How High A Price - Another View Conclusion - Cover

How High A Price - Another View Conclusion

Copyright© 2006 by Joesephus

Chapter 3: Early's Response written by E. Z Riter:

Early Conroy had aged ten years in the past three months. Finding the love of his life fucking another man had done that to him. But Early was tough. He had survived and things were getting better.

He had, on advice of his attorney, taken the time requested by Susan—who was still his wife legally but not emotionally and certainly not morally—to consider the letter she had written him. That letter was laden with apparent remorse and pleaded with him to give her another chance. Unbeknownst to anyone, even his attorney, he had spent over twenty hours with a psychologist who specialized in marital relations to assist him in understanding his situation and his response to it.

Susan had been right about one thing. The passage of time had cooled the anger of the moment. Now, the fire of pain and resentment inside him was a cold and lifeless pile of ashes hidden under the calm and positive demeanor his friends recognized as the Early of old.

He carefully composed a letter to Susan in response to her letter:

Susan:

I read your letter, and I will read it again on the anniversary of our divorce for the next six years. I didn't just spend an hour but full day thinking about the issues between us. I have given it time as you also requested. I have considered at length what you set forth in your letter.

This is to inform you that I will not tolerate you in my life in any continuing manner, which includes both your proposed financial arrangements and also producing children from my sperm.

What was between us is dead. It cannot be resurrected.

As for the impact of my decision on you and your potential offspring, I quote another man's comments to his cheating wife: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

I am anticipating your fulfillment of your commitment to leave me alone from this point forth.

Early A. Conroy

Cynthia Rodgers read the letter as Early sat opposite her across her desk.

"Are you sure?" Cynthia asked.

"Completely. Positively. Unequivocally," Early replied.

Cynthia nodded. "The paper work is completed. You'll be divorced by Monday," she said.

Early thanked Cynthia and shook her hand.

When he left her office and exited the building onto the street, he realized, for the first time in months, there was a song in his heart and a bounce in his step.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.