Bad Day At The Office
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2006 by Telephoneman

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 11 - The story of a man trying to come to terms with life after his wife's death

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual  

The day at worked passed slowly and without incident, and refreshingly for me, without any further doubts.

We continued to see each other most nights that week, although Terry only stayed over once more.

The weekend was different though, we spent every single moment together, going out as a couple for the first time; even something as mundane as the weekly food shop took on a magic as we strolled hand in hand down the supermarket aisles.

We talked incessantly, yet there were many silences that neither of us felt we had to break.

When Teresa returned to her own home, late on Sunday evening, I was amazed at just how quickly she had become a part of my life; even this early I was beginning to think in terms of us rather than me. I was honest enough to know that I still didn't love her, but more importantly, for the first time, I realised that I could.

The following weekend would be an emotional roller coaster for me for it was my daughter's wedding. I'd spoken to Emma about my growing attachment to Teresa, but told her that we both accepted that it might be best if I went alone to the wedding.

"You'll do no such thing Dad!" I was ordered. "If she is to be part of your life, and I do hope that she is, then she will be part of our lives as well, and that starts now. I know you are thinking about me and also about Mum, but Mum would be the first to insist that she be there. And you know it!"

Emma finally got to meet Teresa, albeit briefly, three days before the wedding. They were polite and both a bit apprehensive, so it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. There was gratefully no animosity, so maybe the timing was just a bit out.

The Saturday morning was a mad fiasco of check and double check, of a myriad of phone calls and visitors.

About forty minutes before the wedding was due Teresa arrived at my house, from where the bride and I would leave for the church, and after a rather chaste kiss said to me. "David! I expect you to be thinking about Jane a lot today, you wouldn't be you if you didn't. This should have been her big day and I know you and your daughter will feel her absence. I am not going there to replace, her so don't hide your feelings for her today of all days, you will not hurt me by thinking of her."

She turned to go leaving me bereft of words, then looked back and with a smile added. "By the way you look fabulous, good enough to eat in fact!"

I was still stunned by her words and how accurately she'd assessed me when my daughter's voice broke through.

"She's right Dad! Let's not forget Mum today." I looked at my beautiful, no longer little, girl, and saw the tears in her eyes. I felt my own well up and before I knew it we were hugging and crying together.

When we finally pulled apart Emma said. "That was very big of her to come and say that. I know you don't think we hit it off on Thursday, but I reckon we were both too nervous. I'm sure we'll get on fine. Oh yes! Something else she's right about."

I looked inquisitively.

"You are looking very handsome ... for an old fart."

"Gracious as ever." I laughed.

As I walked down the aisle with Emma on my arm, I felt so proud. The white wedding dress enhanced her already beautiful features. I wished Jane had lived long enough to witness this day but when I saw Teresa standing quietly and anonymously in the congregation, I realised that as much as I had loved my wife, my future was with someone else.

It was as the vicar droned on about love and all its glory that I realised that I did love Teresa. Although it was quite early in our relationship, I was also fairly convinced that it was mutual.

Another man led my daughter from the church, her new husband, Luke. It felt strange saying that word about my Emma, to me; in some way she'd always be my little girl. I led the groom's mother out of the church, but once out, immediately waited for Terry to appear. Apart from the photo-shoot and the too frequent circulation requirements, I kept her hand in mine. I had many smiles aimed my way because of my obvious affection for my partner, but also a few frowns, mainly from Jane's more distant family. Jane's father made a point in speaking to both of us and making his approval known; something that was typical of the man, but nonetheless very welcome.

During a lull I managed to congratulate Emma and was surprised by her acumen when she said. "You've changed. You seem a lot more relaxed now. What's happened?"

After a brief pause I decided to tell her. "Thought it must be something like that. I'm glad and its obvious that she loves you."

"Is it?" I thought she did too, but I didn't think it was that obvious.

"Yes Dad, it is. I was certain within about ten minutes of seeing you together. On and off, it was two years I was going out with Luke before I knew I loved him, six more months before I was sure he loved me, but you pair it only just two weeks, it shows something is right."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.