Equal Shares - Cover

Equal Shares

Copyright© 2006 by steveh11

Chapter 18

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 18 - This is a love story, an erotic story, that doesn't feature kids of school or university age; it isn't a coming of age story. This story actually features people who are 'grown up'. It's a slow story, about a man who begins as emotionally dead, but who has the support of a few people who can help him, just enough support. It also tells the story of those around him. New chapters will be posted weekly.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   DomSub   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Slow  

Stan sat in the booth and Anne took a seat next to him, opposite Elaine. The cute receptionist looked up and Stan could see she was close to tears. Gently, he asked her, "Elaine, whatever's the matter? Is there anything I can do?"

Elaine barely managed "Su-Su-Sus-Susan!" and came to a halt, sobbing. Stan looked at Anne, for permission before he went around the table and sat next to Elaine with his arm around her.

"Ssshhh, it's okay, it's okay, I'm sure we can sort it out," he soothed. It didn't make much difference at first, but eventually Elaine controlled herself.

"Susan and I got into a big fight over another girl. Susan thought I was making eyes at her, but I wasn't!"

Stan looked at Anne, out of his depth. Anne didn't know what to do either, since she didn't know either woman well, but she did her best.

"Where's Susan now?" she asked Elaine, gently, "Do you know?"

"No. I-I came here after we were shouting at one another this morning. I thought she'd come with me. When she didn't, I-I didn't know what to do!"

"I'm here now, though, sweetie."

The voice came from behind Anne. She twisted around while Stan looked up and Elaine, after a glance, looked down at her hands again.

Susan had seen her eyes and her face light, then fade just as quickly. She moved around and gestured to Stan, who moved out of the way and sat with Anne as Susan pulled herself close to Elaine and took her head, lifted it and kissed her.

Stan watched at first, he couldn't help it, then he looked away, embarrassed at his rudeness. Anne tapped him on the shoulder and leaned in to kiss him when he turned back in her direction.

Elaine and Susan broke their kiss and moved apart, perhaps an inch. Both opened their mouths as if to say something, then stopped.

Anne interjected first "I think you two need some privacy to talk. We'll move over there," pointing to a table several feet and half a world away from the intimacy the other two were displaying, "and leave you to... talk." She nudged Stan, who shook his head and slid out of the booth, moving away, subtly guided by Anne to their own table.

They sat so neither had Elaine and Susan in view without turning their heads. They heard low conversation, audible but not understandable, from behind them. Anne leaned towards him and said, "Trouble in Sister-land?"

"Seems like. Elaine dotes on Susan, but Susan seems to be quite possessive. I hope they manage to make things work. I can see trouble in store otherwise.

"What about us? Are you possessive, Anne? If I looked at another woman — a straight version of Elaine, let's say, or Denise — would you yell at me, or would you wait to see if it was more than just a look, or not be bothered at all?"

Anne opened her mouth to reply but then shut it again. This was a serious question that deserved thought.

"It's still early days in our relationship, Stan. I trust you not to hurt me in the same way as Daniel did, but we need time to build the other kind of relationship trust that you're talking about. Does that make sense?"

Stan considered for a minute or two. He found it interesting, in a kind-of 'Chinese curse' way that his feelings weren't as clear-cut as he'd always thought...

"Yes, and I'm glad to see it. It's fine to talk about theory, but actual practice has a way of catching you unaware, like a science demonstration in school that goes wrong. In theory I'm not possessive, but I can see myself getting upset if you were to go and kiss someone else right now. But in the longer term, once we've built our relationship, then no I don't believe I'm a possessive person.

"Caron and I spoke about this often. We trusted each other absolutely, completely, totally. We both could, and did, go away for business trips without the other without suspicions of what the other was up to intruding.

"But I can now see that we developed that level of trust over time. A lot of it was there from the start, of course. A relationship needs a high level of trust in order to work, for me. But we added to it over time, by demonstration, by the way we behaved."

They sat for a moment, each thinking about what the other had said. Finally Anne said, "I can see that, I think. I'm not jealous of you going to give Elaine comfort the way you did, I don't think it's just because she's gay, either, it was simply helping someone who's hurt. But if you were to do that to someone under different circumstances, I might feel differently right now. But I can see that, over time, we can build up the trust between us. Trust enough so that you giving another woman a cuddle isn't a threat to me."

More time elapsed and the pair behind them had ceased talking. Stan risked a quick glance over his shoulder; he immediately saw that Elaine and Susan had made up, for certain. That liplock would need industrial tools to break!

He nudged Anne and asked, softly, "Have you finished your breakfast?"

"What about Elaine and Susan?" Anne asked.

"They're going to kiss and make out," he replied mildly. Anne looked puzzled for a brief moment but then glanced over her shoulder and grinned.

They left Elaine and Susan still embracing.


Stan and Anne spent the rest of Sunday simply getting to know one another better, spending time with each other.

They rode home, showered, changed and had coffee while listening to some music. But Anne wanted to be outdoors, it was a lovely day and good summer days weren't to be wasted hanging around indoors.

"Oh, come on Stan, you can't seriously be wanting to watch television on a beautiful day like today? Come out with me for a walk!" Stan didn't protest, he just wanted to please Anne.

They went for a walk in the park, holding hands like children. It was something that came naturally to Stan, but to Anne it felt odd at first. She hadn't held hands with a boyfriend like that since she was at primary school!

After a while she felt a natural acceptance that, when they walked together, Stan would take her hand. Not that Stan would be leading her, far from it — as the naturally fitter person, as well as the one who didn't avoid exercise when possible, Anne tended to be in the lead.

Stan, for his part, had decided that he didn't mind at all, he was happy and content to walk anywhere with Anne. At least his mind was, his body told him a different story after a couple of hours and he looked for somewhere to sit.

Luckily for him, there was a stall nearby selling drinks and ice creams, with some benches adjacent. Stan asked Anne if she'd like a drink or anything, Anne replied "Yes, certainly Stan, just a water for me please," and they walked over. Anne sat on a bench while Stan bought two bottles of water and an ice cream for him.

They sat together while Stan ate the ice cream, working quite hard to get it before it dripped down onto him. Anne was enjoying herself in the open air, Stan was enjoying the sensual pleasure of licking the cone and the needed chance to rest. Both were enjoying the physical and emotional contact with each other, wordlessly sharing their feelings.

Soon, Stan finished and Anne tugged him up saying, "Come along Stan, you've had your rest. I know you're tired, but we have to walk back — we can't stay here."

Stan hung his head for a moment then told her "I can see it's going to be a waste of time trying to hide anything from you! Actually, I am bushed, I just didn't want to admit it."

"We're going to have to get you a bit fitter, then Stan. We don't want you being too tired to look after me, do we?" Anne answered him with a mock pout as she finished. Then she opened into a sunburst smile. "No fear of that, however. I think I showed you earlier that you can satisfy me, regardless of mere biological hydraulics."

Stan told her, "Don't worry, you provide plenty of inspiration," with a wickedly exaggerated leer. "Let's see how I get on with riding that ruddy bike for a bit first, please? I think I'm going to have aching muscles where I didn't know aching muscles existed, and I don't care if that's a cliché 'cuz it's oh so very true!" he continued, with a more rueful expression. Just sitting for a few minutes had allowed muscles to stiffen. Suddenly he grinned.

Anne caught it. "Why the smile, Stan?" she asked him.

"I was thinking back to after a dance class, just before you started. Belinda told me I'd been too stiff. Goodness knows what she'd think now." His grin faded. "Oh, God, I just remembered - we've got dance again tomorrow night. I won't be able to move!"

Anne came close to him, rubbing one hand over his buttocks. "Don't worry, baby, I'll massage all those aches and pains away." Suddenly Stan felt more energy and couldn't wait to get home!


Monday, the 21st of August dawned with a definite change in the weather. Grey, overcast skies awaited those who, like Stan, found it difficult to sleep.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.