The Day I Died and Death Was Born - Cover

The Day I Died and Death Was Born

Copyright© 2006 by dwight40

Chapter 5: Death On The Loose

I was just getting off the elevator when I saw my Doctor and I decided it was high time I asked him when I can get out of this Hospital.

So I tried to remember his name and came up blank, I looked at him and he looked like a Doctor that was well hung so I grinned and thought until I learn his name that will have to do.

I said, "excuse me Doctor well hung can I talk to you for a minute or two?"

He looked at me and said, "are you talking to me Mr. Wilkes?"

I grinned and said, "yes and I'm sorry for the inappropriate name, but for the life of me I couldn't remember your name and you looked like a well hung Doctor so I used it to get your attention I hope you accept my apology Doctor."

The Doctor smiles and said, "I have to admit you caught me so off guard that it startled me a little Mr. Wilkes. No one but my wife and mistress call me well hung. I have to admit I like your version better I might use it. By the way it's Doctor Williams, now what can I do for you?"

I had to grit my teeth try to keep from laughing in the good Doctors face it wouldn't be polite to laugh at him at this point in time, maybe later would be good, like when I'm not here.

I said, "I was wondering if you could tell me when I can get discharged from your very nice hospital?"

He said, "well first I need to see your chart and then I can tell you more. If you'll follow me we can check that out."

I said, "lead the Doc."

We walked to the nurse's station not to far from my room. There was a nurse I never noticed or she just returned from a day off. I decided to check her signs, I glanced up, then back at her nametag which read Lily. I thought nice name for a very attractive woman. I glanced above her head and it said, (innocent: likes horses and poodles.) I thought to myself well if everyone was like her the world would be a lot better off.

The Doctor cleared his throat and said; "well by the looks of your chart you can be discharged anytime you want. Your therapist says you are in great shape and could lead a normal life."

I said, "great, but I have a little problem you see there's this very cute and adorable little girl that is an orphan and Marie and I would like to adopt her and I would like to know how I would go about that?"

The Doctor looked at me like he was thinking and said, "oh you mean Cindy O'Connor don't you?"

I said, "yes but I only knew her as Cindy. Thank-you for telling me her last name. Could you be so kind as to tell me how I go about adopting her please."

The Doctor said, "of course I'm sorry but you well need to contact children's services and find out how to get the paper work going."

I groaned and said, "oh great CS will take one look at my last residence and say no I'm sorry sir but you can't adopt!"

The Doctor grinned and said, "not a problem Mr. Wilkes. A friend of my wife's works there and I'm sure strings can be pulled if you know what I mean?"

I grinned right back and said, "pull those strings Doc Marie and I would love to adopt Cindy as soon as we can. Oh and you will have to talk to Marie about my address I can't seem to remember what it was."

The Doctored smiled and said, "I like the way you think Mr. Wilkes! As for your address I believe it's on file, plus Marie should know it as well."

I said, "Thank-you Doctor! That would help greatly. As to when I can get out tomorrow would be great, they're a couple of things I need to take care of tonight."

The Doctor looked at me kind of funny and asked, "you wouldn't happen to know anything about the deaths here would you Mr. Wilkes?"

I looked at the Doctor and said, "hey Doc it's a hospital people die here every day! Do I know why they die? Nope, I have no idea Doc!"

He looked at me for a few minutes and said, "I'm sorry your right people die here everyday! I think I need a vacation I have been working to many long days

I looked at the Doctor and said, "you know you and the wife should go to the Bahamas For a while I here it's great out there! You have the sun the beaches and plenty of time to relax, if you get my drift Doc?"

I grinned and said, "oh yes I get it there is relaxing and then there is relaxing!"

I said, "I knew you caught on quick Doc I bet you were an (A) student in all your classes to?"

He grinned and said, "not really but I got by with (Bs and Cs) Mr. Wilkes but I can see that the heat around here is going to rise very soon and I think your right a nice long vacation would be great!"

I'm glad you see it that way Doctor Williams and your right I think it will be getting very hot here very soon and I always say if I'm going to be hot I might as well be somewhere where it has moisture in the air!" I said.

Then the Doctor was nodding his head and saying, "Yes I see what you mean! Well I need to go and Take care of those things we talked about and make reservations for our vacation."

I said, "take care Doc and thanks for taking car of me and my little problem!"

The Doctor said, "my pleasure in helping with Cindy! As for taking care of you well that's my job see they call me Doctor for that reason."

He laughed at his own joke and I couldn't help but smile myself. The Doctor left and an orderly came in with my dinner and set it on my table just to the side of my bed.

I said, "thank-you!"

The orderly stopped and said, "your welcome sir!" and left smiling

As I was eating what they dare call food Marie entered the room all smiles.

I looked up and said, "I take from your sunny smile that good things are happening around you."

Marie moved the table to the foot of the bed and almost hugged what I ate out of me and kissed me with such passion I was having trouble remembering what I asked her in the first place. We broke the kiss panting for air among other things and Marie said, "you my dear lover are amazing!"

I grinned and said, "well I could be if I knew what I did that was amazing enough for a kiss like that?"

Marie smiled and said, "well Dr. Williams stopped by my office and asked for some information on you and I asked why and he grinned and said for the adoption. I almost screamed because I was excited but I thought I should share my excitement with my man so I came here as fast as I could to hug you and kiss you like I said I would earlier."

I had to laugh at her she said all that like a very hyper kid telling her parents that she found a puppy. She lightly hit my arm and said, "hey this is very serious buddy what's so funny?"

I said, "oh nothing really just that you sound like a hyper kid that found a puppy and wants to keep it!"

Marie thought for a moment and said, "I guess I was running at the mouth wasn't I?"

I said, "it's ok baby you have every right to be excited as far as I'm concerned."

We talked about the adoption and my being discharged in morning and when Cindy could move in with us.

Then it Marie like a train I was being discharged in the morning and she kissed me and jumped down off the bed and said, "baby I need to get home and do laundry and dust and clean because your coming home at last!"

I grinned and said, "yep I going home to you and soon Cindy will join us!"

Marie gave me another heart stopping kiss and said, "I need get out of here and get going or I will not go at all." She turned and almost skipped out of my room man what a site that was too!

I looked at the wall clock and it said 6:25 PM and thought I wonder if Steve is home yet, I decided to call and see if he was there. I took his number out of the table drawer and dialed his number it rang two times before a man answered the phone saying, "the Moore residence Steve Moore speaking who is calling please?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.