; so, we have some more searching to do."

I couldn't agree more.


It took half an hour to calm everybody down when we told them the bad news. If we'd taken a vote, they would've scrounged up some torches and pitchforks to use when they hunted down Price.

Hawk talked them back from the edge of violence with a more resolve than I'd have imagined or would've been able to personally muster. She redirected them to the real problem - Skip's murderer.

"Price has spit. Forget him," Hawk said. "We need to get a handle on the case and nab the killer before we hit landfall tomorrow or he'll be in the wind. I'm going to call Hans and see if his people have anything on the disk I sent. He assured me he'd have it in hand this morning."

I looked around the main lounge while she called Daddy. Frankly, I didn't see how we were going to find anything without some kind of break. Right now we had nothing.

Trish tapped me on the arm and pointed at the crowd. I focused on the people, unsure of what she wanted me to see.

My heart stopped beating for a second. Just coming into the room was the man that had saved my life. He was walking with a short woman in a tan pantsuit. They were deeply involved in conversation and weren't paying the slightest attention to us. A break! Thank you, God!

I stood up and started after them. There wasn't time to explain what I was doing. I had this one chance to find out who he was and why he was spying on me. Perhaps it might even lead to the killer.

I risked one glance back and saw all the girls, except Hawk, were up and following me with confused looks scrawled across their faces. Trish must've signaled them. Good. Hawk was focused on the call and the guys would keep her safe.

The pair went through the lounge and stopped at the elevators. It was obvious now that they were arguing. He was scowling while saying something and waving his arms expressively in small circles. She stood there passively. Her replies to him were short and soft-voiced.

If they got into the elevator, I'd probably lose them. I made a quick decision and approached them from behind as the doors to the elevator slid open. With the girls at my back, we followed them in.

The man noticed me first. His eyes widened and his mouth snapped shut. The woman turned at his expression and gasped at me.

I smiled. "I see you have me at a disadvantage. You know who I am, but I'm still at a loss as to who you are. And why you're spying on me. Not that I'm not grateful for you saving my life. Thank you for that."

The man smirked at the woman. "So much for non-disclosure, eh Susan? Are you going to tell her or am I?"

The woman had a brief internal struggle and then shrugged. "I don't have much choice, do I?" She pushed the button for deck seven. "I'm Susan Richter and this is Andy Sizemore. I'm very sorry you were attacked and I assure you that we didn't have anything to do with it."

"I don't think I believe you," Lisa said. "What kind of game are you playing?"

Before they could answer, Lisa's cell phone rang and she stepped back as much as she could in the elevator to field the call. She mouthed Hawk's name at me before I gave the pair in the elevator my full attention.

"That sounds like a great question," I agreed. "What's going on?"

"I'm the director for a reality TV show," Susan said. "I Spy. We have teams of contestants on the ship competing against one another. The teams shadow select people and break into rooms we set up for them so we can critique how well they can gather information."

"Spying on people?" Trish asked incredulously. "That has to be breaking the law!"

Susan shook her head and pushed through the group as the elevator doors opened. "It's not. Not when it's in a public area. When we're done we'd either have to get your consent to air any footage with you in it or not use it."

"And when someone tried to kill me?" I asked angrily. "What about that?"

Susan stopped at a cabin door and fished a passkey from her purse. "I said I'm sorry, but there wasn't anything we could do. Mister Sizemore broke his cover that night and I got into a lot of trouble with the producers. They prohibited me from contacting you about that night or anything that happened."

I felt my eyes narrow. What a cold bitch. "And what about morality? Doing what's right?"

Susan shrugged and opened the door. "Andy did what he thought he had to, stealing the master disk of footage from his spy glasses and giving it to you. That just got him tossed off the show. I wouldn't have done it myself."

She stepped into the room and tried to close the door behind her, but we pushed in behind her like the tide. "I can tell. You're the milk of human kindness."

I wrapped my arms around Andy and hugged him. "Thank you for doing what's right. You won't suffer for it, I promise."

"Money isn't everything," he said philosophically. "I'd rather be able to sleep at night than have a stinking half-million dollars."

I nodded and let him go. "I couldn't agree more."

Lisa whispered in my ear. "I filled Hawk in. The video was a bust. It was too dark to tell it was anything but a man."

The sounds of outrage from Susan and the other two people in the room drew my attention away from Andy. Two men were seated at a bank of monitors on the dresser. They were dressed casually, but had headsets and microphones on. The monitors showed several scenes of people in public areas of the ships.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.