Reprise - Cover

Reprise

Copyright© 2006 by eviltwin

Chapter 71

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 71 - A coming of age and personal growth story. Dave And Carol, meet, fall in love, and suffer the pitfalls of life as they explore themselves and a multiple marriage. Some mysticism.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Humor   Tear Jerker   Incest   Brother   Sister   Father   Daughter   Cousins   Spanking   Group Sex   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Squirting   Lactation   Pregnancy   Cream Pie   Slow  

Beth Richards took over after Jamie and Robbie finished reading the will. She raised her arms in supplication to the Goddess, her diminutive apprentices, K.P. and D.J. following suit. The room became quiet again. The only sounds heard were the quiet beeping of Ben's heart monitor and his raspy breathing. I looked closely at Ben. His skin seemed almost transparent and appeared almost as if he glowed with an inner light.

Beth asked Carol, "Carol Anne, do you have your old knotted cord with you?" Suddenly I had a feeling of 'déja vu all over again'.

Carol replied. "Yes, I do. I've kept it with me all this time. It's in my purse."

Beth asked Jamie to fetch Carol's purse. When he brought it, Beth said. "Carol Anne, get it out for me please."

Carol pulled a battered looking but very familiar piece of string out of her purse and handed it to Beth, with a questioning look. Beth suddenly took on even more of an otherworldly appearance. She took the string, raised the open loop into the air and pronounced. "The Goddess is pleased. The string is still sound and the knot tight. The union it symbolizes is still solid despite years of separation."

Beth said, "Before I begin, Benjamin has more to say. Carol Anne, please remove your diamond and hold out your left hand to Ben. "

Carol nervously did as asked. When she removed her diamond ring, Robbie stepped forward, took it from her, and whispered he'd give it back afterward.

The light in Ben's eyes intensified as he took Carol's left hand in his. "Carol Anne Lloyd, it has been my privilege and honour to be your husband-friend, but the time has come to break that bond so you can move on and allow the Plan to come to fruition. We do this so that you can tie a new knot with David, Diane and Riekie." Carol seemed to know what was coming and tried to pull back, but Ben held her hand firmly. "Carol Anne Lloyd, I, Benjamin Franklin Young do herewith and forever release and absolve you from your marital vows to me. I further relinquish all claims to your heart and body." With that, he gently removed Carol's wedding ring and handed it to Bob for safe keeping.

Carol was reluctant, but knew what she had to do. She nervously followed his lead. "B-benjamin F-franklin Young... I, C-carol Anne L-loyd do herewith and forever release and absolve you from your marital vows to me. I further relinquish all claims to your heart and body." Likewise, she removed Ben's wedding ring and also handed it across the bed to Bob. She then bent and kissed Ben sweetly on the lips. She told me later she had suspected something of this sort from a bit of conversation she overheard between Ben and Beth a few days before, but it still didn't make it any easier. She knew he felt it had to be done, but she felt like she was abandoning her friend.

Ben then motioned to Robbie, who handed him another ring. As Ben slipped it onto the ring finger of his left hand, I noticed it was well worn. Ben smiled in wonder, seemed to focus on the distance and called out to apparently thin air. "I'm almost done, Love. I'll be home in a little while. Be patient a little longer. I love you." His gaze refocused into the room as he explained, "Kate is calling me home. I told her I'd be along shortly, as soon as I'm finished here. Your mother says hello, boys and she's really proud of you."

Jamie and Robbie, stoic to this point, openly had tears in their eyes. Jamie spoke for both. "We miss you, Mom. Take good care of Dad when he comes home."

The fevered light in Ben's eyes diminished a little as he lay back against his pillow and relaxed. His breathing seemed easier, and that smile of wonderment never left him as he watched the rest of the proceedings.

Beth now turned her attention to Diane and me, her small attendants firmly at her side. "Diane Marie, please remove your diamond." Diane took off her diamond engagement ring. Once again, Robbie stepped forward and received it for safe keeping, promising to return it later.

Diane looked almost panic-stricken that I might release her from her vows, but was soon reassured by Beth's next words. "Diane Marie, don't be afraid. David isn't releasing you. Please move your wedding ring to your right hand." Diane did so as Beth explained, "You will be tying a new knot with David and the others. Do you fully understand you will now be sharing David completely with these two others as full partners in your marriage regardless and irrespective of the Law, and that you will be 'Third Wife?'

Diane, relieved, nodded, and said softly, "I do."

Beth then asked Carol and Riekie a similar question. "Carol Anne and Riekie, do you understand you will now be sharing David completely with Diane Marie, that you are reaffirming your original vows and adding her to your marriage, and that she is relinquishing some of her rights as the legal wife to you?"

Carol and Riekie each answered, "I do."

Beth then spoke to me. "David, please move your wedding ring to your right hand. Do you understand what I just asked of Diane Marie, Carol Anne and Riekie?"

Eyebrows raised, I did as directed and answered. "I do."

Beth held out her hand to Robbie. He produced a small leather pouch, from which Beth extracted three lady's wedding bands. I noticed they were very similar to the ones Carol and Riekie wore. She handed one each to K.P. and D.J. and kept the third for herself. Then she drew out a fourth ring, almost identical to the one Carol gave me for my birthday so long ago. She kept this one herself too. She explained as she received the rings from Robbie, "These rings are Robbie and Jamie's wedding presents to you."

Beth raised the rings she held high and her apprentices raised theirs to match. Her voice rose in supplication. "May the Goddess bless these rings and what they symbolize. These rings are the symbol, worn every day, of the knot you will tie." Then she and her tiny helpers lowered their arms, holding the rings in front of them.

She had D.J. hand me her ring. "David, place Carol Anne's ring on her hand and say 'Carol Anne Lloyd, I thee wed'."

I slipped her ring onto Carol Anne's hand "Carol Anne Lloyd, I thee wed."

K.P handed me Riekie's ring. "David, place Riekie's ring on her hand and say 'Hendrieka Maria Lloyd, I thee wed'."

I slipped Riekie's ring onto her hand. "Hendrieka Maria Lloyd, I thee wed."

Beth then handed me Diane's ring. "David, place Diane's ring on her hand and say 'Diane Marie Lloyd, I thee wed'."

I slipped Diane's ring onto her hand. "Diane Marie Lloyd, I thee wed."

All three rings fit the ring finger of their left hands. I marveled at how Beth knew which ring belonged to which wife. Diane's might have been easier, as her fingers were so much smaller, but how had they gotten the sizes? I found out later that all jewelers keep their customers' ring sizes on record. It took a little detective work to locate Riekie's, but the other two and myself were easy. My size and Diane's were on file with my friend, and Ben knew Carol's size from when he married her.

Beth handed my ring to the girls such that they all held it. "Carol Anne, Riekie and Diane Marie take David's ring, read the inscription inside aloud together and place it on his hand together. Say 'William David Lloyd, we thee wed'."

My Girls (Oh! Dear God! It's REAL!) read the inscription as one voice. "Diane, Riekie, Carol and Dave 1985 Hearts Entwined Forever."

Carol and Riekie smiled sweetly at the update then all three slipped it onto my ring finger where it belonged. It fit!

All three again spoke as one voice. "William David Lloyd, We thee wed."

Beth then had us join our ring hands across Ben's bed. Aside from repeating Beth's words and the girls reading the inscription, no one had uttered a word while we exchanged rings. Once we held each others' hands, Beth then wrapped Carol's string cunningly around the original three, Carol, Riekie and me, binding us together. She spoke, her voice soft, but commanding.

"You three, Riekie, Carol Anne and David originally wed yourselves under the sacred knot, and promised rings to each other. Those rings which you still wear were finally exchanged when you made a new declaration that you were wed to each other. Then, again, under the sacred knot, you bound yourselves to all. This is to reaffirm that night twenty years ago tonight. Happy Anniversary"!

Beth produced a new string, longer, stronger, and quite ornate from a previously invisible pocket in her gown. She wrapped it around all four hands such that all four were bound securely, and tied a tight, secure knot. Ben laid his hand over ours. Beth intoned. "The inscription is identical on all four of the new rings. Now, under the sacred knot you will bind yourselves to all. Say together after me. 'We, Carol Anne Lloyd, Hendrieka Maria Lloyd, Diane Marie Lloyd and William David Lloyd take solemn oath and promise before these witnesses that we are now wed, each to each and all to each other in love and friendship forever."

The four of us repeated the vow in unison.

Bob spoke in clear tones, his voice ringing in joy and pride, "I am Witness to this joining of four hearts. Let no man put it asunder." Jamie and Robbie each repeated Bob's words.

From her traveling bag Beth took out one of those special cakes like Mom had used, that wasn't a wedding cake per se, but more like bread. She had the four of us cut it into four more or less equal pieces with our still-bound hands using a small knife she also drew out of her traveling bag. She bade us each take a bite of a piece then a bite from each others' until all four pieces had been bitten by each of us. Then she took the remaining bits and passed them to the others, including the children. Even Ben took a nibble of each piece as it was passed to him. She took a small bit of each herself. By the time everyone had a bite of each piece, the cake was all gone.

Beth spoke again. "You three, Riekie, Carol Anne and David are now thrice joined by the sacred bridal knot and tonight have joined with Diane Marie under a new knot. Tonight the four of you have exchanged new rings and said a vow to each other, declaring and promising eternal love and friendship. You have shared the bounty of the earth represented by this cake with each other and your friends. As Her earthly representative present, I give you the blessing of the Goddess and pronounce you Wed in Her sight and to the world. David, please kiss your brides."

Third time's the charm (I'm counting Paul and the aunts) — I wasn't slow this time. I took first Carol Anne, then Riekie, then Diane into my embrace and kissed them hungrily. It was quite awkward with our left hands tied together like that and on opposite sides of Ben's bed. We had to reach across the bed, trying not to fall on top of Ben while I kissed each, but we managed after all.

When we separated from our kisses, Beth moved around the bed and kissed each of us sweetly on the lips. She then motioned for Bob, then Jamie, Robbie and the twins to do the same. Bob and the boys got sweet kisses from the girls, and a hug and handshake from me. The twins got huge hugs and kisses from the four of us. I was immensely proud of my little princesses. Ben, the mover and shaker behind all this, got the special treatment. All three of my wives gave him sweet, lingering kisses. I held his hand and kissed him on the forehead. I noticed his breathing was getting very shallow, and the light in his eyes was dimming.

I spoke for my family, a huge lump the size of Ontario in my throat. "Benjamin, you are the kindest, most wonderful friend any person could ever have. Thank you. We love you."

After all the kisses, hugs and handshakes, Beth spoke again. "Now the circle is complete." Now I knew what it meant! I had I heard it before, but this time I knew!

Beth unraveled the strings without untying the knots, and gave them to Carol, saying. "First Wife, you kept the first, now keep them both. If you elect a new First Wife, you are still the Keeper, as you are still First Wife in time."

<Elect a First Wife? Now there's a novel idea! That could very well be the subject of our first family meeting.>

We were all standing around Ben's bed, feeling good about ourselves. I had moved around so I had my arms around two wives, Carol on the right, Riekie on the left with the third, Diane, in front, leaning back into me, holding hands with the other two, and the twins cuddled into us. We were facing Ben when his eyes suddenly blazed and a smile of ultimate joy lit up his haggard face as he leaned forward, arms outstretched. "Kate! My Love! You're here! I'm coming! My work here is finally done and I'm on my way home!"

Two small voices piped up. "Uncle Ben!" Ben's eyes refocused briefly as he looked at the twins in response to their call. "She is really pretty, Uncle Ben! You can go with her now. She's waiting."

Ben relaxed back against the bed; his arms fell to his sides; the light in his eyes faded to almost nothing. He whispered my name and I leaned close to hear him. "Goodbye, David, my dear, dear friend. I'll miss you and our talks, but Kate wants me home. She likes you. Say goodbye to all our family for me. Think well of me."

Tears running unashamedly down my cheeks, I whispered back as I kissed him on the cheek, "Good bye Benjamin, my cherished friend. Say hello to Kate for me. May the Goddess protect you."

Ben's last words were almost below the threshold of hearing, "And guide your spirit. See ya, David."

Ben closed his eyes, that beatific smile still on his face. His body seemed to shrink in on itself, and the quietly beeping heart monitor changed to a steady tone. Riekie instantly became the professional and sprang to my side. She checked for a pulse then stood back. With tears running down her face, she whispered, "He's gone." She looked at her watch. "I make the time eight fifteen Mountain, ten fifteen Eastern. Wasn't it around ten o'clock at home when your mother married us that time?"

Beth said the Goddess' benediction, and turned away from Ben's bedside with tears in her eyes. She never looked back.

Carol broke down in tears in Diane's arms. D.J. tugged at her gown to get her attention. Carol looked down at her. "Don't cry Mommy Carol. Uncle Ben left with that nice lady. He's happy now, and he doesn't hurt anymore." Carol stared at our daughter in wonder, a small smile beginning to replace her tears.

She tousled D.J.'s golden locks. "Thank you, Sweetheart." 'From out the mouths of babes' came healing.

K.P. slipped her small hand in mine. "Don't cry, Daddy, Uncle Ben said nobody should cry. He wants us to go home to his old house and have Christmas."

Right then I didn't feel much like Christmas, but then I thought Ben died happy, mission accomplished, into the waiting arms of his beloved wife. Who were we to spoil his happiness by mourning over an empty shell? I squared my shoulders, said goodbye to my friend one more time, and prepared to get on with our lives. That was what Ben wanted, and the whole purpose of his 'project' that brought us all together here today. I gathered my family into a tight group hug as we began the process of healing from our loss.

When Ben's heart monitor 'flat lined', it must have set off an alarm at the nursing station, because within a few minutes, the nurse arrived. Because death was the expected outcome in this place, there was no great urgency, and the nursing staff respected the time families needed immediately following the passing of a loved one. When the nurse entered the room, she checked Ben for vital signs, then turned off all the equipment and removed the IV. The only life support he'd been on was the IV drip that maintained some fluids and administered his pain killer. She commented on the smile still evident on Ben's face. "Looks like he went peacefully and happy."

Riekie told the nurse, "Yes, he did. He said his dead wife came to take him home. He said goodbye to all of us, and then he was gone. I marked the T.O.D. as 8:15 PM Mountain Standard. As the physician present, I can sign the Death Certificate if you want." The nurse marked the time Riekie told her on the chart, had Riekie sign it then asked if we needed more time with Ben.

Riekie queried us. "Do we need to stay?"

Not one of us wanted to stay any longer. Ben was gone, why stand guard over his empty shell? Jamie and Robbie had to remain behind to finalize some arrangements, but there wasn't much; Ben had been very thorough in his preparations. The girls retrieved their clothing from the bathroom, we gathered up all the things we'd brought, including the Christmas gifts and prepared to leave. Robbie returned Carol and Diane's diamond rings to them and Beth told them to put them back on. Bob placed Carol and Ben's wedding bands in the leather pouch Robbie had used for the new bands and presented them to Carol.

We continued to mill about, somewhat embarrassed at the 'social correctness' of the situation. Finally, we all decided to leave. The girls asked Beth if she'd like to come to Carol's home for awhile. Beth demurred, saying she should get home to her own family on Christmas Eve. Jamie and Robbie said they might come over later, but after they finished at the hospital, thought they'd either 'hang out together' or maybe go to their girlfriends' for some 'TLC'. They were all alone now, and were kind of adrift, but I think they just needed some private time. Carol left the invitation open, and said their beds were ready any time they wanted to come. She reminded them they were still expected for Christmas dinner, as that had been their original plan before Ben was taken to the hospital.

The rest of us, including Bob, were going to Carol's. That decision made, we all picked up an armload of stuff and headed down to the parking lot. Bob helped us load the things we'd taken up back into the van. It was a bitterly cold night, but the van started well. Everyone except Bob climbed into the van, Carol riding up front with me to give directions. Diane and Riekie rode in back with the twins, who were starting to get sleepy. Bob had his own car, knew the way, and said he'd meet us there. As we pulled out of the parking lot, Carol said, "OK, David, take us home and love us, Ben would want that."

Ben passed away at eight fifteen. We were on the road to his home from the hospital by nine. It seemed like an eternity, but little more than forty five minutes had passed. Strangely enough, while we mourned the passing of a dear friend, we all felt uplifted by the experience. Ben had passed happily, and had given us the gift of restoring our marriage. I felt we could celebrate Christmas with easy hearts.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.