Veronica - Cover

Veronica

Copyright© 2006 by Horatio

Chapter 16

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 16 - A modest but desperate young woman goes through deep embarrassment in order to become wealthy.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Humor   BDSM   Humiliation   Sadistic   Torture  

Veronica moved her king's pawn to start with, and the old man responded in kind. So far so good, she thought, as she brought up her queen's pawn to be next to the other piece. What would he do now? Again, a reciprocal move. She felt the sweat begin to pour off her and her heart rate increase. "For heaven's sake, calm down, Veronica" she told herself. After all it was only a game and she didn't need the money anyway - not a resourceful girl like her.

All day, this thought had been building up. She was capable of making her own way in life. Even if she somehow jumped through all the hoops and cleared all the hurdles this man had put in her path, it was the journey that was important to her now and not the destination, which had imperceptibly retreated into irrelevance as the day had progressed. She would still take his money alright, but she didn't need it. All that she needed for success in life she had within herself.

He won the first game, although not without a few hairy moments for him, but Veronica was very rusty and sacrificed a pawn in the early stages, failing to gain the tactical advantage from this move that she hoped for. From then on it was a steady battle of attrition in which her position finally became quite hopeless and she resigned, seeing clearly that all was well and truly lost.

Having the advantage of being White gave him the second game also. She looked up at the clock. Plenty of time before midnight and she only needed to win once. Now that it was just a matter of beating him to satisfy her honour and make up for some of the things that had happened to her today, she was calmer now and coldly concentrating on the game, treating it as a mental exercise rather than a life or death struggle.

Game three lasted far longer than the first two and Veronica thought she had him at one point, but he fought back with great tenacity and was able to force a stalemate. Not good enough, but encouraging!

Game four was a scrappy and very unbeautiful game, after which the victorious Vane-Clatworthy murmured sadly and ruefully. "Unworthy of us, my dear. Quite unworthy! I suggest we adjourn in order collect our thoughts and refresh ourselves."

He rang the bell and Miss Prosser came in.

"My lovely opponent and I are in need of coffee, strong, black and sweet. She will help you prepare it, I am sure, as long as you ask her nicely!"

"No need to ask" laughed Veronica, glad to take a break. "I volunteer!"

She got to her feet and saw the momentary surprise on Miss Prosser's face as her full nakedness was revealed. This good lady quickly suppressed whatever thoughts she might have and smilingly showed Veronica the way to the kitchen.

"While we wait for the coffee to brew, why don't you go and have a shower, my dear. You look as if you could do with one!"

"And probably smell as if I could!" giggled Veronica. "I've had a lot of exercise in the last couple of hours and that room is pretty hot."

By the time she had showered and made herself her usual sweet-smelling self, the coffee was ready. As Miss Prosser prepared a tray and a plate full of biscuits, Veronica asked her how long she had worked for Andrew Vane-Clatworthy.

"Since I left school, twenty three years ago. A fine employer, Miss Harmsworth, but prone to the odd practical joke. Like finding out just what people will do for money, for instance - seeing just what they are willing to do by way of sacrificing their dignity and self-respect. Sorry! That was unkind." "It was unkind, but quite just." replied Veronica. "I would back out of this now, but for the fact that I shook his hand and agreed to put myself at his disposal for the day. But the glittering prize at the end doesn't glitter any more. I know I can make my own millions without any help from an eccentric philanthropist. And if I can't, then I don't want them!"

"Well - I advise you to tell him what you just said. But that is your decision, of course. Do you want to hold the door for me, please?"

The coffee was placed on a small table and both players sipped a few drops.

"That's better! The grey cells are in motion again, after my lapse into catatonia! Shall we resume?"

"Yes, Sir. Let battle recommence!"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.