Opus One
Chapter 12: Sarabande

Copyright© 2006 by Ryan Sylander

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 12: Sarabande - Richard, a talented young pianist, sets off for the Wexford Conservatory of Music. Between lessons with his exacting teacher and fun times with two fellow musicians named Emily and Sandra, he discovers that music, friendship and love can lead to passions never imagined. Supported by a cast of characters pulled straight out of the music world, these three aspiring performers find that the life of a musician is that of extremes: formidably challenging, and exceptionally rewarding. Edited by pcb

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   School   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   Exhibitionism   Oral Sex   Petting   Voyeurism   Public Sex   Caution   Slow  

(A few days later... )

Fuck! Not only had Jer been obliviously loud when he woke up to go wherever the hell he went, but now Jer's alarm was going off. And he was long gone. Rock music was trying to squeeze out through the small speakers of his clock-radio. Did he not see me sleeping in my bed? Fucking idiot.

Richard felt around on his desk, found a hefty book, and lofted it across the room. It hit the radio with a clunk, and for a moment the thing spat a curse of static at him. Unfortunately, it continued its song.

Richard lay in his bed, hoping power would fail in the building.

It didn't. He finally jumped up and marched over to the offending appliance.

"Good morning, Rock 107!" the much-too-hyper announcer came on. "This is the Saturday morning all request line. This next one goes out to Ian in Au — THWIP!..."

Richard held the dangling plug in his hand, and watched in satisfaction as the red '6:38' on the clock faded away. He hadn't felt like trying to find the off button. With his luck he'd have hit the sleep button instead, and had the thing go off again nine minutes later.

He took a deep breath and climbed back into bed, hoping he could regain the deep sleep he was in.


Richard woke up to drumming. Fucking percussionists ... Can't they go to the building to practice? His head was pounding too. He opened his eyes, and the world faded into view. His clock said eight-something.

Richard suddenly realized the drumming was on his door.

"Who is it?" he yelled out gruffly. He hoped it wasn't someone he liked very much, because this new interruption was not welcome.

"It's us," came Emily's voice.

Richard cleared his eyes, and sat up. What could they possibly want? They were up as late as I was last night. They drank the same amount of wine as I did. So why are they up so freaking early? It's Saturday!

Richard stood and stumbled to the door. As he pulled it open, Emily and Sandra peeked in.

"Hey. What's wrong?" he asked.

The girls were smiling. "Nothing," Sandra shrugged.

"You weren't still sleeping, were you?" Emily asked.

"No, I've been up for hours," Richard drawled.

"Good. Get dressed."

"Why?"

"We're going out."

"Out? Where?"

"Music festival," Emily said simply.

"Music festival? What are you talking about?"

"There was a poster at Buck's yesterday when I went to get a coffee. I forgot to tell you last night that we were going."

"And it starts at eight in the morning?"

"No, we have to get there. It's not next door, you know."

Richard rubbed his forehead. "I don't have any cash."

"I'm buying. No, no protests allowed," Emily said, forestalling Richard with a raised hand.

Richard took a deep breath and tried again to clear his head. "All right, let me shower at least."

"We'll be at Buck's getting some food. You want a croissant and an iced mocha?" Sandra asked.

Richard shrugged. The day was already beyond his control, it seemed. "Sure, whatever."

"Hurry, we'll meet you there!"

The girls bounced off down the hallway.

Despite being tempted to lie down in bed again and write the whole episode off as a strange dream, Richard went to shower instead.


When they set out from Buck's, Richard felt more alive. The coffee and croissant had helped even more than the shower.

"All right, so what the hell is this festival?" he asked.

Sandra handed Richard the red poster as they walked. Emily was wearing a backpack, Richard noted. He had a feeling he knew what was inside.

"14500 East Highland Road? The same Highland Road that Melinda's Café is on?"

"Belinda's," Emily corrected. "Yeah. It has to be."

"But 14500? We can't walk all day."

"There's a city bus on Highland, I checked the bus map this morning," Emily said.

"Where?"

"At the stop in front of the school there's a route map," she said.

She's nothing if not resourceful, Richard admitted to himself.

"So it's at a farm?"

"That's what it says."

"It has to be far out of town then," Richard said.

"We'll see."

Richard shrugged. They didn't seem concerned.

When they reached Highland Road, Emily pointed to a storefront. "2031 East," she said confidently. "Only twelve thousand to go!"

Rather quickly a bus came, and the trio ran to the stop to catch it. It was crowded with blue-collar workers on their way to their jobs.

The city went by as they ascended numbers along Highland Road. People climbed on, others exited. The trio went from standing to finally securing seats across from each other.

"How far does this go?" Richard yelled over to Emily.

"To the end, supposedly."

Richard laughed. "Thanks, that's helpful," he said.

The bus was loud, and talking was difficult. After a half-hour ride, the crowd had thinned out. Buildings got shorter and spread out, and the city transformed to more hilly terrain with bunches of trees. The numbers were up to 12400 by then.

"I think this is where we get off," Emily said.

The bus had pulled into a circular drive where another bus was just departing from, heading back west. As they stepped off the bus, Emily pointed down Highland Road.

"Should be a mile or two up the road now. This will be fun!"

The three of them set off down the sidewalk. Ahead was a long stretch of road, perhaps a mile long, that went down through a dale surrounded by trees. A sign indicated that they were leaving city limits.

"Well, we're in the wild now," Emily proclaimed.

"Yeah. That backpack isn't going to be so comfortable by the top of that hill up there," Richard said.

"Yeah, that's too bad, since you'll be carrying it by then," Emily retorted.

Sandra guffawed. "It would be lighter if we emptied some of the contents," she said.

"It's not even ten yet!" Richard exclaimed.

"Um, kidding?"

"Oh, right."

"Well, first week of school wasn't so bad," Emily said.

"Nah," Sandra agreed. "When are you starting your new job, Richard?"

"Monday I start getting trained. I get paid for training, which is pretty cool."

"So what's your work schedule going to be like? Can we come pester you in the recording room instead of the front desk?"

"I don't know about that," Richard said. "Dave said the schedule is flexible. Every few days he puts up a list of upcoming concerts that need to be recorded, and the dozen of us who work for him stop by and pick which ones we can do."

"That has to be more fun than working the front desk," Emily said.

"I hope so. I was already getting angry at that stupid video monitor by the end of my last shift."

"Even when we were in it?" Sandra said with a pout.

"No, that was definitely not boring," Richard agreed. "Although Jer did know you were in the coatroom. I forgot to tell you."

"How?"

"He guessed." Richard left out the part about the pencils, cringing at the memory. Luckily, Jer had not said anything about it since.

After some time, the three of them finally crested the top of the other side of the dale. The day was getting hot, and they were getting a bit tired from the climb. As promised, Richard had the pack now.

The trees thinned out some, giving way to more open space. A small group of businesses renting tractors and selling feed stood at the entrance to Highland Township.

They stopped to rest for a moment on a bench in front of the feed store.

"I'm thirsty. Can you turn wine into water?" Emily asked Richard.

"Oh, shit," Sandra said, looking at the rental store across the road.

"What?"

"Look," she said. She pointed at the building.

"Ooh, I see tractors," Emily said. "Feeling at home, Sandra?"

Richard noticed the problem. "Maybe one of the numbers fell off the store," he said quietly. He had a bad feeling it hadn't.

The number on the building was 1215. The three of them turned to the feed store. 1220 East Highland Road.

"But..." Emily said, at a loss for words.

"I guess the numbers started over when we left city limits," Richard said.

"No! Why? Who the hell would do that?" Emily exclaimed.

Richard and Sandra had no answer.

Emily stood up. "Come on," she said.

Richard and Sandra followed her into the feed store.

An older gentleman was working the counter. "Help you?"

"Yeah, do you know where Morton Lake Farm is?"

The man nodded. "Sure. It's down Highland a little ways."

"How far?"

"Oh, about fifteen, maybe twenty minutes."

"Um, is that fifteen minutes by car?"

"Well, sure. You're not walking there, are you?"

The trio stared at the floor. "No, no, we're not walking there," Richard said.

They went back outside. Highland Road stretched east through fields, a straight ribbon of asphalt rather devoid of buildings or shade.

"So fifteen minutes by car is like fifteen hours on foot," Sandra said.

"Now what?" Richard asked.

For a few moments, the three of them were silent and glum. Then the pay phone rang behind them.

Sandra spoke first. "Richard, answer it. It's probably your Dad."

Richard and Emily burst out laughing, and the dour mood was swept away.

"We're going to hitch a ride," Emily said, starting off towards Morton Lake Farm.

Richard frowned at Sandra. She just shrugged, and they set off after Emily.

The third car that passed, about ten minutes after they set off from the feed store, slowed up ahead in response to their thumbs. An old Honda hatchback came to a noisy halt in the dirt and gravel on the shoulder.

The three of them gave an excited whoop, and ran up to the idling car. A man peered out across the passenger seat.

"Where are you headed?" he yelled over the radio that was blasting classic rock.

"Morton Lake Farm?" Emily said.

"Where's that?"

"Down Highland about twenty minutes."

"I'll take you most of the way, if you can squeeze in," he said.

Emily looked at Richard and Sandra, and getting no protest, opened the door. The girls climbed into the back seat, such as it was, and then Richard got in shotgun, moving the seat up.

"Donny," the man said loudly, extending a hand.

The three of them introduced themselves. "Thanks for the ride," Richard yelled over the wind and the radio.

"No problem."

Richard grinned back at the girls. Sandra was behind Donny's seat, and unable to squeeze her long legs into the floor well, she instead had them stretched out over Emily's legs. She hadn't made much effort to adjust her high-riding skirt, and Richard couldn't help raise a brow at her. Sandra just mouthed a kiss at him.

Donny pulled a joint out from his shirt pocket and lit it up. "You ain't cops, right?" he said.

"Um, do we look like cops?" Richard asked.

"Just checking." With a knee on the wheel, Donny lit up the joint under the shelter of his curled hand. Good thing Highland road is arrow straight, Richard thought.

Donny took a long draw on the joint, and then held it out to Richard. Richard dismissed it with a wave of his hand. Donny held it behind him, but the girls also declined.

"What are you all doing at the farm, swimming?" Donny asked. "Long way to go for a swim."

"Music festival," Emily said.

"Oh, shit, that's this weekend! Right on," Donny said. "I know where you're going, now. I can take you all the way there. It's not too far from the school I work at."

Richard turned and saw Emily and Sandra give each other incredulous looks.

Donny stepped on the gas, and the wind drowned out any possibility of conversation.


The festival was just getting started when they spread their blanket on the grass. They spent the midday lying in the sun, relaxing, sipping wine, listening to the bands, and occasionally fooling around. They didn't see anyone they knew, so they weren't concerned about being open with their kissing. It was exciting to know people were probably watching and wondering what their relationship was all about.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.