Choices
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2006 by Kervin

As far as medical exams go, this one wasn't so bad. I was afraid since these were aliens, this medical exam might involve something that I just won't do, I don't have anything against the lifestyle but I don't swing that way. Luckily for my ass it was non evasive, I laid in the pod and felt a tingle, when I asked about it Torak said it was the energy from the medical scanner, so I relaxed it was remarkably soothing. When it was done Torak said "when I acquired the information on your planet from the Empire I also acquired their medical database on your people, the Sarik keep extensive medical records on their slaves, there is no use enslaving a planet if you won't get your moneys worth." I guess that makes sense in a Machiavellian sort of way.

"So how long do I have to live doc?"

"With our mission it's hard to say" he said with a grin.

I thought there he goes being 'funny' again

"But biologically speaking you're fine, for a human"

"What do you mean 'for a human'?"

"Well humans don't live as long as we do, we live 60 to 100 of your years more then you, second you don't have immunity to many diseases that can affect you, and third you lack certain enhancements that more common space faring races have".

The first one didn't worry me so much I don't think that there was anything to be done the other two could be a problem so I asked if there was anything to be done about it.

"The Sarik database already has the some of the of knowledge that we need, such as the alteration to the Panacinne, and radiation corrector, things that one would give to ones slaves, the rest we will have to do without until we find a xenobiologist, that can adapt our technology to your race"

"What the hell is Panacinne and radiation corrector, and why will they give it to humans?"

"Panacinne is a vaccine for all known infectious bodies, such as viruses and bacteria it, the radiation corrector is something that will prevent mutation and cellular degradation, although severe radiation will still kill you"

I understood why they would give this to the human population, just like we give antibiotics to cattle. For the past 10 thousand years humanity thought it self at the top of the food chain now if felt weird think of humans as cattle.

"Are there any side effects to these... improvements?"

"You won't even notice them; other then you won't get sick or die from radiation" He smiled reassuringly

So he injected me with this needle less gun looking device, twice one for each improvement.

"The Sarik database also has certain genetic improvements, such as a cure for... Uncontrolled growth of cells" cancer I thought "improvements in your strength and stamina, and something to speed up your healing," I started getting exited "but I don't know if it will have side effects on your intelligence, your rejection of Alpha commands and other things that are unwelcome in a slave" my excitement was gone.

"Well, when we find a xenobiologist we will ask him".

With the matter settled we went to go get some food.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.