Love And Hate - Cover

Love And Hate

Copyright© 2006 by Lazlong

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Ed Delany had no idea how interesting things were going to become when he took over as VP of Engineering. He was challenged professionally and personally as he made a place for himself. This is the story of how he responded to those challenges.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Slow  

Week 4 - Wednesday

Missy joined me for breakfast in the cafeteria again. "You know, this could get to be a habit," I said. "A habit I like."

Missy smiled and asked, "So how are things going in management?"

"Pretty good, actually. I'm just about finished with the budget. Mel is interviewing engineers to bring his department up to the right staffing level. And, Gene has gone to Atlanta to check on your old boyfriend."

"Huh, my old boyfriend is sitting across the table from me. Do you realize you are five years older than me, old man?"

"Yeah, I realize it. Thanks for bringing it up."

"I'm just teasing, Ed. My father was five years older than my mother when they got married."

"Are you saying we're going to get married?" I teased.

Missy giggled then said, "I suppose it did sound that way. Who knows?"

'Who, indeed?' I thought.


Mel stuck his head in my office a little later, and told me he had another interview set up for that afternoon.

"How did the interview yesterday go?" I asked.

"I think the guy will work out for us," he said. "I want to finish all of the interviews before I make any decisions, though."

"Remember, you have people you want to replace, too," I said.

"Yeah, I'm thinking of that. Jarchoff will be the first to go. Martin Babcock says he has several more we can interview if the present crop doesn't pan out."

I told him that was great. I decided to call Dale and Marty, to see if they were interviewing as well.

It was around three in the afternoon when Brenda rang me and said she had a call from one of the installers that I should take.

I picked up the phone and said, "This is Ed Delany."

"Mr. Delany, this is Wally Babcock. I'm the electrical installer at Gorgon Products, in Denver."

"Hi, Wally. It's nice to get to talk with you. How are things going out there?"

"Well, that's why I called. Patrick Miller left the job site yesterday morning, and we haven't seen him since. He usually at least makes an appearance, but he wasn't here today at all. I called his hotel and they say he checked out, this morning. I was just wondering if he'd been called back to the home office, or something."

"Not that I know of, Wally. Gene told me yesterday he'd gotten onto Miller about not being at the job site when he should be. I'll check into it, and get back with you."

"Thank you, Mr. Delany. There are some things we have questions on, and we really need him here."

"I'll tell you what. Gene is down in Atlanta. I'll give him a call, and see if he can swing by your site before he comes home. I'll have someone let you know."

"Thanks again. Miller ain't much good, but he's all we've got."


I had Brenda call the Atlanta site. Within a few minutes she had Gene on the phone for me.

"Hey, Gene, how's it going down there?" I asked.

"It's going damned good," Gene said. "They're almost completely caught up. I'm going to let them drop back to six twelve-hour days. At the end of next week, we may drop back to five."

"Very good. It seems like they just needed the right incentive," I said. "I'm afraid we have another problem, though. Wally Babcock called and said that Patrick Miller left the job site right after you talked phoned, and that he hasn't been back since. Wally had some questions so he called Miller's hotel today, and they said he checked out yesterday."

"Oh, shit. Has he come back to the office?"

"Not to my knowledge. Don't blame yourself for this, Gene. He had to be talked to. What I need for you to do, is see if you can change your flight, so you can go to Denver. Babcock has questions that you can answer. Then, I'd like for you to see if Miller used his ticket home."

"Can do, Ed. I'll get on the phone about a flight right now."

We hung up and I sat there, perplexed. Brenda came in so I told her what I knew.

"I'm going to call our travel agent and see if they can find out about the flight, and about the rental car," Brenda said.

"Great idea," I said. "Ask them to get back with us as soon as they can."

They didn't get back with us before quitting time, but I really hadn't expected them to.


I was just thinking about fixing myself some dinner when there was a knock on the door. The only one I could think of who might be knocking on my door was Jillian, but I certainly wasn't expecting her.

I wasn't expecting the person who was standing there either.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Missy said with a shy little smile.

"Not at all," I said. I know I had to be smiling as widely as I ever had. "Come on in," I added, as I stepped back from the door.

Missy smiled and stepped inside.

"I've never done anything like this before, but I just really wanted to see you."

"Well, the feeling is mutual. I was just thinking about fixing myself something to eat. Have you eaten yet?"

"No, I was going to ask if I could take you out to dinner. Do you like Chinese food?"

"I love it," I said. "I especially like the hot and spicy dishes."

"Me too. What do you say we go to the China Garden?"

"Sounds good."


We had fun at dinner. We got two separate dishes and shared them. At one point, we were even feeding each other with chopsticks. We talked about a little bit of everything. Then, after we figured we couldn't delay our leaving the restaurant any longer, we took a walk along the river.

We held hands as we walked, and I think both of us could feel a growing intimacy between us. We stopped under the shelter of a gigantic oak tree and shared a gentle, loving kiss.

As we were driving back toward my apartment I asked, "So, how's the proposal coming along?"

Missy laughed and said, "Changing the subject, I see. The proposal is coming along just fine. There's a little more work than I had originally thought there would be in changing from your previous company's numbers to ours, but I think I'll have it ready for Marty by Friday."

"Yes, I guess I was changing the subject. I told you I was let down very badly by my last girlfriend. Someday, I'll give you all the sordid details, but it has left me a little shy about starting another relationship."

"Oh?"

"When I first met you, I took an immediate dislike to you. I thought you were pretty and sexy, but I thought your personality was that of a junkyard dog."

"A bitch, in other words," Missy grinned.

"Exactly. Now, I look at you and it scares me to death. It scares me, because I see a beautiful young woman with the personality of an angel. My dislike for you has changed to a very strong 'like', and maybe even love. I'm just afraid I'll wake up, and find you're just like my ex."

"Okay, can I say something now?" She didn't wait for an answer, but went on. "When I first met you, I thought you were just another pompous asshole. Then, when I found out I was going to be working for you, my experiences with Pete came flooding back. I later learned that you are not a pompous ass. You care about people, and try to help them."

I started to say something, but she held up her hand.

"When I look at you, I see a very handsome man. Underneath, I see a loving, caring man. I see a man I could learn to love; if I don't love you, already. My only fears are that you will start thinking of me as a kid. I'm not your ex. From what you said, I know she cheated on you. I don't cheat. If I ever think our relationship isn't going anywhere, I'll tell you up front. All I ask is that you do the same for me."

I pulled into my parking space and stuck out my hand.

"Deal," I said.

Missy took my hand and squeezed it.

"Deal," she said.

Week 4 - Thursday

I must say I hated to see Missy go home last night. We talked for hours after we had gotten to my apartment. I told her about my ex. She told me about her previous boyfriend. We each commiserated with the other.

This morning I came in late. I only had time to grab a 'coffee to go', before it was time for me to be in my office.

Brenda came in soon after I was seated and said, "Well, I got a call from the travel agent. Miller did in fact check out of his hotel. He did not use his return ticket, and he has not turned in his rental car. That's all they've been able to find out so far."

I thought for a minute then said, "I assume he has a company credit card. I wonder if he's using it?"

"Yeah, all engineers have an American Express card with both the company name and their name on it. I'd say Phil James would be able to find out if he's using it."

As soon as Brenda left my office, I called Phil.

"Phil, we have a strange situation going that I need your help on. We have an engineer by the name of Patrick Miller who was on a job site in Denver. He was supposed to be there a couple of more weeks."

"By saying he was supposed to be, can I assume he no longer is?" Phil asked.

"That's right. A couple of days ago, he left the job site. He checked out of his hotel, and he hasn't been back to the site since. He didn't use his return ticket, and he still has his rental car. We were wondering if you could find out if he is using his company credit card."

"Yeah, we can find that out. We do so much business with American Express that they are very cooperative. Give me half an hour. I'll call you back."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.